Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:37:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 127 »
  Print  
Author Topic: WAVES | Ultimate crypto-tokens blockchain platform | SMART CONTRACTS COMING!  (Read 61929 times)
Turing (OP)

Activity: 994
Merit: 277

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 07:48:09 PM

Why waves assets are difficult to list in large exchanges? Like starta, my starta is stuck, and no decent exchanges list it, the price dooms. Bad waves platform.

Yes, because of your bad investment the platform is bad. Look for the problem yourself, be a little self-critical.

This calls anyway a question I've had for a while: are there waves' tokens listed on any major exchange? If not, is there any technical reason for that?

No technical reason.
Bittrex for example has Incent.
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
anu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

RepuX - Enterprise Blockchain Protocol

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 08:43:54 PM

With the similarities of WAVES to Ripple, these two systems are fundamentally dissociating at a very basic point. Similarly, both systems make it possible to export fully reserved crypto-prices to brokerage houses. The point where they decompose, Ripple is not exactly decentralized, and this means that the system can be brought to the system at any time by a restriction. On the other hand, WAVES is a platform based on the decentralized PoSconsensus algorithm. To give an example of the concrete consequences of this deal, I do not know how it is now, but the last time I looked, you had to scan your identity photocopy system to become a member of Ripple. Although I personally think this is a breach of privacy in itself, it is actually a step that can be considered reasonable for many people. But what it expresses is great. For example, If Ripple is forced to make a photocopy of identity today, and then tomorrow will be able to impose other things too. This is contrary to the free nature of the crypto money ecosystem. On the other hand, such situations for WAVES can never be discussed; As is clearly stated in our Vision section, WAVES aims to have no restrictions on the block chain.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████▄    ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████████████
████████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
  ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▄████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████▄
█████████████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀    ▀███████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
RepuX▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
.Decentralized Data & Applications Protocol For SMEs.
▔▔▔▔  ●  Twitter  ●  Facebook  ●  Bitcointalk  ●  Reddit  ●  ▔▔▔▔
▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
Enterprise Blockchain Protocol
.GET WHITELISTED.
Token Sale starts 6th of February 2018
Turing (OP)

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 09:46:54 AM

Source: http://www.aif.ru/money/economy/rossiya_vypustit_sobstvennuyu_kriptovalyutu_ministr_svyazi

Translated from Russian source:

Russia will issue its own crypto currency - the minister of communications

Cryptor will have its own features

Moscow, October 14 - AIF-Moscow.
Russia will issue its own crypto currency, the cryptoruble. This decision was made by the Russian president, Nikolai Nikiforov, Minister of Communications and Mass Communications, said at a closed meeting with members of the Moscow Capital Club.

Nikiforov referred to the text of the government's decree with all the regulations. "I so confidently declare that we will launch a cryptor for one simple reason: if we do not, then in 2 months our neighbors in the Eurasian Economic Community will do it," the minister said.

In his opinion, the cryptoruble will be made quickly. For the efficiency of the cryptor, it is planned to streamline the payment of personal income tax. So, if the owner can not explain the reason for the appearance of his cryptorubles, when translating them into Russian rubles, the tax for him will be 13% of the total. When buying and selling a cryptoruble, the amount will be 13% from the earned difference. All these issues have yet to be discussed, said Nikiforov.

The minister explained that the creation of a cryptoruble would not equal the legalization of bitcoin and other crypto-currencies. Russia's crypto currency should use Russian cryptography, the minister said. In addition, the cryptor will not be able to "mine". Nikiforov explained that most likely, it will be a closed model with a certain volume of regulated emissions.
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2017, 10:22:09 AM

Another step forward to decentralization: the new Waves Features Activation Protocol allows miners to vote for upcoming changes!

Twitter: https://twitter.com/wavesplatform/status/919231670955446272

Soon 1,000 instead of 10,000 Waves needed to run a node and mine blocks!

Twitter: https://twitter.com/wavesplatform/status/919246994425761793

Exmo adds Waves / Ruble trading pair!

Twitter: https://twitter.com/sasha35625/status/919463646144745474

Twitter: https://twitter.com/WavesEvangelist/status/919493981720981505

glerant

Activity: 565
Merit: 316

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 11:24:50 AM

Why waves assets are difficult to list in large exchanges? Like starta, my starta is stuck, and no decent exchanges list it, the price dooms. Bad waves platform.

Yes, because of your bad investment the platform is bad. Look for the problem yourself, be a little self-critical.

This calls anyway a question I've had for a while: are there waves' tokens listed on any major exchange? If not, is there any technical reason for that?

No technical reason.
Bittrex for example has Incent.

OceanLab is on Tidex

https://tidex.com/exchange/ocl/btc

As is Riptobux

Hell! There are loads of Waves tokens on exchanges if you bother to look!  Smiley
Nefelo

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 03:12:21 PM

Source: http://www.aif.ru/money/economy/rossiya_vypustit_sobstvennuyu_kriptovalyutu_ministr_svyazi

Russia will issue its own crypto currency, the cryptoruble. This decision was made by the Russian president, Nikolai Nikiforov, Minister of Communications and Mass Communications, said at a closed meeting with members of the Moscow Capital Club.

Nikiforov referred to the text of the government's decree with all the regulations. "I so confidently declare that we will launch a cryptor for one simple reason: if we do not, then in 2 months our neighbors in the Eurasian Economic Community will do it," the minister said.

In his opinion, the cryptoruble will be made quickly. For the efficiency of the cryptor, it is planned to streamline the payment of personal income tax. So, if the owner can not explain the reason for the appearance of his cryptorubles, when translating them into Russian rubles, the tax for him will be 13% of the total. When buying and selling a cryptoruble, the amount will be 13% from the earned difference. All these issues have yet to be discussed, said Nikiforov.

The minister explained that the creation of a cryptoruble would not equal the legalization of bitcoin and other crypto-currencies. Russia's crypto currency should use Russian cryptography, the minister said. In addition, the cryptor will not be able to "mine". Nikiforov explained that most likely, it will be a closed model with a certain volume of regulated emissions.

Interesting. Thanks a lot for all your informations. And...Waves has something to say here??? Do you know something more? This could be really HUGE. Cheers.
Turing (OP)

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 03:40:30 PM

Interesting. Thanks a lot for all your informations. And...Waves has something to say here??? Do you know something more? This could be really HUGE. Cheers.

Don't get your hopes up too high Wink

I think Waves would be an excellent platform if they need it to be launched quickly and, especially with NG on testnet, ready to handle thousands of transactions per minutes.

But for now, I have no proof if Waves is involved in any way.
Even if it was, I guess the people involved would have to sign an NDA.

So for now, it's just "news".
BeggarInCryptos

Activity: 401
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 04:40:43 PM

I still didn't understand what you have to do to buy yourself an alias for your Waves address, and how you could use it then exactly.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Turing (OP)

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 04:56:56 PM

I still didn't understand what you have to do to buy yourself an alias for your Waves address, and how you could use it then exactly.

Creating an alias is quite easy.
In your Waves Lite client, click on the "user profile" button, it's next to the "log out" button in the upper right corner.

Once you create one or more aliases, you can then receive coins on your alias instead of your Waves address.

To send me Waves or Waves tokens, you can send them to "turing" instead of "3P874i7zwUFWBhkMGpGxv4t5gGgrqWg5pkK".
hughjays77

Activity: 728
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 06:50:44 PM

In your Waves Lite client, click on the "user profile" button, it's next to the "log out" button in the upper right corner.

Once you create one or more aliases, you can then receive coins on your alias instead of your Waves address.

To send me Waves or Waves tokens, you can send them to "turing" instead of "3P874i7zwUFWBhkMGpGxv4t5gGgrqWg5pkK".

Ohh that's pretty cool (and useful)!! Thanks for the explanation  Smiley
I have to think for a good alias  Cool
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 09:57:03 PM

Seems the rumour may be true:

MoneroMooo
Legendary

Activity: 1276
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 10:34:23 PM

Ohh that's pretty cool (and useful)!! Thanks for the explanation  Smiley
I have to think for a good alias  Cool

this is a good improvement. you need to act early to get aliases. you may not find in the future. WAVES seems to change platform. different color adds.  Wink
kame

Activity: 324
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 11:29:41 PM

With the similarities of WAVES to Ripple, these two systems are fundamentally dissociating at a very basic point. Similarly, both systems make it possible to export fully reserved crypto-prices to brokerage houses. The point where they decompose, Ripple is not exactly decentralized, and this means that the system can be brought to the system at any time by a restriction. On the other hand, WAVES is a platform based on the decentralized PoSconsensus algorithm. To give an example of the concrete consequences of this deal, I do not know how it is now, but the last time I looked, you had to scan your identity photocopy system to become a member of Ripple. Although I personally think this is a breach of privacy in itself, it is actually a step that can be considered reasonable for many people. But what it expresses is great. For example, If Ripple is forced to make a photocopy of identity today, and then tomorrow will be able to impose other things too. This is contrary to the free nature of the crypto money ecosystem. On the other hand, such situations for WAVES can never be discussed; As is clearly stated in our Vision section, WAVES aims to have no restrictions on the block chain.

Ripple were very aiming to be a protocol of fiat/crypt bridge at initial stage, thus, they are both open to consumer user and companies. But at some point, they shifted their main stream customer to be a banking and they push out existing consumer users by terminating their own wallet/trading system. And let 3rd party to do KYC.

I think exchanges and local fiat currency banks will be the point of KYC requirements. Waves do not need KYC process for now. But if things moving forward and momentum changed, this is may good idea that Waves creating special secured APIs/EDI to those bankings. That may appreciated that those banks can obtain existing consumer users who currently using Waves Clients(I recall names is changing, correct?). Ripple can't make more consumer users if current partnership org charts... especially unuser friendly dead slow Gatehub.

So, I am expecting a lot to Waves in considering current user base of Waves client.

starskey

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2017, 12:00:33 AM

I really wonder if Sasha or Vitalik will win this. Vitalik has met with Putin. Sasha?

cryptoGEEKS ----- Blockchain solutions ----- www.cryptogeeks.eu
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 04:18:50 AM

i created the alias "kelsey" (waves 3PPkuMoPH83mhHPv52VdpJXxW74RsTxHppe) yet when i try and get anything sent to kelsey it says not a valid waves addy  Huh
kaltun

Activity: 1540
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 07:56:07 AM

ive got a bad feeling about waves now Sad
Turing (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 08:08:08 AM

i created the alias "kelsey" (waves 3PPkuMoPH83mhHPv52VdpJXxW74RsTxHppe) yet when i try and get anything sent to kelsey it says not a valid waves addy  Huh

Did you try to send from another Waves Lite wallet? Or from an exchange?

I don't think exchanges have implemented aliases yet, they expect a "valid waves address".
RAGEmond

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 08:10:10 AM

hopefully they use the waves platform would be rocket fuel
kaltun

Activity: 1540
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 08:18:24 AM

hopefully they use the waves platform would be rocket fuel

hmmm there you saying something, the assets of waves could not be mined, and cryptoruble is not ment to being mined so...... so go Mother Russia go to waves and do your thing Smiley

aaaah dreams Smiley
RAGEmond

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 08:27:05 AM

yeah b-but

https://cointelegraph.com/news/suddenly-vladimir-putin-meets-vitalik-buterin-endorses-ethereum
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 127 »
  Print  

Jump to: