Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:10:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Avalon mining rig clones thread from bitmine.ch (NOW SHIPPING)  (Read 58554 times)
RayG

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 01:03:15 AM

1.) They supposedly ordered 10000 Avalon chips. That means 320 chips/rig x 30 rigs = 9600 chips. Only 400 chips left for them?
2.) I've ordered (but not payed yet) one of the rigs. My order number is >200 and only 30 rigs are available?

Is there something wrong with this picture?
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Kouye

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 02:00:02 AM

In our case, samples will be produced during the next 2-3 weeks as we've already set-up all the commercial stuff, don't worry you'll see the pictures posted here as soon as the samples will leave the factory.

We don't really care about the pictures, nor taking tour in production facilities.

Do you have a prototype working under the specs ?
If you do, then I buy it for twice the price you're claiming. And I don't care about fancy cases, raw PCB will do.
If you don't, then just go back to silence and ask for your "R&D" team to overclock and watercool your scam, cause it's getting old.

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
giorgiomassa (OP)

Activity: 222
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 09:33:40 AM

This has the feeling of legitimacy but so far I've seen no solid proof, just some convincing talk.  If you have a facility, produced a control unit/pdu, made CAD drawings, reverse engineered the Avalon rig, bought $100k worth of chips, etc. why not post evidence of this in the original post?  Surely you realize the climate of suspicion around here, every week there are new scams from people claiming to have the next great ASIC rig.  I realize you say you are going to be posting pictures in a couple days but couldn't you have waited to have pics in hand to make your post?  You would have gained a lot of credibility had you provided this stuff on your own, but instead people had ask for it.  It shouldn't be a big deal to take a screenshot of some CAD drawings, show proof of chip purchases, take your cell phone out and take a pic of your facility and so on - right?

Sure, I fully understand your concerns, that's why we gave as much as possible informations about us in person and our company.  However, like stated before, we are a legit company with legit office hours, our staff is on work only starting from tomorrow morning and I promise you that tomorrow we will post more pictures about our work and our staff, along with the proof (transaction id) of the ASIC chip order.

Am I reading correctly, only 6 left in this first batch? Are there plans for future batches or is this it for the next few months?

Yes we nearly sold out, yes we're taking into consideration to buy another batch but we will publish further news in the next few days.

Only 6 left, 14 hours ago they had 20 left. by the end of the weekend they will have made 30 times 6600$, about 200K. The capital of the company is about 100K.

their companies purpose as stated in a rev of 27.10.2011:
The supply, construction, sales and consulting products and services in the field of computer science, in particular those related to the Internet such as hosting, housing, co-location, IP telephony and / or traditional, streaming video and all other assets in the field of telecommunications. The company may carry out commercial operations, industrial, financial and banking, mortgage and real estate, including the purchase, sale, exchange of movable property, real estate, vehicles and property rights. The company may acquire stakes in companies and enterprises, as well as own property and participate in consortia and clusters.

more here:
http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fti.powernet.ch%2Fwebservices%2Finet%2FHRG%2FHRG.asmx%2FgetHRGHTML%3Fchnr%3D5143029505%26amt%3D501%26toBeModified%3D0%26validOnly%3D0%26lang%3D3%26sort%3D0&act=url

27.10.2011 is one month after BFL announed their 4.5 ghz miner. (22/09/2011)

Makes sense imo - if you'd have an IT company with chip production connections, and saw the bitcoin hype of 2011 and the ASIC future; it'd be a reasonable future direction right?  Just wait for the right time (ASIC chips & schematics), get the basics going, announce, make "riskless" money as you're just cloning tech...  And hopefully keep up the promises Cheesy

And does seems legit.... Why risk an 8 year old company with 100K capital for only the double?

And why use an escrow when you get the money without?

Still, the lack of proof is discouraging. I think with the right pictures & order proof of the chips, they would have sold out their 30 units in 5 minutes. 

Thank you for doing such a research!

Your conclusions are quite correct, we are an 8 years old company and yes we saw the bitcoin market evolve (actually, explode) in the last few months, so we decided to pull in additional 100k SFr in the company to fund the buying of the ASIC chips from Avalon and make our own miners, based on Avalon's design. We have all the business connections and know-how to do this in pretty short time in-house without having to hire external resources like other builders are doing.

Lack of pictures is sincerely due to lack of personal time, as stated in my previous post, tomorrow my first priority will be doing more pictures and post them for you here.

Where are you located ? i'm from Switzerland too and i would like to visit you just to make sure it's legit,
is this possible ?

Yes sure we will be very happy of that so that other users will also know we're legit, you can find our address under the contacts, we're in Camorino, Tessin. Please contact us on PM first to arrange the visit!

Che fortuna che nn siete Camorrini Wink

Hahahah si in effetti il nome della località in cui abbiamo la sede è parecchio ambigua  Grin

1.) They supposedly ordered 10000 Avalon chips. That means 320 chips/rig x 30 rigs = 9600 chips. Only 400 chips left for them?
2.) I've ordered (but not payed yet) one of the rigs. My order number is >200 and only 30 rigs are available?

1) yes this is right, all the 10'000 chips are dedicated to the production, the 400 chip left are for spare parts in case something goes wrong during the production.
2) the order id number is incremental, but was not started from zero, and take in mind that before lauching the website we made some tests to be sure everything was working correctly with the checkout methods.

giorgiomassa (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 09:56:38 AM

Hello Giorgio,

This new hardware offer seems very interesting. I'm located in Switzerland too (Lausanne), my associate and I would be happy to pay a visit once you have a working protoype (I think he contacted you already).

Just two quick questions: why the pre-order system if you really already have paid for the chips? Would you accept escrow then, if this was not BS and you really don't need the money, or do you need it anyway for R&D purposes? (not trying to imply anything here or being rude, it's just that the ASIC business is like the far west, and BFL you-know-what).

Second question, why the prices in USD and not in BTC? Imagine that USD/BTC doubles: your product value increases while your price tag stays the same, absurd! Imagine that USD/BTC halves: your product value halves, while your price tag stays the same.

As others have mentioned, I wouldn't buy a pre-order at this stage but I'll keep a close eye on your topic and website, and I'll be very interested in buying ASICs from you if you succeed with the prototype and have competitive prices compared to other AVALON chips assemblers.

Cheers,

Matt

Salut Matt,

Nice to hear from people of the Swiss Bitcoin community!

1) Regarding the visits, you are mostly welcome, I will inform you once the first prototypes leave the factory so that you can come to see us!

2) There was a huge demand on the market and with the preorders, we get the customers as soon as possible. Cashflow is an important factor in every kind of company, and in fact the huge success we had with this batch of presales will allow us to fund one or more new batches, which is good for the whole community. It will also allow us to pay the production facility earlier, which in turns means that our products will be manufactured with a greater priority.

3) Good question, I'm glad that you asked it! We struggled quite some time on this, what has to be fundamentally considered is that the funds for buying the first lof of ASIC chips were raised entirely in SFr due to shares and profits distribution with other investors that didn't have bitcoins ready. As such, we already "pinned" the price of the only bitcoin-paid component of our product, as everything else is going to be paid in traditional currencies, so the most natural choice was to sell the whole product in dollars. Also, it has to be said that for newbie users, buying bitcoins is still quite cumbersome, so we wanted to give them the opportunity to jump into this market. There are, however, a couple of customers that paid in bitcoin with bitpay, but unfortunately it's the minority.

4) We are looking forward to have you as a customer too in the next few weeks when we'll have the prototypes ready  Cheesy

jeroenn13

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 12:09:09 PM

Hi,

I am interested in this product and subscribed to the newsletter.
I hope this shit is real.

-Jeroenn13

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
giorgiomassa (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 12:15:11 PM

In less than 48 hours from the launch, all the 30 units of the first batch of Avalon mining rig clones have been sold out!

Please do not send us enquiries to sell you other units as we're not yet open for a further batch. We will give the customers that bought with wire transfer to our bank account 5 working days time to clear the payment, after this the order will be automatically cancelled and will leave room for other buyers. Further instructions will be sent by e-mail to relevant customers.
Pistachio
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 01:30:43 PM

I hope the final shipping queue is based on when people actually paid and not when someone ordered then complained then eventually might pay. I understand people's concern but don't take up a slot from someone else unless you are willing to pay for it when you place an order.
giorgiomassa (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 02:10:40 PM

I hope the final shipping queue is based on when people actually paid and not when someone ordered then complained then eventually might pay. I understand people's concern but don't take up a slot from someone else unless you are willing to pay for it when you place an order.

Yes, of course! The orders that aren't paid yet are still "pending" and won't enter the shipping queue until we clear the payment. I will add this question to the FAQ too.
RayG

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 02:13:01 PM

1) yes this is right, all the 10'000 chips are dedicated to the production, the 400 chip left are for spare parts in case something goes wrong during the production.
2) the order id number is incremental, but was not started from zero, and take in mind that before lauching the website we made some tests to be sure everything was working correctly with the checkout methods.

Not a single system in house for testing, demo etc.? Doesn't sound right...
costapete

Activity: 208
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 08:21:18 PM

Vapor ware?
matt4054
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 08:29:38 PM

Give them some time to show their how competent their are with their business.

All of their pre-orders have been sold anyway, so now I would suggest switching to the "wait & see" mode. As discussed, some members, including myself, are willing to visit them and see what they can manufacture. Then it will be a good time to invest in a new batch production, if things go well and price stays competitive like for their 1st batch.
SwissMiner

Activity: 294

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 09:02:49 PM

Next time when I'm in Locarno at Paracentro I'll visit Exion Networks SA (former MASSAWARE SA), it's just a 5 Minute drive away.

.. bitcoin's make the world go around .. world go around .. world go around ..
costapete

Activity: 208

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 10:12:29 PM

Can the 3 company guys that just racked in a few hundred thousand post up

: all info about company CEO and names
Picture

-all the work they have completed thus far...who's working on them.   Photos

This will help , then in the next few days someone shoud go ver there to verify...I will give a .1 BTC bounty for the forum visitor, perhaps others will offer bounty as well.

LETS SEE SOME POST HERE FROM THE COMPANY SHOWING PROOF
gotah

Activity: 63

bitcoin is the future

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 10:51:31 PM

Next time when I'm in Locarno at Paracentro I'll visit Exion Networks SA (former MASSAWARE SA), it's just a 5 Minute drive away.

Hey Hi,

yes paracentro of Locarno, is near us, 15 min from our office Smiley give us a call and we will be happy to receive your visit.

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ 
Free Distribution! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623937
Bwincoin - 100% Free POS. B5LcTXcUmycXsiSPk5qJWDp4ZxMryxjUMx
gotah

Activity: 63

bitcoin is the future

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 10:55:12 PM

Not a single system in house for testing, demo etc.? Doesn't sound right...

don't worry we reserved 2 units of the batch of 30

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ 
Free Distribution! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623937
Bwincoin - 100% Free POS. B5LcTXcUmycXsiSPk5qJWDp4ZxMryxjUMx
Kj1

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 11:08:48 PM

also wondering what the company did in the 8 years prior to now?

dan99

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 08:23:10 AM

targeting the newbies he only has 23 post  Grin
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 08:36:24 AM

The production is in Italy near Milan in order to keep labour costs low. The exact address can't be told because we have a non disclosure agreement with them.

I really fail to understand why you would first find a production unit when you don't even have a working prototype ?
Guess you messed up with priorities, like about every other ASIC manufacturer, apart maybe from freidcat.

Getting money from us to try and make a working unit won't work anymore.

+ 1

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
ewitte

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 11:27:32 AM

I only have $159 in fiat, what does that buy me? I am serious about this amount. Everything regarding Avalon has had outrageous prices, true the device comes with benefits while the diff is low, but how can I acquire so much money for a single 10 chip module fully assembled?

I'm sorry we can't help you here directly but you can check out other DIY threads here on bitcointalk, there's the Klondike board that looks promising, unfortunately the smallest unit we're building & selling is using 320 Avalon ICs and with that amount you buy just about 15 pcs of them.

Price is a big issue for a lot of newbies if there was just something even $500 it would generate a lot of interest.  I guess the hard part is to actually get them out lol.  Most of what is available is higher $/MH than available GPU cards.

Donations
BTC - 13Lgy6fb4d3nSYEf2nkgBgyBkkhPw8zkPd
LTC - LegzRwyc2Xhu8cqvaW2jwRrqSnhyaYU6gZ
bclcjunkie

Activity: 833
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 11:48:23 AM

any chance to take a look at the pictures?  Cheesy

Lack of pictures is sincerely due to lack of personal time, as stated in my previous post, tomorrow my first priority will be doing more pictures and post them for you here.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: