Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:05:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Avalon mining rig clones thread from bitmine.ch (NOW SHIPPING)  (Read 58554 times)
juggalodarkclow
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 01:08:36 AM

We have also in plan to send 1 or 2 (not more because the first batch is only 30 elements) avalon clone to some big/trusted/hero reviewers,
I'd be happy to help  Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Kouye

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 01:11:57 AM

You need to wonder why all those ASIC promises go through pre-order R&D funding.

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
systic

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 02:01:29 AM

Honestly id buy right now if we at least had some pics and stuff to prove it is legit.
vonross2012

Activity: 102

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 02:34:20 AM

Has anyone preordered?
Whats the guess on delivery August?
How many are sold allready?
Are you on google maps so I can see the facility?
OB1

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 02:45:09 AM

Let first try to clone this in the title.

"available for preoder"
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 03:07:31 AM

Hi all,

we thought it may be interesting for everybody to know that we're starting to take preorders for a small batch of what will be an exact clone of the Avalon mining rig. As you know, Avalon isn't taking orders for their rigs anymore and there's a change they won't be doing it soon, BUT they're selling their ASIC ICs. We have ordered a batch of ICs and are ready to assemble & ship out working units based on Avalon's design as early as the beginnings of August 2013. In fact, everything is ready and we're just holding the production waiting for Avalon's ICs to be delivered.

http://www.bitmine.ch

Specs are identical to Avalon's units, 4 modules of 21-22 GH/s each making up an unit of 85+ GH/s using about 650-700W standard ATX PSU.

Some more tweaks are in progress like a watercooling option and a 3U 19" rackmount unit of 170+ GH/s, we will post updates here and on our website as soon as they are available.

If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Happy mining!!

Giorgio Massarotto
CEO
Bitmine.ch
You're doing pretty good to get 85+GH/s out of a 700W PSU.
JohnyBigs

Activity: 560

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 04:25:46 AM

OMG guys only ships in August we swear! And a whole 85GH for the same price that companies will release 350gh/sec such a great deal pre ordered 20!
ryepdx

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 04:41:48 AM
Last edit: May 25, 2013, 05:11:34 AM by ryepdx

From the Avalon batch 3 ordering page: "power consumption: ~ 600w @ 120v AC"
But that's for a three module miner. Not sure what a four module miner pulls.

EDIT:
We have also in plan to send 1 or 2 (not more because the first batch is only 30 elements) avalon clone to some big/trusted/hero reviewers

I would be happy to take receipt of one of these clones and pay for it after receiving it and documenting the unboxing and setup process for everyone here.
gotah

Activity: 63

bitcoin is the future

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2013, 09:00:06 AM

Honestly id buy right now if we at least had some pics and stuff to prove it is legit.

Hi, pics of the complete product are not available simply because we are still waiting the Avalon chips,
in the meantime we are producing the control unit and the pdu.
the case and the sink are currently under cad drawing.

our idea is give many updates about our production, so please register on the newsletter, we will post everything with pics in the news section

Has anyone preordered?
Whats the guess on delivery August?
How many are sold allready?
Are you on google maps so I can see the facility?

Hi, yes we already have a couples of preorder, you can see the stock live on the website,
yes you can see our office on google maps Smiley (check the address in the about us page) but the facility is 1h car drive from our office.

Hi, please register on our newsletter we will post some news soon!

You need to wonder why all those ASIC promises go through pre-order R&D funding.

Hi, yes you are partially right! take in consideration we alredy made a big investment for buying the chips ( around 100'000$) and starting the production of all the components is not so cheap with these small quantity. our R&D is studying the best way to overclock the unit, using a watercooling system... but we will post some about this news next week on the website...

the PSU we select is 750W http://www.super-flower.de/index.php?id=97
from Avalon wiki they suggest:
Code:
for 4 module units: 750W, 60A 12V, at least. recommend for a 20% margin.

this should be enough, in any case you can pre-order without PSU

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ 
Free Distribution! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623937
Bwincoin - 100% Free POS. B5LcTXcUmycXsiSPk5qJWDp4ZxMryxjUMx
Gordon Bleu

Activity: 308

verified ✔

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2013, 09:55:06 AM

sorry to be an ass, but one Order you can cancel,
we have now a Difficulty increase of +1 per Day,
Today we are at 11 Mill,
Tomorow will be 12,
this add's up to at least 71 Million on  August 1,  at 91 there is no more Profit and no more ROI in Avalon
end of August we are at 121 Million, and that's just my naiv Calculation even when all Gpu Fpga's would leave the Network
we are already awating the next gen Miners, so maybe a Diff over 200 Mill is possible this would screw most uf us badly.

but i would maybe pay up to 1800 USD for a 22Gh/s Device in August if you could sell it for 1600 USD it would be a Bonus.

GAWMiners http://gawminers.com/ Gridseed ASICS in stock in USA
ONE YEAR FREE HOSTING AND ELECTRICITY WITH PURCHASE!

AROUSR.COM The Adult Chat Community (21+) We now accept BTCitcoins Smiley               |
Connect with hot girls for chat, talk, trade pics and more!➠Visit http://arousr.com (21+)|
systic

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 10:12:46 AM

I dont need pics of c0ompleted units but maybe of the actual parts you have already. Hell a pic of yall at yalls facility with the parts and a sign saying something like your forum name or something would be good enough to know it is really you and not just a photo you found online.
bclcjunkie

Activity: 833
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 11:35:51 AM

i'd definitely get one, however to avoid another BFL like scenario i'd do go for it only if the unit hashes and you guys are ready to do escrow with John... you can look up bitfountain for yourselves: almost zero sales hype but 100% action... Smiley
Kj1

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 12:00:40 PM

is the price tax included (and whats the rate in switserland)?

can you post the adres of the facility, not the office?  And some way to verify its yours?

giorgiomassa (OP)

Activity: 222
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 12:41:33 PM

sorry to be an ass, but one Order you can cancel,
we have now a Difficulty increase of +1 per Day,
Today we are at 11 Mill,
Tomorow will be 12,
this add's up to at least 71 Million on  August 1,  at 91 there is no more Profit and no more ROI in Avalon
end of August we are at 121 Million, and that's just my naiv Calculation even when all Gpu Fpga's would leave the Network
we are already awating the next gen Miners, so maybe a Diff over 200 Mill is possible this would screw most uf us badly.

but i would maybe pay up to 1800 USD for a 22Gh/s Device in August if you could sell it for 1600 USD it would be a Bonus.

As you said, this is your calculations. Other users are doing other calculations, not everybody is right, these are all speculations. If you were going to make a calculation one year ago when BTC was about $4, would you have taken into consideration that the value would skyrocket to $240 one year later? I don't think so, otherwise you're a wizard!

I dont need pics of c0ompleted units but maybe of the actual parts you have already. Hell a pic of yall at yalls facility with the parts and a sign saying something like your forum name or something would be good enough to know it is really you and not just a photo you found online.

No problems, you'll soon see new pictures with our staff working and with the facility with me holding a nice "Hello bitcointalk world" in my hands  Grin Keep an eye at the updates

i'd definitely get one, however to avoid another BFL like scenario i'd do go for it only if the unit hashes and you guys are ready to do escrow with John... you can look up bitfountain for yourselves: almost zero sales hype but 100% action... Smiley

We are also very angry BFL users, we're waiting since July 2012 for our units to be shipped and reading through all the pathetic delay explanations of Josh we just thought that you can't fool your customers this way, our planning is very accurate and we've been doing similar works already in the past so it's not new stuff for us like it looks it has been for BFL.

can you post the adres of the facility, not the office?  And some way to verify its yours?

Of course the facility is not ours but from a company we've made a partnership with and that we've been working from several years now, making your own production facility is a non sense as it would require millions of investments in equipment and staff. The production is in Italy near Milan in order to keep labour costs low. The exact address can't be told because we have a non disclosure agreement with them. We are however located in Switzerland where we have the offices (hey, that's something most of our competitors DON'T even have!) and we will soon invite some qualified users to come visit us and a couple of them will also come with us to visit the production facility. We can't invite everybody because it's a high security location that produces military parts and visits are really restricted and require prior authorisations.

Kj1

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 12:48:46 PM

can you post the adres of the facility, not the office?  And some way to verify its yours?

Of course the facility is not ours but from a company we've made a partnership with and that we've been working from several years now, making your own production facility is a non sense as it would require millions of investments in equipment and staff. The production is in Italy near Milan in order to keep labour costs low. The exact address can't be told because we have a non disclosure agreement with them. We are however located in Switzerland where we have the offices (hey, that's something most of our competitors DON'T even have!) and we will soon invite some qualified users to come visit us and a couple of them will also come with us to visit the production facility. We can't invite everybody because it's a high security location that produces military parts and visits are really restricted and require prior authorisations.

sounds reasonable, i just interpreted as you guys were some kind of spinoff of a company that owned the production facitliy.

anyways, if I were to buy one with a belgian company with a vat number, how would that work?  Don't have experience with Switzerland in terms of customs and VAT as its not part of the EU but it is of the Schengen countries. 

giorgiomassa (OP)

Activity: 222
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 12:52:48 PM

can you post the adres of the facility, not the office?  And some way to verify its yours?

sounds reasonable, i just interpreted as you guys were some kind of spinoff of a company that owned the production facitliy.

anyways, if I were to buy one with a belgian company with a vat number, how would that work?  Don't have experience with Switzerland in terms of customs and VAT as its not part of the EU but it is of the Schengen countries.  

It's easy, since you have an EU VAT number, we will make you an invoice without swiss VAT (the price stated on the website), you will pay Belgian VAT at the import (paid to DHL, usually) and then you recover the paid VAT from your government as you would do when buying from any other EU supplier.
Gator-hex

Activity: 490

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 12:57:42 PM

Switzerland is often used by Chinese businesses to sneak goods into the EU without paying import duty.  Wink

$6,489 is too risky an investment for me though, I'll stick with $299 graphics cards.

I really hope someone starts building and shipping small cheap ASICs soon or we're gonna lose the network to LiteCoin.  Roll Eyes

Kj1

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 01:14:09 PM

I really hope someone starts building and shipping small cheap ASICs soon or we're gonna lose the network to LiteCoin.  Roll Eyes

or worse, to a bunch of altcoins Cheesy

however i do think that it will be like the beginning of gpu mining. asic hardware will become less expensive in a few years (like a high end gpu now) and wannabe-miners will have to invest to be part of this to earn 50 mBTC a day. the ones having asics this year will be the new "early adopter" generation as seen from 3 years from now or so.  Repeat every two or three years with a new generation of mining technology (or coin).

thanks for the clear answer giorgiomassa, you might want to add that info to the site.

Kouye

Activity: 336

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 01:56:28 PM

The production is in Italy near Milan in order to keep labour costs low. The exact address can't be told because we have a non disclosure agreement with them.

I really fail to understand why you would first find a production unit when you don't even have a working prototype ?
Guess you messed up with priorities, like about every other ASIC manufacturer, apart maybe from freidcat.

Getting money from us to try and make a working unit won't work anymore.

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
candoo

Activity: 602

Vertrau in Gott

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 02:35:17 PM

You dont have any avalon unit?? That means you cant copy it!

Why dont you buy a avalon NOW? It would be much easier for you to clone everything. After that you can ripp off the chips of your avalon and bring them on the new avalon boards.

That means you could have a working copy in about 1 month!

Einer trage des andern Last, so werdet ihr das Gesetz Christi erfüllen.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: