Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:09:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Avalon mining rig clones thread from bitmine.ch (NOW SHIPPING)  (Read 58554 times)
one4many

Activity: 516
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 08:44:49 PM

Can the members that are going for the visit please.  Reply below? Thanks
It's me. I intend to write a report about my visit incl. some pictures.
Why do you ask? Do you want to pay half of my petrol bill?!  Wink
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KS

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 09:10:07 PM

Can the members that are going for the visit please.  Reply below? Thanks
It's me. I intend to write a report about my visit incl. some pictures.
Why do you ask? Do you want to pay half of my petrol bill?!  Wink

Seriously...

I mean no disrespect but you just showed up and now you'll be vouching for *potential* scammers. Do you see a problem here?
costapete

Activity: 208
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 09:13:40 PM

any members that have forum history able to go so there is more than one guest?

one4many

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 09:19:09 PM

Seriously...
I mean no disrespect but you just showed up and now you'll be vouching for *potential* scammers. Do you see a problem here?

Seriously!
And who are you to judge?
Come and meet me on Friday, show some commitment, like I do.
Have you even ordered one unit? Probably not ...  Tongue
KS

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 09:45:52 PM

Seriously...

Seriously!
And who are you to judge?
Come and meet me on Friday, show some commitment, like I do.
Have you even ordered one unit? Probably not ...  Tongue

dude, dick inside pants. not a race.

sell your car, sell your house, whore your wife to buy their miners, see if I care.

right now you're playing against the ones you want to invest in. new accounts are butt friends with scammers in pretty much every scam you can find in this forum. don't be surprised you're not taken seriously, especially after posting the kind of BS you just did.
Kj1

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 11:04:17 PM

Friday 31.05.2013 some buyers/forum members come to visit us in our office, I really hope someone make a review of this event in this thread or in the forum.  Wink

Thats multiple.  Who are the other ones?
I know post count reputation sucks (hmm) but pick someone we (and you) know and thrust as reputable forum members.  Otherwise the visit will add no value to your companies reputation nor our opinion.

No disrespect intended to one2many btw

matt4054
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 11:10:17 PM

I am one of the several members here who will visit later, but not before they can show us a working prototype. I have a moderate post count and relatively fresh account (a bit more than 2 months ago) but I will be among others. Patience guys, the 1st batch is already soldout, again.
Kouye

Activity: 336

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 11:52:29 PM

Patience guys, the 1st batch is already soldout, again.

Yeah. No wonder those scams live on, as people still fall for it massively.
Almost makes me wanna open pre-order for my own designed 500GH/s unit, seems so easy.... But I care too much about my karma for that.

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
kevindeangelis

Merit: 130

3D-Printing goes Blockchain!

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 11:59:03 PM

Patience guys, the 1st batch is already soldout, again.

Yeah. No wonder those scams live on, as people still fall for it massively.
Almost makes me wanna open pre-order for my own designed 500GH/s unit, seems so easy.... But I care too much about my karma for that.

You have them!? oh, you don't? that's ok!  Where can I pre-order? ... LOL!

peterepeat

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 02:09:47 AM

Hi,
Thanks for starting this.
If I have a 3 module Avalon will you be able to supply an additional module to take it from 63 to 85 GH? How much will it cost?
Cheers

this is something interesting we are already considering, I'm unable to tell you how much will it cost right now.
at the moment our priority is be ready with all the hardware for the incoming Avalon Chips, so we don't have so much time for elaborate this new product, but I'm quite sure we will give this possibility too

Hi,
has there been any progress with this option?
Thanks
one4many

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 05:13:59 AM

Friday 31.05.2013 some buyers/forum members come to visit us in our office, I really hope someone make a review of this event in this thread or in the forum.  Wink

Thats multiple.  Who are the other ones?
I know post count reputation sucks (hmm) but pick someone we (and you) know and thrust as reputable forum members.  Otherwise the visit will add no value to your companies reputation nor our opinion.

No disrespect intended to one2many btw

No offense taken .. Unlike with some other users who made it real quick on my ignore list.
Anyhow, if the real buyers of that first batch have any questions they want me to ask them, please PM me.

steamboat

Activity: 648

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 05:40:58 AM

UPDATE 27/05/2013: as requested from many users, we are showing the proof that we bought a batch of 10K ASIC chips from Avalon:

Code:
Transaction ID: efaf0e029033015eda118ce7de7dd0d3e71dffc39ba9ff23c5277d369b863a99
Our wallet ID: 1Cz1pTK8GxsJqdHQrFLWh77WwYsyqyDX3k
Proof signature: HHD2h3KaNDTJPqlHt87JEO+1cCglkLUnxEaZs/Bxp8ykqfYrS/0Z1FCsL+Lb8xsIzkxfGvw3g0i7Cxw0DnageuI= (message: bitcoin.ch)

Is the message "bitcoin.ch" ?

ASIC miners available for purchase

Those who serve best, profit most.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 06:03:19 AM

UPDATE 27/05/2013: as requested from many users, we are showing the proof that we bought a batch of 10K ASIC chips from Avalon:

Code:
Transaction ID: efaf0e029033015eda118ce7de7dd0d3e71dffc39ba9ff23c5277d369b863a99
Our wallet ID: 1Cz1pTK8GxsJqdHQrFLWh77WwYsyqyDX3k
Proof signature: HHD2h3KaNDTJPqlHt87JEO+1cCglkLUnxEaZs/Bxp8ykqfYrS/0Z1FCsL+Lb8xsIzkxfGvw3g0i7Cxw0DnageuI= (message: bitcoin.ch)

Code:
bitcoind verifymessage 1Cz1pTK8GxsJqdHQrFLWh77WwYsyqyDX3k HHD2h3KaNDTJPqlHt87JEO+1cCglkLUnxEaZs/Bxp8ykqfYrS/0Z1FCsL+Lb8xsIzkxfGvw3g0i7Cxw0DnageuI= "bitcoin.ch"
false

Nope, there's a typo. You meant bitmine.ch.

Code:
bitcoind verifymessage 1Cz1pTK8GxsJqdHQrFLWh77WwYsyqyDX3k HHD2h3KaNDTJPqlHt87JEO+1cCglkLUnxEaZs/Bxp8ykqfYrS/0Z1FCsL+Lb8xsIzkxfGvw3g0i7Cxw0DnageuI= "bitmine.ch"
true

Yes, that is your wallet.

Buy & Hold
slightboyme

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 06:26:22 AM

Ok, I may have missed this but what is the difference between this and the Avalon chip group buy + open source board? Is this gonna ship earlier?

Thanks
Kj1

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 08:25:59 AM

well its a clone of the avalon rigs, so its not a DIY rig.  In terms of ghs/chip and power consumption you get, theres no difference as it uses the same chips.

They'll receive their chips in two months (just placed their order) if everything goes well. They also need some time to make the actual clones and place the chips on the PCBs, test everything, etc.  So if all goes well, its mid-august.  It depends on avalon, their capabilities and problems they encouter - if the offer is valid at all. I do not know whether there is a group buy with an earlier delivery date?

An another note, did avolon actually already send out asic chips to people/group buys who ordered more then two months ago?  Is the two month delivery accurate? 

steamboat

Activity: 648

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 08:29:58 AM

well its a clone of the avalon rigs, so its not a DIY rig.  In terms of ghs/chip and power consumption you get, theres no difference as it uses the same chips.

They'll receive their chips in two months (just placed their order) if everything goes well. They also need some time to make the actual clones and place the chips on the PCBs, test everything, etc.  So if all goes well, its mid-august.  It depends on avalon, their capabilities and problems they encouter - if the offer is valid at all. I do not know whether there is a group buy with an earlier delivery date?

An another note, did avolon actually already send out asic chips to people/group buys who ordered more then two months ago?  Is the two month delivery accurate? 

They stated end of may, so they should be shipping shortly.

ASIC miners available for purchase

Those who serve best, profit most.
cycloid

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2013, 08:32:31 AM

I dont know if its just me but when I hear ASIC I have this nasty feeling go down my spine.

I hope this preorder nightmare will stop soon.

giorgiomassa (OP)

Activity: 222

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 09:35:32 AM

OK guys, I'm in. I'll send money for my order tomorrow.

I don't expect much profit (if any) from this rig, but I'd like to support your enthusiasm. I'm HW/SW industry veteran and my instinct tells me that you are the right team. I expect some great things from you in the future (gen II ASIC miners...)  Wink

Thank you RayG for your support!!!  Grin
giorgiomassa (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 09:45:08 AM

Hi,
Thanks for starting this.
If I have a 3 module Avalon will you be able to supply an additional module to take it from 63 to 85 GH? How much will it cost?
Cheers

this is something interesting we are already considering, I'm unable to tell you how much will it cost right now.
at the moment our priority is be ready with all the hardware for the incoming Avalon Chips, so we don't have so much time for elaborate this new product, but I'm quite sure we will give this possibility too

Hi,
has there been any progress with this option?
Thanks

Yes, still working on that, we'll finish to calculate the exact of this option price once we finish the first prototypes (see below).

any members that have forum history able to go so there is more than one guest?

Yep we are dealing with a couple of potential hero members that will come in next week to see the first prototypes, I will keep you updated.

Ok, I may have missed this but what is the difference between this and the Avalon chip group buy + open source board? Is this gonna ship earlier?

Thanks

There's a huge difference here: this is a complete assembled system that has been manufactured with multimillion $ equipments (see the pics of the fab), tested and covered by warranty. DYI is nice for a very small nice of people that actually have SMD soldering skills but even there the reliability levels wouldn't be the same as a machine-made product. We expect to see (sadly!) lots of people burning or in some other ways damaging the ASICs they've group-bought, that's also the reason why very soon we will put an option to buy our clone at a discounted price if you send in your ASICs.

giorgiomassa (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 09:53:49 AM

Some more updates about current progresses:

- Friday morning the first PCBs will leave the factory, I will go to pick them up so that we and our visitor can upload some pictures in the afternoon.

- Monday all the components for the sample batch will come in, I will then bring these along with the PCBs the same day to the factory so that they can set-up all the stencils, pick and place programs, etc. In that moment I will also take a picture of myself in the factory, since somebody here stated that I've taken the pictures from the Internet LOL  Grin

- One single prototype will be hand assembled here in our labs, two will be machine assembled at the factory. Obviously, you'll see first the hand assembled one, but the factory told me they can give me the machine assembled ones within friday 7th June.

- Case's CAD design is finished and later I'll upload pictures of the final assembly, tomorrow they'll be sent to the factory for first sample batch production, they should land in during next week too.

- Considering that at the end of next week we'll have a lot more to show to visitors, we'll try to make the first visit appointments starting from Monday the 10th of June.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: