Bitcoin Forum
November 15, 2018, 06:05:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.17.0 [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ETHASH Miner - Eminer v0.6.1-RC2 Released (Windows, Linux, MacOS)  (Read 24422 times)
rednoW
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 04:32:39 PM

You... left... the OCL in the binary... and it's not even packed! That... was kind of a let down.

OCL build on runtime like good idea for new chipsets so the miner can support all OCL based devices.

Well... the issue being, anyone with half a clue can get your kernel... putting it in the binary as AMD IL, for example, would allow support for pretty much everything that uses the Catalyst compiler, I believe. The only outlier would be Vega, which requires the ROCm stack - which in turn uses the LLVM/Clang toolchain. For that exception, you could simply include a Vega kernel as ISA in the miner.

You also didn't really protect the miner at all - not only was it not packed, or any anti-debugging traps laid, but you didn't even check for the common environment vars used for debugging or kernel dumping...
Why should he do it now when he didn't get close to top speeds like yours or Claymore's?
When he will - he will certainly did ))
But now all protection methods will result in anti-virus software misdetection ...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rednoW
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 06:04:26 PM

2 Wolf

By the way ... did you see current speed increase with xmr mining on Vega running 2 threads with blockchain drivers and HBCC enabled?
Vega can handle 2kh/s now.
How do you think can it be applied to eth mining? 2 dag files per gpu with async access?
Vega can handle it I think ...
rednoW
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 09:33:12 PM

2 Wolf

By the way ... did you see current speed increase with xmr mining on Vega running 2 threads with blockchain drivers and HBCC enabled?
Vega can handle 2kh/s now.
How do you think can it be applied to eth mining? 2 dag files per gpu with async access?
Vega can handle it I think ...

Ain't allowed to comment on that.
Well, I found the miner capable to hash with 2 DAGs at 1 GPU. It is old good Genoil miner.
With single DAG it shows 40-41mhs, with 2 DAGs it shows 42-42.5 mhs.
This is all less then Claymore's 44.2mhs, maybe due to ineffective single-thread of Genoil's.

Let it run for a while to see pool results.
fr4nkthetank
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1006

Now the money is free, and so the people will be

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2017, 02:04:39 AM

So average 4 watts higher consumption.  Reported hashrate by miner is about 1-2mhs lower.  God damn that level 5 log lol.  The blue color doesnt work for me Sad  But to serious things ill see pool side whats up soon.  I doubt claymore is better.  And im getting a couple VEGAs 56 to play with soon, very curious to delve into them.
edit: i didnt see intensity in the help file, maybe you forgot ?  sometimes i cant see shit good though so might be me.  Oh and good work, very well done.

Rent this space !
bitcoyim

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 07:57:54 AM

So average 4 watts higher consumption.  Reported hashrate by miner is about 1-2mhs lower.  God damn that level 5 log lol.  The blue color doesnt work for me Sad  But to serious things ill see pool side whats up soon.  I doubt claymore is better.  And im getting a couple VEGAs 56 to play with soon, very curious to delve into them.
edit: i didnt see intensity in the help file, maybe you forgot ?  sometimes i cant see shit good though so might be me.  Oh and good work, very well done.

Here help output;

Usage of C:\Users\bitkoyim\Desktop\eminer.exe:
  -B int
        Benchmark mode, set device id for benchmark (default -1)
  -F string
        Farm mode with the work server at URL, use comma for multiple rpc server (default "http://127.0.0.1:8545")
  -L    List GPU devices
  -M string
        Run mine on selected devices, use comma for multiple devices (default "all")
  -N string
        Name of your rig, the name will be use on dashboard, json-api, cloud service and stathat. Some pools require rig
 name with extra parameter, this name will be send the pools.
  -P string
        Password for stratum server
  -S <host>:<port>
        Stratum mode, use comma for multiple stratum server (example: <host>:<port> for nicehash or other stratum server
s stratum+tcp://<host>:<port>)
  -U string
        Username for stratum server
  -V int
        Log level (0-5) (default 3)
  -cloud-key string
        Set your cloud service key here to have stats about the rig from https://cloud.eminer.net, you can create free k
ey from the web site and use the same key for all your rigs.
  -cpu int
        Set the maximum number of CPUs to use
  -dag-intensity int
        DAG work size intensity (4-32) (default 32)
  -devfee-coin string
        Set devfee default coin, it may reduce DAG changes. Usable coins: ETH, ETC, UBQ, EXP, MUSIC
  -fan-percent string
        Set fan speed percent on selected devices, use comma for multiple devices (amd devices only)
  -fixed-diff
        Fixed diff for works, round solutions
  -http string
        HTTP server for monitoring (read-only) for disable set "no" (default ":8550")
 -intensity string
        GPU work size intensity (8-64), use comma for multiple devices (default 32)

-kernel string
        Select kernel for GPU devices, currently 3 kernels available, use comma for multiple devices (1-3)
  -no-devfee
        Disable devfee, this can be impact some performance reduces
  -no-output-color
        Disable colorized output log format
  -stathat string
        Set your stathat email address here to have some basic metrics from stathat.com web site
  -v    Version
OverEasy

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 11:48:50 AM

Any thoughts to adding clock and memory speeds for AMD?
-cclock 1100
-mclock 1500
Very useful for Linux rigs
thks
E-Miner

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 01:00:03 PM

-cclock 1100
-mclock 1500
thks

Thanks for your advice, I added to my checklist, I will add next release.
terrxysq

Activity: 27

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 01:43:15 PM

-cclock 1100
-mclock 1500
thks

wouldnt you normally just flash the memory speed into bios just to make things easier?
OverEasy

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 01:58:25 PM

Yes I did that for all cards except my 390's. They run best at 1100/1500 which is easy in Windows but difficult in Linux.
fr4nkthetank
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2017, 02:03:29 PM

Ah.  so I am blind.  Thanks Smiley So Intensity goes to 64...care to elaborate on that ?  Have you had a noticeable increase in hashrate on gpus that are stable with it ?  I report on shares in a day or two, but so far it looks good. Hard to tell if the difference is 1 or 2% in a short time period.

Rent this space !
OverEasy

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 02:04:29 PM

I am reporting a LOT of crashing on Linux. Ubuntu 16.4
I have tried many different settings but the AMD cards crash every 30 mins or so.
I wish I had a better understanding of the -kernel switch that no one will explain.
3 of the cards are 390's and I am thinking maybe they don't work well on -kernel 3.
Also the fan speed switch does not seem to change the fan speeds on Linux.

So maybe someone can answer these 2 questions -

1) Explain differences between -k 1,2,3
2)is the -kernel switch able to use commas to set different kernels for different cards? -kernel 2,2,3,3,3 ANSWERED BY ME. YES IT WORKS LIKE EXAMPLE

Thanks for any help
E-Miner

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 09:46:41 PM

I am reporting a LOT of crashing on Linux. Ubuntu 16.4
I have tried many different settings but the AMD cards crash every 30 mins or so.
I wish I had a better understanding of the -kernel switch that no one will explain.
3 of the cards are 390's and I am thinking maybe they don't work well on -kernel 3.
Also the fan speed switch does not seem to change the fan speeds on Linux.

So maybe someone can answer these 2 questions -

1) Explain differences between -k 1,2,3
2)is the -kernel switch able to use commas to set different kernels for different cards? -kernel 2,2,3,3,3 ANSWERED BY ME. YES IT WORKS LIKE EXAMPLE

Thanks for any help

1- Each kernel has different thread count
2- Yes you should set best kernel for your device like your parameter.

I also advice intensity parameter, you should benchmark your device with best intensity like this; eminer -B <deviceid> -intensity <number> also you can choose kernel with this parameters.

If your device crashing probably intensity high for your device.
kcopcu

Activity: 24

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 11:55:05 AM

Can i use different pools for failover
Like this -> eminer -S eu1.ethermine.org:4444,eth-eu1.nanopool.org:9999

BTW i like to use your miner , keep working !

Thanks
E-Miner

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 03:45:08 PM

Can i use different pools for failover
Like this -> eminer -S eu1.ethermine.org:4444,eth-eu1.nanopool.org:9999

BTW i like to use your miner , keep working !

Thanks

Yes it's possible, you can use if the pools support same username and password scheme.
fr4nkthetank
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2017, 05:26:08 PM

Ok so I'm seeing about 0.5 to 1% better hashrate reporting pool side.  Would be nice to have a worker automatic restart if a gpu goes down for some reason, and a warning, or automatic intensity drop for that gpu.

Rent this space !
E-Miner

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 09:01:49 AM

Ok so I'm seeing about 0.5 to 1% better hashrate reporting pool side.  Would be nice to have a worker automatic restart if a gpu goes down for some reason, and a warning, or automatic intensity drop for that gpu.

I added to checklist, this can be add to cloud service.
Chocolatte

Activity: 191
Merit: 100

Citius, altius, fortius

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 11:06:14 PM

great job!

terrxysq

Activity: 27

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 01:03:43 AM

request to add feature to notify when significant hash rate drop for a worker(ideally configurable). ie. a worker usually do 180mh/s, if drops by more than X%(configurable) it sends a notification. do not need to notify immediately(configurable). but if below the threshold for more than Y(configurable) minutes then notify.
E-Miner

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 08:06:56 AM

request to add feature to notify when significant hash rate drop for a worker(ideally configurable). ie. a worker usually do 180mh/s, if drops by more than X%(configurable) it sends a notification. do not need to notify immediately(configurable). but if below the threshold for more than Y(configurable) minutes then notify.

added to checklist, will add to cloud service.
dj--alex

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 08:54:22 AM

I check, it works on linux on one overclocked GTX1060 card.

INFO [09-25|11:53:44] GPU device information                   device=0 hashrate="18.108 Mh/s" temperature="63.00 C" fan=49.00%
I have 18.1Mh instead 19.8  

1- how use temperature control? and decrease intensity if t>80 C ?

2-how to manage intensity?

3- Can i control fee if i want to use devfee on 10% on one card, and two card can work without devfee?
(switching DAG,pool and etc take real time!)

4- please add more samples to header of topic
eminer.exe -S eu1.ethermine.org:4444,eu1.ethermine.org:14444 -U YOUR_WALLETID_HERE.rig3 -P x -N rig3 --cloud-key GENERATE_AT_CLOUD.EMINER.NET

for linux
./eminer -S eu2.ethermine.org:4444 -U YOUR_WALLETID_HERE.rig3 -P x -N home
#--cloud-key GENERATE_AT_CLOUD.EMINER.NET

5. On github i cannot found source codes and cannot compile "Dashboard.png"
I thinking no sources , yes?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.