Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:30:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Trust System  (Read 12629 times)
sootedtho

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

Paddy's Pub Egg

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 08:22:02 PM

like swc, i believe a trust system in general is good for the btc community.

it must be designed to not be manipualted tho

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Mikeologist

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 06:14:26 AM

It appears to be the beginnings of a topic-centralized credit union.

TO ANY LAWYERS OR CORPORATE BANKER TYPES INTO BITCOIN, please consider how to do this like the Swiss would.

What?  Can you elaborate?  I'm a little confused.

The trust system just gives you a way to filter feedback given to people based off of trades.
When you buy a house in some countries, they run what they call a credit report; while it is a fair to midland marker for the reliability of the risk, a better way would be to only asses the tested reliability of the risk.

Is this person a risk with my 100 btc; well no, the have proven trustworthy with a lot more than that by someone who is in turn trusted by others: and so on . . .

By establishing a network that does not draw a profit to track this info an provide people with security in an insecure time. The goal being to perpetuate the principals on which bitcoin was founded.

I just hope someone of means has a transcendental understanding as to lead them to the same conclusions.

Simply to help, as I have been helped.

I'm still not exactly sure what you're trying to say... your phrasing and wording is odd, is English your first language?

English is my first language: though I am often profuse.

My point was a bit vague because the concept is likewise vague.

The general idea is simple. A system like this trust concept employed here; not localized to this website, but maintained by an extremely trustworthy group.
This system would be comprised of members, each with a rating.
The rating would be equivalent to a credit score.
Transactions would have to follow some level of structure to prevent abuse.
The end result is a credit score without being tied to a ssn or the like.

People could use this score to secure micro loans and other services that would otherwise draw a turned up nose, currently.

A decentralized currency carries no trust; this proposed system would keep the benefits of bitcoin in place while allowing for an expansive market, for those who desire to use it.
reggie55

Activity: 36

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 01:55:40 AM

This would be a great step forward for the BTC community, and I agree with Mikeologist's idea of how it might work.
pstopman

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 01:57:44 AM

Thanks for informing me about this as when im not a newbie i need to sell a BTC-E code, ill make sure to talk to someone with high trust
BTCGaga

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 05:47:50 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=211858.0

I would suggest reading up on the trust system.  The above link goes to the announcement topic from the Meta section.

I'm going to leave this thread unlocked for newbies to ask questions and help each other understand.  Useless replies and off-topic remarks will be deleted.

Edit - This is a useless reply:
+1 for trust

Hello, forgive me as I am new here. I still do not understand how this trust system will really promote the community since anyone can just put in random rating, right?
matthew412

Activity: 21

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 05:57:20 AM

The problem with this system is that functionally it's a barrier to entry for new people interested in Bitcoin who want to participate in the discussion. Bitcoin is inherently all about being free and openly accessible to everyone to use as they see fit. IMHO the primary forum for discussion of Bitcoin should reflect these values and remove its barriers for "newbies".
bitbybit2

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 12:27:49 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=211858.0

I would suggest reading up on the trust system.  The above link goes to the announcement topic from the Meta section.

I'm going to leave this thread unlocked for newbies to ask questions and help each other understand.  Useless replies and off-topic remarks will be deleted.

Edit - This is a useless reply:
+1 for trust

Trust rating is an evaluation system. Quality of work over quantity is the key.
Mikeologist

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 03:07:14 AM

seems like this system is not really working, everyone around here has trust of 0, even long-standing members. why is that?

Uh, because nobody trusts anybody; seems obvious  Roll Eyes
tysat (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 10:16:42 AM

seems like this system is not really working, everyone around here has trust of 0, even long-standing members. why is that?

Guess you didn't read how the trust system works...

It's based off of your trust network, and time as well.
Mikeologist

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 11:43:48 AM

Upon further reflection I am not going to act as an escrow agent in these forums based upon the following important revelations:

1) You must be licensed to be an escrow agent in the USA
2) Becoming licensed requires a great deal of time and money 
    Getting licensed in all 50 states will cost at least $50k per year

I am still considering this but at this time this is a much more expensive undertaking that I had originally thought.   https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=216729

No one would trust a walk-on Escrow agent anyway; if it is not something you do in real life as a professional, then no one here would have any reason to use your services.
Besides, there are plenty of reputable escrow companies for crypto.

Expecting that much trust in you as a noob, or even me as a JR member, is unrealistic.
Bitcoin-QT

Activity: 20

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 11:04:37 PM

Why isn't the Trust score visible in all sub-forums?
bernard75
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 08:52:21 AM

The trust system is not working.
I still rely on: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=108716.0
tysat (OP)
Legendary

Keep it real

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 10:21:28 AM

The trust system is not working.
I still rely on: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=108716.0

Got some reasoning to back up "The trust system is not working."?  Just saying it doesn't add much to the conversation.
bernard75
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 10:24:42 AM

Got some reasoning to back up "The trust system is not working."?  Just saying it doesn't add much to the conversation.
I just see a bunch of 0 for everybody there. How is it supposed to be working?
tysat (OP)
Legendary

Keep it real

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 10:45:33 AM

Well if you're asking that question I'm going to assume you haven't read about how it works. Reading through the main trust system thread that I link to in the OP explains how it works and why everyone is pretty much at 0 right now.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2013, 11:47:47 AM

It's new, if you could build it up that fast it'd be useless.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Mugiwara

Activity: 11

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 03:51:02 PM

don't think this is a good idea. If trust can be gained through anyone, that could be easily faked by registering more accounts.
Mugiwara

Activity: 11

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 03:52:32 PM

In fact, I have been cheated once by such system. Don't think it can work well. I DON'T trust anyone if I don't know him in the real world
tysat (OP)
Legendary

Keep it real

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 04:03:50 PM

don't think this is a good idea. If trust can be gained through anyone, that could be easily faked by registering more accounts.
In fact, I have been cheated once by such system. Don't think it can work well. I DON'T trust anyone if I don't know him in the real world

Did you read how the system works?  It sure doesn't sound like it.

Sure people can register a ton of accounts and all leave positive reviews, but those don't factor into a score unless someone has all of those accounts in their "trust network".  The point of the system is it gives you a metric on people based off of who you trust and who they've reviewed.

Please make an effort to understand how something works before calling it a bad idea.
pixilatedbtc

Activity: 10

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 06:16:37 PM

Hmmm, maybe I'm missing something, but why not link forum users to wot users and use the trust ratings and lists from there?

Pixilatedbtc
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: