Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:27:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Avalon mining rig clones thread from bitmine.ch (NOW SHIPPING)  (Read 58554 times)
ashpooler

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 01:50:42 PM

I am in the same timezone as them and posted my questions the first time shortly after the preorder start.
Also, when I schedule the start of a preorder, especially for a high profile and sensitive item like this, I would factor in some time for customer questions and feedback.

You should have posted your questions 2 days before, when they announced that there is a 2nd batch coming.  Wink
And what difference please would that have made in your opinion? Did they loose their fingers or online access since then? What if I just saw this thread, had only a "few minutes" until batch #2 might be sold out and wanted to get in? Just because I preordered and intend to follow through (read: pay for it) I still do have some questions which would ease my mind and simply would like to get answered when I spend $7000 out front on a product.

And jeeez, get off your high horse, just because you rubbed dicks with the 2 guys doesn't mean you can command or propose when a customer can or should have asked questions about a product. Are you even a customer with them?

Sorry for my tone but I'm getting a little pissed now defending why, when or what I ask... to which I still haven't gotten an answer to.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
one4many

Activity: 516
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 03:11:55 PM

Sorry for my tone but I'm getting a little pissed now defending why, when or what I ask... to which I still haven't gotten an answer to.
Why should I excuse your tone?  Huh I've not been verbally abusive in my comment to you.  Angry

To your point: Stop crying like a baby if you invest in something which is not a 100 % sure thing.
There is a chance that you loose your money with every business ... with this one, it is especially high ...
If it is money you can not spare, then you should buy a house instead.

So ..... go and rub your dick on something else to calm down.

BUMP! (the sound of your nickname dropping into my ignore list)

one4many
Kj1

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 03:34:33 PM

the 2nd and 3rd batch of ASICminer erupter blades where sold out in a matter of hours ...
for me 1am .. not a chance in getting one.  Undecided

didn't you order one from the first batch?

PS I cancelled my order for the first batch on the day the bank transfer was due, not because I don't thrust them but because looking at the recent difficulty increase and the arrival date of end-august; the 7000$ would only get me like 5 BTC more when compared to buying now for 7000$.

Assuming I run the device for one year, which is +- 1500$ or +- 10 BTC for electricity (0.20€/kwh in belgium...), and 12-day diff increase window of avg 20% (beware, the asics are coming....) the device would yield 71 BTC - 10 for instant electricity payoff = 61 BTC.  When buying btc now, i'd get 56.  The 5 btc wasn't worth the trouble. And 20% diff increase isn't even the worst case scenario, looks like the next increase will be about 30% (if this keeps on all your 7000$ miners will mine the full total of 20 btc over one year).

Also, if the diff increase is on average only 10%, then I'd have gotten 215 in one year and then I'll feel really pissed in a few months...

Time will answer all the questions.

one4many

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 03:52:13 PM

the 2nd and 3rd batch of ASICminer erupter blades where sold out in a matter of hours ...
Yes, I ordered from the first batch of Avalon CLONES .. but I could not order/bid on the ASICminer blades from friedcat. This is what I meant.  Wink

.... calculation/speculation deleted ....

Oh yes, you are so right Kj1!!! Time will tell us.  Roll Eyes
At the moment my bets are on a raising BTC value and the hope that all the GPU miners move on to something with less difficulty.  Cool

All the best!

one4many
KS

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 04:13:44 PM

PS I cancelled my order for the first batch on the day the bank transfer was due, not because I don't thrust them but because looking at the recent difficulty increase and the arrival date of end-august; the 7000$ would only get me like 5 BTC more when compared to buying now for 7000$.

Assuming I run the device for one year, which is +- 1500$ or +- 10 BTC for electricity (0.20€/kwh in belgium...), and 12-day diff increase window of avg 20% (beware, the asics are coming....) the device would yield 71 BTC - 10 for instant electricity payoff = 61 BTC.  When buying btc now, i'd get 56.  The 5 btc wasn't worth the trouble. And 20% diff increase isn't even the worst case scenario, looks like the next increase will be about 30% (if this keeps on all your 7000$ miners will mine the full total of 20 btc over one year).

Also, if the diff increase is on average only 10%, then I'd have gotten 215 in one year and then I'll feel really pissed in a few months...

How do you pay 0.20€/kwh? I pay 0.085 w/o VAT in a datacenter (i.e. more expensive than in a private home) a bit outside Brussels. AFAIK, you could be paying more like 0.08 VAT included. 0.20 looks really too much.
Kj1

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 04:29:38 PM

How do you pay 0.20€/kwh? I pay 0.085 w/o VAT in a datacenter (i.e. more expensive than in a private home) a bit outside Brussels. AFAIK, you could be paying more like 0.08 VAT included. 0.20 looks really too much.

awwww. Almost got a stroke there.  But vreg gave me the answer.

http://www.vreg.be/sites/default/files/uploads/evolutie_elektriciteits-en_aardgasprijzen_incl__btw_voor_huishoudelijke_afnemers_25_oktober_2012.pdf

graph page 1.  Price depends on the usage - the more u use, the cheaper it gets.  We only use about +- 1000kwh/year, so its pretty expensive - just a bit below the blue line.

The asic would add +- 6000 KwH / year, which would get me the green line, making it about 0.12€ / kwh.  Still expensive though, but I didn't factor this in in my calculation.  

It would be nice though to have a datacenter to deploy the asic, cooling & lower electricity fees!

KS

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 04:48:35 PM

awwww. Almost got a stroke there.  But vreg gave me the answer.

http://www.vreg.be/sites/default/files/uploads/evolutie_elektriciteits-en_aardgasprijzen_incl__btw_voor_huishoudelijke_afnemers_25_oktober_2012.pdf

graph page 1.  Price depends on the usage - the more u use, the cheaper it gets.  We only use about +- 1000kwh/year, so its pretty expensive - just a bit below the blue line.

The asic would add +- 6000 KwH / year, which would get me the green line, making it about 0.12€ / kwh.  Still expensive though, but I didn't factor this in in my calculation.  

It would be nice though to have a datacenter to deploy the asic, cooling & lower electricity fees!

Damn! Luckily I have an old contract.

DCs are nice, but not in Belgium (wayyy too expensive). Every neighboring country is cheaper, Switzerland looks rather interesting, so do Texas/Washington (state)/Canada and The Netherlands.

giorgiomassa (OP)

Activity: 222
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 07:46:40 PM

Well, I guess starting a new batch of preorders and going offline/silent shortly after with open questions from customers might be an answer in itself...

give them a break. After making a turnover of around 700.000 $ in a couple of hours, they probably opened a bottle of champagne (or Appenzeller) or two, and at this time just slowly start to creep out of their beds with heads like ballons.

Ahhahahaah Cheesy Appenzeller is supposed to be a cheese, not an alcoholic drink to party with  Grin

You should also consider the time zone....

Yes please, me & chris have been answering the phone till 3 am yesterday, then we got to stop answering because at 8 am I had to go to the PCB factory to discuss the new production timeline for the 2nd batch... not really that easy to answer to so many questions from so many users, sorry about that we try our best (and I think we're doing pretty good considering that the feedback you get from other mining vendors is close to zero).

I prefer to buy real machines with real gigahashes .. now ..

Can you (all the People with preorders, in the 3rd row too) imagine what is happen when no (nada, zero) chip will be delivered to all the "mega-giga-hash-rig-supplier" ?
No one of this "mega-giga-hash-rig-supplier" can refund you!

Then it will be a little bit quiter then .. enjoy the hum of my real-existing-rig  Wink

Don't worry about that, we are working on plan B already should this ever happen, even if it's very unlikely as Avalon has got a very good reputation and has no reason for not producing a couple more of their already-existing-and-working ASICs from the foundry.

Nobody in the office? A fried of mine was trying to give you a call...

Sorry probably we have been busy on the phone already, try to call again tomorrow morning and please mind the timezone (CET).

Micky25
Legendary

Activity: 974
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 07:57:12 PM

Well, I guess starting a new batch of preorders and going offline/silent shortly after with open questions from customers might be an answer in itself...

give them a break. After making a turnover of around 700.000 $ in a couple of hours, they probably opened a bottle of champagne (or Appenzeller) or two, and at this time just slowly start to creep out of their beds with heads like ballons.

Ahhahahaah Cheesy Appenzeller is supposed to be a cheese, not an alcoholic drink to party with  Grin

While on ski-holidays in Switzerland, we always drink some cups of Appenzeller. I think it can be seen as a Swiss kind of Jägermeister  Cheesy

one4many

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 08:56:42 PM

Hi Giorgio,

Yes please, me & chris have been answering the phone till 3 am yesterday, then we got to stop answering because at 8 am I had to go to the PCB factory to discuss the new production timeline for the 2nd batch... not really that easy to answer to so many questions from so many users, sorry about that we try our best (and I think we're doing pretty good considering that the feedback you get from other mining vendors is close to zero).

Have you considered updating the FAQ section on the website?
I guess you have to answer quite a few similar questions over and over again.
At least this way we all would benefit from the answers of the (intelligent) questions other (potential) buyers have asked.  Roll Eyes

one4many
jimmy3dita

Activity: 588

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 10:22:46 PM

Well I just found that when I tried to purchase my Avalon Clone the first time I have anyway placed my order, so -right now- I have TWO 22ghash pending orders, both around #400.

I want to buy only one so who's late and is interested? I've chosen local pickup and no PSU (2490$), drop me a PM message if you are crazy enough to trust me and send that value in advance...!
Only 24 hours left... Smiley

Acquista il mio libro "Investire Bitcoin": clicca qui
ashpooler

Activity: 27

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 09:57:47 AM

Why should I excuse your tone?  Huh I've not been verbally abusive in my comment to you.  Angry
No, you just have been patronizing me at what point I should have asked my questions.

Quote from: one4many
There is a chance that you loose your money with every business ... with this one, it is especially high ...
Makes you think doesn't it, coming from the guy who even took a visit to bitmine.ch's facilities to prove exactly that it is not and with their full refund gurantee how can there be any risk at all? Or did I miss something?

I just wondered how they plan on fulfilling 100+ more orders without an additional 40k+ of ASICs and hence my question (still unanswered and I wonder why nobody else of the batch #2 customers has asked this yet).

Quote from: one4many
So ..... go and rub your dick on something else to calm down.
BUMP! (the sound of your nickname dropping into my ignore list)
But yes, I have been quite the douche yesterday and would like to apologize for spewing nastiness (did I really make a "dick" reference? Oh lord...).
Especially to one4many and bitmine.ch, of course I appreciate the trip you made and the report. Normally I don't fly off the handle so easily but I was a liiittle stressed out yesterday and pretty on edge to put it this way.

All I can say is, my apologies again to all (which I guess you won't see since I made your ignore list).
giorgiomassa (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 09:50:46 AM

While on ski-holidays in Switzerland, we always drink some cups of Appenzeller. I think it can be seen as a Swiss kind of Jägermeister  Cheesy

Amazing... I didn't know about that, I'll have to try it out!  Grin

Hi Giorgio,

Have you considered updating the FAQ section on the website?
I guess you have to answer quite a few similar questions over and over again.
At least this way we all would benefit from the answers of the (intelligent) questions other (potential) buyers have asked.  Roll Eyes

one4many

Yep, we're working on that because there's a looooot of new questions asked  Smiley

Mikej0h

Activity: 117

Life is short, play long

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 09:47:12 PM

Are you also going to offer the seperate modules?
I have a Avalon B1, and would love to upgrade to a forth module.

EDIT: I see on your website you offer them; I meant to ask for availability (when do you expect to have them)
Also; any particular reason for the pricing? B1 with 3 modules was about 1350 USD, you are asking 890 for a single module.
matt4054
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1035

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 09:57:03 PM

Also; any particular reason for the pricing? B1 with 3 modules was about 1350 USD, you are asking 890 for a single module.

Will you sell me your 3 modules Avalon batch 1 for 1350 USD, or even 2000 USD?
I'm willing to fetch it (almost) anywhere in the world for that price.

If your answer is "no", then you should be able to answer your own question too Wink

Supply and demand...
giorgiomassa (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 10:34:18 PM

The one that just ended was a very busy week, in just two weeks from the start of the opening sales of the batch #1 of Avalon clones, 90% of the first prototype is done!

Now, the only challenge left is getting hands on the first ASIC ICs that Avalon will send out to their customers. We are in contact with several people that bought a lot of Avalon ASIC ICs as soon as they opened for sale, that means that if lead times are respected, we should be getting in the first sample ICs within the next two weeks. Once we have them, we will bring them to the factory and feed everything in the production chain for the pre-production tests like we did for the other boards that you see on the pictures.

In the next few days we'll also post a video of the control unit powered on and controlling the power supply and the leds/fan speed, as soon as we load the FPGA firmware in the control unit.

Stay tuned!  Grin

Micky25
Legendary

Activity: 974

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 11:25:26 PM

looks great  Smiley
bitcoinenthusiast

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 03:11:04 AM

are you planning on batch #3? and if so when?
Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 05:42:18 PM

Name: giorgiomassa
Date Registered: May 07, 2013, 02:31:07 PM

"We have been assembling prototypes of Bitcoin miners since 2010, when GPUs used to be the best choice. Going rapidly through some FPGA mining prototypes, we are now selling bitcoin mining devices based on Avalon’s A3256Q48 ASIC mining chip, while in the meantime our Research & Development team is already working on our own, next generation high performance ASIC mining chip."

http://bitmine.ch/?page_id=29

Bullshits. This deal is similar to TerraHash and BitAxe,hence scam.

I find it incredible how little content is needed for many here to send money out. Looook, they have few PCBs and website, they must be legit!  Cheesy

.... ?

Are you implying that BitAxe.ca is a scam?
Pistachio
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 06:37:02 PM

I just thought Bitaxe looked expensive and did not provide proof they ordered any Avalon chips. I stopped reading their thread after that.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: