Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 09:50:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Maybe governments can stop bitcoin after all  (Read 11314 times)
illicit

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 10:51:11 AM

Yeah sure maybe they could if they would shutdown the whole internet,
Also I think if they are just going to ban it in their country people could find a way to be anonymous and use it again.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hoganye

Activity: 625
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 11:37:59 AM

Government will only try to stop bitcoin but ultimately might not be successful what they are scare of is the continuance increase in the value of bitcoin and equally the number of people getting involved on a daily basis. And they felt, if this is not controlled, it might change the world order of liberation for people and when this happen, they are the most to lose out. But in all, what they have done successfully is slowing it down and not stopping it.
THe sadly part is the exchange site still become the weak part in crypto such as the crackdown of the chinese regulators with a lot of the exchange sites in there and that can be an example for you to recorrecting your word again.
Haha I don't think banned exchange is enough to make us can not trading cryptocurrency. If you want to trade crypto, you only need to have a community like Forum or Group trade, then start your order and do not need to care the government, all things are private.
warrior333

Activity: 406
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 11:43:30 AM

Government will only try to stop bitcoin but ultimately might not be successful what they are scare of is the continuance increase in the value of bitcoin and equally the number of people getting involved on a daily basis. And they felt, if this is not controlled, it might change the world order of liberation for people and when this happen, they are the most to lose out. But in all, what they have done successfully is slowing it down and not stopping it.
THe sadly part is the exchange site still become the weak part in crypto such as the crackdown of the chinese regulators with a lot of the exchange sites in there and that can be an example for you to recorrecting your word again.
Haha I don't think banned exchange is enough to make us can not trading cryptocurrency. If you want to trade crypto, you only need to have a community like Forum or Group trade, then start your order and do not need to care the government, all things are private.
You probably do not understand all of the specifics of the exchange. Who will act as the guarantor of your deal? Who will look for clients? Who do you have to buy coins if there is no possibility of exchange for Fiat? Cryptocurrency is still too weak to resist the action of the government.
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1051

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2017, 03:10:58 PM

You probably do not understand all of the specifics of the exchange. Who will act as the guarantor of your deal? Who will look for clients? Who do you have to buy coins if there is no possibility of exchange for Fiat? Cryptocurrency is still too weak to resist the action of the government.

weren't there exchanges that are on the offshore hosting where no one even the government can stop. or most probably an exchange with a .onion extension can make all this happen. the price will eventually rise so long as there is a community using it. of course that's us. this give the government a hard time.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
laravuemaster

Activity: 378

When Football meets Crypto

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 06:58:51 PM

This is a serious discussion. I mean, after I've seen how bitcoin (and other cryptos as well) got dumped badly after an irrelevant law that makes ICOs illegal. I can only imagine now what would happen If more countries do the same thing and It could get worst by make itself bitcoin illegal. Whether we like to admit it or not, most of people would sell everything they have once its made illegal, some may continue to fight the central banking but the sad reality is that as soon as people start making profits, they will dump it and move on.

In my opinion, It was really possible that government can stop the circulation of bitcoins because president controls the entire country but i think that only the countrie's with government that is knowledgeable in crypto currency or bitcoins will have the possibility of doing it because most of the countrie's government today are focus on killing drugs.

Master_dandosha

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

IF YOU Enjoy Trade with ME ..PUT Feedback Please

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 07:04:48 PM

I don't think that government able to control bitcoin because it is decentralized but market mess will be created over and over against bitcoin and alternative coins .

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
saenko

Activity: 262

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 07:09:48 PM

I don't think that government able to control bitcoin because it is decentralized but market mess will be created over and over against bitcoin and alternative coins .

Panic in the market is created by those people who do not want to believe that bitcoin is a very strong coin. With every minor news, they begin to panic. I think that the government has no way to ban bitcoins

Shikaina

Activity: 364
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 08:41:57 PM

This is a serious discussion. I mean, after I've seen how bitcoin (and other cryptos as well) got dumped badly after an irrelevant law that makes ICOs illegal. I can only imagine now what would happen If more countries do the same thing and It could get worst by make itself bitcoin illegal. Whether we like to admit it or not, most of people would sell everything they have once its made illegal, some may continue to fight the central banking but the sad reality is that as soon as people start making profits, they will dump it and move on.
Everything can possibly happen. Yes the government  can prevent all transactions online of bitcoin and activities too but if it happens, they must have a big reason for doing it. It will not be easy for them to take a careful look to prevent all activities involving bitcoin online.
i287853

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 10:16:38 PM

Everything can possibly happen. Yes the government  can prevent all transactions online of bitcoin and activities too but if it happens, they must have a big reason for doing it. It will not be easy for them to take a careful look to prevent all activities involving bitcoin online.
Agreed. Governments can indeed ban the use of bitcoins and several countries already did. But the issue is how they enforce it. Some governments already have their hands full on other big issues and stopping the use of bitcoins or cryptocurrencies in general would be the least of there concern.

bitcoindusts

Activity: 1050
Merit: 269

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 11:39:38 PM

Agreed. Governments can indeed ban the use of bitcoins and several countries already did. But the issue is how they enforce it. Some governments already have their hands full on other big issues and stopping the use of bitcoins or cryptocurrencies in general would be the least of there concern.

The government can ban but they can never stop the network from moving as long as there is a single person running it.  Aside from that there is no collective effort from different country in stopping Bitcoin transactions.  And another thing, there is already some Bitcoin country so definitely a single government can never stop bitcoin.
untugede

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 12:24:02 AM

The government can ban but they can never stop the network from moving as long as there is a single person running it.  Aside from that there is no collective effort from different country in stopping Bitcoin transactions.  And another thing, there is already some Bitcoin country so definitely a single government can never stop bitcoin.
it is like that, hard to stop the movement of bitcoin because of its very much use.
and if the government dismisses bitcoin it will certainly also affect the community.
namely by adding the poverty rate that will occur in the future because of losing their bitcoin work

Mycro Jobs                                                                                                                                                 
| SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE
⟩                                                                                                                                                       
                                                    ⟩⟩ Telegram ⟩⟩ Twitter ⟩⟩ Medium ⟩⟩ Github ⟩⟩ Instagram ⟩⟩ LinkedIn ⟩⟩ YouTube ⟩⟩ Facebook
darthmaul

Activity: 714
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 03:25:46 AM

There might not be complete stop of use of bitcoin if someday bitcoin is being stopped or banned our government. Well, torrents are illegal in many countries and not in some countries. We use proxies, vpn, to access them and still get what we want. The case would happen with bitcoin if ever in time bitcoin is banned by our government. The only stuff that we will need to take care of is not to get caught and enjoy the payments online and use it online itself as we may not be able to withdraw it in the banks afterward.

But that would be the case if government really bans the bitcoin use. Most probably this won't happen as government it self might be planning to use it in its application to nation. It's good help to digitalise everything.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
e-coinomist
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085

Money often costs too much.

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 03:39:03 AM

Panic in the market is created by those people who do not want to believe that bitcoin is a very strong coin. With every minor news, they begin to panic. I think that the government has no way to ban bitcoins

Jamie Dimon taken as a recent example. His bashing did not really caused a panic, but his origins are to be considered.
Goverments are overated in a globalized society. Corporations expanded into the scale of countries. There are banks of that size.

A goverment has ruling limits documented by their constitution. Any of the other players of compareable sizes are not limited by something even similar. I think they are the real thread. And those got a lever into politics by lobbying, bribery or other means.
Jose Mourinho

Activity: 534
Merit: 250

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 03:47:22 AM

I think that the government sees a threat in the bitcoin and can destroy it with the help of bad news and prohibition, but I do not think that they will do it because most of this kind of earnings is interesting.
yes true, if cryptocurrency is legalized then it becomes a fiat money threat, everyone will switch to cryptocurrency and leave the bank because it proves to be more effective and profitable.

█████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
kidsuzudn

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 03:53:39 AM

Jamie Dimon taken as a recent example. His bashing did not really caused a panic, but his origins are to be considered.
Goverments are overated in a globalized society. Corporations expanded into the scale of countries. There are banks of that size.

A goverment has ruling limits documented by their constitution. Any of the other players of compareable sizes are not limited by something even similar. I think they are the real thread. And those got a lever into politics by lobbying, bribery or other means.
I think it's not his recent example, it's his opinion, his view about bitcoin and i don't think he got a large view at all. I guess he has 2 reasons to give his opinion to community :
1/ He want to gather as much bitcons he can for real.
2/ He doesn't understand that much about the market or the real meaning of crypto currency ( preseted at Bitcoin).
But i'm really thinking that he's at the point 2 cause he worked at the banks and cryptos are really a barrier in the development way of bank economics. So i think he try to low the real valuable of crypto.
Tsuloid

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 04:56:38 AM

There is the phrase: Fear is free, on this occasion, the time will give its verdict, how many forecasts we have heard about the prices of the cryptocurrencies, and the future expectations about the acceptance to Bitcoin in the economies in some countries, the news on the change in the laws of Japan with Japan's tax reform bill which officially eliminated consumption tax on the sale of Bitcoin came into effect on July 1, 2017.

reference https://cointelegraph.com/news/its-official-japan-has-eliminated-tax-on-bitcoin-rise-in-trading-expected

Before the authorities of Japan prohibited the transactions with bitcoin but decided (wisely) to eliminate the tax on Bitcoin.
The subject has much to debate, but all the economies look for to take the best decision on the cryptocurrencies
aoihs00

Activity: 700
Merit: 300

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 05:50:45 AM

Government can do anything and there is always pressure of authority bodies when something extra ordinary happens within the world. However in developed countries government might just not care much about bitcoin or digital world as long as something illegal is not happen with it. The vulnerability of getting stopped with bitcoin might arise in the countries which are underdeveloped because the government won't allow people's to use third world currency as they may loose control over there own. This is complex and you never know what decision your government might just take in first place.
UsernameBitcoin

Activity: 530
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 01:29:44 PM

Governments can't stop Bitcoin because it has no borders. Bitcoin is a decentralized network of computers with an insurmountable has power. Maybe before, but not anymore.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Lady Coquet

Activity: 454
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 05:13:31 PM

In my own opinion, the government has the power to stop bitcoin because they are the one's who make the rules in the countries. Whether we like it or not, the government can remove bitcoin in the internet in instant. But we still hope that it will not happen because are hopes and dreams to be rich with bitcoin will be gone.
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 05:25:36 PM

Bitcoin has once been declared illegal once even by china themselves even though they cam out later to say the news wasn't accurate but did that stop bitcoin from thriving ? No!

Most countries are already realizing bitcoin cannot be stopped and almost everyone holding bitcoin today are beginning to realize that news related to such bans are just schemes to make people panic and rather than panicking, they will rather hold than selling.

The truth is that we cannot predict what will happen exactly but from the look of things, bitcoin has passed the stage that any country will wake up one day and start banning. We ourselves as a community can control what happens and it is all in our hands.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: