Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 01:06:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: TradeFortress VERY untrustworthy, owes me 10.15 BTC, possibly others.  (Read 11309 times)
pekv2

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 02:48:27 PM

You Trust, You learn.  It goes both ways.  The trick is to trust others with as much as you're willing to pay to learn that they aren't trustworthy.  When you get that right, you always win when dealing with others, whether they're trustworthy or not.

That is true, and it's one reason Ripple is a good system. But it doesn't get TF off the hook. He still needs to pay up.
Not only is that just your opinion, but also I have "paid up" by sending 10.15 BTC back to webr3 the first time. You know what happened next, he tried it again despite me saying I won't honor it and someone random user he accuses of being me redeemed it.

I would say this it's ripples fault and not tradfortress's. @webr3, why not create a scam accusations/untrustworthy thread against ripple/xpr? That's the real culprit here.
FCTaiChi

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2013, 08:33:38 PM

So if nobody had ever heard of trojans would it be fine for me to infect people's computers and take their btc as long as my link said "click here to see why you're unsafe!"
I could see a person doing this to show the problems inherent in trusting random internet downloads.. but then to not give that back doesn't seem like an ideal situation for a person's reputation. 

Seems like OP is a casualty of an aggressive campaign against Ripple.  Maybe something does need to be done, but should this be the way?

"Bitcoin user scams Ripple users in an attempt to show Bitcoin's superiority," I don't want to see this headline.

Mining Equipment Comparison Table                               Bitcoin News                             1nKAizrhGzvLfWBVfX8fGLAs6kxKV7aXM
dscotese

Activity: 444

I prefer evolution to revolution.

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 01:00:32 AM

You Trust, You learn.  It goes both ways.  The trick is to trust others with as much as you're willing to pay to learn that they aren't trustworthy.  When you get that right, you always win when dealing with others, whether they're trustworthy or not.

That is true, and it's one reason Ripple is a good system. But it doesn't get TF off the hook. He still needs to pay up.
Why not pretend that TF is dead?  Then I think everyone will see the light.

I like to provide some work at no charge to prove my valueAvoid supporting terrorism!
Satoshi Nakamoto: "He ought to find it more profitable to play by the rules."
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 01:07:19 AM

So if nobody had ever heard of trojans would it be fine for me to infect people's computers and take their btc as long as my link said "click here to see why you're unsafe!"
I could see a person doing this to show the problems inherent in trusting random internet downloads.. but then to not give that back doesn't seem like an ideal situation for a person's reputation. 

Seems like OP is a casualty of an aggressive campaign against Ripple.  Maybe something does need to be done, but should this be the way?

"Bitcoin user scams Ripple users in an attempt to show Bitcoin's superiority," I don't want to see this headline.
You do realize I already gave him back, and then he kept it in Ripple and someone took it again?
FCTaiChi

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 01:43:47 AM

I guess that part is a bit confusing to me as I haven't used Ripple.  The reason I said that is that earlier he said after the initial loan there was a second one.  I guess you didn't really agree to that one..?  Anyway I suppose I posted because I wondered how much of his decision to loan was based on your reputation in this forum.  I don't discount the possibility that you may have been targeted.
Anyway I find ripple repellent to rational thought so I'll try to stay out of the conversation from now on.  

Mining Equipment Comparison Table                               Bitcoin News                             1nKAizrhGzvLfWBVfX8fGLAs6kxKV7aXM
SGExodus

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 07:59:52 AM

Anyone dealing with Ripple deserved to be ripped. 

It's already implied in their choice of word.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 09:13:45 AM

OP deserved to lose their BTC. It is just how it is.

You dont educate yourself then you suffer the consequences.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 09:19:43 AM

+1, OP deserved it

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 09:50:04 AM

Anyone dealing with Ripple deserved to be ripped. 

It's already implied in their choice of word.

You could also say anyone dealing with Bitcoin deserves to get scammed because payments are not reversible etc.

The Ripple system does what it claims. OP's failure to educate himself resulted in this loss.
DiamondCardz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 02:10:18 PM

Let me just make this point a little clearer, OP:

He doesn't owe you shit. He did not get anything, other people did. This is the flaw with trusting people in Ripple. If I trust someone who trusts someone who trusts someone who wants 10 BTC and to make a quick buck by being blackhat, then this person can go all the way down the chain and take my BTC away.

MoneypakTrader.com

Activity: 472

Never spend your money before you have it.

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 07:43:32 PM

please check out how TF scammed me and vote on him being a scammer: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=151880.0;all

MultipliedCombo

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2013, 08:40:14 AM

please check out how TF scammed me and vote on him being a scammer: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=151880.0;all

Your trust rating kinda kicks that post to the dirt.

MoneypakTrader.com

Activity: 472

Never spend your money before you have it.

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 02:42:29 PM

Your trust rating kinda kicks that post to the dirt.

You must still be using the default trust list which unfortunately has that scammer in it. Unfortunately, the creator of the default trust list hasn't recognized TradeFortress as a scammer, but rather validated his scams by included TF in the default trust list, which allows TF's counter-trust to show.

Obviously analyzing the trust ratings for legitimacy is better than simply trusting the default trust system which may show scammers as trustworthy and non-scammers as low on trust due to things such as "forum spam" as some people apparently distrust people who post too much. . .

Anduck
Legendary

Activity: 1511
Merit: 1072

quack

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 07:38:52 AM

+1, OP deserved it

He got purposely mislead by senior member. This misleading resulted in the loss of OPs funds. Is that really OPs fault, completely?

Someone (senior member) tells a noob "send 10 bitcoins to address 1xxxasdasd and I will send you 11 btc back" and the noob sends those coins and never sees them again. Noobs fault to trust that senior member, what?

IT'S CALLED SCAMMING.

"Trust me 100 bitcoins and i will send you 1 bitcoin"

🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 07:45:26 AM

+1, OP deserved it

He got purposely mislead by senior member. This misleading resulted in the loss of OPs funds. Is that really OPs fault, completely?

Someone (senior member) tells a noob "send 10 bitcoins to address 1xxxasdasd and I will send you 11 btc back" and the noob sends those coins and never sees them again. Noobs fault to trust that senior member, what?

IT'S CALLED SCAMMING.

The noob (actually ripple shill) sends these coins, I take the coins and give it back to the noob, and the noob sends it again and someone else takes it.
Anduck
Legendary

quack

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 08:12:02 AM

+1, OP deserved it

IT'S CALLED SCAMMING.

The noob (actually ripple shill) sends these coins, I take the coins and give it back to the noob, and the noob sends it again and someone else takes it.

"someone else takes it" is a result of you trusting someone to take them from you when the noob trusted you only?

Btw. this whole thing to mislead noobs, for whatever reasons, is bad. It only causes harm by mainly waste of time and loss of money. And it's likely not going to teach them anything since they're newbies for a reason (possibly don't know much about crypto). And you were abusing ripple system by a way it's not even meant to be used (people trusting each others like in your experience). (And you need noobs to succeed in this kind of abuse). 

🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 08:23:55 AM

And you were abusing ripple system by a way it's not even meant to be used

How long does it take till Ripple shills recognize that it's a flaw in Ripple (valuing debt as binary)?
DiamondCardz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2013, 08:27:31 AM

* DiamondCardz stretches his arms

Right, back from hospital, time to jump back in the game. This shit is still going on?

That was not abusing Ripple. It is a flaw that will always be present in Ripple due to how it is made, and that could occur at any time in the future.

Anduck
Legendary

quack

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 08:31:31 AM

And you were abusing ripple system by a way it's not even meant to be used

How long does it take till Ripple shills recognize that it's a flaw in Ripple (valuing debt as binary)?

FYI you can trust very trusted parties ONLY (bitstamp for example) and you don't need to trust other individuals. You just need a link (usually via these super trusted parties that are actual well-handled companies in the real world.). Yes, it's debt only (except XRP that is not debt) and anyone can issue any currency debt in the network.
When you use MtGox or Bitstamp or any 3rd party system with your bitcoins, you're trusting them with your coins. This exactly same thing happens in Ripple. When you trust someone with your coins, you can't be 100% sure do you get them back when you want.

Did you actually trust someone in ripple that took the bitcoins that were trusted to you?

Anduck
Legendary

quack

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 08:33:05 AM

* DiamondCardz stretches his arms

Right, back from hospital, time to jump back in the game. This shit is still going on?

That was not abusing Ripple. It is a flaw that will always be present in Ripple due to how it is made, and that could occur at any time in the future.

That "flaw" is same kind of "flaw" if I just started sending bitcoins to random addresses because it's play money because i am a noob and i dont understand what bitcoin is. That is a flaw in bitcoin?

It's not a flaw if it's only abusable when people don't know how to use the system.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: