Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:14:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What If Bitcoin is banned?  (Read 11373 times)
lady Royal (OP)

Activity: 720
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2017, 09:52:08 PM

What If Bitcoin is banned in your country will you still use it?

If you use it how will you? How will you exchange it and how will you completely use it as you do before.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
■   .PRIVATE SALE is LIVE.   ■
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Whitepaper   ■   Bounty   ■   Bitcointalk

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                        ███
                     ▄▄ ▀▀▀ ███
                     ██▀ ▄▄ ▀▀▀
                   ▄▄    █▀▀ ▄▄ ██
                   ▀▀ ▄█  ▄▄ ▀
                  ██  ▀ ▄ ▀
                  ▄▄ █▄ ▀▀
                  ▀▀  ▄ ▀
   ▄▄              ██ ▀ ▀
   ██▀               ▄ ▀
  ▄  ▄█         ▄ ▄   ▀
 ███  ▀ █▄ ▄▀ ▀▄  ▀  ▄ ██ ██
  ▀▀ █▄ ▄  ▄█ ▀ █▀  ▀ ▄ ▄▄  ▄█▄
███     ▀▀   ▄█▄       ▄ ▀ ▄ ▀ ▄
▀▀▀ ██ ██ ██  ▀         ▄▄ ▀▀ ▀██
                         ▀ ▄█  ▄▄
                        ▄█ ▀▀ ▀██
                        ▄ ▄█▄
                       ▀▀ ▀▀
                      ██
..Skynet..
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram   ■   Facebook   ■   Twitter   ■   Medium   ■   Reddit   ■   LinkedIn
.CREATING THE INTELLIGENT MACHINE ECONOMY.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ccowl

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2017, 10:01:03 PM

I would still use it. Not sure how the government can really find out you are using bitcoin unless you walk around screaming about it. They could block the exchanges, but you can use proxy or VPN to go around it.
lady Royal (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2017, 10:14:26 PM

I would still use it. Not sure how the government can really find out you are using bitcoin unless you walk around screaming about it. They could block the exchanges, but you can use proxy or VPN to go around it.

I would like to ask you how will you still use it?'
When It will be banned in your country then how can you use it or how can you exchange it in your cash? It will be useless for you isn't it?

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                        ███
                     ▄▄ ▀▀▀ ███
                     ██▀ ▄▄ ▀▀▀
                   ▄▄    █▀▀ ▄▄ ██
                   ▀▀ ▄█  ▄▄ ▀
                  ██  ▀ ▄ ▀
                  ▄▄ █▄ ▀▀
                  ▀▀  ▄ ▀
   ▄▄              ██ ▀ ▀
   ██▀               ▄ ▀
  ▄  ▄█         ▄ ▄   ▀
                         ▀ ▄█  ▄▄
                        ▄█ ▀▀ ▀██
                        ▄ ▄█▄
                       ▀▀ ▀▀
                      ██
..Skynet..
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
aTriz

Activity: 1218
Merit: 683

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 10:24:32 PM

If you use it how will you? How will you exchange it and how will you completely use it as you do before.

Don't really think this is possible since there is just no point in banning Bitcoin. The countries that ban bitcoin would just be crippling themselves and their economy. Most countries would just tax Bitcoin instead of taxing it.

osmo

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 10:34:03 PM

such problems are still unthinkable, but in the country I actually use bitcoin not yet legal, while for the exchange of bitcoin into cash can be done in bitcoin.co.id

BeManga

Activity: 961
Merit: 269

CryptoDirectories.com

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2017, 10:37:47 PM

if bitcoin will be banned in my country i will still use it
i will convert it in game credits paypal etc there still a lot of way to turn it in cash

Bitcoin Directory
Altcoin Directory

Companies Directory
Token Sale Directory

Latest Crypto News
(Updated Every Hour!)
lady Royal (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2017, 10:45:20 PM

Don't really think this is possible since there is just no point in banning Bitcoin. The countries that ban bitcoin would just be crippling themselves and their economy. Most countries would just tax Bitcoin instead of taxing it.

Actually, When government sees that people are earning and using bitcoins without paying tax some people in from the government will think that no money is coming to us, then they will try to ban bitcoin and may put tax on it.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                        ███
                     ▄▄ ▀▀▀ ███
                     ██▀ ▄▄ ▀▀▀
                   ▄▄    █▀▀ ▄▄ ██
                   ▀▀ ▄█  ▄▄ ▀
                  ██  ▀ ▄ ▀
                  ▄▄ █▄ ▀▀
                  ▀▀  ▄ ▀
   ▄▄              ██ ▀ ▀
   ██▀               ▄ ▀
  ▄  ▄█         ▄ ▄   ▀
                         ▀ ▄█  ▄▄
                        ▄█ ▀▀ ▀██
                        ▄ ▄█▄
                       ▀▀ ▀▀
                      ██
..Skynet..
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
digitalgame4life

Activity: 378
Merit: 105

Active forum member, A+ poster, PM good sign camp.

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 10:46:22 PM

If these filthy governments want to ban bitcoin they will do it, this will make it alot harder for users to use bitcoin, but believe me something from the law and government does really affect on how things change, the only way the governments will be shut down is if people actually boycot them and dont obey the rules, in that way the governments cant do sh** , but there are alot of scared people on this planet who just obey the rules and would never disobey, in that way those people will be left behind and people like us profitting from this technology.

soham

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 10:57:46 PM

If the government of my country bans bitcoin, it will be a massacre! because then people will start asking for jobs and my government won't be able to handle it in any way. Bitcoin has given financial freedom to lot of people in my country. They are doing online business to earn money and live a decent life. However, if government steps in and take away that freedom from them, a huge online outrage will break out.

I believe, if a government fails to provide jobs to its youth, it has no right to take away their income and the right to live a decent life. So I am sure, my government won't take any such drastic step on bitcoin anytime soon. 

▄████▄       
██████       
▀████▀       
▀██████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
▄▄█████  ▄██████████████████▄
▄██████▀██  ████████████████████
▄█████▀    ▀  ████████████████████
▄█████▀         ███ ████████████ ███
██████▀          ███ ████████████ ███
███████           ███ ████████████ ███

▄████▄                  ███████   
██████                 ▄██████     
▀████▀                ▄█████▀     
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄    ▄█████▀       
▄██████████████████▄  ██▄ █████▀         
████████████████████  ██████▀▀           
████████████████████  ██████▄             
███ ████████████ ███                     
███ ████████████ ███                     
███ ████████████ ███                       
  [    |    ████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███            ▀████████
███  ███████  ▄  ▀██████
███           ██▄  ▀████
███  ███████  ████▄  ███
███                  ███
███  ██████████████  ███
███                  ███
███  ██████████████  ███
███                  ███
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
  ] 
FACEBOOK  )   (  TWITTER  )
  SUBSCRIBE NOW!!! 
INSTAGRAM  )  (  LINKEDIN  )
bitblackred

Activity: 257
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 10:57:51 PM

I will use it always
in my country many things are banned
Will.Smith

Activity: 415
Merit: 103

"Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty"

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2017, 11:00:58 PM

It will not stop me or most users from this country to use it. Because it's impossible to stop bitcoin phisically. If it will be a crime then it problemm. But if its just unregulated than its not a big deal. We still can use it. Hard regulation from the SEC or other goverment departments could make some trouble but overall its good for economy. It will be less scammers.

DainSLane

Activity: 784
Merit: 112

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 11:02:42 PM

As of now i don't see the possibility that it will be completely band in my country but if it will happen i think they will start blocking sites like wallet and other bitcoin-related websites, and it will be hard to convert bitcoin in to real money, maybe i will just obey the law of our country but as of now i will still use it because this country still have freedom to use bitcoins.
Johnnywelsh

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 11:05:25 PM

I think most likely result would be blocking exchanges from bitcoin into your local currency if it was to happen. Sadly there'd be little you could do to get around it as local or nationwide shops wouldn't accept payments in bitcoins if it was illegal.

Then it comes down to, how useful is a token worth hundreds/thousands of dollars if you can't use it or ever cash out?

We're all hoping for wide adoption at some point, just need to hope all the scam ICOs don't give crypto currency a worst reputation than it already has because of stuff like silkroad and the media reporting it's only useful for illegal activity.

Vaculin

Activity: 2898
Merit: 612

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 11:05:42 PM

Actually, When government sees that people are earning and using bitcoins without paying tax some people in from the government will think that no money is coming to us, then they will try to ban bitcoin and may put tax on it.
IMO instead the government will totally banned bitcoin,how about if they will just put tax on it.They can benefit bitcoin instead.But i believe this is really far from reality.Our government here are not really aware what bitcoin is all about.They just focus on our own currency.And i just love it.I am free to do anything i want to do with my bitcoin.
yugyug

Activity: 616
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 11:08:10 PM

The main purpose of acquiring bitcoin is for payment for goods and services thru peer-to-peer network, fiat exchange is an option. If it is banned in my country in accordance with the law like taxation and anti money laundering law of government then there is no reason to hold bitcoin as it is useless owning  it without any purpose of exchange in my country.
Gotottack

Activity: 882
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 11:22:50 PM

I think it will still be used. But likely the user base will decrease slowly as it will get harder to use and people would prefer convenience. Maybe another coin will come out which would be better than bitcoins and is not banned, and people will flock to that coin because of those factors. Let's not close our minds to the fact that there is a large possibility that it will still disappear in the future, maybe a very far future.
Jerfer

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 11:24:10 PM

Banned? What bitcoin? Oh yeah, lost them in a "boating accident"  Wink

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                ✯     Get Your FREE Coins NOW!        ✯
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                        ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
appleyard

Activity: 359
Merit: 15

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 11:26:56 PM

is it posible that bitcointalk will banned in a specific country.. if this happen using proxy webits will do the job to access this site and change your ip address to become other country address..

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Cobalt9317
Copper Member

Activity: 434
Merit: 278

Offering Escrow 0.5 % fee

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2017, 11:29:24 PM

If a lot of transaction was illegal and including BTC it could be banned in my country fortunately it is still acceptable as a currency crypto though.

I will still use it no one will know that you are using BTC you can still trade it here in forum, nevertheless can't guaranteed that you will not get caught using BTC it is only a matter of luck.
Inkdatar

Activity: 1582
Merit: 523

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 11:34:37 PM

I'm not thinking this would happen in the future as bitcoin is very useful for many. And other countries legalized bitcoin and this one of the source of income for many users. But let's say suddenly banned I think we cannot use it and we're having a difficulty to use or to convert btc into cash.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: