Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:56:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 [117] 118 119 120 121 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] LINDA-PoW/PoS-99% APR- MASTERNODE-MULTI-WALLET ( NEW THREAD)  (Read 111467 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
NYNF

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 12:25:00 AM

I found 100k Linda that I had on my computer from a year ago. Are they useless now? I hate these stupid hard forks...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Xenomole

Activity: 90
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 05:32:59 PM

I found 100k Linda that I had on my computer from a year ago. Are they useless now? I hate these stupid hard forks...
as long as you had them before the fork you can still use them, but with the new wallet. Save your wallet.dat file somewhere safe (you should always have offline backups anyway, eg on a USB stick that you keep in a safe location, fireproof lockbox, etc). Then install new wallet, run it and let it sync to the blockchain (might take a few days and a few lockups...there are links to a bootstrap on github to get you farther along). Then shut down the wallet, replace the wallet.dat created by the new wallet with the old one you had saved, and restart the wallet. Your coins should show up. Provided you still know the password (assuming you had the wallet encrypted) you can send these coins, stake them, or just hold on to them.
HardWork8

Activity: 6

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 05:34:59 PM

Where i can wait news about your project?
VanAllen

Activity: 240
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 08:49:38 PM

Where i can wait news about your project?

https://discord.gg/gyfGdBP
!vanovi4

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 09:01:07 PM

What I liked about this project is that Linda provides near instant transactions utilizing a masternode network.
hiphoptrail

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 12:55:34 AM
Merited by psycodad (1)

Guys, the best place to keep up-to-date and get help with your wallet issues is Discord: https://discord.gg/gyfGdBP

Almost nobody posts here anymore. Linda is very active on Discord, with hundreds of posts every hour and lots of developer participation.

That's a problem this entire industry has - - - poor marketing. You tell people that no action is here and they need to join the discord. Yes, I am well versed with discord but there is a demographic of people that use bitcointalk for their information. Think about that. There is no reason somebody from discord couyldn't step up and keep this thread up to date.

just my 2 satoshi's
size_m

Activity: 146
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 09:19:54 AM

Guys, the best place to keep up-to-date and get help with your wallet issues is Discord: https://discord.gg/gyfGdBP

Almost nobody posts here anymore. Linda is very active on Discord, with hundreds of posts every hour and lots of developer participation.

That's a problem this entire industry has - - - poor marketing. You tell people that no action is here and they need to join the discord. Yes, I am well versed with discord but there is a demographic of people that use bitcointalk for their information. Think about that. There is no reason somebody from discord couyldn't step up and keep this thread up to date.

just my 2 satoshi's
exactly!
there are many people who have registered here at bitcointalk to get informed about their coins and either cannot or don't want for several reasons to register at another place for these informations.
it's fine if you do most of the chattering and regular talking at discord now.
but at least let those people here know about the most important informations and news.
it cannot be that difficult if someone carries over these informations to here.

my problem with the wallet is that it has stopped syncing at all.
i have updated the wallet to v3 and my coins show up.
it connects to many nodes but it just doesn't sync any more.
does anybody know a solution for this problem (maybe at discord)?
VanAllen

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 10:09:09 AM

just my 2 satoshi's

exactly!
there are many people who have registered here at bitcointalk to get informed about their coins and either cannot or don't want for several reasons to register at another place for these informations.

Times change.

It's not just Linda that has moved to Discord, many have. Bitcointalk is old and clunky. It's just not practical to discuss all the separate elements of Linda (wallets, staking, masternodes, trading, etc, etc) here in a single thread, while providing support and keeping people up-to-date on developments. Discord provides a much more modern, organised interface that makes it easy for the developers to be more involved with the community.

Personally I think Discord was a good choice. It keeps all of the discussions about each crypto development conveniently organised in one place, while making it easy to add more 'servers' to switch between the discussions of all the different crypto development that you might be following with just a single sign-up. And you can access it in a browser on a desktop computer just as easily as you can from a mobile device.

When you buy a product that requires support, you wouldn't expect the manufacturer to participate in every related forum on the internet -- in most cases they would have their own forums, which you would be required to subscribe to if you wished to be kept up-to-date on developments. At least with Discord you only have to register once, yet each development team has its own 'forum'.

Linda's Discord channel has around 7000 members presently and typically over 600 online at any one time. Compare that to this place. It would be difficult for the developers to justify spending time maintaining and supporting this thread when it reaches so few people.
hiphoptrail

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 10:41:19 AM

just my 2 satoshi's

exactly!

Times change.

It's not just Linda that has moved to Discord, many have. Bitcointalk is old and clunky. It's just not practical to discuss all the separate elements of Linda (wallets, staking, masternodes, trading, etc, etc) here in a single thread, while providing support and keeping people up-to-date on developments. Discord provides a much more modern, organised interface that makes it easy for the developers to be more involved with the community.

Personally I think Discord was a good choice. It keeps all of the discussions about each crypto development conveniently organised in one place, while making it easy to add more 'servers' to switch between the discussions of all the different crypto development that you might be following with just a single sign-up. And you can access it in a browser on a desktop computer just as easily as you can from a mobile device.

When you buy a product that requires support, you wouldn't expect the manufacturer to participate in every related forum on the internet -- in most cases they would have their own forums, which you would be required to subscribe to if you wished to be kept up-to-date on developments. At least with Discord you only have to register once, yet each development team has its own 'forum'.

Linda's Discord channel has around 7000 members presently and typically over 600 online at any one time. Compare that to this place. It would be difficult for the developers to justify spending time maintaining and supporting this thread when it reaches so few people.

Wrong in so many ways. Discords demographic is a young crowd with no money while seasoned people that have established themselves with wealth and are looking to inject liquidity into the crypto space prefere a forum like this. Trust me, I know about this.
psycodad
Legendary

Activity: 1606
Merit: 1582

精神分析的爸

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 11:25:14 AM

just my 2 satoshi's

exactly!

Times change.

Got any idea how many people are subscribed to this thread here to compare the figures?

Discord is a free gamers chat which is able to run apps in your browser and is run by a company that wants to make money, while bct is a simple crypto forum run by a person who doesn't need to make money from our personal data.
Discord on top of that is a security and privacy nightmare in my eyes. Read the privacy terms and ask yourself why you need a platform to run applications in your browser to simply exchange information (i.e. chat, posts).

If people think discord is superior, they should probaly launch their coins there and not here so we simple "bct-only" folks don't have to deal with these repeating discussions trying us to convince to join a platform that we do not like for a multitude of reasons.

VanAllen

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 08:47:44 PM

Got any idea how many people are subscribed to this thread here to compare the figures?

No. But you can get some idea by comparing the posting frequency.

On here there's typically what, half a dozen posts per day ... at best? The Linda Discord channel frequently receives more than that in a minute.

In my own personal experience of Discord, if I post a question about a problem with a wallet or masternode, for example, I'll have a reply (and a solution) within minutes, if not seconds, and usually from one of the Linda team. On here, I'd be lucky to get an answer the same day, let alone a solution.

I get that you like it here and that you've probably invested a lot of time in these forums. I can totally understand that. But I think it's important to give people the best advice. And right now, for Linda support at least, the best advice is to go get help on Discord. I also completely agree with your concerns and reasons for disliking sites like Discord, and I'd much prefer it if the community and development team were hanging out here instead. Unfortunately that's just not practical.
Xenomole

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 06:17:16 PM
Last edit: September 01, 2018, 07:16:36 PM by Xenomole

Since nobody from the team seems to be on here any more, here's the latest from Discord...
TLDR: POW mining in Linda is over..now only POS mining.

Justin Tether [Linda Support]Today at 9:23 AM
We would like to announce our wallet v3.1.0.0.
It includes all the benefits of wallet v3.0.0.0 plus also includes some key improvements detailed below.
V3.1.0.0 will block all PoW within 3 days (block number will be announced later)  so we will swap to a PoS chain only. These new rules apply for a few reasons including staying on course for 2030 max supply, and our belief in an ecologically friendly blockchain.
We have upped staking payments to 50% and added in a maximum stakings age of 30 days and also added a maximum amount of 100M for each staking input.  (Anything over that will not grant higher return per input) , Overall this will improve your current staking returns.
We have upped masternode payments to 60%.
The PoW lockout is due to a mining exploit found in the original code where a large number of coins were being mined too fast which may have led to amounts for sale on exchanges as we have seen in the last few days.

LZSTWiBLeq6JwaPHWFAWG8acURC2Rgt4HV is the pre-sale ICO wallet (#2 wallet on richlist). The amount of Linda collected and LindaX have been/ are available to be viewed on mynodepool.com under ICO pre sale.

We apologize for the inconvenience this creates for the PoW backed workers. This has been a hard decision that was weighed and calculated.
We wish you all luck in your future mining endeavours.

This sucks for my Scrypt miners...but oh well...

in the mean time, somebody has found a way around the broken pool mining, and is collecting ALL the mining rewards with minimal hashrate...right now about 14kH...raking in millions of Linda, and it seems dumping it on the market while they can...causing the recent dip in prices.
psycodad
Legendary

Activity: 1606
Merit: 1582

精神分析的爸

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 12:04:44 PM

On here there's typically what, half a dozen posts per day ... at best? The Linda Discord channel frequently receives more than that in a minute.

First let me say that I appreciate your kind response a lot, thank you.

Which basically is because nobody gets answers here since the thread has been abandoned by the LINDA leaders. If you check the views of this thread, it seems that quite a few people (investors?) try to inform themselves here about LINDA (and they end up with a wrong wallet since quickdeal doesn't seem to care to update the OP):

I would have no problems if the coin was launched on Discord, but I do really dislike this tendency to shovel the community from one platform to the next (i.e. Slack, Telegram, Discord etc.). If a coin has been launched on bct it should at least maintain minimal information (like link to current wallets, explorer, exchanges etc.) here, that shouldn't be asking for too much.
But it seems to be a general problem with LINDA, as even coinmarketcap links to the old wallet source. I guess it too is asking too much from the leaders to keep at least this information current and accurate. I guess cmc has even a few views more than bct.

Anyway, I understand that you are not in the position to change this and I am certainly barking up the wrong tree. We 'bct-leftbehinds' are actually very thankful for those few like you and Xenomole that from time to time forward essential information from discord to this thread here.

Giovanni469

Activity: 61

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 08:40:23 PM

I have invested in Linda in the very beginning, and I really believe in the project. I really want this project to work and therefore I just found out that our events aren't posted on this big event calendar. I heard they have tens of thousands of visitors every day. Does someone have the knowledge to update all our events on this website?

https://www.coincalendar.cc/coin/Linda

Let's make Linda HUGE!
hiphoptrail

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 01:59:33 PM

First let me say that I appreciate your kind response a lot, thank you.

Which basically is because nobody gets answers here since the thread has been abandoned by the LINDA leaders. If you check the views of this thread, it seems that quite a few people (investors?) try to inform themselves here about LINDA (and they end up with a wrong wallet since quickdeal doesn't seem to care to update the OP):

I would have no problems if the coin was launched on Discord, but I do really dislike this tendency to shovel the community from one platform to the next (i.e. Slack, Telegram, Discord etc.). If a coin has been launched on bct it should at least maintain minimal information (like link to current wallets, explorer, exchanges etc.) here, that shouldn't be asking for too much.
But it seems to be a general problem with LINDA, as even coinmarketcap links to the old wallet source. I guess it too is asking too much from the leaders to keep at least this information current and accurate. I guess cmc has even a few views more than bct.

Anyway, I understand that you are not in the position to change this and I am certainly barking up the wrong tree. We 'bct-leftbehinds' are actually very thankful for those few like you and Xenomole that from time to time forward essential information from discord to this thread here.

I agree!
Xenomole

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 03:36:48 AM

Wallet v3.1 is out...upgrade by block 580,000 to prevent being locked out of the network.

https://github.com/TheLindaProjectInc/Linda/releases
sacloci

Activity: 34

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 03:46:33 AM

The team doing their best for the idea, maybe the main reason Is that they are just busy in preparing and thinking for an updates in order the idea will develop more. Let us just wait for the right time because I am sure they just do what's best for the plan.
joeya1k

Activity: 47

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 02:59:38 PM

Is it 2 mill coins or 30 mill collateral for one masternode?
VanAllen

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 07:02:53 PM

Is it 2 mill coins or 30 mill collateral for one masternode?

It was 30 mil but it's 2 mil now.
ridumbwebp

Activity: 31

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 07:10:43 PM

Great plan among many! The idea will achieve great victories and a lot of attention! This project is one of the most creative and revolutionary among all other! With pleasure I'll watch out for him.
Pages: « 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 [117] 118 119 120 121 »
  Print  

Jump to: