Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 11:45:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Devtome: Get Hundreds of Thousands of free Devcoins for writing  (Read 44756 times)
Boelens

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 02:56:56 PM

That's just because my brother died, if I had been doing my work the past 3 weeks (and I still haven't even gotten back to making videos) we would be well over 200 publishers by now.

No, Finshaggy, we would not be over 200 publishers. The only thing you're doing is giving this coin horrible publicity, also, you're a pump and dumper. Seriously, nobody really wants you here AFAIK, and you're not helping at all. Stop spamming this topic and do something better with your time please.

LOL, in case you didn't know I am one of this coins promoters (like as a job). So yes, the fact that I have been hindered from my job has effected recruitment.

What you call "pump and dump" is simply me doing what little of my work I can while not at home, and with my FIRST payment still coming in. So there isn't the possibility of dumping (since I'm not even completely paid yet).

If I had been able to be contacting friends about this opportunity over the past few weeks, instead of informing them of the death of my 11 year old brother, yes we would have over 200 publishers.

But for over 2 weeks now I have been mourning the hospitalization, then death of my brother. So you can shut the fuck up and keep your "keen" (very shitty, very skewed) observations to yourself.

Listen, it's very bad that your brother died, but I don't care in this case. You're not one of "this coins promoted like as a job", because nobody ever appointed you, and if someone did I hope they don't pay you, because you're doing a horrible job only making this coin look worse. Your "promoting" simply isn't helping, you can't get 200 publishers here just like that.
FinShaggy (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2013, 03:48:51 PM

Listen, it's very bad that your brother died, but I don't care in this case. You're not one of "this coins promoted like as a job", because nobody ever appointed you, and if someone did I hope they don't pay you, because you're doing a horrible job only making this coin look worse. Your "promoting" simply isn't helping, you can't get 200 publishers here just like that.

Yes they did appoint me. I am a devcoin promoter. And I get an administration share for it. And I'm not doing a horrible job, I doubled the number of publishers and content published (not with my own writing, but through my promoting). And that was WHILE I was hindered by a family loss.

If you don't believe I can pull in 200 publishers, you're going to be surprised over the next six months to a year (as thousands of publishers come in).

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2013, 03:55:14 PM

Yes they did appoint me. I am a devcoin promoter. And I get an administration share for it. And I'm not doing a horrible job, I doubled the number of publishers and content published (not with my own writing, but through my promoting). And that was WHILE I was hindered by a family loss.

If you don't believe I can pull in 200 publishers, you're going to be surprised over the next six months to a year (as thousands of publishers come in).

Boelens is kinda right, y'know. You might be an administrator for devtome, but you look like a spammer sometimes.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
Boelens

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 03:56:14 PM

Great to hear a part of DVC's is wasted on you. I'd bet you 1BTC that you can't pull in another 100+ publisher in just a month, you'd only cause people not to join.
JahPowerBit

Activity: 335
Merit: 255

Counterparty Developer

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 07:37:43 PM

I fully understand that it takes time for a community grows internationally. But I think the community Devcoin not pay enough attention to this point. It would encourage more translators doing more advertising and may be paying more (I do not know how you win a translation from an original text).

Thank you this is a very good idea. But my main concern is to have more text to read in French. And there's thousands of interesting texts in English that are unaffordable for many people. Devtome is for readers, not for authors. It should attract a maximum number of readers, I think this is the best way to encourage new writers.
Of course it is obvious that translate English text into another language brings more readers than the reverse, but that does not mean we should neglect this aspect.
I understand your points. The main aspect is that devtome is open-source. That means any material submitted can be copied anywhere. This also means there's an issue of copyright. A text written in a foreign language, if it's your own, and translated is fine. But does an english translation of a french text written by somebody else breach the original author's copyright? Probably. The same problem exists for submitting foreign language writings - there has to be a means of ensuring they're original because once on Devtome it's open-source - and this will take a pretty significant number of people to monitor.

Very true, I could take Harry Potter (all 8 books), write them in French and no one would know the difference, unless it reached the eyes of a French Potter fan. But by then the coins would be earned and spent.

I never thought of that aspect of security when thinking of this.

Maybe the real problem is the method of verification and reward. Income should not be calculated from the number of words but the number of readers.
I realize very well that it is much more complicated, but found a solution to this problem will solve the problem of validation and awards will be distributed more fairly.
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2013, 08:10:24 PM

Boelens is kinda right, y'know. You might be an administrator for devtome, but you look like a spammer sometimes.

Lol, looking like something is different than being something. My free coin hand outs, video creation (while everyone else seems to not want to), website creation and project development alone speak against me being a troll. So I don't have to prove anything.

Actions speak louder than appearances.

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2013, 08:11:48 PM

Great to hear a part of DVC's is wasted on you. I'd bet you 1BTC that you can't pull in another 100+ publisher in just a month, you'd only cause people not to join.

I don't need your money. I'll let you guys know the day I get back home (still out of town because of my brothers death), from that day we will start the timer and see if the publisher count at devtome can reach 100-200 in a month.

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2013, 08:12:45 PM

I fully understand that it takes time for a community grows internationally. But I think the community Devcoin not pay enough attention to this point. It would encourage more translators doing more advertising and may be paying more (I do not know how you win a translation from an original text).

Thank you this is a very good idea. But my main concern is to have more text to read in French. And there's thousands of interesting texts in English that are unaffordable for many people. Devtome is for readers, not for authors. It should attract a maximum number of readers, I think this is the best way to encourage new writers.
Of course it is obvious that translate English text into another language brings more readers than the reverse, but that does not mean we should neglect this aspect.
I understand your points. The main aspect is that devtome is open-source. That means any material submitted can be copied anywhere. This also means there's an issue of copyright. A text written in a foreign language, if it's your own, and translated is fine. But does an english translation of a french text written by somebody else breach the original author's copyright? Probably. The same problem exists for submitting foreign language writings - there has to be a means of ensuring they're original because once on Devtome it's open-source - and this will take a pretty significant number of people to monitor.

Very true, I could take Harry Potter (all 8 books), write them in French and no one would know the difference, unless it reached the eyes of a French Potter fan. But by then the coins would be earned and spent.

I never thought of that aspect of security when thinking of this.

Maybe the real problem is the method of verification and reward. Income should not be calculated from the number of words but the number of readers.
I realize very well that it is much more complicated, but found a solution to this problem will solve the problem of validation and awards will be distributed more fairly.

That is actually a non issue. You get paid both for your words, and your traffic.

weisoq

Activity: 720

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 09:08:39 PM

There are plans to:
(1) incorporate a better validation system. Suggestions have included having a basic peer ranking system, a tiered payment system depending on quality of articles, a simple system that just works from the basis of progressive payments over time as articles and therefore trust are built up. Personally I don't think it needs to become overly pedantic, although it's not up to me it will come down to a group decision, but yes as the number of contributors grows a more automated and assured means of assessing and apportioning payouts will be needed. It's a work in progress. It's actually quite good to see the numbers growing to the point where it's being talked about.

(2) build in revenue from page views and advertising. Done properly this should at least supplement (1) and perhaps as you say even supplant it further in the future, as well as giving an exchange bid to dvc. Again there are different issues. I could post hundreds of articles on the meme of the day and perhaps receive lots of hits, somebody else could quietly submit their treatise on workable home-based nuclear fusion that nobody notices. Should the first poster receive a greater payout than the second? Perhaps, but it depends what devtome is about. So there are obvious issues of quality vs quantity - the bulk of internet traffic probably isn't looking for quality but that doesn't mean quality isn't and shouldn't be valued (which is why some sort of validation and payment stemming from that is probably required as well). That's in addition to the basic question of rewarding volume etc.
Unthinkingbit

Activity: 935
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 08:56:27 PM

Is it possible to receive devcoins for translations into French, for example?
Not yet, primarily I think because there aren't enough people to be able to vet/edit any writings not in english. You can offer to translate from french to english, if anybody is interested in taking you up on it:  http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=devtome_translators

Also, internet advertising pays more for English articles, and we would have to set up sub wikis for each language.

There are plans to:
(1) incorporate a better validation system.

(2) build in revenue from page views and advertising. Done properly this should at least supplement (1) and perhaps as you say even supplant it further in the future, as well as giving an exchange bid to dvc.

We've been trying to get advertising for several months, but I've been told there is no good bitcoin advertising network. Adsense is good, but because the IRS is persecuting people:
http://www.mercatornet.com/sheila_liaugminas/view/12348

I prefer to have someone outside of the US get an adsense account.

Could someone out of the US please offer an adsense account for devtome? Whoever handles the adsense account would get 10% of the revenue. Right now devtome probably gets around half a million page views per month, so that would be a couple of hundred dollars a month of advertising.

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2013, 06:22:38 AM

Not yet, primarily I think because there aren't enough people to be able to vet/edit any writings not in english. You can offer to translate from french to english, if anybody is interested in taking you up on it:  http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=devtome_translators

Also, internet advertising pays more for English articles, and we would have to set up sub wikis for each language.

There are plans to:

(2) build in revenue from page views and advertising. Done properly this should at least supplement (1) and perhaps as you say even supplant it further in the future, as well as giving an exchange bid to dvc.

We've been trying to get advertising for several months, but I've been told there is no good bitcoin advertising network. Adsense is good, but because the IRS is persecuting people:

Could someone out of the US please offer an adsense account for devtome? Whoever handles the adsense account would get 10% of the revenue. Right now devtome probably gets around half a million page views per month, so that would be a couple of hundred dollars a month of advertising.

I will be in Mexico again soon. I could do it. Especially if I could get the support of the DVC community.

Boelens

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 10:25:05 AM

Not yet, primarily I think because there aren't enough people to be able to vet/edit any writings not in english. You can offer to translate from french to english, if anybody is interested in taking you up on it:  http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=devtome_translators

There are plans to:

Out of US here, Netherlands. I could do it if you want.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 03:46:47 AM

im in canada i can do it
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2013, 08:06:20 PM

If Devcoin/Devtome has changed your life, or even just slightly increased your standard of living, please share about it here. We need stories of faith, hope, and redemption brought on by Devcoin. Or even just "I got some coins and bought a new miner".
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241403.msg2559227#msg2559227

alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 08:16:50 PM

With bitcoin ad networks, it's a chicken and egg situation. They can't pull in the advertisers until they get publishers. But the only publishers they've got so far are people who write solely about bitcoin.

Given that devtome has half a million page views a month on a wide range of topics, you should be able to approach some of the bitcoin advertisers and negotiate a deal that's better than what's being offered to ordinary publishers. I did a bit of Googling and found this list of bitcoin advertisers. I'm sure the owners of each advertising network are on bitcointalk and you could PM them to discuss a deal.

My gut feeling is that for devcoin to succeed it needs to remain within the cryptocurrency universe and not have to switch back and forth into fiat.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2013, 09:39:57 PM

With bitcoin ad networks, it's a chicken and egg situation. They can't pull in the advertisers until they get publishers. But the only publishers they've got so far are people who write solely about bitcoin.

Given that devtome has half a million page views a month on a wide range of topics, you should be able to approach some of the bitcoin advertisers and negotiate a deal that's better than what's being offered to ordinary publishers. I did a bit of Googling and found this list of bitcoin advertisers. I'm sure the owners of each advertising network are on bitcointalk and you could PM them to discuss a deal.

My gut feeling is that for devcoin to succeed it needs to remain within the cryptocurrency universe and not have to switch back and forth into fiat.

Well, maybe with most Bitcoin Networks. But not Devcoin. Devcoin is promoting projects and development for the world outside itself. Devcoin will bring Bitcoin into the future.

EmilianoZ

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2013, 03:40:13 PM
Last edit: June 24, 2013, 04:04:25 PM by EmilianoZ

Hello,
Sorry about the late answering.
I am preparing a devtome article about monies and it has taken ALL the time I spend on supporting this community.

There are plans to:

Out of US here, Netherlands. I could do it if you want.

I am from Mexico. I am a mexican citizen; I could AND like to, create an Adsense account if needed. I know by this time it could be redundant, but still I would like my willingness to be considered.
Thanks a lot (really) Shocked to all supporters, publishers and administrators Wink. I would love to collaborate more Grin.
cryptopi

Activity: 168

Want some pi with that?

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 04:10:25 AM
Last edit: July 02, 2013, 06:12:56 PM by cryptopi

I know we are currently in round 25, but I would like to know at which block the official earnings are calculated (such as at block 93k round 24 was calculated). Also, at which block will round 25 be paid out?

Thanks

EDIT: Also, one more question. In order to get an idea of what a share might be worth, is there anywhere I can see a list of the people in round 25 and how much they have written so far?

www.hosterbox.com - really good web hosting (accepts bitcoins)
(disclaimer - I am not affiliated with hosterbox in any way)
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 10:44:05 PM

Not yet, primarily I think because there aren't enough people to be able to vet/edit any writings not in english. You can offer to translate from french to english, if anybody is interested in taking you up on it:  http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=devtome_translators

There are plans to:

Coin URL and Coins of Midas are ad networks which accept (and give out) payment in Bitcoin.  Another one I hear about is something like Operation Fabulous.  I'm sure there are more out there.  Any particular reason to not use them?

EDIT:  Never mind.  That question got answered already.
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 10:52:59 PM

I know we are currently in round 25, but I would like to know at which block the official earnings are calculated (such as at block 93k round 24 was calculated). Also, at which block will round 25 be paid out?

Thanks

EDIT: Also, one more question. In order to get an idea of what a share might be worth, is there anywhere I can see a list of the people in round 25 and how much they have written so far?

I'm thinking earnings are calculated at block 97000, but I'm not quite sure why I think that.  I'm guessing UnthinkingBit posted that it was block 97000 on a thread I read...

There are two files which update daily that one can use to calculate earnings.  I have them bookmarked on my android, but don't have them handy on my laptop.  They are on a site that I believe belongs to Emfox.  If I find them later I'll edit and add them.  Or someone else can...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: