Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:40:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you believe the FBI holds the biggest number of bitcoin?  (Read 4169 times)
kink0r

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2017, 08:51:36 PM

Naaaaaah why would anyone want control over a multi billion dollar industry that popped up from nothing.....?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
marky89

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 09:08:58 PM

Who in FBI holds Bitcoin? FBI isn't a person and only Individuals can hold Bitcoins.

If there is a party trying to control Bitcoins it's China. USA can be watching it, but I don't believe they are trying to have control over it or anything similar...

The US Marshals Service (US federal agency) had custody over the Silk Road coins and other bitcoins that were taken in various seizures and later auctioned off.

If the US government held bitcoins like gold reserves, I'm not sure which agency would be tasked with holding custody. Which agency handles the gold reserves? The treasury? In fact, where can we find out how much gold the US government is holding? This is public information, right? If the government is holding bitcoins (beyond asset forfeiture-->auctions), you'd think that should be public, too.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Kimi80

Activity: 750
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 10:19:46 PM

FBI, CIA, they created bitcoin or they have control over it or have control to destroy it. I do believe in this kind of theories whenever I can find some logic in it. USA is the most powerful country and I do believe that they are creating our reality on global level. Bitcoin become very valuable and I am sure that they wouldn't just watch whole event like by standing observers. Exact story behind the cover, we can just speculate about. So I think that it's possible that they have the most or can make it worthless.
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 01:44:32 AM

Do you believe the FBI holds the biggest number of bitcoin?

How would we know?  How certain are they?  We can't tell because nobody/no one would say how many bitcoins he/she has on his/her hands Tongue
There is not proof either way, besides satoshi should be the one that has the most bitcoin of all since he mined most of the first blocks, besides if any government agency has bitcoins that should be the CIA and not the FBI however it is difficult to believe that any government is holding large quantities of bitcoin, in a way that will be like admitting that at the end bitcoin is going to win.
bitcoinVPSD

Activity: 442
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 04:38:34 AM

I do not believe in it. This question makes me feel contradictory. If FTP is keeping a large amount of bitcoin, why are they trying to block the blockchain network. If that happens then I think the government must recognize and acknowledge bitcoin as legitimate. Not trying to assign it to fees

mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 04:52:15 AM

Who in FBI holds Bitcoin? FBI isn't a person and only Individuals can hold Bitcoins.

If there is a party trying to control Bitcoins it's China. USA can be watching it, but I don't believe they are trying to have control over it or anything similar...

The US Marshals Service (US federal agency) had custody over the Silk Road coins and other bitcoins that were taken in various seizures and later auctioned off.

If the US government held bitcoins like gold reserves, I'm not sure which agency would be tasked with holding custody. Which agency handles the gold reserves? The treasury? In fact, where can we find out how much gold the US government is holding? This is public information, right? If the government is holding bitcoins (beyond asset forfeiture-->auctions), you'd think that should be public, too.

Hmm, checked it now. They hold Bitcoins from criminal activities but auctioned the Bitcoins next.

I think it's hard to hide information about it. They must say how many Bitcoins they seized, so they must auction the same amount.
It would be easier to be bribed, so there wouldn't be records, but I don't think FBI does this kind of thing.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 06:43:41 AM

Lmao.. such a funny answer. So you call the USA fools…lol. Who told you is only individuals that can own Bitcoin ? This platform is irrespective of who you are, whether in person or company, you can have an account. The USA government is likely to be investing into bitcoin secretly; these people are likely to do the unexpected.

So, yes! The FBI is likely to be involved in this, and as a matter of fact, they might even be monitoring the forum to see what’s going on (I said likely to, so that doesn’t mean they have an account, cause I’m assuming they do)
Carlsen

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 06:49:26 AM

Hmm, checked it now. They hold Bitcoins from criminal activities but auctioned the Bitcoins next.

I think it's hard to hide information about it. They must say how many Bitcoins they seized, so they must auction the same amount.
It would be easier to be bribed, so there wouldn't be records, but I don't think FBI does this kind of thing.

I think that the FBI as a company will do everything strictly by the book. The coins that fall in their posession will go to auction.
For the individual agents there, I'm not so sure about it.
I suppose it must be very tempting if you find a bitcoin wallet with access data that is filled with money coming from crimes.
If some of them want to make some extra money, honestly I can not blame them. Especially when you consider the source where it is coming from.

It's me!!!
Lorilikes

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

Content| Press Releases | Articles | Strategy

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 06:50:19 AM

Do you believe the FBI holds the biggest number of bitcoin?

How would we know?  How certain are they?  We can't tell because nobody/no one would say how many bitcoins he/she has on his/her hands Tongue

I would not rule it out necessarily ... but I have a hunch that it's not
Really a conspiracy after all.  I sincerely believe in the decentralization
Of money and fbi can't be manipulating our peer to peer beauty-the beloved
Bitcoin.  I don't want it to be true.  So it isn't.

Ask Me About Press Releases and Content Creation
★▃ ▂⭐️▂ ▃ ▅ ▆⭐️▆ ▅ ▃ ▂⭐️▂ ▃★

★▃ ▂⭐️⭐️▂ ▃ ★✨
✨★▃ ▂⭐️▂ ▃ ▅ ▆⭐️▆ ▅ ▃ ▂⭐️▂ ▃ ★✨

⭐️▂ ▃ ▅ ▆⭐️▆ ▅ ▃ ▂⭐️

★▃ ▂⭐️▂ ▃ ▅ ▆⭐️▆ ▅ ▃ ▂⭐️▂ ▃★

⭐️▂ ▃ ▅ ▆⭐️▆ ▅ ▃ ▂⭐️
Reid

Activity: 2884
Merit: 642

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 06:55:28 AM

They have caught a number of people who are accused of doing illegal business with bitcoin.
This is just a show but what really happened to the bitcoins of those they caught?
That seems like a good question to think now?

Did they made an act just so they could take whatever the accused man have or is it really for justice?
A good way to hoard bitcoin if you are the authority isn't it?
nrvasquez

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 06:57:20 AM

I'm not so sure and know about the FBI. But for what FBI hold bitcoin? I think they can do whatever they want, because they have the facilities and the ability to do it.

Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 06:58:50 AM

FBI is one of the biggest corporations in the world and they have it's budget where they can hold bitcoins. But I don't think it's true. I rather suppose that the biggest holder is Satoshi, but again, his existence is still not proved.
jostorres

Activity: 2464
Merit: 585

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 07:18:04 PM

I don't believe that. This is probably one of those informations that someone has made up and another conspiracy theory. Maybe some people think that because FBI has carried out some big investigations and takedowns of dark markets on deep web and thus came to the possesion of large amount of bitcoins. But they can't keep those bitcoins for themselves or use them. But I'm sure they are experimenting with bitcoin in some ways. 
We are discussing FBI here. This matter is not a light one. Involvement of such agencies is possible. Also, FBI likes to bud in all sorts of matters and technology. I believe this news to be true. Even if FBI has hunt down illegal activities on dark web, it is the same. They possess a heavy amount of bitcoins. And nobody knows what they have done with it.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 07:29:01 PM

The FBI(state) could hold a lot of bitcoin seized from Mt. Gox, Silk Road, Alpha Bay, BTC-E and other investigations / seizures / forfeitures.

They could hold a lot of crypto although I can't remember anyone looking up statistics on what their holdings might look like.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2017, 08:20:23 PM

The FBI(state) could hold a lot of bitcoin seized from Mt. Gox, Silk Road, Alpha Bay, BTC-E and other investigations / seizures / forfeitures.

They could hold a lot of crypto although I can't remember anyone looking up statistics on what their holdings might look like

I essentially agree with you

Big seizures and forfeitures like those you mentioned (though I'm not sure about Btc-e, it kinda looks they didn't get the cold wallets) are in the public eye, so there is nothing the agencies like the FBI can do apart from auctioning the seized coins off. That said, we still shouldn't forget about the numerous smaller cases involving less bitcoins and less publicity as well which are certainly there and which never make it into the news. And these bitcoins could make up a sizable amount of the whole stash unofficially belonging to the FBI. Let's not forget about the secret prisons used across the world by the CIA

AleSergio

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

BuyAnyLight - Blockchain LED Marketplace

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 08:26:18 PM

I dont think that FBI(it is organization) is holding some bitcoins, eventhough USA goverment is the only one who is going against cryptocurrencies in the world. On the other hand some powerful people with a big bag of money, even from FBI can deffinetly hold some bitcoins, why not.

▄▄▄▄▄           
       ▄▄███████████▄▄     
   ▄▄███████████████████▄▄ 
 ▄█████████████████████████▄
████      ▀██▀  ▀██  ████████
████  ███   █    ██  ████████
████       █  ██  █  ████████
████  ███            ████████
████         █████        ███
 ▀█████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████▀▀ 
       ▀▀███████████▀▀     
            ▀▀▀▀▀           
.BUYANYLIGHT.

mx667

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 09:02:20 PM

That is some easy question. The government always hold the most money and hold the key of economy. Have you ever heard about massive spy program in the United Stated ? It can be use to control economy and social problem around the globe. So if they don't have money, they will find a way to make money. It simple and easy, right ?

Why do you ask this ? I would like to make some Bitcoin rather than asking about someone's Bitcoin.  Grin
Youghoor

Activity: 1036
Merit: 275

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 09:03:56 PM

Yes i think so, or maybe the government, but it is probably because they are seizing a lot of bitcoin exchangers at the moment. I think that the US does not want bitcoin in this world, the reasons are obviously, they dont want bitcoin to destroy the banks.
marky89

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 09:40:08 AM

I think that the US does not want bitcoin in this world, the reasons are obviously, they dont want bitcoin to destroy the banks.

The US government may not like it, but the cat is out of the bag, and they know it. I think they are trying to exert as much control as possible (like they do in everything else). That means tight regulation, which also means fining and/or shutting down unregulated exchanges. I'm definitely worried for the fate of Bitfinex and Kraken right now. Hopefully the US government will just slap some fines on them and allow them to continue operating. But I suspect more action will be coming against unlicensed exchanges.

As for the banks, BTC won't destroy them. I think they'll start offering bitcoin services (for a fee), and they'll start raking in peoples' bitcoins before you know it. Tongue

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2017, 11:01:24 AM

I think that the US does not want bitcoin in this world, the reasons are obviously, they dont want bitcoin to destroy the banks.

The US government may not like it, but the cat is out of the bag, and they know it. I think they are trying to exert as much control as possible (like they do in everything else). That means tight regulation, which also means fining and/or shutting down unregulated exchanges. I'm definitely worried for the fate of Bitfinex and Kraken right now. Hopefully the US government will just slap some fines on them and allow them to continue operating. But I suspect more action will be coming against unlicensed exchanges

I think it is more complicated than that

The question is certainly about control, but we should keep in mind that Bitcoin (as well as other currencies) may be a handy tool (a very handy at that) to track down criminals (just try tracing cash transactions). I mean to say that they might not be interested in exerting too much control over crypto beyond a certain point after which folks will start running away from Bitcoin. Regarding Bitfinex specifically, I'm more inclined to think that it should have fallen first before Btc-e (since it is a bigger and thus more tasty piece of shit, so to speak), but it kinda looks that all they managed to achieve is to block fiat payment channels for this exchange, to and from

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: