Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:26:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you believe the FBI holds the biggest number of bitcoin?  (Read 4169 times)
Shateriere

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 11:54:21 AM

After satoshi and winklevoss twins maybe. but who knows

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
treather

Activity: 266
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 12:03:48 PM

Do you believe the FBI holds the biggest number of bitcoin?

How would we know?  How certain are they?  We can't tell because nobody/no one would say how many bitcoins he/she has on his/her hands Tongue

haha! any proof to back this up? Or are you wearing your tinfoil hat?

suryana

Activity: 1218
Merit: 254

Trphy.io

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 07:22:47 PM

Anything related to bitcoin is possible, bitcoin is anonymity which means we don't know who the identity of bitcoin holders is. Can be known the identity is when bitcoin holders exchange to fiat. Because usually exchanger asks ID verification for doing transact.

░▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓███▓░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
 ▓███▓                     
  ████░                     
  ▒████                     
   ░███▓                   
     ▓██▓                   
       ███░                 
         ▓█▓░               
           ▓█▒  ██         
           ▓█   ██▒         
        ░███░ ▒  ▓██▓       
        ▓█▒▓█▓█▓▓█▒▓█       
|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
Kriptex

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 07:25:17 PM

That’s strange, though if they hold it would probably be for some investigative purposes and not really for cashing except the government and the central bank know about it. But this is seeming ridiculous, maybe they use it to sponsor their spies on the darkweb

It's probably, only a rumor. FBI can't have that much bitcoins. But I'm sure they seized important amount of bitcoin after they arrested btce officials and took their machines including wallets.
megynacuna

Activity: 756
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 07:34:00 PM

That’s strange, though if they hold it would probably be for some investigative purposes and not really for cashing except the government and the central bank know about it. But this is seeming ridiculous, maybe they use it to sponsor their spies on the darkweb

It's probably, only a rumor. FBI can't have that much bitcoins. But I'm sure they seized important amount of bitcoin after they arrested btce officials and took their machines including wallets.

It's a mere speculation but there could be some element of truth in that. FBI or any organization in that stature would want to control a portion of Bitcoin at least for future reasons best known to them so I will be the least surprised if it turns out to be true.
xplorer79

Activity: 52

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 07:37:34 PM

Isn't that possible BTCe servers were encrypted (including wallets of course), and FBI seized no bitcoin at all, only hardware ?
If I was BTCe, I would have strongly encrypted the data for sure, just in case...

On the other hand, I'm fairly sure 3 letters agencies own many bitcoins/monero and use them to sponsor their shady activities, this just make sense.
Vikingr

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 09:54:51 PM

Yeah I also think same like you, FBI use bitcoin to make payment to their spies, but I do not  believe that FBI hold the biggest number. If it is true then in short bitcoin price is in the hand of FBI, and think what, it means bitcoin price is in the hand of America. Well it is strange for me like you said. But I believe FBI have sufficient amount of bitcoin that they will use for investigation purpose.
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 04:22:10 AM

How would we know?  How certain are they?  We can't tell because nobody/no one would say how many bitcoins he/she has on his/her hands Tongue
I do believe that government do really have some decent amounts of Bitcoin on their hands.Remembering on the site that they have seized back in the past on which they do have confiscated or make hold of those bitcoins and im sure until now they do have the power or the holdings of those coins. Government wont just be blind on bitcoins progress and they would definitely go with the flow as long theres money involved on it.
Governments are not innovators they only redistribute the money, so they charge taxes and then they pay someone to do something for them, that is they way it works, If bitcoin begins to challenge their power I think they are going to take the easiest approach they are going to join the crypto market and each one of the governments of the world are going to issue their own crypto.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2017, 09:49:08 AM

Isn't that possible BTCe servers were encrypted (including wallets of course), and FBI seized no bitcoin at all, only hardware ?
If I was BTCe, I would have strongly encrypted the data for sure, just in case

It is not just about encryption only

The FBI didn't just seize BTC-e servers but they also arrested some people affiliated with this exchange. We all heard about Vinnik but he is likely not the only dude arrested by the agency. So if they have caught people who know the keys from the wallets, and if they haven't yet told them to the FBI, it is most certainly just a matter of time until they do (provided the funds haven't been withdraw already). Anyway, cold wallets weren't on these servers, therefore it all comes down to whom the FBI arrested (Vinnik seems to be a small fish himself)

Superways

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 10:28:54 PM

I do believe that government do really have some decent amounts of Bitcoin on their hands.Remembering on the site that they have seized back in the past on which they do have confiscated or make hold of those bitcoins and im sure until now they do have the power or the holdings of those coins. Government wont just be blind on bitcoins progress and they would definitely go with the flow as long theres money involved on it.
Governments are not innovators they only redistribute the money, so they charge taxes and then they pay someone to do something for them, that is they way it works, If bitcoin begins to challenge their power I think they are going to take the easiest approach they are going to join the crypto market and each one of the governments of the world are going to issue their own crypto.
Things are getting worst than worse with government and bitcoins. If anything like that happens, we will again get stuck in the same place where we are right now. They will be controlling our money, we will have to pay taxes, everything will remain the same except the fact that then it will be just in digital form. Kill me before that day, please!
xplorer79

Activity: 52

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 10:40:23 PM

Things are getting worst than worse with government and bitcoins. If anything like that happens, we will again get stuck in the same place where we are right now. They will be controlling our money, we will have to pay taxes, everything will remain the same except the fact that then it will be just in digital form. Kill me before that day, please!
I was thinking like you until I realized there is one major difference : new Bitcoins can't be created from thin air as they do with regular currencies.
But yes, they will do their best to recreate the situation we are now.
yadi cihuy

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 10:46:24 PM

I'm surprised if fbi holds a large amount of bitcoin. are they investing or is it in the can of a person's crime results? no one could have guessed it. I think everyone can have bitcoin unnoticed by others because bitcoin is anonymous .. fbi may store bitcoin and use it for a specific purpose. they enter the world of crytocoin because it may have a mission to track the movement of money laundering done in the country

Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 02:51:59 AM

The fact that the possibility exists that that governments may issue they own crypto does not mean that you are going to be forced to use it, investors will see the advantages of having a crypto like bitcoin that cannot be inflated to oblivion and that is decentralized, so while a government issued crypto will slow adoption it will not stop it completely.
coinholic

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2017, 03:04:08 AM

How would we know?  How certain are they?  We can't tell because nobody/no one would say how many bitcoins he/she has on his/her hands Tongue

Indeed, it seems the U.S Government now running the show Smiley
I don't think U.S will just sit back and watch the show rather jump in.
Bitcoin is spiking since January, the time President TRUMP took the office.  
I was curious though, I often ask myself who are the guys that are really pumping money in the bitcoin in the recent months, perhaps is .... Smiley
The first question we have to ask ourselves why did "Satoshi" left bitcoin??? Perhaps, the cowboys has taken over Grin
These are just my thoughts and nothing more.

I love theories like these but I'd say it's more of CIA than FBI Cheesy We know that the US government made TOR and bitcoin was first huge on TOR network (deepweb) and also the maker of bitcoin is not known. Why's that? Well maybe that's because they don't want us to know rather than the creator likes being anonimous.. Who knows, but it's interesting to think about it. :p
A more likeable theory is that the Illuminati may have the hand on this ball game. The Illuminati controls the CIA and practically almost everything and everyone on the planet. Even Satoshi himself may be an Illuminati member! If not, an Illuminati member may have gotten hold of Satoshi and took over his creation in behalf of the Illuminati...yes, all speculations...but who knows right? It's a crazy world now a days with a lot of crazy things happening!  Wink

geniabelty

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 03:16:02 AM

Well US agencies such as FBI and CIA maybe holds number of Bitcoins. Though, I think CIA holds more than the FBI. Since all the information used by the FBI somehow came from the CIA. As we all know that the CIA can manipulate everything. We don't have a chance to know it, They are for sure classified and hidden under the radar. CIA and FBI are one of the most corrupt agency in the US and for them everything is a business.

rizkyhiw
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 03:28:15 AM

Don't they usually just sell it off when they confiscate it?

In most cases they are. If they are looking to auction off whatever they have seized in Bitcoin till today, they would be earning multi millions (considering btc-e coins and everything that comes from deep web markets, etc) at current levels. I don't see anything pointing to the FBI or whatever agency to hold any significant amount of coins for whatever purpose -- they are only interested in liquidating these 'obtained' coins to finance other operations.
They are indeed seize every single bitcoin they found on several cases especially silk road mega case ,
But if you follow up them , you will know that the confiscated bitcoin are auctioned as soon as possible ,
So fbi clearly did not hold their confiscated bitcoin ,
Satoshi remain the biggest bitcoin holder now or later.
Eric Cartman

Activity: 741
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 03:31:29 AM

There is no way to know who owns the biggest number of Bitcoins.

The early day coins still are around and there is no way even to know if someone has their private keys.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
cpfreeplz
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1042

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 03:31:47 AM

They always sell them off for their good old American Dollars so I highly doubt they own the biggest bitcoin balance let alone a big one at all.
onyok

Activity: 120

BLUPASS.CO | ICO LIVE! | 15/5 - 15/7 | JOIN NOW!

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 04:03:11 AM

Don't they usually just sell it off when they confiscate it?
Yeah that's a very nice question. Why they need to hold the bitcoin.? What are the reasons why they confiscate/hold bitcoin.? So if FBI hold/confiscate bitcoin it has a possibility that is illegal.? I wonder this topic.! 😒😞

doomloop

Activity: 2282
Merit: 581

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 01:47:22 AM

They always sell them off for their good old American Dollars so I highly doubt they own the biggest bitcoin balance let alone a big one at all.
well everyone has the right to own something like bitcoin because bitcoin is not for someone special so for me if they want to buy bitcoin with their salary and they want to own some profit then it is not bad at all so bitcoin is increasing because it is now being use by the government people ad in this case maybe bitcoin will get legal as a lot of people are waiting for. So! They just might have gotten them some huge number of bitcoin but doing of every type of thing for side income.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: