Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:36:26 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: *New PCI-E Based ASIC miners 1.2th/s - 1.9th's +\- 10%*  (Read 41459 times)
cp1

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 04:52:19 PM

The numbers doesn't quiet add up to me, I'm tired so excuse me if it's off and using rough math.

1 Avalon Chip does about 280 MH/s and uses about 1.9W.

To have a board do between 1.2TH/s and 1.9TH/s, you'd need between 4000 and 4500 Chips.

With that many chips required per board;
You not bought enough to do about 2 boards (you stated buying 10,000 Chips).
Which apparently each one would need in the region of 8000 Watts
This is you ignore the fact your suggesting you can fit that many chips on a board (or even a multi-layer boards), designed for a PCI-E slot.

So simply put, your numbers don't make sense.

Maybe he meant +/- 100000% instead of 10%

Guide to armory offline install on USB key:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241730.0
cp1

Activity: 616

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 04:54:17 PM

It looks like someone already fell for it.

https://blockchain.info/address/1CkhnDPQpK5CiQWf8r6WfVwet5F7Kozu7C

Guide to armory offline install on USB key:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241730.0
icebear888

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 05:01:56 PM

I have sent my 2BTC

Im taking the chance.

I believe Jon is authentic.
Lethos

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Keep it Simple. Every Bit Matters.

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2013, 05:09:03 PM

The numbers doesn't quiet add up to me, I'm tired so excuse me if it's off and using rough math.

1 Avalon Chip does about 280 MH/s and uses about 1.9W.

To have a board do between 1.2TH/s and 1.9TH/s, you'd need between 4000 and 4500 Chips.

With that many chips required per board;
You not bought enough to do about 2 boards (you stated buying 10,000 Chips).
Which apparently each one would need in the region of 8000 Watts
This is you ignore the fact your suggesting you can fit that many chips on a board (or even a multi-layer boards), designed for a PCI-E slot.

So simply put, your numbers don't make sense.

Now I'm a bit more awake, lets see how things went wrong for you in your numbers.

They ordered 150 boards and 10,000 Chips.
That is 66.6 Chips per board, and there is some 64 Chip board designs floating around if I remember rightly.
So lets make a little assumption here, what could they do with 64 chips per board.

If you used a 64 Chip design, for the board, that would be:
Hash Rate: ~18GH/s
Power: ~125 Watts *1
Board Design: Single sided PCB could fit 64 chips *2

*1 - A single molex connector makes sense at this wattage.
*2 - Klondike with 16 Chips is a 10x10cm design. Fitting 64 into 9x31cm pci-express board would be possible with some optimisation.

So in conclusion VPSguy, instead of getting annoyed that people are "trolling" you, realise you made a mistake in your numbers.
Which by the way, vary a lot through out your original post. That is why your being questioned so much.
A 64 Chip design looks rather close to your upper limit when you scale it down to being 100 times smaller. Oops.

Anyone hoping to getting the speed they promise, will be sorely disappointed. It's either a scam or their entire team, doesn't realise what they doing so badly that their "150 combined years of experience" didn't realise the math failure.

Tomintx

Activity: 69

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 05:14:38 PM

I have sent my 2BTC

Im taking the chance.

Do the math.

1.2TH/s = 1.2E12

280MH/s = 280E6

1.2E12/280E6 = 4285.7 Avalon ASIC chips required.  Per board.

greaterninja

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 05:22:53 PM

this smells of scam because the OP does not spell out the proper job tiles and even the device properly.  and secondly 1TH for a PCI-E card is extremely hard to believe.

snowcrashed

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 06:22:24 PM
Last edit: May 23, 2013, 06:36:43 PM by snowcrashed

Even if the OP meant Gh and not Th, why would anyone trust someone who so easily confuses two extremely different values?  Especially when said person is claiming to be from a team of engineers with 150 years of experience.

Poor grammar? check
Poor spelling? check
No evidence of existing product? check
No proof of concept? check
No identifying information? check
Ignoring questions? check

So far the only thing this guy has going for him in terms of authenticity is the poweredbyamd.com email address instead of gmail/yahoo.  And that domain is hosted by godaddy.com.  A simple whois shows the owner's full name/address/telephone number.  Makes me wonder why OP didn't fully identify himself to begin with (also makes me wonder what in the world this poweredbyamd.com website is about).

Can't believe someone was silly enough to send this guy 2BTC.. then again, it is the internet.
Gomeler

Activity: 697

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 06:32:16 PM

Even if the OP meant Gh and not Th, why would anyone trust someone who so easily confuses two extremely different values?  Especially when said person is claiming to be from a team of engineers with 150 years of experience.

Poor grammar? check
Poor spelling? check
No evidence of existing product? check
No proof of concept? check
No identifying information? check
Ignoring questions? check

So far the only thing this guy has going for him is the poweredbyamd.com email address.  Can't believe someone was silly enough to send this guy 2BTC.. then again, it is the internet.

From what I can tell, poweredbyamd is not affiliated with AMD in any way.
snowcrashed

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 06:37:08 PM

Yeah was just editing to include some extra info.  Some google sleuthing shows the registrant of poweredbyamd.com to possibly be a paramedic (linkedin) and poweredbyamd.com to be "your one stop place for anything and everything related to AMD and AMD ATI Products" (twitter).  I wonder how this guy's "company" is making the transition from AMD reseller to ASIC miner manufacturer....
knybe

Activity: 658

decentralize EVERYTHING...

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 07:50:40 PM

I'm just curious why the bitcoin space is so rife with scams?
KS

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 08:09:34 PM

I have sent my 2BTC

Im taking the chance.

Is this the first or second post after the newbie cafe? I'm really interested in plotting the number of newbies correlated to these kinds of announcements...
ewitte

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 08:09:58 PM

I wish I could use virtual BTC for virtual products that don't exist.  Will you take an IOU?  I'll forward it to you as soon as I get a product mining.

Donations
BTC - 13Lgy6fb4d3nSYEf2nkgBgyBkkhPw8zkPd
LTC - LegzRwyc2Xhu8cqvaW2jwRrqSnhyaYU6gZ
VPSguy83 (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 09:31:02 PM

Due to the Volume of e-mails and payments Please bear with me while i address everyone individually. 

i'm sorry about the confusion in the hash rate but its 1900gh/s - 2100gh/s for half the cost of the 50gh/s BFL miner.... BFL has a 1500gh/s mini rig bitbuster, but there out of stock and have been for awhile now, so when you think about it at around 1400 - 1600$ per board your getting a product thats half the price of their 50gh/s miner...

And once again please bear with me while i respond to all e-mails and enter all the payments into the database, will be posting an API website which will show the amount of people who have sent in 2 BTC's.

I have had a lot of request for Real money instead of BTC's I will accept western union current price for 2 btc's is 260.6 USD any fee's involved in sending western union can be taken out of the transfer so your not spending extra to send money!
Caesium

Activity: 546

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 09:32:41 PM

i'm sorry about the confusion in the hash rate but its 1900gh/s - 2100gh/s for half the cost of the 50gh/s BFL miner.... BFL has a 1500gh/s mini rig bitbuster, but there out of stock and have been for awhile now, so when you think about it at around 1400 - 1600$ per board your getting a product thats half the price of their 50gh/s miner...

We don't believe you.

Also FWIW they've abandoned the 1500GH/s rig and changed it into a 500GH/s from what I've read.

You saying you'll succeed where they failed? For a much lower price?

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
A Meteorite

Activity: 120

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2013, 09:33:14 PM

Due to the Volume of e-mails and payments Please bear with me while i address everyone individually.  

And once again please bear with me while i respond to all e-mails and enter all the payments into the database, will be posting an API website which will show the amount of people who have sent in 2 BTC's.

I have had a lot of request for Real money instead of BTC's I will accept western union current price for 2 btc's is 260.6 USD any fee's involved in sending western union can be taken out of the transfer so your not spending extra to send money!
Really? You could at least try to make your scam believable.

Outlandish claims? Check.
Claims of huge interest despite only one 2 BTC transaction? Check.
Offering Western Union (also irreversible)? Check.

BTC: 1MeTeorfxZNsY6gJDBtrF8JA8KEv6SKGUmLTC: Lejxgou6hUkjupF6RoruxJGG9AQ7t3ovYt
VPSguy83 (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 10:11:49 PM

I never said i was a engineer, nor a chip designer My team Has the experience.  I have spent almost 30k of my own money out of pocket to develop these chips. 

As to the poweredbyamd.com It is my side business, i build a shit ton of Custom computers for people using AMD CPU's and GPU's.  I am a authorized Vendor.

once again troll all you like, but the product is real, and when the first batch comes out you all can go cry yourselves to sleep while your still waiting for a 2500$ 50gh/s miner.... 

Next Friday we will be receiving 5 of the newly adjusted cards.   I will post video's and screen shots of the hash rate's and all specs.  So those of you who paid 2500$ for your 50gh/s BFL miner and still have not received it yet when our pci-e asics are the same as or better than the 1500gh/s 5000$ BFL bitblockers, when our products will be just as fast or faster with stock in hand, don't come crying begging for your board.  You will not be buying from us.  Every troll on this thread will be denied access to our products.  BFL labs are run by kids.  Who have a shady business,  Full payments up front without a time frame for delivery... I think all of you are ID-10-T's.  WE will guarantee delivery by a certain date depending on what shipping you choose. 

Also those of you who are calling me a scam artist, i will do everything in my power to deny you products, so go ahead and spend your 2500 - 5000$ on your BFL miners and hope you receive them within 6 months with no possibility of a refund from them... We wont need your business, at that point. Nor will we want it.

Those of you who are opting in for the buy-in round will be greatly rewarded when your busting blocks on your own.  And receiving 80% of the found block from the 25 units we will be running on our own closed pool, distributed evenly over the course of 30 days.  That is the bonus were offering to help us order larger amounts of boards to bring down cost and be able to deliver in a prompt and timely manner and pass on the savings to those select 50...

::popcorn::
VPSguy83 (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 10:17:20 PM

Really? You could at least try to make your scam believable.

Outlandish claims? Check.
Claims of huge interest despite only one 2 BTC transaction? Check.
Offering Western Union (also irreversible)? Check.

Just because you dont see the btc's does not mean i dont have about 60 e-mails in my inbox... You Internet dweebz.  Just becaue you read some articles on the web does not make you a professional... Nor any relevant insight as to what your talking about!

just wait for next friday sat.  Then i will sit back and watch all the OMG I WANT ONE remarks and apologies.. 
Mushoz

Activity: 686

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2013, 10:17:35 PM

Obvious scam. As people already pointed out in this thread, the numbers do _not_ add up. Don't send him any money.

www.bitbuy.nl - Koop eenvoudig, snel en goedkoop bitcoins bij Bitbuy!
server
Legendary

Activity: 892
Merit: 1002

1 BTC =1 BTC

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 10:18:34 PM

I never said i was a engineer, nor a chip designer My team Has the experience.  I have spent almost 30k of my own money out of pocket to develop these chips. 

As to the poweredbyamd.com It is my side business, i build a shit ton of Custom computers for people using AMD CPU's and GPU's.  I am a authorized Vendor.

once again troll all you like, but the product is real, and when the first batch comes out you all can go cry yourselves to sleep while your still waiting for a 2500$ 50gh/s miner.... 

Next Friday we will be receiving 5 of the newly adjusted cards.   I will post video's and screen shots of the hash rate's and all specs.  So those of you who paid 2500$ for your 50gh/s BFL miner and still have not received it yet when our pci-e asics are the same as or better than the 1500gh/s 5000$ BFL bitblockers, when our products will be just as fast or faster with stock in hand, don't come crying begging for your board.  You will not be buying from us.  Every troll on this thread will be denied access to our products.  BFL labs are run by kids.  Who have a shady business,  Full payments up front without a time frame for delivery... I think all of you are ID-10-T's.  WE will guarantee delivery by a certain date depending on what shipping you choose. 

Also those of you who are calling me a scam artist, i will do everything in my power to deny you products, so go ahead and spend your 2500 - 5000$ on your BFL miners and hope you receive them within 6 months with no possibility of a refund from them... We wont need your business, at that point. Nor will we want it.

Those of you who are opting in for the buy-in round will be greatly rewarded when your busting blocks on your own.  And receiving 80% of the found block from the 25 units we will be running on our own closed pool, distributed evenly over the course of 30 days.  That is the bonus were offering to help us order larger amounts of boards to bring down cost and be able to deliver in a prompt and timely manner and pass on the savings to those select 50...

::popcorn::

You're a scammer.

Your fipo states "Our PCI-e ASIC miners are based on the avalon CHIP (we ordered 10,000 of them)."

and now "I have spent almost 30k of my own money out of pocket to develop these chips."

Bad bad scammer.

davecoin

Activity: 816
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 10:20:33 PM
Last edit: May 23, 2013, 10:31:14 PM by davecoin

This shit is getting so toxic.  Makes me feel bad for people just getting excited about mining.

edit: I found a mockup up the unannounced 75 GH/s version:

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: