Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:41:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Trading altcoin and holding bitcoin which one is more profitable?  (Read 13574 times)
27aume

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

Hi, i'm a pationed about cryptos and their symbol.

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2017, 02:00:39 AM

Personally, I think that it all about having a good balance between both practices. If properly minimized the risk in trading altcoin can be worth a lot of profit, but can make you lose a lot too. In the same way, I think that gives too much trust in bitcoin can be risky seen it is not invulnerable to the technology race and can be outranked, it is possible to be taken by surprise without having time to withdraw everything when it's in cold storage or wallet.

So IMO its is important to be able to do and understand both seen we are, as Cryptians, our own banker and fund managers Wink <3
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FRJ

Activity: 280
Merit: 15

The Worlds Most Advanced Distributed Computer

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 03:45:41 AM

I will prefer holding bitcoin rather than to trade altcoin.Because the price of bitcoin is increasing sharply.So,if you buy bitcoin and hold it for a certain time,you can sell bitcoin and get a huge profite.It's more profitable than  trading altcoin..

daKotajayl@12

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 06:03:08 AM

I have come to realize in recent time that holding bitcoin in ones wallet is more profitable and a little bit risk free as compared to trading altcoin or what do you think ?

in my point of view trading of alt coins and holding of bit coins both are profitable. so i would like to invest in both. bit coin we have to hold at least few years. but alt coins giving spot results for that reason i would like to invest and trade both. most of the people trying to invest so please try to invest in both.bit coin price going to high so try to invest once in this coin.really you get more profit. if you have more money then try to invest in that.
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 10:52:05 AM

From this point of view, best and probably the only solution right now is to hold bitcoins. Dont see any clean alt that can jump in some period of maybe month or two and picking some risky ICO as possible investment for me is little hard. Better is to hold bitcoin for the moment cuz price is more the good at the moment. For some maybe what to do then its matter of individual opinion if you invested in some alt when it was high and price is low at the moment better keep in alt if you dont want to risk los off course if you invested bitcoins if you invested cash then I suggest to replace them in bitcoin you will return your lose in no time.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

cryptoalfs76

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

▰▰▰ MODULE ▰▰&#9

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 11:43:47 AM

I have come to realize in recent time that holding bitcoin in ones wallet is more profitable and a little bit risk free as compared to trading altcoin or what do you think ?

Both of them is good but its different in terms of using.you trade bitcoin to gain profits while holding bitcoins means to maintain stability of the investment of the bitcoin.if you want to gain more profits you must done trading  altcoin and holding bitcoin  if there's no problem occur in the system like this coming hardfork segwit.

Ekanenf

Activity: 290

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 12:15:07 PM

Both of them is good but its different in terms of using.you trade bitcoin to gain profits while holding bitcoins means to maintain stability of the investment of the bitcoin.if you want to gain more profits you must done trading  altcoin and holding bitcoin  if there's no problem occur in the system like this coming hardfork segwit.
Trading and holding is somehow the same but holding bitcoin is better if you don't have enough knowledge about other altcoins and about trading itself. Most people think that trading is easy but they haven't experienced making a wrong decision and end up losing a lot of money due to a wrong accusation about that certain coin. But doing both is indeed good since whether you lose on trading, you'll still end up half of maybe more half of your money by holding bitcoin.
mikki14

Activity: 299

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 12:22:10 PM

Bitcoin is not risk free. It's also risky coz nobody knows what will happen in the upcoming months. But for me, altcoin is more risky, most especially if the altcoin you will choose is not well established, like some ICOs. Investing on both is good if you have the knowledge and experience. Your profit is always depends on your strategy. You have to have a good coin and a good strategy.

jonatuzc

Activity: 854
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 09:16:34 AM

Yes what you realized is correct that bitcoin is a better investment rather than trading  with altcoin. many peoples have got  the knowledge  about bitcoin and they are contributing inn its growth.

Bitcoin is also growing  very  fast as every one knows so bitcoin investment is always better than wasting time in trading always and having  a very less profit or a loss but just by investing we can earn  a good profit with bitcoin.
warr1979

Activity: 564
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 09:04:45 PM

Trading and holding is somehow the same but holding bitcoin is better if you don't have enough knowledge about other altcoins and about trading itself. Most people think that trading is easy but they haven't experienced making a wrong decision and end up losing a lot of money due to a wrong accusation about that certain coin. But doing both is indeed good since whether you lose on trading, you'll still end up half of maybe more half of your money by holding bitcoin.
If the price of Bitcoin falls down to below $1,000 again in next time, can you give me the total percent loss your money?
The price of Bitcoin won't drop down a half value if the bubble of Bitcoin bursts.
The highest price in 2013 is the best example for my opinion.
dzhan

Activity: 743
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 09:31:13 PM

I think both holding bitcoin and trading altcoins are profitable ways, but personally I prefer holding BTC because its more safe and its potential profit is higher than trading, unless we take the risk of trading with a big budget. Its always better to trying both methods to minimize the risk.
khalifa25

Activity: 242

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 09:31:57 AM

for me this depends on the skill and money management of each person. It could be altcoin trading more profitable for people who already experience in trading but for people who are not experience in trading, by hold Bitcoin will be more profitable. For altcoin trading not only takes skill and experience but also takes a lot of time and money management is good. for those who do not have much time in front of the pc to analysis the market for the better just hold Bitcoin to be more profitable in invest thanks
Andre#

Activity: 737

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 10:46:50 AM

I think both holding bitcoin and trading altcoins are profitable ways, but personally I prefer holding BTC because its more safe and its potential profit is higher than trading, unless we take the risk of trading with a big budget. Its always better to trying both methods to minimize the risk.
In my opinion, depend the trending of the market, I will decide my type of trading for useful with others.
Example recently, the market has many volatility for altcoins margin trading, I can take advantage the volatility for scalping in short time instead of holding my Bitcoin with small profits.
BobBct

Activity: 616

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 11:07:53 AM

Trading alts will be faster to profit but if you go to btc you have to wait.and the reason of btc dumping is because of FUD which is exiting because you can get it with a cheaper price.
BobBct

Activity: 616

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 11:15:18 AM

Trading altcoins can be give you a big profit if you know what to do because if you don't you can easily loose money. but in btc if you are just gonna hodl it you have like a 95% chance of big profit.
wurth

Activity: 331

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 06:12:44 AM

for me this depends on the skill and money management of each person. It could be altcoin trading more profitable for people who already experience in trading but for people who are not experience in trading, by hold Bitcoin will be more profitable. For altcoin trading not only takes skill and experience but also takes a lot of time and money management is good. for those who do not have much time in front of the pc to analysis the market for the better just hold Bitcoin to be more profitable in invest thanks
In my opinion, if you want to become an investor but you do not have the experience, knowledge or trading skills as others, ok, I would recommend going out to this field! Although there are many opportunities to make money easier than other jobs outside, but in fact, you will take high risk and may lose a lot of money in the future because you are playing gambling with your money.

███████████████████████
     ███▄ ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄█▀▀  █████
    ███  █▀  ▀█▀▀▀       ▐█ ███
   ███  ▄██▄▄█▀▄▄▄        █▌ ███
  ███ ▄█▀  █     ▀█▄▄     ▐█  ▐██
 ███▄█▀    █        ▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄ ██
████▀      █           ▀██▀   ▀█ ██
 ██▀█▄     █          ▄█▀▀█▄▄▄█▀██
  ██ ▀█▄   █      ▄▄█▀▀    ▐█  ██
   ██  ▀█▄█▀▀█▄▄█▀▀        █▌ ██
    ███  █▄  ▄█▀█▄▄▄      █▌███
     ███  ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀█▄▄▐████
      ███████████████████████

▄▄       ▄▄▄        ▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄ 
  ▀█▄   ▄█▀ ▀█▄    ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀   ▀▀█▄
    ▀█▄█▀     ▀█▄▄█▀  ▐█         █▌
    ▄█▀█▄      ▄█▀    ▐█         █▌
  ▄█▀   ▀█▄  ▄█▀       █▄       ▄█
▄█▀       ▀██▀          ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀

Network
BLOCKCHAIN JUST ENTERED THE REAL WORLD
  Decentralized Crypto-Location Oracle Network
GET WHITELISTED FOR TOKEN SALE ( Limited )

WHITE PAPER  ││  ANN Thread  Telegram   Medium   Twitter   Reddit
hangar18

Activity: 676

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 03:06:35 PM

Bitcoin is not risk free. It's also risky coz nobody knows what will happen in the upcoming months. But for me, altcoin is more risky, most especially if the altcoin you will choose is not well established, like some ICOs. Investing on both is good if you have the knowledge and experience. Your profit is always depends on your strategy. You have to have a good coin and a good strategy.
You must to know ICO and altcoins are different. In the past, we had a discuss about this situation to call ICOs is also altcoins. But in the definition, ICO token created through some companies and they are the founders. It look like as an asset, stock more than an altcoin (cryptocurrency).
OracionSeis

Activity: 756

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:36:24 PM

Both are profitable when you done it right and you also have more capital in your side. In every trading the most important is you have your money with you to start your trading and earn profit.
It is a fact that holding bitcoin passive in your wallets especially that of offline ones is the best method of making money in the crypto market than gambling with coins or trading them. As far as the comparison of bitcoins and altcoins is concerned, bitcoin has always been in front of altcoins in every race. Trading with altcoins can never generate profit equal to holding bitcoin and selling them off at right time.
In my opinion, if the investor don't have good trading skills, they just need to holding Bitcoin and earn profits through the volatility of Bitcoin in past months. You can see the a lot of cases lost many money by the price of altcoin always decrease when the price of Bitcoin increases to more high price.

Time off to sleep ... ( ̄︶ ̄)~
SkustaClee

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:54:20 PM

Observe the Cryptocurrency world, you will notice that many people are now switching to the bitcoin. Holding bitcoin is more profitable than trading altcoins.
THAHIRHAJI

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 04:08:16 PM

Trading altcoin and holding bitcoin both are profitable only it also depend on the person who is handling it and what is his capacity. As I believe that you aware of trading and its time consuming all are mater to be gained and lot of risk into it. About holding bitcoin is so simple do nothing except holding bitcoin then you automatically get best return from it.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●   DIMPAY  ●  Invest for Tomorrow. Today.   ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
❱❱❱  Facebook  ❱❱❱  Twitter  ❱❱❱  Telegram  ❱❱❱
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ❱❱  PRE-ICO | December, 04th 2017  ❱❱  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
[/color]
Trela
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

The Decentralized TCP/IP Internet Protocol

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 10:11:58 PM

Observe the Cryptocurrency world, you will notice that many people are now switching to the bitcoin. Holding bitcoin is more profitable than trading altcoins.
Not sure! I am holding more altcoin than Bitcoin in my wallet. Although the current trending is Bitcoin in the cryptocurrency market, but I do not want to take more risk in Bitcoin for my investment. We are nearing the end of 2017, I think we should withdraw to cash or USDT to keep safe our capital.

██
           ████ ▄▄▄
          ██  ▄██▄█
         ██ ▄█▀██
        ██▄█▀   ██
       ███▀      ██
     ▄██         ██
   ▄█
██            ██
█▀████    ▄▄▄      ███
▀▀▀██     █▄█▄     ████
  ██        ▀▀██▄▄  ████
 ███████████████▀▀███████
                   █▄█
Protect Your Privacy With Decentralized Internet Protocol
50 Million
Global Users
!     ▐█████▄
     ███████▌
    ▐███████
 ███
████████████▄▄▄
▐██
█████████████████▄
███
██████████████████
 ▀
████████▀▀▀████████
 ▐███████    ████████
 ████████    ███████▀
█████████▄▄████████▀
██████████████████▀
 ██████████████▀▀
  ▀▀███████▀▀▀
LISTED ON               
bithum &
bithum Global
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: