Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:58:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] Wanchain - Connecting blockchains to exchange value  (Read 79343 times)
LeoSys

Activity: 40
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2017, 10:51:38 AM

During ICO (sometime in October), investors will send ETH and get an erc20 based token.
In november, they will be able to exchange that erc20 token for the wanchain token (on a new blockchain).

My question: the erc20 token which will be bought during ICO, will be tradable immediately after the ICO ends or it will be tradable in november? I mean, if we cannot buy erc20 token during ICO, will we be able to buy it before november, or it is locked until then?
MostlyGhostly

Activity: 396
Merit: 109

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 11:04:46 AM

This is a great project. Hope I'm in the white list. Where I can check I'm in or not? Thank you

yeah pisschain coin for obnoxious females that make it their habit to spend their entire life pissing onto things and streaming the videos of that piss. Its worse than 4chan and jackie chans movies. If u like wanchain it may be that u lent ur brain to somebody and forgot to take it back.
Kanoe_Yuuko

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 03:49:36 PM

may i ask one question , is there any plan about bounty campaign, i want take part in this project ,thanks.
Noobty

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 05:53:40 AM

Wanchain will compete directly with Kyber by the sounds of it then, and every other coin that has a dx function. What distinguishes Wanchain, other than having Chinese connections?

The road map seems to be quite slow with the ethereum trading not being introduced unti June 2018. Kyber, 0x and Omg will have a huge head start in terms of when they are introduced.

Also as its main competitive advantage seems to be the Chinese connection, with question marks of eth trading in China some problems seem to lie ahead.
machinayz (OP)

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2017, 12:59:45 PM

Wanchain will compete directly with Kyber by the sounds of it then, and every other coin that has a dx function. What distinguishes Wanchain, other than having Chinese connections?

The road map seems to be quite slow with the ethereum trading not being introduced unti June 2018. Kyber, 0x and Omg will have a huge head start in terms of when they are introduced.

Also as its main competitive advantage seems to be the Chinese connection, with question marks of eth trading in China some problems seem to lie ahead.

We have received just short of 12k applications from over 100 countries (exact number will be announced on Friday: t.me/WanchainANN and t.me/WanchainCHAT) and only a very small percentage were from Chinese applicants which have been rejected as they cannot participate (as well as Singapore and US citizens/permanent residents).

One of the major distinguishing features of Wanchain is the implementation of proof-of-privacy using the Time Stamp Sytem:

Wanchain connects and exchanges value between different blockchain ledgers in a distributed manner. Visit https://wanchain.org/
kekmaster

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 10:48:09 PM

Sounds decent
Noobty

Activity: 50

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 02:21:54 AM

We have received just short of 12k applications from over 100 countries (exact number will be announced on Friday: t.me/WanchainANN and t.me/WanchainCHAT) and only a very small percentage were from Chinese applicants which have been rejected as they cannot participate (as well as Singapore and US citizens/permanent residents).

One of the major distinguishing features of Wanchain is the implementation of proof-of-privacy using the Time Stamp Sytem:

https://i.imgur.com/O6NCpom.jpg

Thanks for the reply, sounds really good. This should go a long way to capturing the Chinese market and elsewhere.
z0n0
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 05:04:26 PM

Dear Wanchain Community,
We would like to first give the community a summary of what we have been working on the past few weeks.

*SECURITY CLASSIFICATION - WANCOIN*
As the cryptocurrency ecosystem has been changing and is subject to further change, we have been working closely with a "Big 4" law firm in Singapore to help us cover the legal aspects of the project. One of the most important areas the legal firm has been working on is the whether The Wancoin is in fact a security. After an extensive review of our foundation, network, and token they have determined it is unlikely that Singapore regulators will classify Wancoins as securities.

*SECURITY CLASSIFICATION - ERC20 TOKENS*
To prevent the ERC20 tokens that we will be issuing after the ICO from being classified as  securities, our lawyers have advised us that the ERC20 tokens should not be allowed to trade. As a result we can only guarantee the exchange of ERC20 tokens for Wancoins that come from the same purchasing address. This exchange will occur when the Wanchain mainnet goes lives in approximately 2-3 months. Certain exceptions may apply - we will work closely with our legal team and review these on a case by case basis.

The Purchaser acknowledge that receipt of the ERC20 token is for future delivery of the Wancoin token and access to the Wanchain platform. Wanchain will not be supporting any exchanges that list the ERC20 token; furthermore, participants in our ICO acknowledge that he/she will not resell the ERC20 token.

*KYC/AML*
While Singapore and international laws are often unclear and rapidly changing with respect to digital currencies, one thing is known - governments around the world do not want digital tokens to be used to support money laundering or terrorist financing.
To that end we are safeguarding the project and users from future regulation by implementing strict KYC and AML protocols.
Ensuring that our project is KYC and AML compliant is a big step towards being a legitimate project in the crypto space.

*LOOKING FORWARD*
The ecosystem is rapidly changing and our interest is in keeping the project compliant on a global scale. If further regulations are put into practice, we will continue to adapt to the new regulations in such a way that both users and our project are safeguarded.

*WEBSITE*
We have also been working on several aspects of the website. We will provide several guidelines for users to verify that the contract address they contribute to is the legitimate one. This includes and is not limited to videos proving it is the right contract address, our official social platforms, and website. We are also working on soon releasing a form tomorrow (Saturday 30th September) where users can input their ethereum wallet address to see whether it has been successfully whitelisted.

*WHITELIST APPLICATIONS*
Aside from this, we want to thank you for your continued support and patience. We received a total of 11,812 applications.
*Here are the stats:*
Total applications: 11,812
Gold whitelist: 7,779
Silver whitelist: 3,224
Unapproved: 809
As you are aware, we have started to send out rejection emails. Please remember you have 48 hours to correct information from the moment you receive the e-mail. If you have any doubts regarding your application please contact whitelist@wanchain.org.
We are still working on identifying the fake and flagged accounts. This means that rejection e-mails will continue being sent out over the weekend.

*Approval letters:*
We will start sending the first approval e-mails today. Please allow a few days for them to reach you.
We will also be issuing a form on our website where you will be able to check whether your ethereum address has been successfully whitelisted.

*ICO ANNOUNCEMENT*
ICO date: 03 October 2017 16:00 UTC
Total tokens in sale: 107.1 million
Presale for strategic partners: 45,000 ETH (ave. discount <5% of week 1 rate)
Week 1: 1 ETH = 880 WAN - 15% Off             
Week 2: 1 ETH = 790 WAN - 5%   Off                 
Week 3: 1 ETH = 750 WAN - Original Rate       

*Gold Whitelist*
Individual cap for Gold: 6.8 ETH
Once the ICO begins on October 3rd you will have 24 hours to claim your reserved Wancoins.
After 24 hours, you will be able to contribute in the silver phase until all tokens are sold.

*Silver Whitelist*
After the first 24 hours have passed, Silver will be able to contribute along with Gold until all tokens are sold.
Total reserved amount:
Over 20,000 ETH worth of tokens (in addition to the unsold amount in the Gold round).

*Max gas price implementation*
There will be a maximum gas price fixed into the smart contract starting on the second day of the ICO to avoid major congestions to the Ethereum network. The details are:
Max gas price: *50 GWEI*
            *Transactions with a gas price above the limit will be rejected.*
Recommended gas limit: 150,000
We will be preparing several guides on how to stay safe leading up to the ICO and during the ICO contribution period.

*THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR SUPPORT!*

We know that many of you are long time supporters of Wanchain; we appreciate your patience and are grateful to have you on this long journey with us. If you are interested in joining our team please check our website as we will be announcing a number of new positions soon.
z0n0
Legendary

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 04:27:53 PM

*Wanchain ERC20 Tokens*

Our decision to issue an ERC20 token was based upon our fundamental principle that people should have custody of their assets. Removing centralized middle-men and returning custody to the hands of the individual is one of the primary reasons for Wanchain's existence.

As a result of this belief we are returning to our ICO participants their Wancoins, in the form of a temporary ERC20 token, as soon as possible. However, ERC20 tokens can present some legal challenges. We have listened closely to our lawyers who have advised us to not allow them to be traded.

One of the paths we evaluated was locking the tokens.

We chose not to do this because we were concerned about the security of the tokens. We do not want to prevent users from transferring the tokens to themselves in the event that their wallet gets compromised or they want to move to a more secure wallet. Should this occur we will work with the users to see their path of custody of funds and confirm that it is still them that is in control of the new wallet. Proving this chain of custody may be a bit of a headache for you so don't do it unless you really need to.

Our anticipation is that the economic incentives will limit people from selling their ERC20 tokens to those that aren't aware that they will not be able to exchange them for Wancoins. However, should this occur we will review on a case by case basis, along with other edge cases, to do what fair, equitable, and legal for all parties.

We have made these decisions carefully, after much considering, with the goal of following our fundamental principle of individual custody, maximizing security for our users, and ensuring the long term legal viability of our network.

In summary:

-Transferring to another wallet you control is okay (but don't move them unless you need to for security purposes)

-Transferring/selling to someone else is not okay

-We can only guarantee the exchange of ERC20 tokens for Wancoins that come from the same purchasing address

-Edge cases may pop up and we will review on a case by case basis

-ERC20 will be exchangeable for Wancoins in approximately 2-3 months when the mainnet goes live.

-Towards the end of the year after you exchange your ERC20 for a Wancoin there will be no trading restrictions.
bitdexter

Activity: 327
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 04:43:51 PM

Is it too late to sign up for the white list?
How do i join the ICO?
xtyling

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

Crypto is Life!

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 09:38:29 PM

Is it too late to sign up for the white list?
How do i join the ICO?

Unfortunately you are too late
TiaanB

Activity: 192

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 09:45:25 PM

Very interesting but how does it differ from Blocknet?

There are two major factors that differentiates Wanchain from other projects in the same space. For one, there is no need for a trusted third party. In other words, it is completely decentralized. Secondly, when cross-chain transactions are executed, the mechanism in the original chain will not be changed (it adapts). Wanchain was built on Go and allows the support of smart contracts being applied to a number of different scenarios whilst also providing a concept-of-privacy.

"Wanchain helps others running their own wallets, ledgers and smart contracts through the Wanchain platform."

I like the idea, but the above contradicts the above statement. Wanchain will be the third party, no?
arp10

Activity: 826
Merit: 510

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 06:44:10 AM

Is Wanchain PoW or PoS?  
I heard you can run a mastermode, which sounds like PoS.
samrajyacoin

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 06:45:28 AM

10% of TS - 21mil for Miners
mining process / details please..
btcthm

Activity: 131

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 09:36:35 AM

"ERC20 will be exchangeable for Wancoins in approximately 2-3 months when the mainnet goes live. "
 Shocked
Startup11

Activity: 39

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 04:56:56 PM

"ERC20 will be exchangeable for Wancoins in approximately 2-3 months when the mainnet goes live. "
 Shocked

Is this bad?
z0n0
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 06:29:17 AM

Who cares. Just fill your pocket guys and wait the mainnet.
A lot of projects hold tokens for some time.
Patience.
oliversh

Activity: 54

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 09:40:56 AM

Is ICON competitor to wanchain?

ICON: In the ICON world, independent blockchains with different governances can transact with one another without intermediaries. Dozens of reputable institutions are already in the network. Anyone can create a new blockchain project and join the network.

Wanchain: Links different digital assets, connecting the present and future
Wanchain seeks to create a new distributed financial infrastructure, connecting different blockchain networks together to exchange value.

I cant see a response to this - I'm interested too to know whether what the overlap with ICON and Kyber is. Which other ICO comes closest to this one? The ICON sale was a blinder!
thepo1m

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 10:37:48 AM

Is ICON competitor to wanchain?

ICON: In the ICON world, independent blockchains with different governances can transact with one another without intermediaries. Dozens of reputable institutions are already in the network. Anyone can create a new blockchain project and join the network.

Wanchain: Links different digital assets, connecting the present and future
Wanchain seeks to create a new distributed financial infrastructure, connecting different blockchain networks together to exchange value.

I cant see a response to this - I'm interested too to know whether what the overlap with ICON and Kyber is. Which other ICO comes closest to this one? The ICON sale was a blinder!

Even COsmos project and Bancor too, all these projects seem to have similarities and it will be good to have where the differentiations are among these projects
Sowik

Activity: 532
Merit: 327

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 05:59:31 PM

WTF? When was the whitelist period? Will I be able to participate if I haven't been whitelisted?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: