Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:59:48 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] GME | GameCoin - Unofficial fork and Windows QT Client.  (Read 23820 times)
MitchB

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 08:13:04 PM

Working on a gambling site for this currency, and possibly some other newer currencies.  Setting up the server for it now.  Smiley
jayo89 (OP)

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 02:36:04 AM

Also, sounds like FRC is doing some interesting things, The only issue I have is that to my understanding demurrage is not done by the system, but rather by the proprietors of exchanges etc.is that the case or am I confused?
Depends on point of view. My understanding that demurrage means to deduct a fixed percentage of your balance with each new block on the network.
The wallet/client does this automatically as it's directly hooked up to the blockchain.

Most exchanges, however, are built in a way that they detect incoming transfers and book them to their internal account that they have set up for you. Since this account then is independent of the account via which you did your payments, they have to implement it themselves. bter.com deducts a fixed amount per day independently of the blockchain, others may choose other methods.
So imo it's not a fault of Freicoin, but rather something the implementors of Exchanges have not thought of in the design of their software, they expected balances only to change through payins and payouts, but not "out of thin air".
So basically nobody is to blame(you cannot plan for every unthought-of-eventuality), they just need to adopt their design.

Ahh, I gotcha.  So the node's global balance decreases properly with the blockchain, but the daemon doesn't automatically update the balance on all of the individual accounts?

「   B e a x y   」   THE ALL-IN-ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
[ WHITEPAPER ]              Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program              [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●   TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
nulo0b

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 08:21:47 AM

Its stuck in syn.

24k is stuck on incomming.

Just a bug, orn i'm missing something?

New wallet from yesterday

ruecanonrails

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 11:38:33 AM

Its stuck in syn.

Yeah that's just a "bug" in short at some point someone tried to replace blockchain with the litecoin blockchain. However even though the client will not accept the litecoin blockchain it still see's that someone has those blocks and so it shows up as out of sync.

It's nothing to worry about, you can still mine, transfer coins, and do everything you normally can. Just ignore it saying out of sync. It may fix itself after a few checkpoints are reached.
8kmode

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 02:08:57 PM

Yeah I will throw what I have at it for a little while to help out.
Sondey10mg

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 02:29:39 PM

Putting my 400kh/s on this

*Image Removed*
 *Image Removed*
Petr1fied

Activity: 630
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 02:30:01 PM

Its stuck in syn.

It's because the difficulty is quite high at 1.0 and we need another 385 blocks until the difficulty goes down. Unfortunately there are very few people devoting hashing power to it. Once we hit block 20160 things will improve dramatically but we need miners to help us hit that goal.

Putting my 400kh/s on this

Welcome onboard, we can use all the hashing power we can get.  Grin
Sondey10mg

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 03:42:03 PM

Found a new block. Come on people, only few blocks left til diff adjustment!

*Image Removed*
 *Image Removed*
jayo89 (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 06:36:08 PM

IMPORTANT: Active GameCoiners Please Listen!

It's been suggested we alter the difficulty adjustment algorith for GameCoin.  This would mean the the difficulty would adjust more frequently, allowing the coin to remain stable and active even if the hashrate drops significantly, as the network will respond and drop the difficulty much sooner.  our difficulty adjustment would be over 20 times more frequent than it is now.

The downside is that changing the difficulty algorithm causes a hard fork in the blockchain:  Those users who upgrade their clients to the new algorithm and those who do not.
So, I need to know what the active GameCoiners all think about this, because our nodes essentially form the core network for GameCoin at this point, and we need to all be in agreement before anything is done.

So guys, what do we do?

[ WHITEPAPER ]              Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program              [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●   TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
Sondey10mg

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 06:37:36 PM

agreed. I'm in

*Image Removed*
 *Image Removed*
lightlord
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3226
Merit: 1226

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2013, 07:03:16 PM

It's been suggested we alter the difficulty adjustment algorith for GameCoin.  This would mean the the difficulty would adjust more frequently, allowing the coin to remain stable and active even if the hashrate drops significantly, as the network will respond and drop the difficulty much sooner.  our difficulty adjustment would be over 20 times more frequent than it is now.

The downside is that changing the difficulty algorithm causes a hard fork in the blockchain:  Those users who upgrade their clients to the new algorithm and those who do not.
So, I need to know what the active GameCoiners all think about this, because our nodes essentially form the core network for GameCoin at this point, and we need to all be in agreement before anything is done.

So guys, what do we do?

Agreed, we should drop it to like every 64 Blocks, or even 32 Blocks for difficulty adjustments.
I was thinking a fork and decreasing Gamecoin blocks to 250 each, to make them a tiny bit more scare,
and a drop from where it is at to like 24 Million coins. With 125>62>31>15>7>3 block halfings.
Making 125 in like 1000 blocks from now, etc.

I was thinking of a name potential change as well, Like Global Coins, or World Marks, maybe Taler Coins.
Something that would bring more popularity.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
MitchB

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 07:21:09 PM

Turns out I need a version for linux to run my site properly.  WINE doesn't feel like working with either gamecoind.exe or gamecoin-qt.exe...

I'll see if I can convert it myself, but I'd like someone else to try as well.
Petr1fied

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 07:25:15 PM

I'm in. Anything that will bring the difficulty down faster is a good thing and it's not like we exactly have that much support on the current chain anyway. I'm finding 2 out of every 3 blocks at the moment with just 1.8 Mhash/s.

@litelord: I'm not so sure lowering the block reward is a good idea as those of us who have been mining it from the beginning will have been getting 1000 per block and those coming to it in future would get much less for their efforts. This will just create a negative vibe against the coin.
jayo89 (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 07:28:56 PM

I'm in. Anything that will bring the difficulty down faster is a good thing and it's not like we exactly have that much support on the current chain anyway. I'm finding 2 out of every 3 blocks at the moment with just 1.8 Mhash/s.

@litelord: I'm not so sure lowering the block reward is a good idea as those of us who have been mining it from the beginning will have been getting 1000 per block and those coming to it in future would get much less for their efforts. This will just create a negative vibe against the coin.

I have to agree.  And the name is really the only feature of this coin that made it worth salvaging anyways, so that's likely to stay.

But if we can get Tyrion on board to compile the new Windows QT then I'll increase the difficulty adjustment frequency and get this coin stable.

lightlord
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2013, 07:37:27 PM

well drop it to 32 or so for block adjustments, while keeping everything else the same.
This should fix most of the issues.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 07:38:11 PM

I still mine this.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
stevenlam

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2013, 07:44:33 PM

Mining this now

lightlord
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2013, 07:45:51 PM

1.8 Mhash? Well I was mining nibble coins for a bit, here ya go, 4.5 Mhash of my mining power back to the gamecoin network, lets try and get this difficulty adjustment to happen. Once my other rig gets fixed from ncix, you should see 6Mhash of mining power from me later today or tommorrow  Smiley

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Petr1fied

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 07:45:58 PM

But if we can get Tyrion on board to compile the new Windows QT then I'll increase the difficulty adjustment frequency and get this coin stable.

I'm sure he'll agree, I'll happily send another 10K GME his way if he recompiles it.

Maybe you could do something with the litecoin contamination too? If block 1 != the hash of block 1 from the checkpoint force close their client with an error message telling them to delete everything but wallet.dat?
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 07:46:05 PM

So guys, what do we do?

With this hard fork thing... does that mean all coins mined right now would become pretty much... dust?

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: