Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 02:51:36 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 ... 151 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Iridium (IRD) - People are Power - Community build crypto  (Read 149736 times)
LsL

Activity: 140
Merit: 40

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 11:31:00 PM

In this thread, is there someone who can push a coin to the stock exchange after a hard fork?
This can be: stocks.exchange, cryptopia.co.nz and others.
The purpose of the coin should be not only the creation, but also trade.

Of course, this is the purpose of developing a coin to enter exchange, but we (all?) are waiting for the hard fork. No rush, waiting to see if everything run smooth. Take the time to read the entire thread, you will find many answers of your questions and... just wait a few hours : hard fork is in 400 blocks now.

There is so many coins who fall down just after creation because of rush.
This is not the purpose of this one (at least, this is my mind)

And I already told you on PM : the dream team is on it :-)

Agree!

Your hard work on the project is appreciated! keep going, and i`d ask the community insted of begging for the exchange why not asking what you can help?!
bit broing what every day at least 2-3 guys begging for the exchange.. why don`t read guys what`s going on?
btw like the new wallet Wink

gawajn

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 11:50:06 PM

Is the chain from the explorer the right chain?  A little bit confused, because it seems there happened some forks of this coin.
Also has this coin already hit an exchange, or is there no way to trade it, yet
stevebrush

Activity: 361
Merit: 11

Iridium (IRD) dev

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 11:50:54 PM

For those early miners who used the Windows wallet until now but never felt comfortable with having any wallet installed on that backdoored OS.
This is to let you know that the new Linux GUI wallet is able to import the wallet file from the very first Windows GUI wallet. Yes, the one from September/October.

Choose Backup Wallet from within the old Windows GUI wallet and save it under any name. It will be automatically given the extension .wallet. Copy the file to your Linux machine or VM, preferably in the hidden .iridium folder.
Open the GUI wallet on the Linux machine/VM, select Open Wallet, navigate to home, right-click show hidden folders, enter .iridium folder and select the wallet file you copied there.

That's easier than creating a new wallet in your shiny new GUI wallet and sending coins from the old wallet to the new wallet, since the tx might get stuck if you have tons of inputs from mining pools. Or you will run out of time, since the old Windows wallet will stop working after the HF today.

Of course it's better and less risky to open your wallet file instead of transferring funds in a new one.

You can also directly copy the .wallet file located in %appdata%/iridium (or ~/.iridium for Mac and linux) to another machine/vm. I did it all the time, the .wallet files are Mac, windows and linux compatible. You can also rename it (myperso.wallet, mypool.wallet), having multiples and store it anywhere you want !

the only thing that is not compatible (at least, I never success), is to re-open a password encrypted .wallet file with the old gui after the new one openend it. I did not try with an unencrypted.

nanona

Activity: 307
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 11:53:36 PM

Is the chain from the explorer the right chain?  A little bit confused, because it seems there happened some forks of this coin.

All three pools are at block 47630 and so is the explorer. Where exactly does it seem that some fork happened?
CreamyCheesecake

Activity: 339

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2017, 02:14:21 AM

I would like to know the utility of this coin. I feel that a lot of pos coins have no utility other than the benefit of generating more coins by holding and I just don't see any benefit from pos coins unless they have a utility. But I'm inclined more to pow coins like this one, and I was wondering what's the actual use case the development is being focused on here for this coin.

▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬ ●   P A R Q   ● ▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬  ● ▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬ ● ▬  A GREEN, SMART AND CONNECTED CITY PLATFORM ▬▬▬► WP
MEDIUM | REDDIT | FACEBOOK | TELEGRAM | TWITTER | YOUTUBE | ANNOUNCEMENT
mrWatson

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 08:43:53 AM

In this thread, is there someone who can push a coin to the stock exchange after a hard fork?

This can be: stocks.exchange, cryptopia.co.nz and others.

The purpose of the coin should be not only the creation, but also trade.

It will occur after first year of premine taking place now.
small group of people do big premine and they not interested in exchange now.
you can premine too.
stevebrush

Iridium (IRD) dev

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2017, 09:01:14 AM

you can premine too.
That's why it's written NO-PREMINE ? I don't think so...

mrWatson

Activity: 24

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 09:04:03 AM

you can premine too.

Lets call it fair PREMINE.

Coin keeps hidden from exchanges and mass market till some people do enough premine.
It is fair because everybody can take part in this.

nanona

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 09:32:31 AM

you can premine too.

Lets call it fair PREMINE.

Coin keeps hidden from exchanges and mass market till some people do enough premine.
It is fair because everybody can take part in this.

Learn what a premine is. It has nothing to do with an exchange.

Pro tip: pre & mine. As the Latins between us know, pre means before.
Nobody got any coins BEFORE MINING STARTED = PRE-MINE. Iridium does not have a premine.

It had a fair launch and it gets distributed so far like any coin should get distributed initially: To the people who mine it!

This is not some ICO garbage where all coins tokens are "premined" (because there won't be any mining at all to begin with) and then sold either directly or through an exchange.

This is a coin, a POW coin, which means coins get slowly distributed block by block to the people who provide Proof Of Work.

Once the devs decide the coin is technically sound enough to be added to an exchange, I am sure they will apply.

There is no point in asking the same question every day when it was answered already many times. Everyone can buy and sell OTC already. Nobody prevents you.

For reference:

I just want to have a performing currency that can go on exchange without shame.
stevebrush

Iridium (IRD) dev

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2017, 10:19:00 AM
Last edit: December 13, 2017, 10:30:08 AM by stevebrush

Hi Fellow, please pay attention :

Here is the situation at ~200 blocks before Hard Fork (It means in a few hours) :

- One of the three pools still down : mine77.net
- the second pool : irdpool.tk doesn't seems to run the latest iridium core daemon (we have no communication about this)
- the third pool (mine) : ird.uvac.fr is running the latest core version

The incoming hard fork is an upgrade of the iridium blockchain protocol with bug fixes, security improvements and prevention to hacks like "instamining".

When the hard fork comes, people who stay mining on the old blockchain protocol will follow a way while the others will take a new way : the one with the upgraded protocol. Now, with a global network hashrate of ~126 kH/s, ird.uvac.fr is running at 68 kH/s.

So you have 2 choices : stay on the old way and leave the protocol as is with it's non resolved problems, or take the cleaner way.

At this time, the only possibility is to switch your miners to ird.uvac.fr because it's the only one who runs the new core daemon.

For this important moment, I will run the pool from now at 0% fee because my goal is not to soliciting you to join my pool but make the hard forking as smooth as possible.

JC1DA

Activity: 262
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 11:55:05 AM

Here is the situation at ~200 blocks before Hard Fork (It means in a few hours) :

- the second pool : irdpool.tk doesn't seems to run the latest iridium core daemon (we have no communication about this)

The incoming hard fork is an upgrade of the iridium blockchain protocol with bug fixes, security improvements and prevention to hacks like "instamining".

When the hard fork comes, people who stay mining on the old blockchain protocol will follow a way while the others will take a new way : the one with the upgraded protocol. Now, with a global network hashrate of ~126 kH/s, ird.uvac.fr is running at 68 kH/s.

So you have 2 choices : stay on the old way and leave the protocol as is with it's non resolved problems, or take the cleaner way.

At this time, the only possibility is to switch your miners to ird.uvac.fr because it's the only one who runs the new core daemon.

For this important moment, I will run the pool from now at 0% fee because my goal is not to soliciting you to join my pool but make the hard forking as smooth as possible.

Supporting new chain @6.5KH/s Smiley Let's move to new chain
fixincomp

Activity: 25

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 01:13:49 PM

- the second pool : [Suspicious link removed] doesn't seems to run the latest iridium core daemon (we have no communication about this)

Moved my 1.5KH/s to your pool. I've been lurking on this thread for a while and I really appreciate the effort you're putting into this Smiley
halorhhr

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 01:43:54 PM

- the second pool : [Suspicious link removed] doesn't seems to run the latest iridium core daemon (we have no communication about this)

Just to prevent any issues with just one pool running the new core daemon:

I just set up a pool with the latest iridiumd, ready for the HF in ~150 Blocks.

https://irdpool.de

Pool Fee: Will be 0.5% but just for now also set to 0%

stevebrush

Iridium (IRD) dev

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2017, 02:00:42 PM

Nice ! Welcome !

After the hard fork, I encourage all pools to set the fee at 1.5%: 1% for the pool, 0,5% for the dev team. So the ird team can be rewarded and propose bounties. I will do this.

logictense

Activity: 2146
Merit: 518

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2017, 04:06:23 PM

Nice ! Welcome !

After the hard fork, I encourage all pools to set the fee at 1.5%: 1% for the pool, 0,5% for the dev team. So the ird team can be rewarded and propose bounties. I will do this.

Id encourage them to lift the fees to 90 percent, that would stimulate anger and confusion. When folks are angry they dont rationalize their actions and hence could be manipulated with a relative ease. I have been strongly advocating for spreading shit across boards to kick and kill dumb coin threads.

fiatlux

Activity: 131
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 06:15:54 PM

Let's add channel for IRD in https://discordapp.com Smiley
stevebrush

Iridium (IRD) dev

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2017, 06:26:35 PM

Id encourage them to lift the fees to 90 percent, that would stimulate anger and confusion. When folks are angry they dont rationalize their actions and hence could be manipulated with a relative ease. I have been strongly advocating for spreading shit across boards to kick and kill dumb coin threads.
Donald ?

Mr.GottaGo

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 09:50:59 PM

Nice ! Welcome !

After looking at ur recent comment history. Ive come to a conclusion that u are just some guy that spreads fud onto othere projects.Nothing more special than a troll. You have no idea of whats going on with the project doubt you even took the time to read iven 3 pages of the annoucment yet you sit here and talk shit Smiley just the kind of people we dont want in the project happy to see you dont like it and are not gonna be part of it.
Happy holidays!  Smiley
stevebrush

Iridium (IRD) dev

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2017, 10:09:23 PM

Let's add channel for IRD in https://discordapp.com Smiley
Already done...

nanona

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 10:10:10 PM

I think uvac.fr has a problem with payments currently. I have a gap of payouts between 19:30 UTC and 21:50 UTC. I saw the pending balance getting bigger and bigger but it suddenly vanished without going into a payment. Then new payments continued again at 21:50 UTC but the accumulated pending amount from the previous 2+ hours wasn't included.
Pages: « 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 ... 151 »
  Print  

Jump to: