Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 12:02:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Time to BUY DEVCOINS (1 penny each or less)  (Read 11671 times)
FinShaggy (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2013, 05:53:41 PM

That's what I don't understand. If you don't think it will generally go over 10 cents, why are you estimating to someone that it will be a dollar in 6 to 12 months. Because you are actively promoting Devcoin, some people who do not thoroughly do their own analysis may take your thoughts with serious consideration and may purchase based on your expertise.

Because I do believe that base on the projects in place it is possible for that to happen. A dollar is just a guess though. I KNOW the projects will get it to 10 cents.

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2013, 05:54:54 PM

Yeah, well. I'm just questioning his consistency. If you consistently say that it's likely not going to pass 10 cents per coin, then you entertain someone elses thoughts and say that it's gonna reach there in 6-12 months, that puts into question your credibility doesn't it? It's like a used car salesman, where you say anything to get a sale and in this case, it's to convince people to invest in Devcoin

I never said "It won't pass 10 cents" I just KNOW it can reach 10 cents. It could easily get over that, but I won't predict when. I'd guess on that, but I'm not going to just say "It will happen at this time"

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 3083

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2013, 06:41:52 PM

I think you are spamming too much. 1 or 2 bumps a day its ok, but all the replies of this topic are all yours...

Post all you articles in one post, nobody has replied to your topic.

Spamming is different than informing. I think you're complaining too much.

You're allowed to bump your posts ONCE per day.  Doesn't matter if you have new information or not.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2013, 06:43:40 PM

I think you are spamming too much. 1 or 2 bumps a day its ok, but all the replies of this topic are all yours...

Post all you articles in one post, nobody has replied to your topic.

Spamming is different than informing. I think you're complaining too much.

You're allowed to bump your posts ONCE per day.  Doesn't matter if you have new information or not.

I didn't bump. I just added quotes. It all happened in like ten minutes. It's not like it was like 6 hours in a row.

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2013, 07:20:07 PM

Devcoin has been steady around 500,000 DVC/1 BTC but it just went to over 600,000 DVC/1 BTC.

TIME TO BUY WHILE THE PRICE IS LOW

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 04:33:23 AM

The more Bitcoins are on the market, the cheaper Devcoins get, let's change that. Start selling your Devcoins for MORE everyone.

fran2k

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 07:43:04 AM

3. There is now a Devcoin video on YouTube and more on the way
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6AWKEEEN-Y

Guys. This is the only marketing needed.

I'm buying a lot of DVCs right now. But... which is the exchange with most liquidity?
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 07:47:55 AM

3. There is now a Devcoin video on YouTube and more on the way
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6AWKEEEN-Y

Guys. This is the only marketing needed.

I'm buying a lot of DVCs right now. But... which is the exchange with most liquidity?

BUY ON VIRCUREX!!!!!

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 07:57:23 AM

There is another Devcoin video Smiley
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_Axa9_yXF4

Atruk

Activity: 700

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 08:39:35 AM

I'll buy 1 million for $10 US  BTC/LTC equivalent

I believe the going rate on Vircurex is roughly BTC1.6 per million devcoins at the moment... I don't think this year it has ever been so low as $10 per million devcoins...

fran2k

Activity: 784

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 08:53:38 AM

I believe the going rate on Vircurex is roughly BTC1.6 per million devcoins at the moment... I don't think this year it has ever been so low as $10 per million devcoins...

It has been lower:

http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/period-charts.php?period=alltime&resolution=day&pair=dvc-btc&market=vircurex
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 08:55:03 AM

It has been lower:

http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/period-charts.php?period=alltime&resolution=day&pair=dvc-btc&market=vircurex

Not this year.

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 09:15:42 AM

WOAH,

Devcoin just jumped up in value by like 1/10th (DVC/BTC) in the past 30 minutes. Now is a GOOD TIME TO BUY. They could double or triple in value in the next few weeks. And there are only 7,000,000 left on the market in exchange for BTC... Like 10 Bitcoins could buy ALL OF THEM

Atruk

Activity: 700

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 09:41:24 AM

It has been lower:

Not this year.

Actually quite a bit lower... the lowest I've seen was around BTC0.3 per million devcoins, but the high was above BTC3 per million.

Devcoin value can move quite a bit...

Mahn

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 10:19:35 AM

But seriously, no one wants to give away 90% of their profit to devs; regardless how good or bad the idea might in theory be, people are greedy by nature. Devcoin will never be substantially more valuable than what it is today, in fact I think it is one of the most likely altcoins to die in the long term.

weisoq

Activity: 720

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 10:29:49 AM

But seriously, no one wants to give away 90% of their profit to devs; regardless how good or bad the idea might in theory be, people are greedy by nature. Devcoin will never be substantially more valuable than what it is today, in fact I think it is one of the most likely altcoins to die in the long term.
Disclosure: I earn devcoins.

First: but what if you and others were also devs. 'Dev' for devcoin isn't just software/hardware. It's writing, art, marketing, other ideas.
Second (and I may get flamed for this): all of the deflationary cryptos are going to die in the long term, at least in so far as anything beyond hoarding/facilitating transfer of other currencies. A medium of exchange in a credit based society cannot be inherently deflationary as nobody will want to be in debt. So while there's no value with my bias in exaggerating the worth of devcoin in its infancy I'd bet the future of any successful crypto will look a lot more like devcoin than, say, bitcoin.
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 02:06:47 PM

First: but what if you and others were also devs. 'Dev' for devcoin isn't just software/hardware. It's writing, art, marketing, other ideas.
Second (and I may get flamed for this): all of the deflationary cryptos are going to die in the long term, at least in so far as anything beyond hoarding/facilitating transfer of other currencies. A medium of exchange in a credit based society cannot be inherently deflationary as nobody will want to be in debt. So while there's no value with my bias in exaggerating the worth of devcoin in its infancy I'd bet the future of any successful crypto will look a lot more like devcoin than, say, bitcoin.

And Devcoin girl is making new videos Smiley

Mahn

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 03:08:34 PM

I am a dev, and of course I'd love to receive 90% of the profits the miners do. I'm just having a hard time trying to picture a miner saying "Oh, hey, let's mine this coin which is 90% less profitable than any other cryptocoin that I could mine with this hardware, just for the heck of supporting developers, art and culture".

The idea in itself is not bad; I'm not against supporting creators. The problem I see is that it can't hardly grow if people are greedy, which they are.

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 03:14:29 PM

I am a dev, and of course I'd love to receive 90% of the profits the miners do. I'm just having a hard time trying to picture a miner saying "Oh, hey, let's mine this coin which is 90% less profitable than any other cryptocoin that I could mine with this hardware, just for the heck of supporting developers, art and culture".

The idea in itself is not bad; I'm not against supporting creators. The problem I see is that it can't hardly grow if people are greedy, which they are.

It is merge mined with Bitcoin, and pays out in Devcoin. So you actually get more than 10%, but you get it through other coins.
And merge mining is the ONLY option for Devcoin, so that's just how DVC mining works.

weisoq

Activity: 720

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 03:35:07 PM

You’re correct, people are greedy. But at some point a whole load of people are going to wake up to the fact that bitcoin et al are like a game of pass the parcel, except in this replicable deflationary game of increasing real interest rates in trade the person holding at the end loses. Like you I’m playing that game, and I think it's a fantastic revolutionary stepping stone. But as I don’t know when it ends and because I don’t have the time, inclination or capital to risk all I prefer to mostly stick with the admittedly slower but sustainable greed that comes from getting paid for doing something or receiving something wanted. I think others will come to realise this over time. Time will tell.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: