Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 11:42:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [BitAxe.ca] ASIC Mining Equipment Manufacturer - JUST LAUNCHED!!  (Read 19305 times)
jspielberg

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 11:43:56 PM

Although they have a mankey misleading title... they seem at least as legit as Terrahash (for what that is worth).

The fact that they have produced a good number of the PCBs from Avalon's reference docs is promising.  I didn't see them reference how they are getting the boards assembled (if they own their own SMT line/pick and place and reflow ovens).  They mentioned that there is a ton of nano-tech nearby... but I am not sure what nano research has to do with asic mining assembly... other than being in a tech heavy area is helpful.

I think while they are most likely legit... they are going to have a tough time selling their current products due to price and market.  Until they have the full miner available, they can really only sell to current Avalon customers of which there are much less than 1500 world/wide (probably closer to 500).  And their prices seem closest to Avalon's most pricey B3 (within 10% it looks like).

As stated, their prices seem a bit high for an avalon clone.  Currently the most legit/best value option in my opinion seems to be steamboat.  However his design is dependent on BBKCoins... not directly from Avalon.

All that being said, I am trying to be opitimistic. A North American supplier for all parts Avalon would be great (at least for avalon owners)... even if their only value add is customer service.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jimrome

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 01:30:16 AM

Although they have a mankey misleading title... they seem at least as legit as Terrahash (for what that is worth).

The fact that they have produced a good number of the PCBs from Avalon's reference docs is promising.  I didn't see them reference how they are getting the boards assembled (if they own their own SMT line/pick and place and reflow ovens).  They mentioned that there is a ton of nano-tech nearby... but I am not sure what nano research has to do with asic mining assembly... other than being in a tech heavy area is helpful.

I think while they are most likely legit... they are going to have a tough time selling their current products due to price and market.  Until they have the full miner available, they can really only sell to current Avalon customers of which there are much less than 1500 world/wide (probably closer to 500).  And their prices seem closest to Avalon's most pricey B3 (within 10% it looks like).

As stated, their prices seem a bit high for an avalon clone.  Currently the most legit/best value option in my opinion seems to be steamboat.  However his design is dependent on BBKCoins... not directly from Avalon.

All that being said, I am trying to be opitimistic. A North American supplier for all parts Avalon would be great (at least for avalon owners)... even if their only value add is customer service.

Agreed that it is good to have options - but at their prices I don't see them being a reasonable choice if you already have a substantial amount chips in hand (or on the way).

Even Terrahash states that they will assemble a 64 ASIC board for ~BTC2 (at today's price is ~$160USD) or ~half as much as BitAxe wants for an assembled 10 ASIC PCB.

jimrome

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 01:46:01 AM

Even Terrahash states that they will assemble a 64 ASIC board for ~BTC2 (at today's price is ~$160USD) or ~half as much as BitAxe wants for an assembled 10 ASIC PCB.

TerraHash is scam, forget about them. They are attempting to steal user chips if nothing else, if you don't belive me send them yours.

Did I state they were anything otherwise? <self moderating>

I stated "Even Terrahash", with the implication being that they are a somewhat dubious quantity at this point.

My point is that their assembly prices are ridiculous, if you want to argue about that it's another discussion.
jspielberg

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 03:40:03 AM

Along this line, I believe steamboat is solid. 

His assembly costs look pretty competitive... But it isn't Avalon's design (so a bit of a risk until proven). 

Like I said before, I think these guys could do well as the "white space" Avalon.  Good customer service for a high end product... At a price that matches the service.
PeZ

Activity: 297

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 03:44:48 AM

Seems rather strange that they bother to put "Avalon Project" in big letters on their own PCB.
wrenchmonkey

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 04:43:23 AM

Seems rather strange that they bother to put "Avalon Project" in big letters on their own PCB.

Looks like they probably just used the exact CAD files from Avalon, including their screen print layer... Or, it could be a scam. Time will tell.

Block Erupter Overclocking 447 M/Hash, .006 (discounts if done in quantity) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300206.msg3218480#msg3218480

Buy and sell mining shares (Bitfury). https://cex.io/r/1/wrenchmonkey/0/
firefop

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 04:50:24 AM

Looks legit. I'd wait for finished products offered through escrow.

But then I wouldn't buy any avalon based product... bad tech is still bad... even when it's the only tech that actually exists.

crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 08:47:14 AM

Nice to mote people coming out with Asic. The problem I have here with this design it looks like the inside if an old tv remote control. The pictures provided are not enough first one ok you are holding it up 2nd one lighting to dark to make anything out. If you are not a fake company you would of fully categorised your product with a lot of high quality pictures and even a video. If you are real inboxmme on here with detials of where I can fly out and make arangements to pick up or sample products if you want a full media covet this can be arranged too. Pm me with prices for bulk orders as am intrested in products. I wwould like to do some sort of agreement if poss but will speak in p.m. Am intrested but theirs too many scams going.... What makes you so different to the other hundered or more scams on here?Huh??

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 08:20:30 PM

https://bitaxe.ca/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/DSCF1540.jpg

Look at his chrome downloads, ah yes, pictures of avalon stuff he's found on the internet. If he was uploading from a camera, he wouldn't be downloading them.

ChaseD (OP)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 11:53:20 PM
Last edit: May 27, 2013, 02:39:26 AM by ChaseD

Look at his chrome downloads, ah yes, pictures of avalon stuff he's found on the internet. If he was uploading from a camera, he wouldn't be downloading them.

If I am holding a brick of Avalon PCB's in front of a screen with the "downloaded pictures" then how could I have download the pic?

I guess I could have taken the pic, then sent it to Avalon, then asked them to host it for me, then downloaded it, then took another picture of me holding the brick, then sent the pic to Avalon.....hold on this is just a big loop....

Unfortunately your logic does not hold up.

Again, we realize this will be an uphill battle gaining the community's trust.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 11:55:11 PM

If I am holding a brick of Avalon PCB's in front of a screen with the "downloaded pictures" then how could I have download the pic?

I guess I could have taken the pic, then sent it to Avalon, then asked them to host it for me, then downloaded it, then took another picture of me holding the brick, then sent the pic to Avalon.....hold on this is just a big loop....

Again, we realize this will be an uphill battle gaining the communities trust.

The other picture, wow. The picture you claim is a 'brick' of PCB can only be done in the dark, right? Ofc.

ChaseD (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 02:22:54 AM

I was expecting at least another image of "the brick", taken at daylight and with better phone or camera. Instead, you come here and act just like most previous wannabe scammers.

Goodbye!

Thank you for your interest in our products "Bitcoin Megastore", however we have not received your "100BTC" order as of yet.

We do not have an order, payment, or even email inquiry from you, so we decided to check your "trust level"....

https://i.imgur.com/k6GSbIU.png

We are not sure what to make of this, so if you genuinely feel that you have sent Bitcoin to us then please use contact page at http://bitaxe.ca/questions/ so that we can rectify this situation for you.
jimrome

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 02:30:06 AM

I was expecting at least another image of "the brick", taken at daylight and with better phone or camera. Instead, you come here and act just like most previous wannabe scammers.

Goodbye!

Thank you for your interest in our products "Bitcoin Megastore", however we have not received your "100BTC" order as of yet.

We do not have an order, payment, or even email inquiry from you, so we decided to check your "trust level"....

We are not sure what to make of this, so if you genuinely feel that you have sent Bitcoin to us then please use contact page at http://bitaxe.ca/questions/ so that we can rectify this situation for you.

Hah, funny.

BTW: check your PMs ChaseD
sunblaster

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 06:29:41 AM

Seems that everyone is designing boards and waiting for Avalon to ship their chips, it seems making chips is where the money is, I might be wrong though Roll Eyes
Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 12:55:05 PM

Seems that everyone is designing boards and waiting for Avalon to ship their chips, it seems making chips is where the money is, I might be wrong though Roll Eyes

For now this true however with gen 2 ASIC and other completed ASIC systems soon being offered will change things up a bit.
ultraimports

Activity: 188

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 02:42:30 PM

The other picture, wow. The picture you claim is a 'brick' of PCB can only be done in the dark, right? Ofc.

OMGZ-- he has a notification from windows too!! Total scam... Smiley
wrenchmonkey

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 04:15:57 PM

OMGZ-- he has a notification from windows too!! Total scam... Smiley

LOL!

Not that I'm choosing a side here, but my computer screen often shows "downloads" as well, when I'm posting pictures. I usually take them with my phone, which autosyncs with a few different hosting solutions (dropbox, photobucket, etc, etc). Downloading photos that you JUST took is not uncommon or unreasonable, and certainly not cause for alarm or "scam" accusations, in and of itself.

That said, why is it that these people never put any effort into producing well lit, good quality photos. If your aim is to prove your legitimacy, it seems that people would be more careful about half-assing everything.

If I can't count on you to provide a decent picture BEFORE you get my money. What is my confidence level that you'll be any more professional or willing to put forth real effort AFTER you've got my money?  Roll Eyes

A little effort goes a long way. A little non-effort goes a long way in the wrong direction.

Block Erupter Overclocking 447 M/Hash, .006 (discounts if done in quantity) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300206.msg3218480#msg3218480

Buy and sell mining shares (Bitfury). https://cex.io/r/1/wrenchmonkey/0/
ChaseD (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 01:36:48 AM

While we do understand that some individuals are unhappy with the pictures of the PCB's, please understand that a lot has happened in 72 hours for us.

We are currently prioritizing our workload and unfortunately filling the orders we have already taken is taking precedence over more pictures.

That being said, I will try and find some time to get some more professional photos taken of the PCB's soon.

Thank you for you pateinece and understanding.
bit_wizard

Activity: 314

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 01:49:55 AM

While we do understand that some individuals are unhappy with the pictures of the PCB's, please understand that a lot has happened in 72 hours for us.

We are currently prioritizing our workload and unfortunately filling the orders we have already taken is taking precedence over more pictures.

That being said, I will try and find some time to get some more professional photos taken of the PCB's soon.

Thank you for you pateinece and understanding.

According to your website you have 3 orders received and 2 received payments.
PeZ

Activity: 297

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 01:55:23 AM

Yes...I am very patient. How about a picture of you, holding the PCB in front of your office at the Advanced Technology Centre?
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: