Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:38:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Satoshi Buckets - A game with a winning strategy! 1 BTC GIVEAWAY, 0.3 BTC LEFT.  (Read 9691 times)
bitshy (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 07:53:16 PM
Last edit: June 24, 2013, 10:13:04 PM by bitshy

Come play Satoshi Buckets, a game with a winning strategy! Here's the rules:

• Put your coins in a bucket. Minimum bet is ฿0.005.
  • Every round one bucket falls, if all buckets have at least ฿0.05.
  • The coins in that bucket are distributed among the backers of the other buckets.
  • The buckets that did not fall continue into the next round.
  • Winning buckets can keep winning over and over again!
  • GIVEAWAY: Every day until June 27, one random backer will get ฿0.1!

Click to get the current status:

https://i.imgur.com/9wgIL4a.png

Check current status.

Newbie version of this thread.
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitshy (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 10:40:52 PM

Just a heads up. I changed the minimum amount per round requirement. Now it's only necessary for there to be ฿0.01 in each bucket for a round to be triggered on new block. This means that, at this exact moment, anyone betting on the green bucket has an expected payout of 120%.
KingOfSports

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

Acc bought - used solely for signature testing

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 11:57:22 PM

This is kind of neat. No idea if its going to get much attention but I'll send .01 to try it out shortly  Grin

bitshy (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 12:14:34 AM

Thanks!  Grin
CoinBomb

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2013, 12:26:55 AM

How do the "payout" numbers work? its a bit confusing...

Promote our site for no risk BTC / LTC profit! 1% gross profit, LTC/BTC payments weekly. Click through for more details.
bitshy (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 12:46:09 AM

Thanks for the feedback! I will try to include an explanation on the page.

Here is what the numbers mean. Each payout is a number "x1.1" or "x0.9" or something. You multiply this number by how many Bitcoins you spent. So if you spent "0.01 BTC", a payout of "x1.1" means a payout of "0.011 BTC". Now let me explain what the various payout numbers mean:

• Payout 42% - This is the immediate payout (i.e. this single round's payout) if the red bucket falls (42% chance).
  • Payout 33% - This is the immediate payout (i.e. this single round's payout) if the green bucket falls (33% chance).
  • Payout 25% - This is the immediate payout (i.e. this single round's payout) if the blue bucket falls (25% chance).
  • Short-Term - This is the average immediate payout, taking into account all 3 payouts above.
  • Long-Term - This is the average payout after an indefinite number of rounds. This is calculated via simulation. In this simulation, the value in a fallen bucket is replaced by a minimum bet.
  • Optimistic - This is like Long-Term, but instead of replacing fallen buckets with the minimum bet, we are keeping them the same value. This means we get a larger expected payout. ... But you have to be a little bit optimistic.
bitshy (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 02:17:21 AM

I removed the payout percentage numbers. Is this less confusing?
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 06:28:21 AM

Yay, got my first payout Smiley

Go blue!
Zaih

Activity: 504

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 06:38:54 AM

Cool concept, I really like it. Hopefully more people play so the pool gets a bit bigger Cheesy
bitshy (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 08:34:21 AM

Yay, got my first payout Smiley

Go blue!

Hehehe, congrats!

Cool concept, I really like it. Hopefully more people play so the pool gets a bit bigger Cheesy

Thanks! That would be nice. More people playing it means there is a bit more strategy, too. I'm a fan of games that aren't just pure chance!
bitshy (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 02:12:10 PM

Satoshi Buckets has passed the ten round mark! In the last ten rounds:

• Red won 5 times, with ฿0.10 = $12.91 received total.
  • Green won 8 times, with ฿0.121 = $14.75 received total.
  • Blue won 7 times, with ฿0.071 = $8.65 received total.
Hfleer

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Changing avatars is currently not possible.

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 05:50:53 PM

Satoshi Buckets has passed the ten round mark! In the last ten rounds:

• Red won 5 times, with ฿0.10 = $12.91 received total.
  • Green won 8 times, with ฿0.121 = $14.75 received total.
  • Blue won 7 times, with ฿0.071 = $8.65 received total.

You should add a history of previous bucket falls on the game webpage, and perhaps estimate of when the next round will decide(assuming all buckets are funded).

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Hfleer

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 07:18:45 PM

Thanks for the feedback! I will try to include an explanation on the page.

Here is what the numbers mean. Each payout is a number "x1.1" or "x0.9" or something. You multiply this number by how many Bitcoins you spent. So if you spent "0.01 BTC", a payout of "x1.1" means a payout of "0.011 BTC". Now let me explain what the various payout numbers mean:

from satoshibuckets.bitshy.org:  "A round is triggered every time a new block is mined, as long as each bucket has at least ฿0.01. The bucket that falls depends on the last two hex digits of the mined block: if c0 or higher, the blue bucket falls (probability 64/256); if between 6b and bf, the green bucket falls (probability 85/256); if 6a or lower, the red bucket falls (probability 107/256). Only confirmed transactions over ฿0.01 are part of the round. When a bucket falls: 0.5% of its value is returned to its backers (to signal the fallen bucket), 3% of its value is donated to Bitshy Productions, a transaction fee is paid, and then the remaining value is split in half. Each half is divided equally among the supporters of the other two buckets"

Maybe it would be easier if you change the avg. payouts number to the estimated expected value amount for a .01 bet and/or other various bet amounts placed on that bucket(estimated since future bets could alter it).

edit.

→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
bitshy (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 07:20:27 PM

You should add a history of previous bucket falls on the game webpage, and perhaps estimate of when the next round will decide(assuming all buckets are funded).

Thanks for the feedback! I do want to add a history, soon.

As for next round estimate, I'm afraid it is not quite possible: at any given moment the estimated next round time is around 10 minutes away (when difficulty is adjusted). However, I could do something similar to vanity miner: give the current probability that a round will have already triggered, and tell you when the probability reaches certain milestones (50%, 75%, 90%, etc). For example, "Round probability: 52% (75% in 3 minutes)."

Boelens

Activity: 672

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 07:46:36 PM

This seems like great fun! Go Red and Blue!
Hfleer

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 09:27:01 PM

Thanks for the feedback! I do want to add a history, soon.

As for next round estimate, I'm afraid it is not quite possible: at any given moment the estimated next round time is around 10 minutes away (when difficulty is adjusted). However, I could do something similar to vanity miner: give the current probability that a round will have already triggered, and tell you when the probability reaches certain milestones (50%, 75%, 90%, etc). For example, "Round probability: 52% (75% in 3 minutes)."

Ok, what if you have a timer.  After all the buckets receive at least 1 bet, a 15 minute timer starts.  When timer reaches 0, then the next block decides.  That would allow the pots to get larger, and players will have a better chance of knowing whether or not their bet will make it in a given round.

→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
bitshy (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 09:37:35 PM

I can confirm that block 0000000000000063db17bc3c0d4dcb6b5fd0ba2d0bc0a50fe826f61b6e5e3e83 was accidentally skipped. I was restarting and fixing the Satoshi Buckets daemon when a block fell through. Fortunately the next block, 000000000000013befd159d14fa549c52d5e9dbc1596e0ed254e742b31b4e38c falls in the same range, so nothing was affected.

Full disclosure: The design for Satoshi Buckets is provably fair, unless some block is missed. I, the administrator, could theoretically have set up the server so that I decide which blocks are acted on, and which ones are missed, in order to manipulate which buckets fall. I don't do this, and I won't do this, and I don't have time to engage in such actions when there are real features to implement and other software to write.

The only way to make Satoshi Buckets completely provably fair is to make it go back and check every block that has happened. This feature is a little bit beyond my capabilities right now. So to mitigate the possibility for abuse, I will try to keep Satoshi Buckets from missing any blocks, and I make the following pledge: From now on, if I ever add money to any bucket, I will add the same amount of money to all the buckets. (As a donation to players, and to keep the rounds coming.) This way there is no incentive for me to manipulate the buckets (which I won't do, either).

My main address is 1Ftr7B5U4DVsCh1q2mh3XLmH25XeeU7P9F. I use the address below (in my signature) only to receive donations to Bitshy Productions.
bitshy (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 01:08:32 AM

Bug in calculating transaction fees caused blue bucket not to fall on block 00000000000001245368c5bd7af28e67a97dff2ad001e895d816d862a98103e1. Instead, red bucket fell on the next block. Bug has been fixed, and a reimbursement has been issued to the lone backer of the red bucket: 19SkgDGkD7GGcCtLMxQzToHBJm37fcBLLE.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 01:14:49 AM

The blue bucket has made me so much profit so far Cheesy
KingOfSports

Activity: 602