Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:30:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] Wanchain - Connecting blockchains to exchange value  (Read 79343 times)
RodneyGrillery

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 08:54:20 PM

i been waiting to buy this coin for awhile. It does suck that the few i bought of delta can't be swapped. I hear the CEO bullshit ass excuse about keeping it fair, but if that was the intention then why did they utilize ETH token in the first place. Especially knowing the ease of transferring the token to a decentralized exchange.  They could have created a placeholder token on their platform that couldn't be accessed till the new wanchain coin is available and swapped.

No disrespect, but it was pretty much stated from the jump that EDelta tokens were no good.  Even if a placehodler token is made, there will always be some work around that scammers will try to make to sell the rights to that and people will lose their shirts that way.  Eth tokens weren't the problem, its the mentality of scammers and swindlers that is the problem, and as long as they can think up elaborate schemes people will get got.  It just so happens it was via EDelta this time.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Islapdonkey

Activity: 882
Merit: 277

If i had a dollar for every "had i known"

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 09:47:48 PM

i been waiting to buy this coin for awhile. It does suck that the few i bought of delta can't be swapped. I hear the CEO bullshit ass excuse about keeping it fair, but if that was the intention then why did they utilize ETH token in the first place. Especially knowing the ease of transferring the token to a decentralized exchange.  They could have created a placeholder token on their platform that couldn't be accessed till the new wanchain coin is available and swapped.

No disrespect, but it was pretty much stated from the jump that EDelta tokens were no good.  Even if a placehodler token is made, there will always be some work around that scammers will try to make to sell the rights to that and people will lose their shirts that way.  Eth tokens weren't the problem, its the mentality of scammers and swindlers that is the problem, and as long as they can think up elaborate schemes people will get got.  It just so happens it was via EDelta this time.

No disrespect but i invested in Tezo and Exscudo and they all have placeholders and i don't see the scam involved if you buy someone's acct and they sign over the email associated to that acct to you. You will not lose the Tezo and Exscudo that you bought.

However, utilizing ETH token and blaming individuals that decide to sell their token early on a decentralized exchange( which they facilitated by using ETH token) and then blaming the buyer who might not have known about any prior statement is utter bullshit. And why the fuck wasn't the token locked if that was the issue.

Also, am not sure how selling a token you paid for during ICO on a decentralized exchange ( b/c it was made available for you to sell) makes you a scammer/swindler.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
simongoat

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 09:54:54 PM

No disrespect but i invested in Tezo and Exscudo and they all have placeholders and i don't see the scam involved if you buy someone's acct and they sign over the email associated to that acct to you. You will not lose the Tezo and Exscudo that you bought.

However, utilizing ETH token and blaming individuals that decide to sell their token early on a decentralized exchange( which they facilitated by using ETH token) and then blaming the buyer who might not have known about any prior statement is utter bullshit. And why the fuck wasn't the token locked if that was the issue.

Also, am not sure how selling a token you paid for during ICO on a decentralized exchange ( b/c it was made available for you to sell) makes you a scammer/swindler.

I think it makes you a scammer if you sold tokens because anyone who was in the ico was told lots of times that you should not buy or sell the tokens as they won't be swapped for wan coins later on. Unfortunately people who weren't in the ico and who bought them on ED may not have known this, so yes you are right, the tokens should have been locked to avoid any confusion.

ITHAN73

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 09:46:52 PM

HELLO PEOPLE! SOMEONE KNOW WHEN WANCHAIN ​​GOES TO EXCHANGE, OR HOW TO BE SURE TO BE NOTIFIED WHEN THAT HAPPENS
RodneyGrillery

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:16:56 AM

The scenario you mentioned (buy someone else's account) is one in which you will likely have people that will get defrauded and they will blame the team for setting up their token sale in a way in which they felt compelled to buy someone's account (thus losing their money). 

Like if it's not one thing it's something else...I mean it's tuff, this game is ls like the wild wild west at times.  I had a friend send me the EDelta Wanchain link around the time it hit Edelta like "Wanchain's up!!" because he didn't know any better, but minutes later he's like "actually don't do that those are bad tokens" lol.  They couldve locked up the tokens; I sympathize with you for your loss there. 

All that said, if was in the ICO and they tell me you CAN NOT sell the tokens until mainnet or they are potentially void, I would not sell them.  Everyone is so thirsty for a gain that people can't be patient, and while I'm much easier on the buyers here, I'm completely fine with blaming the sellers, because every single one of them had enough info to know better.  Generally speaking, selling a token you paid for doesn't make you a scammer/swindler, but in THIS SCENARIO, that person was selling wolf tickets and they knew it, so they're a certified swindler to me 

I just don't like the idea that it's cryptocurrency's job to protect people from doing the obviously stupid thing.
z0n0
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 09:23:02 AM

HELLO PEOPLE! SOMEONE KNOW WHEN WANCHAIN ​​GOES TO EXCHANGE, OR HOW TO BE SURE TO BE NOTIFIED WHEN THAT HAPPENS

This is still unknown, just stay still, follow them on twitter...
simongoat

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 09:38:52 AM

Apparently when the token swap is nearly complete the coins will go on an exchange. We were given to the end of march to swap tokens so I guess it depends how long it takes everyone to do it.

FYIcryptoz

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

Decentralize $15-Trillion Global Trade Industry

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 09:44:50 AM

Apparently when the token swap is nearly complete the coins will go on an exchange. We were given to the end of march to swap tokens so I guess it depends how long it takes everyone to do it.

Jesus... that's long. Taken the time how long the ICO has been gone now.

simongoat

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 09:46:55 AM

ICO was in sept I think.

z0n0
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 02:14:37 PM

That's actually kinda smart from the team. There's no reason to release coins in bearish market. Things are not so bad today as 2 weeks ago, but the team could be probably waiting for confirmed bullish trend.
brooklynite1

Activity: 630
Merit: 10

In BTCz we trust. Organic slow growth.

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2018, 03:18:39 PM

Do people really put their hard earned money into these 100% premined coins??

CoinWizx

Activity: 8

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 11:28:18 PM

If you sold your WAN Coin? Can you help swap my using your original WAN ETH address? Telegram me @CoinWiz
simongoat

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:19:58 AM

That's actually kinda smart from the team. There's no reason to release coins in bearish market. Things are not so bad today as 2 weeks ago, but the team could be probably waiting for confirmed bullish trend.

By Holding the coins the Wanchain team seem to have increased anticipation to an almost fever pitch. I doubt if it was intentional but a brilliant strategy. I wonder if other coins will do the same. I kinda wish they had realesed them thought cos I could have got some more in the bearish market.

simongoat

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 07:53:01 PM

from telegram

Dear Wanchain Community,

We are pleased to inform you that 71% of Wanchain ERC20 Tokens have been swapped to the Wanchain Mainnet Wancoins (“WAN”).

exchange is soon!!!

RodneyGrillery

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:23:28 AM

Following up on recent 71% post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjbZ8-uQMHk&feature=youtu.be

So Dustin makes it seem like it's on the exchanges at this point based on that video. 

TBH I don't care why the team would care what market climate it debuts because it's not like any of them are selling any of their tokens now.  An exchange might care if they had heavily invested themselves maybe.

Predicting the market climate is a different beast in its own right.  On one hand BTC could be at 5k USD range in the next 2 weeks, on the other hand BTC could be at 17k+ USD, so good luck on the entity that's trying to guess that.  The "experts" are often wrong in these cases...
simongoat

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:27:57 AM

Following up on recent 71% post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjbZ8-uQMHk&feature=youtu.be

So Dustin makes it seem like it's on the exchanges at this point based on that video. 

TBH I don't care why the team would care what market climate it debuts because it's not like any of them are selling any of their tokens now.  An exchange might care if they had heavily invested themselves maybe.

Predicting the market climate is a different beast in its own right.  On one hand BTC could be at 5k USD range in the next 2 weeks, on the other hand BTC could be at 17k+ USD, so good luck on the entity that's trying to guess that.  The "experts" are often wrong in these cases...

ha yes, totally agree

ZeroFiat

Activity: 43

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 05:44:33 AM

Is there any OTC thread for $WAN? Cheers & thanks
z0n0
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 07:32:49 PM

https://medium.com/@derekwaltchack/whenwan-e1cc3af6643b
SimpleMan

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 07:49:53 PM

I think it makes you a scammer if you sold tokens because anyone who was in the ico was told lots of times that you should not buy or sell the tokens as they won't be swapped for wan coins later on. Unfortunately people who weren't in the ico and who bought them on ED may not have known this, so yes you are right, the tokens should have been locked to avoid any confusion.

I understand your position but they have always been very open about their approach so this should usually minimize the drama tbh!

RodneyGrillery

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 08:48:46 PM

Great to here ICO launches potentially coming in April.

Their pt about Dex's being the #1 pain point in crypto...I think it's def important, but these Dex's will probably take a significant amount of time before we see a huge market shift to DEX's.  There's a bit of a learning curve with DEX's.  IDEX is a pretty great exchange, Kyber should be great as well considering the incentivized system, and there are others as well, but I don't envision these things cutting into the market share of the top 5 exchanges for a long time.

@Simpleman I agree with you, but considering its probably a small amount of code to add the lock feature that probably should've been done...it is what it is, looking forward for exchange listing soon to see market reaction Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: