Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:45:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Batch 4 Pre-Order!] FutureBit Moonlander 2 Official Order Thread  (Read 62810 times)
Eyedol-X

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 03:39:12 PM

What's with all these miners being so heavily marked up on ebay.com ?

Always happens - its a conjunction of ebays fee's and noobs who dont know where to source hardware for the correct price.

1) Sellers have to take a risk effects. For example if 25% of buyers scam the sellers then they have to increase the price more than 25%.
So if they sell $10,000 worth of hardware for $13,000 and they lose $1000 on scams then they still profit.

2) Because of this very few people risk and sell for PayPal. This reduces supply and the price is increased out of speculation.
People who want to buy have fewer options and have to pay more for it.

better to trade here, but use a reputable escrow provider - there are many options to choose from which some even being free

Obviously in terms of FutureBit Moonlander are least there are reputable distributers from different parts of the world

Fair points some of which I obviously did not know  Cheesy

My local distributor is out of stock completely Sad

It's supply and demand.

Supply for these units is low, demand is high as people discover them. There is definitely the "Ebay factor" which is people new to mining and they don't understand value of a miner (not just the MLD2) or understand how mining works.

To me these have value to a point and I have paid a bit more than their "pre-order" price to get some early to get started doing what I want to do.
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aballen

Activity: 73
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 04:54:07 PM

Anyone know if you can buy these unassembled?  last time I bought one from asicpuppy, they came assembled.  I actually would like to do the next few myself and the directions at the top of the thread are quite good imho.

thestockfadi

Activity: 48

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 04:10:54 AM

When is Batch 3? Smiley

Seriously. . I'm kinda tired of getting rheemed in the keister by eBay scalpers. . THe cheapest one I found today was $16o . . pfft. .
thestockfadi

Activity: 48

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 04:12:47 AM

Anyone know if you can buy these unassembled?  last time I bought one from asicpuppy, they came assembled.  I actually would like to do the next few myself and the directions at the top of the thread are quite good imho.

Yeah! There is a dude on ebay right now selling one that is not assembled. https://www.ebay.com/itm/FutureBit-Moonlander-2-USB-Scrypt-Miner-3-5mh-s/253334626516?hash=item3afbeba0d4:g:IHkAAOSweM1aRWLK

But dude wants 2 bills for it . .  lol .
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2090
Merit: 1396

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 08:08:52 PM

When is Batch 3? Smiley

Seriously. . I'm kinda tired of getting rheemed in the keister by eBay scalpers. . THe cheapest one I found today was $16o . . pfft. .

Sorry guys, once batch 2 stock hits at the end of the month there will be plenty of stock for lower pricing than what these are going off ebay. Unfortunately demand is still high so in stock units have to be priced accordingly (somewhere between pre-order pricing and ebay pricing).

We needed at least two batches to gauge demand, so going forward I should be able to have a steady output to meet demand each month. We might do one more pre-sale batch 3, but after that it will be steady production.

(FYI Asicpuppy put leftover $64 batch 2 pre-order stock from cancellations etc so here is your chance to pick one up super cheap if you havent https://asicpuppy.com/magentoPuppy/index.php/fbmoonlander2preorder.html )

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
crypto_curious

Activity: 924
Merit: 175

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 08:36:56 PM

When is Batch 3? Smiley

Sorry guys, once batch 2 stock hits at the end of the month there will be plenty of stock for lower pricing than what these are going off ebay. Unfortunately demand is still high so in stock units have to be priced accordingly (somewhere between pre-order pricing and ebay pricing).

We needed at least two batches to gauge demand, so going forward I should be able to have a steady output to meet demand each month. We might do one more pre-sale batch 3, but after that it will be steady production.

(FYI Asicpuppy put leftover $64 batch 2 pre-order stock from cancellations etc so here is your chance to pick one up super cheap if you havent https://asicpuppy.com/magentoPuppy/index.php/fbmoonlander2preorder.html )

I just purchased some from Asicpuppy, thanks:)
kitkis

Activity: 18

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 09:34:55 PM

When is Batch 3? Smiley

I just tried to order a couple from asicpuppy, and I keep getting gateway timeout when it tries to send me to the payment processor. Wondering if anyone else is having this problem. I don't see any place in the order to change payment options. I'll email, of course, but I was wondering if anyone else had this problem.
crypto_curious

Activity: 924
Merit: 175

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:19:35 PM

When is Batch 3? Smiley

I just tried to order a couple from asicpuppy, and I keep getting gateway timeout when it tries to send me to the payment processor. Wondering if anyone else is having this problem. I don't see any place in the order to change payment options. I'll email, of course, but I was wondering if anyone else had this problem.

I had that too. Their payment processor CoinPayments.net was timing out few times. I was manually refreshing page F5 and I was coming back where I should be. I managed to finish my order:)
investorwize

Activity: 1

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 11:59:05 PM

Is this really sold out. If so when will there be more?
Eyedol-X

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 12:46:37 AM

When is Batch 3? Smiley

Woot, got the final order in I needed to obtain the amount I want Cheesy
kitkis

Activity: 18

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 09:39:55 AM

Ended up having my cousin place the order for me, as I was still having problems with the payment site timing out. But, she was able to get the order in, so I've got a couple extra units coming!

Now I need to look into USB hubs. I've got an old netbook gathering dust and I believe it should be able to run these, but I don't think the onboard ports could provide enough power.
jlg

Activity: 19

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 11:24:47 PM

By the time I bought some bitcoin from localbitcoins the moonlander 2 was sold out on ASICPuppy. Just my luck!
Eyedol-X

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 12:17:29 AM

Ended up having my cousin place the order for me, as I was still having problems with the payment site timing out. But, she was able to get the order in, so I've got a couple extra units coming!

Now I need to look into USB hubs. I've got an old netbook gathering dust and I believe it should be able to run these, but I don't think the onboard ports could provide enough power.

USB Hub Thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2455609
Supercoiner111

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:45:11 AM

Any Batch 3 coming out soon?

Patjebitcoin

Activity: 15

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:51:20 PM

Only jstefanop knows :-)..
aballen

Activity: 73

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 04:48:11 PM

If batch 2 goes anything like batch 1 expect you will need to wait till the shops run out of stock before batch 3 shows up.

No incentive for the shop owners if a pre-sale starts before they sell out.

jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2090
Merit: 1396

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 05:42:45 PM

No plans currently, Batch 2 will start shipping out to Distributors next week, and we have LOTS of inventory. Once Batch 2 pre-orders are shipped out you will start seeing in stock units listed towards the end of the month from all my distributors.

At this point going forward I will have enough channel inventory and steady production to keep these stocked everywhere. I might do one more pre-order batch 3 only because there will be a month gap in february due to the chinese holiday and the parts I source from china wont be available until March.

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
Baccman

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 04:19:45 AM

Don't know if I am in the right section but...

My fan is getting loud. How can I go about getting a new fan or at least quieting this one down. The unit is about two months old.
Kapz786

Activity: 697
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 04:22:58 AM

No plans currently, Batch 2 will start shipping out to Distributors next week, and we have LOTS of inventory. Once Batch 2 pre-orders are shipped out you will start seeing in stock units listed towards the end of the month from all my distributors.

At this point going forward I will have enough channel inventory and steady production to keep these stocked everywhere. I might do one more pre-order batch 3 only because there will be a month gap in february due to the chinese holiday and the parts I source from china wont be available until March.

That's good to know didn't realise you accommodated surplus stock for the distributors as well
Intensedrive

Activity: 51

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:13:03 AM

Is it possible to get what the market price will be from the distributors?   Amazon a few weeks ago had them listed for 160 a piece, I think now one person is trying to get $200 a piece.  Ebay your looking at around $200 also "Buy Now".  If I'm correct preorder was around $67. I read in this thread the price will be somewhere in between.  I have been saving my change, would be nice to know what we can expect on the market.  I would assume a fair price to be around $85 - 90.  If I'm off just say higher or lower.. Because I have no idea really.
Thanks,
Scott

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: