Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 03:13:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] GME | GameCoin - Unofficial fork and Windows QT Client.  (Read 23823 times)
jayo89 (OP)

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 01:56:01 AM

By the way guys, I've transferred 50,000 GME to the house account on my Blackjack site. Special offer for people who post in this thread only. Visit the site and tell me the deposit wallet address it gives you here:

And I'll credit the account with 200 GME which you can gamble to potentially gain more or just withdraw it to your own GME wallet. It's entirely up to you.

Please note the site is session based so you'll need to keep it open in your browser until your account has been credited and you've cashed out.

Also, this 200 GME credit offer is only open to people posting in this topic. I have offered lesser amounts in other topics.

+1

All of you, seriously, good job.  Everyone's really pulled together to lift up this abandoned coin.

Alright, as we approach the new difficulty adjustment, we're going to be implementing a more agile difficulty adjustment algorithm that will prevent GameCoin from having these issues in the future.  This will also lessen the impact of many miners jumping on at once on an easy difficulty and racking up large amounts of coins, so distribution between miners will be more fair and more profitable for loyal, regular miners.

What I need is any and all site owners, pool operators, major miners, etc to contact me via PM so we can co-ordinate the re-launch together and make sure nobody winds up with bad blocks.

After this point, any other GameCoin users should update their wallet with the new client which will be provided at launch time.  This will guarantee you stay on the correct (faster, more stable) blockchain, and that all balances and transactions will remain accurate.

「   B e a x y   」   THE ALL-IN-ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
[ WHITEPAPER ]              Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program              [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●   TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 02:03:56 AM

By the way guys, I've transferred 50,000 GME to the house account on my Blackjack site. Special offer for people who post in this thread only. Visit the site and tell me the deposit wallet address it gives you here:

And I'll credit the account with 200 GME which you can gamble to potentially gain more or just withdraw it to your own GME wallet. It's entirely up to you.

Please note the site is session based so you'll need to keep it open in your browser until your account has been credited and you've cashed out.

Also, this 200 GME credit offer is only open to people posting in this topic. I have offered lesser amounts in other topics.

+1

All of you, seriously, good job.  Everyone's really pulled together to lift up this abandoned coin.

Alright, as we approach the new difficulty adjustment, we're going to be implementing a more agile difficulty adjustment algorithm that will prevent GameCoin from having these issues in the future.  This will also lessen the impact of many miners jumping on at once on an easy difficulty and racking up large amounts of coins, so distribution between miners will be more fair and more profitable for loyal, regular miners.

What I need is any and all site owners, pool operators, major miners, etc to contact me via PM so we can co-ordinate the re-launch together and make sure nobody winds up with bad blocks.

After this point, any other GameCoin users should update their wallet with the new client which will be provided at launch time.  This will guarantee you stay on the correct (faster, more stable) blockchain, and that all balances and transactions will remain accurate.

Make sure you BOLD that you keep the .conf and the wallet.dat files when updating and delete everything else.

IMO call me greedy but I hope no one jumps on right away so I can hog some GMC because its been a long dry spell besides the few awesome donations I have gotten, lack of pools just killed my mining Sad

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
8kmode

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 02:27:10 AM

183 blocks to go..

Is there anyway the dev's can change the block reward from 1000 to 100 or so? Seems like 1000 will provide waaay to much GME, which I think will stop it having any real value.
Miner-TE

Activity: 499
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 03:16:00 AM

Anyway,  It was fun while it lasted. Ending balance 0.5 + that Blackjack.  

Leaving now for dinner. Will try again later.

I tried 4 or 5 times to finish that hand.  Hope you can find it in the logs.

It was because both you and the dealer had blackjack so it was a push:

At least I know where to look in my code. Wink EDIT: Issue fixed.  Cool

As you would have been returned the 4 GME as a result of a push I've done it manually and cleared the broken game so you should be able to play again when you return assuming your browser remains open of course.

Is there an "about" page for this coin somewhere so I can see the point of it? I have been mining it but would like to know what it is meant for. I mean is it only meant for gambling and lottos and things or is it possible it could wind up at exchanges as well? Sorry I just like to read and like to know what I am getting into, it would be great if I could get some more details about this coin. Thanks in advance!

You could try reading the original release topic but it doesn't really tell you anything about what the developers plans were for it.

The original developer abandoned the project when it became apparent he had messed up by using the same genesis block as litecoin which resulted in a 51% attack on day one.

Once the 51% attack happened everyone abandoned it apart from a few diehards like myself and jayo89 trying to give it a second life by creating a new fork.

Could it end up on an exchange at some point? Sure, I don't see why not but I can't see that happening until we reach the difficulty readjust at block 20160 and the difficulty comes way down. After that I can see more miners coming onboard and the coin gathering some momentum. Those of us who are plugging away whilst it's difficult & unpopular will be the ones who will benefit most should this happen.

I came back after dinner,  using the same session on the browser. Deposited the 4.5 and played 2 hands. .....  Lost it all.  No luck.

Will play again later, using my own funds.  Thanks for the free entertainment.  Smiley

BTC - 1PeMMYGn7xbZjUYeaWe9ct1VV6szLS1vkD - LTC - LbtcJRJJQQBjZuHr6Wm7vtB9RnnWtRNYpq
Petr1fied

Activity: 630
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 03:35:23 AM

+1

All of you, seriously, good job.  Everyone's really pulled together to lift up this abandoned coin.

Alright, as we approach the new difficulty adjustment, we're going to be implementing a more agile difficulty adjustment algorithm that will prevent GameCoin from having these issues in the future.  This will also lessen the impact of many miners jumping on at once on an easy difficulty and racking up large amounts of coins, so distribution between miners will be more fair and more profitable for loyal, regular miners.

After this point, any other GameCoin users should update their wallet with the new client which will be provided at launch time.  This will guarantee you stay on the correct (faster, more stable) blockchain, and that all balances and transactions will remain accurate.

Well I think we need to nominate a specific block number at which we'll all stop mining. Perhaps block 20060 which is 78 blocks away and 100 blocks from the current 20160 target. This is probably about 3-4 days away at our current rate. This should give everyone enough notice that they'll have to update when we reach that block to be on the correct blockchain.

I'll of course update my site as soon as you're ready to go.
8kmode

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 03:54:29 AM

+1

All of you, seriously, good job.  Everyone's really pulled together to lift up this abandoned coin.

Alright, as we approach the new difficulty adjustment, we're going to be implementing a more agile difficulty adjustment algorithm that will prevent GameCoin from having these issues in the future.  This will also lessen the impact of many miners jumping on at once on an easy difficulty and racking up large amounts of coins, so distribution between miners will be more fair and more profitable for loyal, regular miners.

After this point, any other GameCoin users should update their wallet with the new client which will be provided at launch time.  This will guarantee you stay on the correct (faster, more stable) blockchain, and that all balances and transactions will remain accurate.

Well I think we need to nominate a specific block number at which we'll all stop mining. Perhaps block 20060 which is 78 blocks away and 100 blocks from the current 20160 target. This is probably about 3-4 days away at our current rate. This should give everyone enough notice that they'll have to update when we reach that block to be on the correct blockchain.

I'll of course update my site as soon as you're ready to go.

Yeah I am down for that. Doubt I qualify as a big miner with my measly 700k/hash but I will stop at 20060 until further notice Smiley
btw - 12 blocks found so far running the miner for around 12 hours Grin
Sondey10mg

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 09:49:36 AM

I'm mining this every day, but only have 300kh/s, so I'm not a big miner. I always keep an eye on this thread though!

*Image Removed*
 *Image Removed*
jk1985

Activity: 143

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 10:19:20 AM

Got 9500 GME for sale, PM me your offers!

LTC: LW8Zy9u9efGQhHzb6HjnjHaCS3woPBzHuP
BTC: 1LfVPRzj6GNJ4wKUa9QZEuu2LvPYqqXZW3
Rep: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=209071
8kmode

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 10:25:33 AM

Got 9500 GME for sale, PM me your offers!

Maybe you should wait until the coin is a bit more established before selling, you may get more for them..?
8kmode

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 11:00:02 AM

If anyone knows much about pools and wants to point me in the right direction I will gladly set one (or attempt) to set one up on my machine for the time being?
jayo89 (OP)

Activity: 180

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 12:30:42 PM

183 blocks to go..

Is there anyway the dev's can change the block reward from 1000 to 100 or so? Seems like 1000 will provide waaay to much GME, which I think will stop it having any real value.

Changing the block reward inline can be messy and runs a lot of risks.  Plus that would unbalance everything since it would mean that all coins currently in circulations would've been easier to get, it could drive new miners away from the coin, feeling they are at an unfair disadvantage.

It could also lead to accusations of pre-pumping the coin to get a bunch out into a few hands early, then reducing the block reward to increase the coin value.

「   B e a x y   」   THE ALL-IN-ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
[ WHITEPAPER ]              Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program              [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●   TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
8kmode

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 01:21:45 PM

183 blocks to go..

Changing the block reward inline can be messy and runs a lot of risks.  Plus that would unbalance everything since it would mean that all coins currently in circulations would've been easier to get, it could drive new miners away from the coin, feeling they are at an unfair disadvantage.

It could also lead to accusations of pre-pumping the coin to get a bunch out into a few hands early, then reducing the block reward to increase the coin value.

Yeah true, just seems like a lot of coins.. 20,000 blocks and already 20 mil coins in circulation.
BrewCrewFan

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 01:24:51 PM

Shit It wont matter wtf you do haters will hate.

BTW guys I FINALLY found a block. Actually 2. I decided to let it go over night again and found 2 blocks in 2 hours. Now I dont know "who" found them because of the multiple cards going.. but they are found.

I will be pissed if they are stale.

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
8kmode

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 01:29:33 PM

BTW guys I FINALLY found a block. Actually 2. I decided to let it go over night again and found 2 blocks in 2 hours. Now I dont know "who" found them because of the multiple cards going.. but they are found.

Congrats Smiley

whats your total has rate with the other pc's?
BrewCrewFan

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 01:32:40 PM

Congrats Smiley

Ummm dont laugh but around 300khash.

I got 2x cpus ( q6600 and a xeon ) 250gts, 660 and a 450.

8kmode

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 02:56:49 PM

Congrats Smiley

not too bad, and hey, at least you got some blocks Grin
Petr1fied

Activity: 630
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 03:53:52 PM

Great work BrewCrewFan, glad your dedication has finally paid off.  Cool
BrewCrewFan

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 04:00:16 PM

Great work BrewCrewFan, glad your dedication has finally paid off.  Cool

Yes finally... though I must say I gave that new coin a try which failed.

1 more week and I should be having a nice new card.... what you think could get me for 200 bucks?

Carra23
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

Need a campaign manager? PM me

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 04:08:52 PM

Is the startup Blckjack offer still on? In case it is the address is Gfx8jAzzGX8Lrw1QU13YP568prt3DpiRhQ
akumaburn

Activity: 281
Merit: 250

The Gold Standard of Digital Currency.

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 04:12:39 PM

Congrats Smiley

You need to get yourself some radeons m8.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: