Bitcoin Forum
July 27, 2024, 09:54:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin for Taxi  (Read 6934 times)
Lizzie_Girl

Activity: 332
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 10:01:54 PM

There is an altcoin that does this. Or at least has this idea. I saw it in someone's signature today it's called taxi coin or something. I'd they can get it right it would be a great idea paying crypto for a taxi ride. I would not use it but other wouldn't. Maybe buy coins to make a profit if the taxis so well.
hurain

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 10:33:29 PM
Last edit: September 06, 2017, 12:42:48 AM by hurain

I think it would be great if you could pay your Taxi-drive with Bitcoin! U agree with me?

Nowadays It is really hard for us users to pay bitcoin for such services (small time services) because the current fees are getting ridiculous. You might be able to pay higher fees than your actual charge for the taxi do we like that? of course not.
in fact bitcoin is still not too much popular that is way in present time it s hard to use bitcoin for shopping and other payment purposes we can hope that the passage of bitcoin bitcoin will become more popular and then we will be able to use bitcoin for everything we want. but i think it will take some more time as bitcoin is still as such not popular in our area.
agatha818

Activity: 284

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 10:35:46 PM

I've read articles about it and a lot of taxi drivers and uber drivers would want to accept bitcoin as payment, i think some taxi in Europe already accept bitcoin, not sure how it works though.
Hasbro27

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 10:46:32 PM

I think it would be great if you could pay your Taxi-drive with Bitcoin! U agree with me?
I agree with your opinion that I know for now not a taxi company in my country that received payment using bitcoin, maybe in the future it will be able to use bitcoin to pay taxi
FasTroy

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 10:49:07 PM

I've read articles about it and a lot of taxi drivers and uber drivers would want to accept bitcoin as payment, i think some taxi in Europe already accept bitcoin, not sure how it works though.
It's an amazing idea if taxi driver start to accept bitcoin, so with that, bitcoin circulation will be higher, so it will be more better for bitcoin itself, It will be more powerful and automatically that the price will increase in fact.
So i encourage this type of payment when we talk about Taxi, I think It's too easy and pratic.

BigBall

Activity: 253

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 11:03:16 PM

Yea bro that can be really great but for this we will need for sure to wait a really long amount of time to see it in reality because bitcoin is not still enought popular to be used like that.I think that this will become reality after 1-2 years but not before because bitcoin need to be more often used in internet ,in online world and then many of them will start to accept bitcoin in offline world.
djgtr

Activity: 951

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 11:19:10 PM

It's an amazing idea if taxi driver start to accept bitcoin, so with that, bitcoin circulation will be higher, so it will be more better for bitcoin itself, It will be more powerful and automatically that the price will increase in fact.
So i encourage this type of payment when we talk about Taxi, I think It's too easy and pratic.

Well this type of payment is so ecouraging and I think everybody will have comfortable lives. As said it's a practical thing so cashless payments is merely applicable for better and fast payments systems.
jennywhzz

Activity: 415

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 09:04:44 AM

There's plenty of taxi services to take Bitcoin. I know for a fact that over does. If not it is easy enough to make the change between Fiat and Bitcoin and back again that you could probably do it in the back of the taxi cab while you're riding.
StonedWolf

Activity: 308
Merit: 120

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 04:01:24 PM

I don't think bitcoin is good for so small payments. Maybe some other coin. But I definitely want to see crypto in our daily life.
This just what i am going to say !!
A taxi generally get about 20 dollars at most while 1 BTC =4,500 $, it is clearly illogical to pay such amount in bitcoin.

joganuts

Activity: 355

Gric Coin - Redefining Agriculture and Increasing

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 04:05:13 PM

It would be nice though but not with the current transaction fee. However, I still see some bitcoin services like this coming up soon. After all, speedy transaction was one of the reasons behind bitcoin innovation.
It is truly a part of innovation in terms of transaction for the future. But somehow if it would be possible to have transaction with used of Bitcoin there are some point that developers of Bitcoin need to focus to just like the fees and the system of transaction. Becauae people want an efficient mode of transaction for them to securely deal with payments.

DainSLane

Activity: 784
Merit: 112

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 01:52:54 AM

It would be nice though but not with the current transaction fee. However, I still see some bitcoin services like this coming up soon. After all, speedy transaction was one of the reasons behind bitcoin innovation.
It still depends on the acceptance of people to bitcoin because we cannot use it if the people are now aware what it is and there is a law in other countries that bitcoin is illegal if you don't follow that law you will go to jail, but i really hope this idea will be use in the future to make our transaction fast and easy.
craZyLovE0916

Activity: 588

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 03:55:34 AM

Considering taxis don't even like accepting credit or debit cards, I doubt they would accept Bitcoin. At least until it becomes much easier. Keep in mind soon Uber will take more market share from taxis and also self-driving cars within 10 years!
DyllanGM

Activity: 236

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 03:58:49 AM

That will be great really.  But then since btc spends time to pay,  Its not really advisable, especially if you are in a hurry.
shine1123

Activity: 490

🤖UBEX.COM 🤖

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 04:11:14 AM

It would be great but i'm not sure about the fee, because we also need to pay the fee when we transfer our bitcoin to the driver wallet. If someday we have a new innovative about a wallet without a fee for local business like for taxi, it would be great and i'm sure people will use it for pay the taxi.

GLOBAL DECENTRALIZED ADVERTISING EXCHANGE

Token sale: MAY 21

▄█▄      ▄█▄        
                                 █████    █████       
                        ▄██▄     ▀█▀      ▀█▀        
                ▄█▄    ▀██▀                           
         ▄     ▀█▀                        ▄█▄        
        ▀█▀                      ▄█▄     █████       
                        ▄██▄    █████     ▀█▀        
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀                  
         ▄     ▀█▀                        ▄█▄        
        ▀█▀                      ▄█▄     █████       
                        ▄██▄    █████     ▀█▀        
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀                  
                ▀█▀                                    
          ▄                      ▄█▄      ▄█▄        
         ▀█▀           ▄██▄    █████    █████       
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀      ▀█▀        
                ▀█▀                                    
           ▄                      ▄█▄     ▄█▄        
          ▀█▀            ▄██▄   █████   █████       
    ██            ▄█▄   ▀██▀    ▀█▀     ▀█▀        
             ▄    ▀█▀                                 
            ▀█▀                         ▄█▄           
       ██              ▄█▄   ▄██▄    █████          
                  ▄    ▀█▀   ▀██▀     ▀█▀           
                 ▀█▀                                   
            ██                   ▄██▄                 
                    ▄     ▄█▄   ▀██▀                 
                   ▀█▀    ▀█▀                          

▄█   ▄█  ▄█        ▄█████▄   ▀█▄     ▄█▀
██   ██  ██▄▄▄▄▄   ██▀   ▀██    ▀█▄  ▄█▀
██   ██  ██▀▀▀▀██  ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ████   
██   ██  ██   ██  ██▄   ▄█    ▄██▀▀██▄  
▀██████▀  ▀██████▀  ▀███████▀   ▄██▀   ▀██▄
Telegram
Facebook
ANN Thread
Youtube
LinkedIn
Twitter
Medium
Reddit
Github
Brama Jasa

Activity: 530

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 04:42:54 AM

I agree with you but with a high bitcoin price, not paying a small amount of payment, unless someone makes a taxi company able to make a payment with bitcoin, it may happen, and whether in that country bitcoin has been legal
Janademir4

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 05:26:11 AM

yes I agree with you, although in my country that is in Indonesia can not be applied things like that but I with in some other countries there are taxi companies that use bitcoin as payment

ShadowBits

Activity: 994
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 05:36:14 AM

normally i ride taxi when i dont know how to get to the destination or when im in a hurry
i just hope the transfer between wallets would be instant or else itll be a hassle.
D3m1r4wanti

Activity: 714
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 05:49:36 AM

I agree with you
If the taxi payment can already use bitcoin I can drive a taxi with the balance of bitcoin in the wallet tampa must first exchange with rupiah.
Kabul

Activity: 619

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 07:56:02 AM

It is not a good idea at all. Waiting for taxi is really tired and I believe no one wants to wait for their transactions to be confirmed. it is not a good idea for bitcoin to be accepted in taxi. Maybe in the future, there is a new cryptocurrency which is faster and better and we can use it for taxi. Right now, bitcoin is never a good option. Besides, the fee of bitcoin is extremely high Cheesy

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

djablom1

Activity: 125

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 07:59:53 AM

i dont think you will ever be able to pay with bitcoins in taxi because i would rather have cash money if i worked as a taxi.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: