Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:14:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]Metaverse|decentralised open platform of digital assets & digital identity  (Read 66959 times)
imtav

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 03:01:40 AM

pnbamania is a liar and is currently DDoSing  metaverse.farm because his pool is effectively stealing over half the rewards. His block payout is less than 2.85 and he charges extortionate fees. His image shows my payouts, which I paid for with nicehash. I have the CSV available and you can confirm this with nicehash.

STOP MINING AT CRYPTOPOOLPOND... SCAMMER

HERE ARE THE CSV EXPORTS https://ufile.io/9j8ey

PNBAMANIA IS SCAMMING YOU BY STEALING NEARLY 2%

AT METAVERSE.FARM YOU EARN NEARLY TWICE AS MUCH PER GH

If anyone does the math on cryptopoolpond.com, you can tell the model is not sustainable and is a scam.  Even if everyone always pays 1%, the pool hash is not high enough for him to pay a 5 ETP daily reward from his pool fee.  I find it difficult to believe he just wants to give money away as an act of charity.
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Yohow

Activity: 66

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 03:04:11 AM

I dont know what you guys drink but we posted this info on 25 october. Why all pools still not fixed this problem? I can confirm that in the past there was a problem with cryptopoolpond, they did not pay correct amount to miners.

So... What is the best Metaverse pool for now? Dodopool or Sandpool better? Many thanks in advance.
Artemsv

Activity: 756
Merit: 269

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 08:53:06 AM

Metaverse Foundation Officially Announces Investment in Maverick Chain on Nov, 22

The objective of the Metaverse Foundation is to maintain the smooth operation of the Metaverse blockchain, as well as invest in and guide the development of each link of the industry value chain derived from the Metaverse blockchain in order to create a rich, robust Metaverse ecosystem. Since its establishment, the Metaverse Foundation has invested aggressively in the blockchain sector and has now successfully established investment and cooperation ties with various projects and enterprises both at home and abroad. Currently, the Metaverse Foundation will direct its investment efforts towards expanding promising emerging blockchain projects, with a focus on digital identities and BaaS services. This round of investments in Maverick Chain represents another important step taken by the Metaverse Foundation towards enhancing the Metaverse ecosystem and the vitality of its community.

Maverick Chain provides a complete technology solutions package encompassing asset transfer, issuance, trading and ownership validation processes. Through blockchain technology and smart contract protocols, it supports users looking to issue traditional assets in the digital currency market. At the same time, the Maverick System serves as a bridge between blockchain and non-blockchain assets, allowing digital assets to be registered on-chain rapidly. Simply put, it will allow Internet companies to begin seamlessly trading their troken on Maverick Chain’s platform.

The Maverick Chain team has established a Global Development Department in Europe, and has quickly gathered a foreign community exceeding 100,000 members. Its token MVC has been listed on three major overseas exchanges: Yobit, EtherDelta, and Coin2Coin.
In September this year, Metaverse formally released its Digital Identity White Paper and proposed the concept of BaaS (Blockchain as a Service) — a blockchain delivery model allowing enterprises or individuals to customize blockchain services provided by blockchain solutions providers to fit their actual needs.

We believe that digital identities and BaaS use cases will impact the insurance, borrowing, audit and credit rating industries. This investment in Maverick will continue to enhance our digital identity system and expand the range of infrastructure services provided by the Metaverse Blockchain, allowing more users and enterprises to enjoy convenient blockchain services.

https://medium.com/@mvs_org/metaverse-foundation-officially-announces-investment-in-maverick-chain-on-nov-22-f3ea60230455
vlight

Activity: 656
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 08:25:53 PM
Last edit: November 23, 2017, 09:38:58 PM by vlight

The Metaverse Light Wallet Beta is live!

Very good. But also please add the option to use custom seed. Thanks.
metaverse-project (OP)

Activity: 185

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 05:21:44 AM

The Metaverse Light Wallet Beta is live!

Very good. But also please add the option to use custom seed. Thanks.
Custom seed? Could you please explain it more?
vlight

Activity: 656
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 07:04:22 AM

Right now it is only possible to use a seed that is generated automatically by the webwallet. It would be great if it was possible to use our own generated seed(using our own 24 words).
metaverse-project (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 07:54:28 AM

Right now it is only possible to use a seed that is generated automatically by the webwallet. It would be great if it was possible to use our own generated seed(using our own 24 words).
aha, I see. Do you have any example for this?
metaverse-project (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 09:41:47 AM

Metaverse Wallet Recommendation

Currently, there are three wallets available to users who wish to store ETP: (1) the Metaverse Wallet, (2) Metaverse Light wallet, and (3) TokenMaster
Unlike physical wallets, ETP and other tokens are not actually stored in any wallet applications – they are stored on the Metaverse blockchain, a public distributed ledger. To prove ownership of and spend tokens, users must sign their transactions with their private key (usually difficult to memorize and type out); this is what may be stored in wallets. Hence, wallet applications make it easier for users to manage their tokens and addresses.
Metaverse provides users with a 24-word phrase called the mnemonic (“backup words”or “private keys”) that allows users to recover their wallet should they change devices or lose their login information. Again, this is possible because their tokens are not stored in wallets but on the blockchain. Therefore, it is very important for users to keep these 24 menmonic words correctly and safely.
The next section will briefly explain the differences between Metaverse’s three wallets, which should help users choose the wallet that best suits their needs.

1.   Metaverse Full-node Wallet (MVSD)
This is a desktop based wallet that downloads the entire blockchain and is the safest way to store your coins. The Metaverse full-node wallet (MVSD) can run on Mac, Windows and Linux systems. Your private keys are stored on your desktop. There are two versions of the MVSD installation package for Mac and Windows systems: one is a normal package that requires the entire blockchain to be synced after you install the wallet; the other is a blockdata-inside version which requires shorter sync times.
The full-node wallet supports transfer, deposit and asset issuance functions. To get started, please visit the tutorials available on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwRajCOgaRU&list=PLinkmrBZQni9UwD2agxHqFqQuYshtfTDM

2.   Metaverse Light Wallet
The Metaverse Light Wallet is an SPV wallet that was launched on 22 Nov, 2017. Users can enter the light wallet through their browser to access asset transfer and management functions conveniently and simply, without having to download blocks to their local environment.
Users are able to instantly access their assets if they have previously created a Metaverse Wallet account through a .json file generated from a user’s mnemonics that is used for login purposes.
Light wallets are secure, as information from the private key file never leaves the users’ browser. All transactions are signed within the browser, and only signed transactions will be broadcasted to the network.
A mobile app will be developed for the Metaverse light wallet in the near future.
Try it at: https://www.myetpwallet.com

3.   TokenMaster
TokenMaster is a mobile wallet app (currently only available to Chinese users) that supports multiple
cryptocurrencies, including ETP. It is currently available on Android and iOS devices.

metaverse-project (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 01:42:03 PM

Progress Report  – (13th Nov. 2017 – 24th  Nov. 2017)

Introduction
Metaverse is a public blockchain project that aims to provide decentralized services based on digital assets, digital identity and value intermediaries in order to build an open ecosystem in which digital value can be freely circulated. Detailed information can be found in our white paper

Fortnight in Review

Development

•   Light Wallet Development Progress
Metaverse has officially released a light wallet beta at https://www.myetpwallet.com/. The wallet is an SPV client and is accessible through your browser. Unlike the full node wallet, the Light Wallet does not require users to sync the entire blocks and has a simple user interface that allows users to easily manage their digital assets while on-the-go.

•   Metaverse full-node wallet
Enhancement of MVSD, Metaverse’s full-node wallet, continues. The following changes have been developed:
-   Added an offline transaction signing function. This function is unavailable through the MVSD GUI; it is only available for createrawtx/signrawtx/decoderawtx/sendrawtx RPC calls.
-   Accounts are no longer created when users input incorrect mnemonic words
-   Fixed issues with deposit unfreezing estimate date
-   Optimized performance of the getnewaddress RPC call. Irrelevant to the MVSD GUI.
-   Add locked_height_range fields during transaction output of RPC calls to recognize the stored transaction

•   Metaverse Official Website Redesign
Metaverse has redesigned its official website. Two pages have been added:  Metaverse Foundation and Development Documents. Please visit the official website at: https://mvs.org ; all related development documents can be found at: http://docs.mvs.org/docs/ ;

Community Events
•   Soliciting Articles
We’ve seen many videos and in-depth analyses about Metaverse and we believe that many more interesting perspectives have yet to be shared. As such, Metaverse has launched a long-running community event that will reward content creators – find the details here!

Metaverse Foundation
•   The Metaverse Foundation has invested in Maverick Chain, a project which aims to simplify blockchain-based development and trading.
•   Eric, the founder of Metaverse Foundation, was invited to attend the DVN CEO summit hosted by the Draper Venture Network (DVN) from November 15–17,2017.
•   The Foundation has also established a bounty program. There are two types of bounties available: one is a developer bounty, while the other rewards community contributors.  Read more about it here and participate actively!

Other information
•   Head of Global Development, Janice Shi, recently participated in a panel discussion at the renowned Fudan University with other Fintech and Blockchain experts. Find more details here (https://medium.com/@mvs_org/metaverse-at-fudan-university-70c22af78b3)
•   Metaverse attended the 8th Caixin Summit, a prestigious conference that brings together entrepreneurs and elites from both traditional financial institutions and emerging internet enterprises. Find more details here
•   Metaverse will be holding its very first meetup in Korea on 1 December, 2017! If you are in town and would like to join us, visit the official Korean community’s Discord channel and sign up there (https://t.co/axI7DEqMyy).
dodopool

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

dodopool.com operator

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2017, 06:52:06 PM

I dont know what you guys drink but we posted this info on 25 october. Why all pools still not fixed this problem? I can confirm that in the past there was a problem with cryptopoolpond, they did not pay correct amount to miners.

So... What is the best Metaverse pool for now? Dodopool or Sandpool better? Many thanks in advance.

Hi, I am the operator of dodopool, you can probably guess Tongue
It'd be shameless of me to tell my pool is better here. Try them and see which one suits your needs better.

I have to mention I had a few chats with sandpool operator on slack, he sounds like a decent guy and I got nothing bad to say about him.

irlandescoin

Activity: 567
Merit: 502

Hey yo let's go

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 12:15:52 AM

how can I get paid in that pool?

http://etp.altpool.pro/

I am kinda confuse how I get paid, on ethermine it is very simple to setup the wallet payment.

on this pool I cant do it.

back here after the boom in 2013
xenomorphe1

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 07:57:50 PM

The ETP wallet version 0.7.1 does not work. I had a problem when launching the wallet, it just couldn't start. I reinstalled ETP wallet.
Then i tried to restore the wallet with mnemonic but it displays 0 address and a balance of 0. And i can't create a new address. I will wait for the next update of the wallet to try again... They have a problem in their wallets. The light wallet doesn't work too. It displays the transactions but with 0 amount and the wallet is at 0... So i suppose i didn't put a false mnemonic as there was transactions in the wallet. In the blockchain explorer, the amount of ETP is still at the initial address of the wallet.
maomew

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 06:33:47 AM

ETP is steadily rising from the bottoms. Partnerships with big companies like Draper and many others has brought ETP to a whole new level. this is definitely one of the most undervalued coin now with huge potential. time will tell Smiley
dodopool

dodopool.com operator

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2017, 08:57:55 AM

aha, I see. Do you have any example for this?

I don't think this is possible on a decentralised chain. Your private key (or seed words) has to be unique across the network. The auto generating algorithm used is a deterministic random one. Meaning someone else will not accidentally get your private key. If a network allows user generated private key, then there has to be a central place where you "submit" your private key to, and then this central place checks if your key is unique or not. (not sure but may be possible with masternodes?)

Also this should not be allowed in any case, because you know what? users are stupid Smiley People will try to generate seeds called "seed" or "secret password 123"

In any case it is too much buck for very little to no bang

alexvilis

Activity: 588
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 02:07:01 PM

Metaverse Blockchain Express (20/11/2017~26/11/2017)
https://medium.com/@mvs_org/metaverse-blockchain-express-20-11-2017-26-11-2017-b61a60f5329d
metaverse-project (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 03:06:09 AM

The ETP wallet version 0.7.1 does not work. I had a problem when launching the wallet, it just couldn't start. I reinstalled ETP wallet.
Then i tried to restore the wallet with mnemonic but it displays 0 address and a balance of 0. And i can't create a new address. I will wait for the next update of the wallet to try again... They have a problem in their wallets. The light wallet doesn't work too. It displays the transactions but with 0 amount and the wallet is at 0... So i suppose i didn't put a false mnemonic as there was transactions in the wallet. In the blockchain explorer, the amount of ETP is still at the initial address of the wallet.

Hi there, please go to slack to have a detail talk with admin who might help you for the issue.
Slack address:http://metaverse-prject.herokuapp.com/
Artemsv

Activity: 756
Merit: 269

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 08:05:57 AM

Metaverse is a decentralised platform based on blockchain technology. Metaverse is building a web of Smart Properties and establishing an open ecosystem in which digital value can be circulated freely.

Eric Gu explains Metaverse
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpyIj5hpUSQ&feature=youtu.be
conceptbuff

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 10:43:45 AM

I think this project will make sence. Just following.
dodopool

dodopool.com operator

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2017, 06:56:35 PM

Current issues / my concerns about Metaverse

1-) Consensus / Orphans / Block chain security
Given the low hash rate at the moment some big miners/pools are dropping nodes, creating longer chains and submit replacing these blocks some 8-10 minutes after a block is mined. Sometimes they do replace 10 blocks at a time, ignoring any transactions and/or confirmations inside these blocks. This is at the moment only used as a mining advantage and they are not messing with transactions but it also mean they can if they want to.

Thanks to the orphans created this way network wide orphan rate on metaverse is over 10% some days. A developer of metaverse I helped to test the issue with (on slack) acknowledged the issue, but that was almost 15 days ago, with no-one addressing or fixing the issue.

Conclusion:
So security of the blockchain is not a priority for metaverse (apparently)

2- Difficulty algorithm / re-targeting / deposit freezing times
I posted following on slack on 20th of November (only 8 days ago)
are you going to fix the difficulty algorithm in next wallet release? the block time is increasing about 1 second every month.
average block time between blocks: 727042 - 729042 (todays block up until now) was 33.7005 seconds
average block time was 31 seconds in the beginning of october
this keeps lowering mining rewards and pushes "lock" periods further away.
1.7 seconds is a huge deal if you think there are about 3000 blocks every day. (3000 x 1.7 = 5100 seconds = 85 minutes per day!)

response in a a private message from metaverse was
Hello, Kali. The network fixing version will be released soon(probably next week), while for the difficulty algorithm, it'll be fixed in the next big version wallet, which assumes taking 3 months.

So freezing times you see in the wallet is increasing by 85 minutes every day, and mining income is decreasing accordingly.

Today I checked the block times again (you can also go to explorer and verify these times)
Since midday until this post today:
Block : 749300 28/11/2017 13:42:50
Block : 749776 28/11/2017 18:19:47
Average block time 34.9 seconds, That is 1.2 seconds increase per block in just 10 days!

People already (rightly) complain about freeze times are being way off the promised times. If block times keep increasing at this rate, current 1 year freezes will not unfreeze in less than 4 years.
Conclusion:
Miners, (indirectly hashrate, and security of the network) or investors freezing their coins are not a priority for metaverse

metaverse-project (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 06:02:04 AM

Current issues / my concerns about Metaverse

1-) Consensus / Orphans / Block chain security
Given the low hash rate at the moment some big miners/pools are dropping nodes, creating longer chains and submit replacing these blocks some 8-10 minutes after a block is mined. Sometimes they do replace 10 blocks at a time, ignoring any transactions and/or confirmations inside these blocks. This is at the moment only used as a mining advantage and they are not messing with transactions but it also mean they can if they want to.

Thanks to the orphans created this way network wide orphan rate on metaverse is over 10% some days. A developer of metaverse I helped to test the issue with (on slack) acknowledged the issue, but that was almost 15 days ago, with no-one addressing or fixing the issue.

Conclusion:
So security of the blockchain is not a priority for metaverse (apparently)

2- Difficulty algorithm / re-targeting / deposit freezing times
I posted following on slack on 20th of November (only 8 days ago)
are you going to fix the difficulty algorithm in next wallet release? the block time is increasing about 1 second every month.
average block time between blocks: 727042 - 729042 (todays block up until now) was 33.7005 seconds
average block time was 31 seconds in the beginning of october
this keeps lowering mining rewards and pushes "lock" periods further away.
1.7 seconds is a huge deal if you think there are about 3000 blocks every day. (3000 x 1.7 = 5100 seconds = 85 minutes per day!)

response in a a private message from metaverse was
Hello, Kali. The network fixing version will be released soon(probably next week), while for the difficulty algorithm, it'll be fixed in the next big version wallet, which assumes taking 3 months.

So freezing times you see in the wallet is increasing by 85 minutes every day, and mining income is decreasing accordingly.

Today I checked the block times again (you can also go to explorer and verify these times)
Since midday until this post today:
Block : 749300 28/11/2017 13:42:50
Block : 749776 28/11/2017 18:19:47
Average block time 34.9 seconds, That is 1.2 seconds increase per block in just 10 days!

People already (rightly) complain about freeze times are being way off the promised times. If block times keep increasing at this rate, current 1 year freezes will not unfreeze in less than 4 years.
Conclusion:
Miners, (indirectly hashrate, and security of the network) or investors freezing their coins are not a priority for metaverse
Hello there.
For your first concern, the issue will be addressed in next version full-node wallet which is coming soon.
About the second concern, please calculate these days generated time again, you would find out the time speed decreases by more than 1 second.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: