Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:51:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: *New PCI-E Based ASIC miners 1.2th/s - 1.9th's +\- 10%*  (Read 41457 times)
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 04:57:43 AM

I'm an investor in this project, not just 2btc.  Somewhere in this sea of asic scams there must be someone with integrity, wouldn't you think?  You have to spend money to make money and sometimes you take loses.  BFL for example is a huge loss for many miners.  Espessially considering the quickly advancing technology.

For as many people there are to say scam there will be a greater amount smart enough to have faith and confidence in people trying to build a better project.  On a side note- as suspicious as the numbers may seem, you can't expect all the technical details of this device to be publicized.  For what I see as obvious reasons.  When my card arrives Friday I'll be posting /photos/screenshots as well. 

No one here is able to say that they should be able to fund this project on their own no matter the cost.  Circumstances are different for as all.   If anything I would say people should be happy their being offered an early chance at groundbreaking technology.  When someone is yelling at someone because they are sharing an opportunity rather than keeping for themselves,  it shows weakness, envy, jealousy.   Be strong people.  We should be united as miners and as those that participate in a revolutionary concept.  Lets embrace that and support one another.

So in other words...."give me your money because you need to support and embrace me as a fellow miner"

Laughable. Are these sockpuppets the best you guys got?  Cheesy

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

snowcrashed

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 05:00:39 AM

In case anyone wants to contact him for further info on his wonderful devices:

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, LLC (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: POWEREDBYAMD.COM
 Administrative Contact:
      Tibbetts, Jonathan  jont@poweredbyamd.com
      Durham NC
      Durham, North Carolina 27713
      United States
      +1.9194506225

If you feel like tweeting him: https://twitter.com/jmtibbetts83

And for all you ladies out there: http://www.speeddate.com/personals-in-durham-north-carolina-united-states/10878247/jon-tibbetts.html
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 05:01:03 AM

I'm an investor in this project, not just 2btc.  Somewhere in this sea of asic scams there must be someone with integrity, wouldn't you think?  You have to spend money to make money and sometimes you take loses.  BFL for example is a huge loss for many miners.  Espessially considering the quickly advancing technology.

For as many people there are to say scam there will be a greater amount smart enough to have faith and confidence in people trying to build a better project.  On a side note- as suspicious as the numbers may seem, you can't expect all the technical details of this device to be publicized.  For what I see as obvious reasons.  When my card arrives Friday I'll be posting /photos/screenshots as well.  

No one here is able to say that they should be able to fund this project on their own no matter the cost.  Circumstances are different for as all.   If anything I would say people should be happy their being offered an early chance at groundbreaking technology.  When someone is yelling at someone because they are sharing an opportunity rather than keeping for themselves,  it shows weakness, envy, jealousy.   Be strong people.  We should be united as miners and as those that participate in a revolutionary concept.  Lets embrace that and support one another.
Sock puppet #2 makes its appearance!

This isn't even a very good scam setup.

10,000 Avalon chips haven't even been made yet and your card comes Friday? Right. I think not. Cue: "just the card is coming, not the chips".

Laf~ do your fucking home work you fucking pubbie tween troll. https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/1860-we-just-got-fucked-avalon-selling-tons-asics-chips-~25$-per-gigahash-~6w-ghs-2.html

On a second note there are only 15 slots left.  So thank you to 35 people (well a little less than 35 people as i made a few exceptions for a couple of people.)

I am trying to get responses back to all the e-mails.  When you receive your e-mail from me please call my number instead of communicating through e-mail.   I'm totally overwhelmed at the moment, so if you can't wait until i get back to you in order to ensure your spot, just send the 2 BTC's and and a prompt e-mail to info@poweredbyamd.com, i will be able to respond and see your transaction faster to get you on the list, after the remaining 15 slots are filled, any BTC's that came after the last slot is picked up will be refunded immediately. 

Last 15 slot address : 1HD5drkLSsy6iCL2RjEqwMYpLYa2HRX6Du

Thanks for all the support from the non haters, and all the support from other forums (even though i didn't post there).

Troll all you like but when you see the results you can cry yourselves to sleep, and i will be drinking up your delicious tears.

-Jon

"SO ACT NOW BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!"

Grin Grin Grin

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 05:01:26 AM

In case anyone wants to contact him for further info on his wonderful devices:

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, LLC (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: POWEREDBYAMD.COM
 Administrative Contact:
      Tibbetts, Jonathan  jont@poweredbyamd.com
      Durham NC
      Durham, North Carolina 27713
      United States
      +1.9194506225

If you feel like tweeting him: https://twitter.com/jmtibbetts83

And for all you ladies out there: http://www.speeddate.com/personals-in-durham-north-carolina-united-states/10878247/jon-tibbetts.html

LOLz. This is getting interesting...

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 05:02:54 AM

Hey Jon,

Perhaps if you got off of the bitcointalk forums and attempting to scam others you could find yourself a pretty decent broad to take your focus away from fucking people to fucking her.

Happy "fishing"!  Wink Wink Wink

http://www.speeddate.com/personals-in-durham-north-carolina-united-states/10878247/jon-tibbetts.html

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

ks3rv3rg

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 04:47:59 PM

Any of you ever consider that the level of transparency from the OP is a good thing?  If he openly shares who he is wouldn't that show some commitment to legitimacy?  Just a thought.  I'm looking forward to you "hero" folks eatting your words.   Nice to see people here are so consumed with anger and paranoia that they can't see straight. Get some fresh air. Espessially you smoothie.
Gomeler

Activity: 697
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 04:54:32 PM

Any of you ever consider that the level of transparency from the OP is a good thing?  If he openly shares who he is wouldn't that show some commitment to legitimacy?  Just a thought.  I'm looking forward to you "hero" folks eatting your words.   Nice to see people here are so consumed with anger and paranoia that they can't see straight. Get some fresh air. Espessially you smoothie.

When the numbers don't even remotely add up it puts the community on edge. Considering how many scam attempts we are exposed to on a daily basis, it is no surprise that they scream scam the moment something appears to be wrong.
ashaw596

Activity: 141

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 05:14:55 PM

Somebody else posted his contact and account info.
ks3rv3rg

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 05:19:39 PM

Someone else posted his contact information that is all easily found public information. Search his name or whois his website.  His information is there for all to see.
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 05:27:03 PM

Someone else posted his contact information that is all easily found public information. Search his name or whois his website.  His information is there for all to see.

Sorry, I happen to own a physics book. Whois won't hell the OP break the laws of physics.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
ks3rv3rg

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 05:28:07 PM

When the numbers don't even remotely add up it puts the community on edge. Considering how many scam attempts we are exposed to on a daily basis, it is no surprise that they scream scam the moment something appears to be wrong.

Yes, I do understand that.  But maybe there's more to the device than is being said.  And when you have someone (myself) defending as an investor in a real product but people are yelling "sock puppet", it becomes impossible to get a point across.  I get putting the community on edge but much of the community seems to be constantly on edge and ready to yell and be angry before they even consider everything.
ks3rv3rg

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 05:29:59 PM

Sorry, I happen to own a physics book. Whois won't hell the OP break the laws of physics.

And like I just mentioned.  Maybe everyone needs to get off their "I know everything about Avalon chips" high horse and realize that there may be more to the device that you realize.  If you took off your scam glasses you'd see that he's mentioned that there are other components playing a part.
k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 05:44:54 PM

And like I just mentioned.  Maybe everyone needs to get off their "I know everything about Avalon chips" high horse and realize that there may be more to the device that you realize.  If you took off your scam glasses you'd see that he's mentioned that there are other components playing a part.

Are the other parts cold fusion and lead to gold alchemy? Or is there more creativity involved?

ashaw596

Activity: 141

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 06:02:54 PM

ASICS are "Application Specific Integrated Circuits". They are circuits specifically designed to do one thing, hash sha-2. There is no magic that can make them go faster than they're designed to go. Electronics only go as fast as they're slowest part. Thats why you can upgrade a computer with more ram and a faster hardrive and it will go faster. But the ASIC chip is the limiting factor here. You can't physically get significantly more hashing from them than they're designed to do. I can give a it the fastests bus possible and it will still only hash at 282 MH/s. We're not just being mean here. The numbers hes giving us are seriously impossible. Is he going to try to overclock the chips 100 times. I'm not sure thats possible even with some serious hardware modification and do you know how much liquid nitrogen they used to even overclock a chip 2-3 times higher? http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1137478/celeron-overclocked-1ghz
ks3rv3rg

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 07:01:49 PM

Quote from: ks3rv3rg link=top =213968.msg2276819#msg2276819 date=1369589399

ASICS are "Application Specific Integrated Circuits". They are circuits specifically designed to do one thing, hash sha-2. There is no magic that can make them go faster than they're designed to go. Electronics only go as fast as they're slowest part. Thats why you can upgrade a computer with more ram and a faster hardrive and it will go faster. But the ASIC chip is the limiting factor here. You can't physically get significantly more hashing from them than they're designed to do. I can give a it the fastests bus possible and it will still only hash at 282 MH/s. We're not just being mean here. The numbers hes giving us are seriously impossible. Is he going to try to overclock the chips 100 times. I'm not sure thats possible even with some serious hardware modification and do you know how much liquid nitrogen they used to even overclock a chip 2-3 times higher? http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1137478/celeron-overclocked-1ghz

Now this is the kind of post I like to see.  Something with substance.  In the coming week/two we will see what has been developed.  Your point is very vaild, but VPSguy is also a legitimate business person.  So I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
That article is very interesting. I dont think its really comparable though as they had to use so much liquid  nitrogen because of the heavily increased voltage/clock speed on a very old chip/architecture.  With better chip design/firmware/bios one should be able to accomplish greater speeds without the need for extreme cooling.  As it said- they were even able to get it up to 5.7 with air cooling.  But all that said, I'm not someone who develops these boards/chips so I may be partially/completely wrong.  Thanks for a constructive post
snowcrashed

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 07:20:53 PM

And like I just mentioned.  Maybe everyone needs to get off their "I know everything about Avalon chips" high horse and realize that there may be more to the device that you realize.  If you took off your scam glasses you'd see that he's mentioned that there are other components playing a part.

Dude, this isn't black magic.  There isn't a mystical configuration where if you put chips X+Y+Z in a special order you get a performance upgrade.  It's fucking Electrical Engineering, it's a science.  Avalon chips are a known quantity, their performance is a known figure.  When someone comes around asking for pre-order money based on the claim that he used Avalon chips to make a PCI-e miner that gets performance several orders of magnitude greater than the chips are capable of, it raises some red flags.  Shit, raising red flags isn't even a strong enough statement, it just tells you that the person making such a claim is full of shit.  In addition to that:

This person has made wild claims such as having a group of engineers with 150 years experience designing this thing, but meanwhile describes basic principles about the technology incorrectly.
This person provided 0 evidence that anything he is saying is true - proof of chip purchase, info on designs, CAD drawings, board specs, pictures of a prototype or construction etc.
This person talks like a 14 year old raging while playing Call of Duty.

The list could go on.  And after all this mounting evidence that VPSguy is a scammer, you keep trying to claim he's a "legitimate business person".  Do you see why everyone thinks you are a sock puppet?
k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 07:30:06 PM

And like I just mentioned.  Maybe everyone needs to get off their "I know everything about Avalon chips" high horse and realize that there may be more to the device that you realize.  If you took off your scam glasses you'd see that he's mentioned that there are other components playing a part.

Dude, this isn't black magic.  There isn't a mystical configuration where if you put chips X+Y+Z in a special order you get a performance upgrade.  It's fucking Electrical Engineering, it's a science.  Avalon chips are a known quantity, their performance is a known figure.  When someone comes around asking for pre-order money based on the claim that he used Avalon chips to make a PCI-e miner that gets performance several orders of magnitude greater than the chips are capable of, it raises some red flags.  Shit, raising red flags isn't even a strong enough statement, it just tells you that the person making such a claim is full of shit.  In addition to that:

This person has made wild claims such as having a group of engineers with 150 years experience designing this thing, but meanwhile describes basic principles about the technology incorrectly.
This person provided 0 evidence that anything he is saying is true - proof of chip purchase, info on designs, CAD drawings, board specs, pictures of a prototype or construction etc.
This person talks like a 14 year old raging while playing Call of Duty.

The list could go on.  And after all this mounting evidence that VPSguy is a scammer, you keep trying to claim he's a "legitimate business person".  Do you see why everyone thinks you are a sock puppet?

^This.
The quality of scams has really declined since Bitcoin was found by the mainstream media. It used to take weeks to unravel the hoaxes, now they fall apart half way through the opening post.  Sad

bcpokey

Activity: 602

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 08:34:52 PM

Wow, why is this thread 8 pages long?

First page should just be "sup, this is a scam move on" and it should never have gone past that.

I think this is part of why I can't really get motivated by bitcoin the way I want. The community seems to have far too much money, and far too little sense.
cp1

Activity: 616

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 09:27:39 PM

Has anyone actually got Avalon chips yet anyway?

Guide to armory offline install on USB key:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241730.0
DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 12:04:31 AM

I guess we are in the 11th hour of ASIC scamming..   Hurry, just a few months left to scam someone!

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: