Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:12:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Avalon mining rig clones thread from bitmine.ch (NOW SHIPPING)  (Read 58554 times)
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 11:44:56 AM

And now they are going to sell another batch on the 9th September without even the clients from the 1#batch, beside you, receiving their machines.

They == Avalon or they == bitmine.ch?

Bitmine.ch is selling machines on the 9th of September which are not Avalon clones

https://bitmine.ch/?p=882

The two projects are not related and the selling of the 28 nm ASIC has no impact on the production
of Avalon clones

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 11:50:11 AM

The unit comes with the latest firmware (20130723) and the default settings clock wise is 325 MHz, which gives you around 100 to 105 GH/s.

Upgrade to http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/avalon/20130821/ for better results

I experimented with one machine a little and overclocked it to 350 Mhz which resulted in a stable 110 GH/s with a error rate of nearly 7 % (!), which is far to high. Temperature readings at the time where T1:20 T2:46 and T3:47 in a 19 degree cooled server room.
Overclocking the chips to 375 Mhz was a absolutely disaster at a hashing rate of 64 GH/s and error rate of over 50 %.

Did you note the power consumption at the power plug at those speeds?

It seems the bitmine.ch has a 1000 Watt power supply which is a bit on the edge.

A 1200 W power supply would have left more room for running at 350 MHz (the original Avalons run fine at this speed and I hope bitmine.ch has applied more thermal paste to get better cooling)
fwave

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 12:02:13 PM

And now they are going to sell another batch on the 9th September without even the clients from the 1#batch, beside you, receiving their machines.

They == Avalon or they == bitmine.ch?

Bitmine.ch is selling machines on the 9th of September which are not Avalon clones

https://bitmine.ch/?p=882

The two projects are not related and the selling of the 28 nm ASIC has no impact on the production
of Avalon clones

They bitmine.ch, but what do you work for then? I dont say it will have on production, they are trying to get more money before they even show some work. What i saw was photos of the same guy.
cimpex

Activity: 588
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 12:11:11 PM

I'm still waiting for my refund...

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
         █████████████████████████▄   
       ███████                 ██████
     ██████                      ██████
    █████      ███████████▄        ████
   ████      █████████████▀         ████
  ████      █████            ██      ████
 █████     ████     ▄▄▄      ███     ████
 █████     ████   ███████   ████
 ████      ████   ███████   ████
 ████      ████   ██████    ████      ███
  ████     █████   ▀▀▀▀     ████     ████
  ████      █████            ██      ████
   ████      █████████████▄         ████
    █████      ███████████▀        ████
     ██████                       ████
       ██████
         ██████████████████████▄
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
SKYFchain
█▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█      █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█      █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█
fwave

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 12:21:49 PM

I'm still waiting for my refund...

Not even for refunds they are "trustworthy" and good guys, can you tell how much time are you waiting for, because the people who buy the avalon clone had to pay in 1week

Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 02:17:51 PM

So they're scheduling delivery to customers for the first half of December, while saying on the chip page "Please note that while we took the highest possible care in doing accurate and conservative simulations, the real performances of the final product could vary by a +/- 20% tolerance."

In other words, they don't yet have a working prototype from which they can draw real performance numbers.

I feel a bitbet "Bitmine will deliver 28nm miners in December" bet coming on.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
mo_mo

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 02:26:46 AM

any news on batch 2?
RetroGamer

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 05:08:15 PM

und was ist mit Info für Batch 2 und 3 Käufer auf upgrade ?
wie wird die Bestellreinfolge bearbeitet ?
wäre es nicht fair erst mal ihre Bestandskunden zu bedienen bevor weitere Verkaufsbestellung angenommen werden !
ich freue mich auf Ihre eigenen Miner bitte nicht falsch verstehen aber durch die vorbestellten Avalon-Clone-Miner haben sie schon Minimum 300 Geräte die sie fertigen müssen Batch 2 Kunden warten dann schon 6 Monate auf Gerät zum arbeiten

and what about info for batch 2 and 3 buyers upgrade?
how is the net result order processed?
it would not be fair only once their existing customers to use before further sales order are accepted!
I look forward to your own Miner please do not misunderstand, but by the reserved Avalon Clone Miner they already have minimum 300 devices must customize Batch 2 clients then have six months to wait for the device to work
Min€r

Activity: 359
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 06:41:56 PM

und was ist mit Info für Batch 2 und 3 Käufer auf upgrade ?
wie wird die Bestellreinfolge bearbeitet ?
wäre es nicht fair erst mal ihre Bestandskunden zu bedienen bevor weitere Verkaufsbestellung angenommen werden !
ich freue mich auf Ihre eigenen Miner bitte nicht falsch verstehen aber durch die vorbestellten Avalon-Clone-Miner haben sie schon Minimum 300 Geräte die sie fertigen müssen Batch 2 Kunden warten dann schon 6 Monate auf Gerät zum arbeiten

and what about info for batch 2 and 3 buyers upgrade?
how is the net result order processed?
it would not be fair only once their existing customers to use before further sales order are accepted!
I look forward to your own Miner please do not misunderstand, but by the reserved Avalon Clone Miner they already have minimum 300 devices must customize Batch 2 clients then have six months to wait for the device to work

+1
Möchte auch die Infos für die Upgrades - würde gerne meine Batch2 Orders upgraden. / Too want to upgrade my Batch2 orders.

BTC Sticker: German | English  
BTC Promo Sticker Sets: German | English
1P7fvQGyNx2EwUD7zVfY8jvDFjfA5Sq59b
mo_mo

Activity: 194

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 03:06:21 AM

batch 2 miners cost the most and difficulty is rising...there no more chances for any ROI...
tranquille

Activity: 127

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 11:31:18 AM
Last edit: September 09, 2013, 12:15:05 PM by tranquille

In less than two weeks after getting the chips, the first Avalon clones where manufactured and left our warehouse in Camorino, Switzerland.

While most of the customers opted to get their orders shipped, the very first units where picked up on Wednesday and some others will leave through UPS Express service. Tracking number will be provided once available for your order. Please note that the units are delivered according to the original orders queue, so your unit may not show up as shipped yet till next week. While we fully understand the pressure, please do not inquire about the status of your order as we are already doing the best to expedite the process and your order status will be updated by us as soon as updated information such as the tracking number becomes available.

Thank you!

How do the 2 weeks compare?
Unfortunately only the overall time is relevant imho.

Also it would be time to step forward and treat your early customers like they deserved it. What can customers expect in terms of upgrade options. We are waiting for months - and our estimated (now calculated) ROI got crushed within the last 1 month.

Hearing some (likely non customers) complaining that "the risk for customers should have been clear in the first place" - I have to strongly disagree with that opinion.

Bitmine.ch was and is the one profiting the most (by far) and thus is, has and should also bear most of the inherent risk. Not customers.

Waiting for real news.
Micky25
Legendary

Activity: 974

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 12:05:17 PM

Swiss people are among the most honest and upright folks I've done business with in my life. They would rather pay out of their own pockets, before they screw you in a deal.

I'm quite certain that the guys from bitmine will come up with a fair solution to this situation, they won't let us early investors, who provided them the cash to even start their bitcoin business, down with a complete loss.

Who else did receive their Avalon clones? I would love to hear some more success stories  Smiley
play

Activity: 267

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 12:16:35 PM

Bitmine.ch was and is the one profiting the most (by far) and thus is, has and should also bear most risk. Not customers.
Customer protection laws are quite strong here too.

http://www.coindesk.com/avalon-asic-customer-bitcoin-refunds-delivery-delays/

Can't imagine why haven't they asked for their refund.

... they won't let us early investors, who provided them the cash to even start their bitcoin business, down with a complete loss.

They do not recognize this. In previous emails exchanged with them, I made clear we invested on them. Their answer was as cold/rude as it could be. "We do not sell investments, we sell products."

If buying a non existing product from a non experienced "company" based on promises is not an investment on them........

▄▄▄                                               
         ██▀█▀▀▀▀█▄                                         
         █▌██     █▌                                       
         █▌███     ▀█    ▄▄▄          ▄▄▄▄▄                 
        ▐█ ██████   ▀██▀▀▀ █▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀████               
        ██ ████       ▀▀                 ████▄         ▄▄▄   
       ▐█▌ ▄▄███████████▄  ▄███████████▄ ████▌      ▄████ 
      ███ ▄█████▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀ ▐███▌    ▀████▌ ▀████   ▄████▀   
      ██ ▄████▀███████████ ▐███▌███  ▐███▌   ████▄████▀     
     ▐██▐████ █ ███ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▐███▄▄▄▄▄████▀█ ███▀█████▀       
    ▄██▌████▌ █ ██████████▌▐████████████▄  ███▄█████▄       
   ▐███▌▐█████  ██████████ ▐████████ ▐███▌██ ▄████████▄     
   ████▌▀███▄▄  ██ ▄▄████ ▐███████   ████▄████▀ ▀█████▄   
  ▐████▌██▀██████████████▀ ▐████████████▀▄████▀     ▀█████▄
  ▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀

──────  A Crypto Exchange Unlike Any Other
  ✔ SECURITY   ✔ TRANSPARENCY   ✔ ACCESSIBILITY
Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
Bitcointalk
Reddit
Website

HERO/LEGENDARY MEMBER
tranquille

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 12:20:55 PM

Bitmine.ch was and is the one profiting the most (by far) and thus is, has and should also bear most risk. Not customers.

... they won't let us early investors, who provided them the cash to even start their bitcoin business, down with a complete loss.

They do not recognize this. In previous emails exchanged with them, I made clear we invested on them. Their answer was as cold/rude as it could be. "We do not sell investments, we sell products."

If buying a non existing product from a non experienced "company" based on promises is not an investment on them........

I am wondering too - and this is roughly what I would like to hear from them:

Cut the Avalon nightmare short - get refund for ordered chips - and offer bitmine.ch 2nd gen upgrades/replacements.

Else refund the customers that wish to do so.
fwave

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 12:36:08 PM

What you said is truth , but I think that they sell "imaginary" products.
one4many

Activity: 516
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 12:37:13 PM

... (then) ... show me your investment contract!
I guess you bought a product and not an investment. That fact that the product was not in hand straight away makes no difference.

So for example ... you buy new car (BMW, VW, Nissan, ... whatever is your favorite) ... it gets custom made according to your needs and then (usually after months of waiting) delivered (or you arranged factory pick).
Is that an investment as well? I guess not.
You could argue that the Avalon Clones make you money and the car doesn't, but even if you have a Pizza delivery service or run a taxi, I doubt very much that the car manufacturer gives you your money back (or free upgrades ... some dealers might do ... but not the manufacturer), if they bring out a newer and better version in the meantime. So in the end you can cry all day long, but it does not change the fact that you made a mistake in buying that product in the first place.

And here comes the big IF: If I would have known that before, I would not have bought them myself. But after thinking long and hard (when I still had the chance to opt-out) I decided to stay on.
Here comes the small if (at least for me): If you did not think it through, because greed controlled your brain all the way, until you realized that you overpaid or bought the wrong product, then I feel sorry for you and hope you learned a lesson (as did I).

Never the less ... peace and mine for everyone!

one4many
play

Activity: 267

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 12:50:07 PM

This all said by the one who received an email to pickup his avalons before anyone else received any kind of notice...

What's up shill? Having a nice day?

▄▄▄                                               
         ██▀█▀▀▀▀█▄                                         
         █▌██     █▌                                       
         █▌███     ▀█    ▄▄▄          ▄▄▄▄▄                 
        ▐█ ██████   ▀██▀▀▀ █▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀████               
        ██ ████       ▀▀                 ████▄         ▄▄▄   
       ▐█▌ ▄▄███████████▄  ▄███████████▄ ████▌      ▄████ 
      ███ ▄█████▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀ ▐███▌    ▀████▌ ▀████   ▄████▀   
      ██ ▄████▀███████████ ▐███▌███  ▐███▌   ████▄████▀     
     ▐██▐████ █ ███ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▐███▄▄▄▄▄████▀█ ███▀█████▀       
    ▄██▌████▌ █ ██████████▌▐████████████▄  ███▄█████▄       
   ▐███▌▐█████  ██████████ ▐████████ ▐███▌██ ▄████████▄     
   ████▌▀███▄▄  ██ ▄▄████ ▐███████   ████▄████▀ ▀█████▄   
  ▐████▌██▀██████████████▀ ▐████████████▀▄████▀     ▀█████▄
  ▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀

──────  A Crypto Exchange Unlike Any Other
  ✔ SECURITY   ✔ TRANSPARENCY   ✔ ACCESSIBILITY
Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
Bitcointalk
Reddit
Website

HERO/LEGENDARY MEMBER
tranquille

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 12:52:06 PM

This all said by the one who received an email to pickup his avalons before anyone else received any kind of notice...

What's up shill? Having a nice day?

I can only second that.
eneloop
Legendary

Activity: 1513
Merit: 1040

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 01:13:56 PM

I think this guy summarized the whole situation quite good:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=215431.msg3026743#msg3026743
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=215431.msg3027382#msg3027382
erem

Activity: 128

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 01:23:37 PM

... (then) ... show me your investment contract!
I guess you bought a product and not an investment. That fact that the product was not in hand straight away makes no difference.

So for example ... you buy new car (BMW, VW, Nissan, ... whatever is your favorite) ... it gets custom made according to your needs and then (usually after months of waiting) delivered (or you arranged factory pick).
Is that an investment as well? I guess not.
You could argue that the Avalon Clones make you money and the car doesn't, but even if you have a Pizza delivery service or run a taxi, I doubt very much that the car manufacturer gives you your money back (or free upgrades ... some dealers might do ... but not the manufacturer), if they bring out a newer and better version in the meantime. So in the end you can cry all day long, but it does not change the fact that you made a mistake in buying that product in the first place.

And here comes the big IF: If I would have known that before, I would not have bought them myself. But after thinking long and hard (when I still had the chance to opt-out) I decided to stay on.
Here comes the small if (at least for me): If you did not think it through, because greed controlled your brain all the way, until you realized that you overpaid or bought the wrong product, then I feel sorry for you and hope you learned a lesson (as did I).

Never the less ... peace and mine for everyone!

one4many

You are partially right. The problem is that the agreement was not only to deliver a product, but also deliver it in certain time. The customers ordered products which were scheduled to deliver in August. They didn't receive the promised devices on time. When somebody is manufacturer it is always a risk that a supplier won't deliver a product but it is not something that customer may care. There was an agreement between a buyer and seller to deliver the device on time. Passing all the risk to the the final customer is unfair and possibly against EU consumer protection law (don't not Swiss however). That is also very bad move from the marketing point of view since the customer remembers disappointment. I also do not understand why Giorgio is not responding. I understand that he may be overworked, but silence is the worst choice now. I hope Bitmine will show their professionalism and find some solution  Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: