Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:52:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: why bitcoin illegal in asia?  (Read 13581 times)
KwizatzHaderach

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:40:42 AM

Illegal? Not really. Japan is currently at the forefront of adoption and doing friendly policies. They know they need to compete.
South Korea is mostly doing regulation which will be good for mainstream adoption long term. Minimizing bad impact to their society as their people tends to be crazy with tech stuffs.

China - since it is a centralized system of government. They would want to retain their control on money matters so that people will always rely on them and not be truly free.

Overall, I think it is a matter of time until governments steps up regulation to curb illegal activities which is good.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Allison567

Activity: 40
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:10:49 AM

Because governments in Asian countries are afraid that bitcoin is out of control, the introduction of the state will crumble the national economic system because bitcoin is fragmented and uncontrolled.
shanksluffy

Activity: 85
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 07:46:05 AM

bitcoin illegal  some asia country bt why?can you give me some reason about this?? thanks
Bitcoin become illegal because of no tax. Government are not favor in bitcoin because bitcoin are always changing price and they cannot control the value of it.
darklus123

Activity: 1246
Merit: 588

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 05:45:42 PM

bitcoin illegal  some asia country bt why?can you give me some reason about this?? thanks

Different perspective for every country in asia. Some of this country wants to gain something from it and if not then they will surely ban it. While on the other hand some Asian countries wanted to learn more about this type of currency so they could give a better information to its people in order to protect them. Lastly would be those country who already adopted it and was able to find an abuse or loopholes that can be fatal to its economy
Kasliono

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 01:54:42 AM

In my opinion, It is because only several people know and accept bitcoin, the others still affraid about the risk of bitcoin when you do transacton by using them or just investing on them.
svendoto23

Activity: 218

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 05:24:32 AM

Depends on where or how you use it and it is rarely seen as illegal because no one can regulate/control it . Each country has a different approach on the Cryptocurrency and trying to regulate and make a law to find a way on stopping the fraud/evil use of it .
Japan: It is totally a legal Currency to them and some establishments accept it as a payment or salary
China: Doesn't see it as a legal tender and consider it as illegal and China wants to have a full control of it
Korean: In South Korea they see it as a bubble and can be a way for money Laundering act

and many more

T r a x i o n                                                            TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO
TRANSITIONS YOU TO A CRYPTO-READY SOCIETY       Pre-Sale starts April 15, 2018
Github     Telegram     Medium     Facebook     Twitter     Reddit     Youtube
sunshinelius

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 10:57:52 AM

I am from China, looks like Government never to accept Bitcoin or other coins, while maybe adopt blockchain technology somewhere in a control-manner innernet.  
icol333

Activity: 504
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 06:54:51 AM

Some of the countries in South East Asia that make bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies illegal to be used as their payments. There are a lot of news about the local business being closed because of using the cryptocurrency as their payment.
But as long as the crypto-coins are considered as an investment and exchanged with the local currency, it should be fine.

●     REPME    
██    TWITTER    █ ▌   WHITEPAPER   ▐ █    TELEGRAM    ██
The new WEBSITE will be LAUNCHED on the 1st NOVEMBER
jamesscorpin88

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 01:26:22 AM

As i know, in Japan,China and South Korea Bitcoin is legal. The governments those countries are not scared of  controlling money laundering. Then they ban bitcoin. Some other Asian couturiers like  Kyrgyzstan, Saudi Arabia and Bangladesh , Bitcoin is illegal.  It may be contradictory their social and domestic law.
deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 02:08:29 AM

each in the Asian country has a different understanding about bitcoin.
leaders in Asian countries are afraid if bitcoin could damage the country.
I think that fear should be eliminated from the great leaders.
currently bitcoin image can be said very ugly you know. the government really makes the public view of bitcoin become worse. the government is running this scenario in order for their local currency to survive from the attacks of foreign currency and to avoid the rise of online crime. that's what they told the media why they banned bitcoin. you're right I think we need takes a great leader like a famous investor to tell the media and the world that bitcoin is not as horrible as the government thinks
Kambal2000

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 04:17:26 PM

currently bitcoin image can be said very ugly you know. the government really makes the public view of bitcoin become worse. the government is running this scenario in order for their local currency to survive from the attacks of foreign currency and to avoid the rise of online crime. that's what they told the media why they banned bitcoin. you're right I think we need takes a great leader like a famous investor to tell the media and the world that bitcoin is not as horrible as the government thinks
I am from Asia and bitcoin is not illegal here although our Central banks are disagree about this idea but still we are continuing this process as we are already accepting this innovation from our country, although our country are not yet really in favor as well but still they are opt to this kind of opportunity since they are seeing that a lot of people has change their life because of this.
marcuslong
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 03:32:04 AM

I definitely agree that having good leader is a good ways to let digital currency be implemented, because this will bring good future to the economy due to comfort to be people's financial stability. In fact most of the people now in Asia were having good feedbacks with bitcoin, and why those government economist spreading fud and fake news; that's because of greediness. They don't wanted people to benefit with bitcoin due to it's out of their control and merely brainwashing everyone in the country that it's not a legal mode of currency.
Thyristor

Activity: 471

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 02:20:41 PM

Banning crypto trading in Asian countries won't help the situation at all.Lies and rumours will still circulate just to get that extra dollar in the market.If anything,it will simply just cause the acceptability of Bitcoin to fall in the long run.

Lasvista

Activity: 396
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 03:11:18 PM

Bitcoin is actually illegal though because bitcoin is a decentrelized coin and government can't access or take control of bitcoin , and another reason why bitcoin ban in some country of asia, just because some are saying that bitcoin "cannot be trusted" , lack of knowledge through bitcoin to be more specific. And some medias are talking that they all know , that they have some right amount knowledge through bitcoin but to be honest is lack of knowledge and understanding. Despite the bad image of bitcoin , bitcoin can be trusted at all time, just use bitcoin for something good, be responsible.
tung06081989

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 09:23:24 AM

because goverment want control crypto and want everyone pay tax crypto,but now they can't control crypto so they ban crypto and it illegal
rhamzter

Activity: 420
Merit: 282

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 02:49:30 PM

I am from Asia and bitcoin is not illegal here although our Central banks are disagree about this idea but still we are continuing this process as we are already accepting this innovation from our country, although our country are not yet really in favor as well but still they are opt to this kind of opportunity since they are seeing that a lot of people has change their life because of this.
It was illegal because owning of bitcoin in the Asia was still decentralized, however even this coin is illegal many people are still patronizing this coin for the reasons that they believe to the ability and reputation of this coin. Also for me supporting to this coin even it is illegal was not wrong because for the economy of each country it is really help.
reddolphin

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 02:58:19 PM

some countries can make wrong decisions.because, Bitcoin is not illegal, it is just banned in some asian countries.maybe it can be legal soon.. 
bct9t

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 06:26:30 PM

Yes BTC is illegal in asis ,for money lounging and many other use it as a illegal way ...and there are no permanent address of BTC so govt. can't do anything directly ...that's why it is illegal many country in asia.
West0813

Activity: 504

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 03:46:48 PM

Where did you get this question. I am from asian country. And bitcoin is not illegal here in my country. Please before you ask a question. Verify it first if this is true or not.

stobox
DIGITAL ASSETS ECOSYSTEM
───────  Website ⬝  WhitepaperTwitterFacebookTelegramLinkedin   ───────
MMostaza

Activity: 86

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 10:34:12 AM

Legality by Asian countries:
 +China: Restricted -  Exchanging bitcoins by people is lawful in China.
 +Hong Kong: Yes -  In any case, the power will be firmly viewing the utilisation of bitcoins mainly and its improvement abroad.
 +Indonesia: Restricted - All risks regarding ownership or use of Bitcoin are borne by the owner or user of Bitcoin and other virtual currencies.
 +India:  Restricted - India presumes that Bitcoins can be utilised for hawala exchanges and subsidising terror operations.
 +Israel: Yes - The Israel Bar Association considers the virtual money a fitting type of installment for lawyers.
 +Japan: Yes - You know! sure  Wink
 +Kyrgyzstan: No - According to national law, the use of bitcoin and similar currencies is illegal.
 +Malaysia: Unrecognised -  The national bank won’t direct Bitcoin operations right now, and clients ought to mindful of the dangers connected with bitcoin use.
 +Philippines: Yes -   Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) will be monitoring the possibility of Bitcoin usage in money laundering and other illegal purposes.
 +Russia: No -  In February 2014, Russia’s Prosecutor General’s Office guaranteed that bitcoin is a cash substitute and “can’t be utilised by people or lawful elements.” In September 2014, Deputy Finance Minister Aleksey Moiseev reported that a law will be gone by Spring 2015.
 +Singapore: Yes -  Organisations that have an arrangement with bitcoin money trades will be saddled in light of their offers of bitcoins.
 +South Korea: Yes - There are no regulations in South Korea regulating the utilisation of bitcoin at the moment. On December 12, 2013, the president of the Bank of Korea recommended at a press conference that bitcoin be regulated in the future.
 +Taiwan: No - Alongside China, they have discharged a joint articulation against the utilisation of bitcoin. Truth be told, controllers have even went as far as to piece endeavors of establishment of Robocoin ATM. While bitcoin itself is not illicit, endorsements for bitcoin ATMs have been disallowed.
 +Thailand: No - A Bitcoin startup denied a business permit which was supposedly informed that purchasing and offering bitcoins, utilising bitcoins to purchase or offer merchandise and administrations, and moving bitcoins all through Thailand were all presently unlawful.
 +Vietnam: Restricted - Being one of the rare countries to ban bitcoin outright, the use of bitcoin in Vietnam is restricted. Despite this, there are still some small businesses that accept bitcoin.
 +Turkey: Yes - Bitcoin is not regulated as it is not considered to be electronic money according to the law.
Wow, thanks Crosshair for the detalised info.

This is what I call a perfect detailed answer. Thanks Crosshair!

From August till now some positions has been evolving. This is the case of South Korea, as you were pointing:

https://www.newsbtc.com/2018/02/13/south-korea-mulls-new-crypto-licenses-exchanges/

South Korea is turning softer regarding to crypto currency, and, as far as I know South Korea is located in Asia  Wink

I think the situation of Bitcoin in Asia is quite similar as the situation in all around the world. Some countries are more restrictive than others, but still they are analysing which could be the advantage position for their country.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: