Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 08:51:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: $100 USD BOUNTY: I had BTC on bitkee how to claim bitcoin cash?  (Read 2002 times)
erre
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1205

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 10:18:24 PM

On explorer seems like the money are still in the same address. You Can't see anything in incoming tx?

EDIT: THIS IS OK. YOU ARE IMPORTING NOT CREATING A TX. TRY TO REFRESH COINOMI

Coinomi won't let you import an address if the balance is 0 bcc, so the first priv key should have worked.... maybe try to re-do it, the last chance is that you didn't press a "confirm" button or something like that.

Bcc blocks are designed to be 10 min, but currently there is lot of instability because miners are switching chains

I think he is sweeping. Thus there should be tx.
@OP - Before actual confirmation of the sweep you should get message about how many BCH going to be sweeped in. Have you seen such message?

No, I did NOT get a message about how many will be swept, just that it IS sweeping paper wallet

You missed a "next button I think

from the "balance" tab, I used the scan button, scanned the WIF and it showed me  the addy and then I clicked the "next" button. It looked like it was working and said it was sweeping paper wallet...then...nothing  GRRR

I now remember that I read somewhere that the qr import was not properly working for coinomy. Try copy paste or manually. I know it is a hassle but I really remember this

Roll a dice FOR FREE every hour, and win up to $200 in btc ---> CLICK HERE

Tip me using the LIGHTING NETWORK! -->https://tippin.me/@Erre96344121
erre
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 10:19:44 PM

https://coinomi.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/29000013979-qr-scan-issues-btc-bch-addresses-sending-and-exchanging

pitbully2000 (OP)

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 10:22:02 PM

On explorer seems like the money are still in the same address. You Can't see anything in incoming tx?

Coinomi won't let you import an address if the balance is 0 bcc, so the first priv key should have worked.... maybe try to re-do it, the last chance is that you didn't press a "confirm" button or something like that.

Bcc blocks are designed to be 10 min, but currently there is lot of instability because miners are switching chains

@OP - Before actual confirmation of the sweep you should get message about how many BCH going to be sweeped in. Have you seen such message?

No, I did NOT get a message about how many will be swept, just that it IS sweeping paper wallet

from the "balance" tab, I used the scan button, scanned the WIF and it showed me  the addy and then I clicked the "next" button. It looked like it was working and said it was sweeping paper wallet...then...nothing  GRRR

I now remember that I read somewhere that the qr import was not properly working for coinomy. Try copy paste or manually. I know it is a hassle but I really remember this

I know you're tired...one last shot PLEASE...
So I open "receive" tab, it gives me an address and qr. Where do I go to fill in the uncompressed WIF key manually?
Wusolini
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

no need to carry heavy money bags anymore

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 10:23:42 PM

from the "balance" tab, I used the scan button, scanned the WIF and it showed me  the addy and then I clicked the "next" button. It looked like it was working and said it was sweeping paper wallet...then...nothing  GRRR

I would expect this ending up with some sort of "unknown key format" message. Incidentally I'm going to sweep some BCH soon as well. Will let you know how it should work step by step.

EDIT:

1 - Go to balance tab. Hit the options. Sweep wallet.
2 - Enter prv. key (scan or paste)
3- Hit next.
4- You should see message About amount which will be transacted and how much is the fee.
5- Confirm.

That's it.I just did it with exported key from electrum and works fine ( waiting confirmation right now).

erre
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 10:25:25 PM

I know you're tired...one last shot PLEASE...
So I open "receive" tab, it gives me an address and qr. Where do I go to fill in the uncompressed WIF key manually?

Left to the qr button, if you press here you can insert text

erre
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 10:26:25 PM

I would expect this ending up with some sort of "unknown key format" message. Incidentally I'm going to sweep some BCH soon as well. Will let you know how it should work step by step.

Pm me if you need help, I'm becoming an expert Smiley

erre
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 10:32:04 PM

Ok, I definitely have to go bed now.
Good luck, I really think that at this point it's impossible it's not working, tomorrow I will wake up with a good surprise.

If not, I will be here to help, you still have your money on your address and your private key, so it's all ok.

pitbully2000 (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 10:37:32 PM

Ok, I definitely have to go bed now.
Good luck, I really think that at this point it's impossible it's not working, tomorrow I will wake up with a good surprise.

If not, I will be here to help, you still have your money on your address and your private key, so it's all ok.
Thank you Erre...you're awesome! I will keep trying, if I get it, I'll send your bounty AND a bonus Wink. If I don't get it...I'll be bothering you again hahahahha
Goodnit buddy...and thanks for all the help
pitbully2000 (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 10:40:29 PM

from the "balance" tab, I used the scan button, scanned the WIF and it showed me  the addy and then I clicked the "next" button. It looked like it was working and said it was sweeping paper wallet...then...nothing  GRRR

EDIT:

3- Hit next.
4- You should see message About amount which will be transacted and how much is the fee.
5- Confirm.

That's it.I just did it with exported key from electrum and works fine ( waiting confirmation right now).

Ok, thanks buddy! I'm losing my mind over this lol. I'm gonna try following your instructions. Should I be using electrum vs coinomi? (I have NO experience w/aany of them othere than blockchain.info wallet and my trezor safe. Wish I would have NEVER bought the bitkee. Grrr
pitbully2000 (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 10:44:23 PM

EDIT:

3- Hit next.
5- Confirm.

Ok, thanks buddy! I'm losing my mind over this lol. I'm gonna try following your instructions. Should I be using electrum vs coinomi? (I have NO experience w/aany of them othere than blockchain.info wallet and my trezor safe. Wish I would have NEVER bought the bitkee. Grrr

Nope, got to "hit next", then it told me "loading balance" and "creating transaction", nothing about any amounts or fees then it just bounces me back to balance tab w/0.00 BCH
Wusolini
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

no need to carry heavy money bags anymore

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 11:01:32 PM

EDIT:

3- Hit next.
5- Confirm.

No. There should be no difference in what wallet you have used so far. In principle all are same. You need private key to be able to send coins from corresponding address. But apparently starts to be complicated when more private key formats are being used.
I start to feel there has to be issue with coinomi when importing WIF format (but I have not heard about any so far ... you are the first).

This is where the error is IMO.
After hitting the "next" button appears a message about amount and fee (in my case). So if you did not see message there is something wrong with private key. As Erre pointed the scan might not worked properly ( but I would expect some warning/error message in such case ) Huh
Have you tried the manual enter ( or copy paste text)?

pitbully2000 (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 11:06:59 PM

EDIT:

3- Hit next.
5- Confirm.

No. There should be no difference in what wallet you have used so far. In principle all are same. You need private key to be able to send coins from corresponding address. But apparently starts to be complicated when more private key formats are being used.
I start to feel there has to be issue with coinomi when importing WIF format (but I have not heard about any so far ... you are the first).

This is where the error is IMO.
After hitting the "next" button appears a message about amount and fee (in my case). So if you did not see message there is something wrong with private key. As Erre pointed the scan might not worked properly ( but I would expect some warning/error message in such case ) Huh
Have you tried the manual enter ( or copy paste text)?

yes...scanned, went to "sweep wallet" and entered private WIF key...same result:
told me "loading balance" and "creating transaction" but never showed me a balance or fees and just bounces me back to balance screen w/nothing but "height" (dont even know what that means)
 ANYTHING else I should try?
pitbully2000 (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 11:07:57 PM

edit:
1st i re scanned, THEN I did the manual input after using "sweep wallet" function
pitbully2000 (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 11:09:05 PM

geez...I'm really muffing it here lol. Trying to say I did it both ways, multiple times...
pitbully2000 (OP)

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 12:01:43 AM

OK...
I'm losing what's left of my mind now. Gonna take a break, later, I'll reinstall coinomi and do the manual typing (I found the same article about their scanning not being able to distinguish the ambiguity of BTC vs BCH or whatever it says. If I get it, I'll send you your BTC...if not...yeah, I'll bug you some more tomorrow. Thanks a TON for all your help ERRE...and the rest of you who tried to help as well...thanks all. Havew a good one Smiley Grin Smiley Wink
Imam_Dj

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 03:36:03 AM

Splitting your Bitcoins in TREZOR

Due to only having a week to prepare for the launch of the final version of Bcash code, Trezor’s wallet does not currently support BCH (although they’re working on a fix). It is however possible to use an online tool by TREZOR in order to split your BCH and simultaneously send it to a BCH address.

Thoroughly review Trezor’s guide to this process and check their Twitter and subreddit for any updates. Sometimes the tool is offline and recently some bugs were found in it.

Step 1 – Visit the beta version of Trezor wallet. You should use Google Chrome to access the wallet; the author was unable to complete the process using Firefox or a clean install thereof.

Make sure that you’re on the beta site: https://beta-wallet.trezor.io

The reason for visiting the beta Trezor wallet is that it enables you to update your Trezor’s firmware to the latest, beta version (1.5.1). Particularly if you haven’t performed this process before, you should study Trezor’s guide to firmware updates.

Step 2 – Be certain you have a backup of your seed phrase and update your firmware. This is done as follows:
disconnect the device
plug it in while holding both device buttons pressed

Step 3 –  Go to the Coin Splitting Tool. Click on “Connect with TREZOR”. Reconnect your device and enter the PIN as usual.

Step 4 – Select the account you want to split BCH from and enter an address to send the BCH to. It is possible to enter the exchange funding address directly in this stage (see below how to get a deposit address for HitBTC).

erre
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 07:22:27 AM

Good morning my friend Smiley

This is becoming an epic adventure, although a bit frustrating.

Let's recap it:

- You had some (a lot of) money in encrypted hard wallet
- You managed to transfer btc to 1PShvoNo6o2DAHHAuveBx7GDttUb2d7QXu using blockchain, so we are sure you know the right password
- Your bcc are still in the original address, because you only transferred btc
- Seemed like you didn't import privkey to blockchain.info, but only used it to make a tx

Finally we managed to use bitaddress.org to decrypt your private key, and you printed it. You should then have a print with 4 QR codes:

-2 are your address compressed and uncompressed. One of them have to be 155HLTxjDXfgcyBeDUviGj5QGSAVnJdZHQ , double check this, or you didn't decrypt well the key
-2 are the wif priv keys, compressed (start with a "k" or "l", 52 characters) and uncompressed (start with a "5", 51 characters)

Double check this is all right. If it is, try to import both private keys copy-pasting or manually digiting it in coinomi. To do it you have to:

-create bcc wallet in coinomi
-click "import paper wallet
-insert the private key
-click next
- You should see a message with your balance and the tx , and then click confirm.

I can't  understand why it should be not working, but if you double checked all I wrote is right we can try a different wallet from coinomi.

I will NOT suggest to use electron cash, because I saw many flags about it. Better download ABC wallet. But first try again with coinomi because it should work.

Eagerly waiting for updates Smiley

pitbully2000 (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 04:52:28 AM

Hello again...
I'm sure you're asleep. I lost the entire day...dont ask lol. But I will double check everything and if I find something small that I missed. I'll let younknow. Otherwise I'll get back to you tomorrow...very much appreciate all the time...u rock!
pitbully2000 (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 04:56:40 AM

Splitting your Bitcoins in TREZOR

Due to only having a week to prepare for the launch of the final version of Bcash code, Trezor’s wallet does not currently support BCH (although they’re working on a fix). It is however possible to use an online tool by TREZOR in order to split your BCH and simultaneously send it to a BCH address.

Thoroughly review Trezor’s guide to this process and check their Twitter and subreddit for any updates. Sometimes the tool is offline and recently some bugs were found in it.

Step 1 – Visit the beta version of Trezor wallet. You should use Google Chrome to access the wallet; the author was unable to complete the process using Firefox or a clean install thereof.

Make sure that you’re on the beta site: https://beta-wallet.trezor.io

The reason for visiting the beta Trezor wallet is that it enables you to up 6date your Trezor’s firmware to the latest, beta version (1.5.1). Particularly if you haven’t performed this process before, you should study Trezor’s guide to firmware updates.

Step 2 – Be certain you have a backup of your seed phrase and update your firmware. This is done as follows:
disconnect the device
plug it in while holding both device buttons pressed

Step 3 –  Go to the Coin Splitting Tool. Click on “Connect with TREZOR”. Reconnect your device and enter the PIN as usual.

Step 4 – Select the account you want to split BCH from and enter an address to send the BCH to. It is possible to enter the exchange funding address directly in this stage (see below how to get a deposit address for HitBTC).

Did all tbis...alreqdy claimed coin from my trezor using beta. I had some coin on a bitkee and I moved them to trezor and am.now trying to clim my bitcoin cash for those. Trouble is trezor split tool only work while in "bitcoin cash" mode...if that makes sensr...thanls for the info though.
pitbully2000 (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 05:20:08 AM

Good morning my friend Smiley

This is becoming an epic adventure, although a bit frustrating.

Let's recap it:

- You had some (a lot of) money in encrypted hard wallet
- You managed to transfer btc to 1PShvoNo6o2DAHHAuveBx7GDttUb2d7QXu using blockchain, so we are sure you know the right password
- Your bcc are still in the original address, because you only transferred btc
- Seemed like you didn't import privkey to blockchain.info, but only used it to make a tx

Finally we managed to use bitaddress.org to decrypt your private key, and you printed it. You should then have a print with 4 QR codes:

-2 are your address compressed and uncompressed. One of them have to be 155HLTxjDXfgcyBeDUviGj5QGSAVnJdZHQ , double check this, or you didn't decrypt well the key
-2 are the wif priv keys, compressed (start with a "k" or "l", 52 characters) and uncompressed (start with a "5", 51 characters)

Double check this is all right. If it is, try to import both private keys copy-pasting or manually digiting it in coinomi. To do it you have to:

-create bcc wallet in coinomi
-click "import paper wallet
-insert the private key
-click next
- You should see a message with your balance and the tx , and then click confirm.

I can't  understand why it should be not working, but if you double checked all I wrote is right we can try a different wallet from coinomi.

I will NOT suggest to use electron cash, because I saw many flags about it. Better download ABC wallet. But first try again with coinomi because it should work.

Eagerly waiting for updates Smiley

One of the priv qts  (compressed WIF) says no funds in wallet. The other (uncompressed WIF) seems like it starts the process, but then just bounces me back to balance tab.
 I uninstalled and redownloaded coinomi...kept all recovery info. Same thing. I type manually, same thing. Grrr
I wannanbelieve itnssomething small I simoly overlooked, but I'm the guy who's brain itches until it's fixed lol. Spent many I nsomniac hours building and overclocking/undervolting a small gpu farm. I should be able to get this...grrr.  thanks man. I'll ttya 2morros

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: