Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 09:12:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] GME | GameCoin - Unofficial fork and Windows QT Client.  (Read 23818 times)
Petr1fied

Activity: 630
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 09:19:16 AM

tyrion70's block explorer and pool are both updated. The pool stats are displaying the wrong retarget information but the important part is working as it should. I've just solved a couple of blocks on the pool and received payment so I guess those of you who had built up PPLNS shares before the hard fork should have also received payments too. Wink
Sondey10mg

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 09:27:17 PM

Hashrate ~3Mh/s

*Image Removed*
 *Image Removed*
barwizi
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 05:56:49 AM

current difficulty?
PoolMinor
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1338

XXXVII Fnord is toast without bread

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 06:14:11 AM

current difficulty?

http://gme.p2pool.nl/chain/Gamecoins

Btc=C2MF       Free BTC Poker
Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent. -Marilyn vos Savant
Sondey10mg

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 08:47:54 AM

0.114!

*Image Removed*
 *Image Removed*
barwizi
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 09:13:36 AM

i suggested pushing for market, ya'llz made me look like a devil  Roll Eyes, now this coin is being drowned out by the din of other coins, no matter how much merit a coin has, once it looses crowds it's dead. Worse if you are not listed on coinchoose. bye suckers, you killed this coin by sheer idiocy.
Sondey10mg

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 10:03:13 AM

i suggested pushing for market, ya'llz made me look like a devil  Roll Eyes, now this coin is being drowned out by the din of other coins, no matter how much merit a coin has, once it looses crowds it's dead. Worse if you are not listed on coinchoose. bye suckers, you killed this coin by sheer idiocy.

why would it be dead? 8 Mh/s and diff of 0.22

*Image Removed*
 *Image Removed*
Sondey10mg

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 12:52:03 PM

Poolminor your messages keep disappearing..

So this coin is not dead. But maybe it would not be a bad idea to list it on cryptsy? There aren't many people with a lot of these coins I think, so if we agree not to dump everything, maybe some new users will start mining gamecoin?

*Image Removed*
 *Image Removed*
PoolMinor
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 12:59:02 PM

This is because I decide later that my comments are unwarranted and cause undesired outcomes.  Embarrassed

Thanks for noticing though.  Cheesy

So this coin is not dead. But maybe it would not be a bad idea to list it on cryptsy? There aren't many people with a lot of these coins I think, so if we agree not to dump everything, maybe some new users will start mining gamecoin?

I agree, this coin needs more interest now that the new changes have been implemented. To the exchange...

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent. -Marilyn vos Savant
jayo89 (OP)

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 04:31:22 PM

This is because I decide later that my comments are unwarranted and cause undesired outcomes.  Embarrassed

Thanks for noticing though.  Cheesy

I agree, this coin needs more interest now that the new changes have been implemented. To the exchange...

I think an exchange is an easy way out and a march to a slow death.  This isn't a quick cash out, pump-and-dump going.  This coin's backed by an actual idea and a plan now.
Getting listed on an exchange would get interest faster, bas as all other alts it would fizzle and poof.  The real trick to building interest is to get small casual games accepting GameCoin, GME giveaways and incentives that are game-oriented, maybe auctioning off some Steam codes for GME.  Give it some Game-based value rather than market-maniuplating, pump-and-dump, flavour of the week garbage.

Don't worry guys, I'm not just spewing hot air, I've got some pretty cool things on the Horizon to make it super easy for developers to accept GameCoin payments, and I'm n talks with a couple local devs.

「   B e a x y   」   THE ALL-IN-ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
[ WHITEPAPER ]              Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program              [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●   TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
PoolMinor
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 04:41:16 PM

I think an exchange is an easy way out and a march to a slow death.  This isn't a quick cash out, pump-and-dump going.  This coin's backed by an actual idea and a plan now.
Getting listed on an exchange would get interest faster, bas as all other alts it would fizzle and poof.  The real trick to building interest is to get small casual games accepting GameCoin, GME giveaways and incentives that are game-oriented, maybe auctioning off some Steam codes for GME.  Give it some Game-based value rather than market-maniuplating, pump-and-dump, flavour of the week garbage.

Don't worry guys, I'm not just spewing hot air, I've got some pretty cool things on the Horizon to make it super easy for developers to accept GameCoin payments, and I'm n talks with a couple local devs.

This may be outside of the box thinking, but does this coin have to be promoted to one particular use of the word "game?" Perhaps someone could allow this coin to be marketed for Big Game (fishing, hunting, etc.). I do not have an interest in these things but perhaps someone here does.  Smiley

jayo89 (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 08:10:33 PM

I think an exchange is an easy way out and a march to a slow death.  This isn't a quick cash out, pump-and-dump going.  This coin's backed by an actual idea and a plan now.
Getting listed on an exchange would get interest faster, bas as all other alts it would fizzle and poof.  The real trick to building interest is to get small casual games accepting GameCoin, GME giveaways and incentives that are game-oriented, maybe auctioning off some Steam codes for GME.  Give it some Game-based value rather than market-maniuplating, pump-and-dump, flavour of the week garbage.

This may be outside of the box thinking, but does this coin have to be promoted to one particular use of the word "game?" Perhaps someone could allow this coin to be marketed for Big Game (fishing, hunting, etc.). I do not have an interest in these things but perhaps someone here does.  Smiley

I don't think it's out of the box thinking at all.  It's just looking at everything from an elementary level.  Most coins were created on the basis of making money, so thier primary interest would be an exchange.  This coin was revived because the name could lead to come cool applications, so the real value (and where the coin will obtain the best price) is by making it available to the masses, and having places that actually accept it as some form of money (in-game or otherwise).  This is a coin, it's purpose is to be used as a medium of exchange for goods and services, not just as a raw commodity.

[ WHITEPAPER ]              Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program              [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●   TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
PoolMinor
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 10:14:38 PM

Would it be out of the question to impose a value of 1000 GME equals $1 at the box office for say a sporting event? For instance I could set up a ticket box office with a standing buy order of $10 for 10,000 GME for people that want to purchase tickets to the local NBA or MLS events. Of course applying this value to the coin would deplete my actual $$ in a matter of hours. I think there needs to be a local value set before we can achieve a global value.

jayo89 (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 04:52:35 AM

Would it be out of the question to impose a value of 1000 GME equals $1 at the box office for say a sporting event? For instance I could set up a ticket box office with a standing buy order of $10 for 10,000 GME for people that want to purchase tickets to the local NBA or MLS events. Of course applying this value to the coin would deplete my actual $$ in a matter of hours. I think there needs to be a local value set before we can achieve a global value.

I was actually cnsidering writing guidelines to some similar effect, imposing guidelines to keep the coin level and stable.

(possbily) Bad news for miners, these would include pretty tight daily deposit allowances in games to allow for fairer play (Nobody will want to play a game when a select few have nearly unlimited funds, and gave developers won't want to accept a currency that would allow that kind of discord in thier games).

If all of these guidelines are met, a game/app/platform will be designated as "GameCoin Approved", and may be featured/promoted by GameCoin, may possibly qualify for a small stipend to get the ball rolling (if the game offers GME as in-game rewards, which will also follow guidelines for approval)

Of Course, GameCoin will always be open-source, so people that don't care about approval don't need to bother, they just miss out on the benefits/trust that comes with it.  It would still be suggested that all developers follow the guidelines regardless to ensure a stable value for the coin, which really benefits us all in the end.

Also, I was thinking of a price more in the range of $0.10/GME.  People forget that GameCoins can be broken down into a lot of very tiny units.  It would probably be suggested that the standard in-game "unit" for rewards be around 0.0001 GME or less (a single "unit" would be equivalent to one basic unit of in-game currency in value (Coins, Gold, GP, etc)).  Remember Approved games would enforce deposit limits to prevent the games from being abused by early adopters of the coin (which actually hurts the coin's value and all of our wallets).

If we went through this we would likely politely ask that exchanges not adopt GameCoin at this time (to prevent mass abuse of the GameCoin System before the target price is solidified, devaluing the coin).  A proper exchange would be launched where miners could list thier coins for cash purchase by game developers/content producers, at prices a little more towards the target price.  But, as I said before, GameCoin is open source and all of these things would be suggestions, and ultimately the masses have control.

ryszardzonk

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 05:04:51 AM

some nice ideas here. I will be watching this one  Cool
milly6
Legendary

Activity: 1632
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 05:33:17 AM

Can i sell my gamecoins for giftcards now? Like walmart or whatever to buy games with. That would be cool, getting a few gamecoins here.. would be interested in $0.10 valuation.

Eyes open, No Fear. Be Safe! Trinity: Currency Without Bias
jayo89 (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 05:47:13 AM

Can i sell my gamecoins for giftcards now? Like walmart or whatever to buy games with. That would be cool, getting a few gamecoins here.. would be interested in $0.10 valuation.

Well, the problem is right now a large majority of the coins are held by a relative few.  That makes demand pretty low.  The only way we can establish and hold a 0.10 valuation would be to try and throttle mainstream offloading of coins by big holders (ie "cashing out"), as this decreases demand and lowers value further, as it shows weak support for the coin.

Trying to offload almost exclusively to game developers/service providers, however actually increases demand for the coin because it shows bigger outside interests wanting in.

So I guess the short answer to your question is no, I haven't seen anyone willing to sell things with serious cash value at that valuation any time soon.  But that's not the direction we're aiming for.

PoolMinor
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 05:50:49 AM

I have stated this before and I am not sure if I was heard but here it is again.

http://www.gamecoins.com/

Will this site have a negative impact on this coin since it has been established well before this coin was introduced?

jayo89 (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 06:26:49 AM

I have stated this before and I am not sure if I was heard but here it is again.

http://www.gamecoins.com/

Will this site have a negative impact on this coin since it has been established well before this coin was introduced?

Not likely.  The copyright says 2011 and the whole thing seems like an obvious and not-so-successful moneygrab.  We can still hold brand integrity over it since it was never well-known

ruecanonrails

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 06:34:00 AM

Would it be that absurd to simply change the name of this coin?

Something along the lines of GameTokens? No idea why the entire community continued the "coin" craze when it comes to naming schemes.

We could do a small brainstorm get a few names, then hold a poll to vote on one of them.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: