Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:30:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 [268] 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 ... 344 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] INTENSE COIN - Blockchain backed decentralized VPN - Hybrid PoW  (Read 235822 times)
wacko
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 11:31:42 PM

@wacko
To get strong demand for a coin you need a good product that people would need or want to buy - that means developing an interesting product first. To get strong demand for a coin just because it is listed on many exchanges doest not mean anything - it can just lead to a price bubble - exactly as .com bubble in 2000/2001. After the bubble burst, just the best ones have survived - and that is exactly what ITNS team should do - focuse on the development of an exceptional utility coin, not on exchanges and speculators.
Umm, we're still talking about crypto, right? Smiley This whole market is a bubble, no one really needs even bitcoin, at least in its current form, and no one definitely needs all those hundreds if not thousands of shitcoins. These things exist mostly as a technological/social experiment and a speculative asset, so that some geeks could have fun and maybe even get reach in the process, but that's about it. Only naive noobs actually "believe" in coins, and expecting "an exceptional utility".. You must be new here. Cheesy There's been so much stuff like this in the past ~ 5-7 years, promising all kinds of things. NONE of them worked, not a single one had and utility whatsoever. Even btc is barely usable, and makes little sense beyond paying for illegal stuff. The only real use for all the altcoins has always been just speculation on exchanges and nothing else.

What is a "strong demand for a coin"? Cryptocurrency is not food or some physical product, you don't consume it and you can't really do anything with it other than exchange it to something else (fiat most of the time, maybe some goods on very rare occasions, obviously not applicable to ITNS since you can't buy anything with it). The only purpose of this coin for most users is to buy it (with money, or their hardware, through mining) and then sell it, ideally for a lot more than what they paid for it. A few will maybe play with the vpn feature, if it ever gets done, but most vpn users will just keep using the regular vpn providers, paying for their service with btc. Let's not pretend there's much more to it, this has always been about speculation and most coins that do well simply do so because there's a good team of bullshitters marketing them, getting them to the exchanges etc. Compare ITNS to ETN, for example. Both just copied Monero and tried adding some extra crap to it. Doesn't seem like either of them succeeded with that (I'm not following ETN development closely, so maybe they did some of the things they were going to, not sure), but look where ETN is and where ITNS is. That's what marketing and getting to the right exchanges do for you.
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Fjody

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 11:48:29 PM

@wacko

OK, I see - you are in the Cryptomarket just to speculate on price despite you do not believe in any real usefulness of the coins. Well, but do not blame me for believing in some of them. And you should not even blame some banks or states that have recently found the blockchain and want to create their own cryptos. My core intention is to find coins that could be usefull, not the ones that can be very demandesd/expensive in the future (and fall later).

I have a big news for all the fudders - the price can RISE and the price can FALL, as well. That is probably the biggest mistake of our schools and universities that they show you just graphs with rising prices :-) And the ITNS price can also rise and it can also fall to 1 sat or even 0 sat. I am prepared for that - are you?
BobbyJones

Activity: 32

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 03:29:48 AM

@wacko
To get strong demand for a coin you need a good product that people would need or want to buy - that means developing an interesting product first. To get strong demand for a coin just because it is listed on many exchanges doest not mean anything - it can just lead to a price bubble - exactly as .com bubble in 2000/2001. After the bubble burst, just the best ones have survived - and that is exactly what ITNS team should do - focuse on the development of an exceptional utility coin, not on exchanges and speculators.
Umm, we're still talking about crypto, right? Smiley This whole market is a bubble, no one really needs even bitcoin, at least in its current form, and no one definitely needs all those hundreds if not thousands of shitcoins. These things exist mostly as a technological/social experiment and a speculative asset, so that some geeks could have fun and maybe even get reach in the process, but that's about it. Only naive noobs actually "believe" in coins, and expecting "an exceptional utility".. You must be new here. Cheesy There's been so much stuff like this in the past ~ 5-7 years, promising all kinds of things. NONE of them worked, not a single one had and utility whatsoever. Even btc is barely usable, and makes little sense beyond paying for illegal stuff. The only real use for all the altcoins has always been just speculation on exchanges and nothing else.

What is a "strong demand for a coin"? Cryptocurrency is not food or some physical product, you don't consume it and you can't really do anything with it other than exchange it to something else (fiat most of the time, maybe some goods on very rare occasions, obviously not applicable to ITNS since you can't buy anything with it). The only purpose of this coin for most users is to buy it (with money, or their hardware, through mining) and then sell it, ideally for a lot more than what they paid for it. A few will maybe play with the vpn feature, if it ever gets done, but most vpn users will just keep using the regular vpn providers, paying for their service with btc. Let's not pretend there's much more to it, this has always been about speculation and most coins that do well simply do so because there's a good team of bullshitters marketing them, getting them to the exchanges etc. Compare ITNS to ETN, for example. Both just copied Monero and tried adding some extra crap to it. Doesn't seem like either of them succeeded with that (I'm not following ETN development closely, so maybe they did some of the things they were going to, not sure), but look where ETN is and where ITNS is. That's what marketing and getting to the right exchanges do for you.

you nailed it ...BRAVO Smiley
rapidtech

Activity: 151
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 03:36:26 AM

Most altcoins fell in value, 70% to 90% from their peak value last December and January. Even Bitcoin fell, dragging the entire altcoin market with it. Unfortunately, Intense Coin suffered the same fate. That's just the nature of markets, they rise and fall.

Those who believe in the business value of Intense are now buying and still mining. To get the best profit, you buy when coin prices are low and sell when they are high. It would not help you if you buy high and whine when the prices fall. It is always a matter of knowing when to buy, hold and sell. Value coin investors are probably having the time of their life picking and buying coins with promising projects.

As for me, I'm holding my Intense coins and waiting for an official product release. The Intense team are active in the Discord and Slack channels. They know Intense needs new exchanges and they are working on it behind the scenes.

I like the plans they made for Intense and the transparency of most of the Intense team members. I doubt there is a coin out there that did not do an ICO but has a list of names and qualifications of its team members that anyone can check and verify.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ★★★ LETHEAN  ★★★    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
┊┈  VPN + BLOCKCHAIN, Absolute Internet Privacy:  ┈┊
█ █   LinkedinTwitterYoutubeDiscordRedditFacebook  ◉  Whitepaper  ◉ Bitcointalk Ann  █ █ 
ThePigwee

Activity: 181
Merit: 46

Lethean COO

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 03:40:22 AM

The team and I realize that a new exchange is going to change a lot about this coin. We know that volume is low on Stocks.Exchange because of a lack of trust in them. As of right now, we are working on being listed on other exchanges. It's not as easy as just asking to be listed and we automatically go up on the exchange. Additionally, it's not as easy as throwing money at the exchange and having them place us on there. Being listed on another exchange takes more than that. I believe that this is something that just isn't thought about by the community. We are working on that as we have been for the past week. We are placing a heavy focus on being listed on another exchange moving forward because we know that this is a large concern for the community. Additionally, we are working on re-branding and the Web Browser Plug-In. As always, if you have any questions, feel free to reach out to me.
ThePigwee

Lethean COO

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 04:14:00 AM

@wacko

I comparing ETN to ITNS is really not a comparison at all. https://youtu.be/Zo3r2OHzm8g <--- Is a video explaining how ETN is different from other cryptos. To summarize the video: people use their phone to mine ETN and then eventually, because people have this currency, will want to start exchanging it for stuff. Since they have this virtual currency that they can exchange for cash, they will want to start making a market for goods/services. Ultimately, ETN wants the user to find value in the project because they can mine it with their phone and exchange it for a product. This actually makes it the same as BTC (minus mining it on your phone because it's really not possible to mine anything of value). BTC already has a market for goods and services. People are already exchanging it.

I'm not sure how that translates to ITNS, which has a specific purpose and will be exchanged not just for FIAT but also used to purchase VPN services. Why is this important/why would someone want to use ITNS instead of BTC to purchase a VPN? ITNS creates a more diverse market than what is currently available. More competition creates a better market for the consumer that wants to purchase a VPN service. So, instead of paying $99.95 in BTC for ExpressVPN for 15 months or, if you are feeling frisky $12.95 in BTC for one month, you could find a user that would allow you to use them as an exit node and pay less. I'm not sure how this translates to not having a use. I guess you are saying, as of this time, I cannot use this for the purpose that has been mentioned. Which, as of right now, you are correct, you cannot currently purchase a VPN with ITNS. Ultimately, I think the comparison to ETN isn't really something that can be done.
BobbyJones

Activity: 32

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 05:08:27 AM

The team and I realize that a new exchange is going to change a lot about this coin. We know that volume is low on Stocks.Exchange because of a lack of trust in them. As of right now, we are working on being listed on other exchanges. It's not as easy as just asking to be listed and we automatically go up on the exchange. Additionally, it's not as easy as throwing money at the exchange and having them place us on there. Being listed on another exchange takes more than that. I believe that this is something that just isn't thought about by the community. We are working on that as we have been for the past week. We are placing a heavy focus on being listed on another exchange moving forward because we know that this is a large concern for the community. Additionally, we are working on re-branding and the Web Browser Plug-In. As always, if you have any questions, feel free to reach out to me.

thank you for that ..

vorpalspear

Activity: 81
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 06:34:01 AM
Last edit: February 26, 2018, 06:52:33 AM by vorpalspear

VPN is often associated with a controlled organization that issues all confidential data, perhaps in the future you will need to rebrand

We are working on the rebrand now. The rebrand will be done within the first quarter this year.
I wish you would not do that. I like the brand. Lots of people do. Can you take a poll?

Are you aware of how many startups fail because they have stupid f*cking names?

You've already got a winning brand, just need to concentrate on the code imo.

EDIT: lol, "controlled organization" is the antithesis of crypto.  What we're looking for is a fast (unlike Tor) yet cheap and truly anonymous VPN. It must be decentralized and autonomous, so that all your "confidential data" is not put into the hands of any supposedly trustworthy human beings.  
Fjody

Activity: 17

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 08:15:49 AM

once again , I never mentioned ITNS price or that i was unhappy about it ,,

You are right, you do not mention price in your comments. So what are your intentions and what do you fear about? Here they are:

you are the worst type of pesron
you just proved my point , i posted that the only people who are ok with current pace are the ones who are still acumalating coins
you are selfish  , many are here for months , and now you want play catch up ?
why should we care your a small miner ? sense of entitlement  ?

we should feel sorry for you and let you grab all the coins you need then we can move forward when you are done ?

the problem again is whenever anyone has a issue , the response from many is to stay focused on develpment ...well DUH!!!!!!!

And now my message for the developers - yes, I am the person who would like you to focused primarily on the development to deliver an excellent product.
qq34711

Activity: 5

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 08:47:43 AM

once again , I never mentioned ITNS price or that i was unhappy about it ,,

You are right, you do not mention price in your comments. So what are your intentions and what do you fear about? Here they are:

you are the worst type of pesron
you just proved my point , i posted that the only people who are ok with current pace are the ones who are still acumalating coins
you are selfish  , many are here for months , and now you want play catch up ?
why should we care your a small miner ? sense of entitlement  ?

we should feel sorry for you and let you grab all the coins you need then we can move forward when you are done ?

the problem again is whenever anyone has a issue , the response from many is to stay focused on develpment ...well DUH!!!!!!!

And now my message for the developers - yes, I am the person who would like you to focused primarily on the development to deliver an excellent product.

me too
monmsn

Activity: 136

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 11:47:08 AM
Last edit: February 26, 2018, 04:43:28 PM by monmsn

This community ever told several times about the problem of exchange.

"The importance of the market"
Good product but bad market = Difficult trading so far no trading = No way to succeed.

Anyway, I'm very glad to hear this good news.

wacko
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 01:27:12 PM

Is a video explaining how ETN is different from other cryptos. To summarize the video: people use their phone to mine ETN and then eventually, because people have this currency, will want to start exchanging it for stuff.
Except it's all fake, there's no real mining on the phones with ETN, it's "virtual", no actual coins are mined. That was the point of comparison, that ETN is all about marketing, and that's why they succeed.

Why is this important/why would someone want to use ITNS instead of BTC to purchase a VPN? ITNS creates a more diverse market than what is currently available. More competition creates a better market for the consumer that wants to purchase a VPN service.
Because it's an extra step to go to a shitty exchange and convert your BTC to ITNS? That step should be justified somehow. The quality of VPN service through ITNS is likely to be lower than the established commercial services with guaranteed bandwidth and availability. If I want high speed VPN I'll pay to a trusted provider with BTC. If I'm focused on anonymity and don't care about speed I'll just use Tor for free. I'm not saying there's no place for ITNS-based VPN on the market, it's just that market is already pretty crowded and fitting in there is no easy task.
Speedie

Activity: 504
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 02:35:34 PM

Because it's an extra step to go to a shitty exchange and convert your BTC to ITNS? That step should be justified somehow. The quality of VPN service through ITNS is likely to be lower than the established commercial services with guaranteed bandwidth and availability. If I want high speed VPN I'll pay to a trusted provider with BTC. If I'm focused on anonymity and don't care about speed I'll just use Tor for free. I'm not saying there's no place for ITNS-based VPN on the market, it's just that market is already pretty crowded and fitting in there is no easy task.

Not in China and similar countries you won't. Any known VPN providers end up in the Great Firewall. That's the point here, it's almost impossible to block a decentralized VPN service without blocking every IP address in the world.

MagicSmoker

Activity: 420
Merit: 182

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 02:40:06 PM

Not in China and similar countries you won't. Any known VPN providers end up in the Great Firewall. That's the point here, it's almost impossible to block a decentralized VPN service without blocking every IP address in the world.

Yep, that's my assessment as well, and why I am still mining ITNS. *If* Pallas and co. pull this off it will be a helluva use case for a coin. If not, well... I will have wasted a few hundred kW-hr of energy.
wacko
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 02:44:01 PM

Not in China and similar countries you won't. Any known VPN providers end up in the Great Firewall.
Then use a less known provider, the great firewall doesn't block every single vpn provider out there, lots of options are still available.
parkysik

Activity: 118

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 02:30:42 PM

The biggest mistake of ITNS is choosing stocks exchange.
Because of this, gold became garbage.

★★★ INTENSE COIN ★★★
BLOCKCHAIN BACKED DECENTRALISED P2P VPN
MediumTwitterSlackDiscordRedditFacebookWhitepaperBitcointalk Ann
vorpalspear

Activity: 81
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 06:57:28 PM

I think it would be cool if there was something like Shapeshift built into the wallet, so you could for example exchange LTC for ITNS, given you have an LTC wallet too. Or the intensecoin.com website could provide this exchange service.

LOL "trusted provider"
In Code We Trust
ThePigwee

Lethean COO

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:37:41 PM

I think you might be a little off base on this one. We have been on stocks.exchange this whole time. Our project has not changed. The exchange itself may have decreased buyer confidence. However, it’s not to say that the project is bad because of the exchange we are on. Personally, I have used Stocks.Exchange a hand full of times. The only issue I have ever experienced is slow transaction times. Outside of that, I have not had any issues.

We are working on other exchanges though. I mentioned it before but, during our team meeting it was a heavy focus. We are all aware of the community concerns. We are working to get listed elsewhere. When we hear anything, we will let you all know.
parkysik

Activity: 118

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:57:15 PM

I think you might be a little off base on this one. We have been on stocks.exchange this whole time. Our project has not changed. The exchange itself may have decreased buyer confidence. However, it’s not to say that the project is bad because of the exchange we are on. Personally, I have used Stocks.Exchange a hand full of times. The only issue I have ever experienced is slow transaction times. Outside of that, I have not had any issues.

We are working on other exchanges though. I mentioned it before but, during our team meeting it was a heavy focus. We are all aware of the community concerns. We are working to get listed elsewhere. When we hear anything, we will let you all know.

The only problem is that the value is falling.
I hope to get out of the stocks exchange soon.

★★★ INTENSE COIN ★★★
BLOCKCHAIN BACKED DECENTRALISED P2P VPN
MediumTwitterSlackDiscordRedditFacebookWhitepaperBitcointalk Ann
fuhbaer

Activity: 58

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:05:30 PM

Is there any news about the XMas AirDrop?

Today, I checked my balance (which took like 6 hours, because I was 30 days behind with the sync  Roll Eyes ) and no change of balance.
Pages: « 1 ... 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 [268] 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 ... 344 »
  Print  

Jump to: