Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:47:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Be careful. (Newbies and others ...)  (Read 2984 times)
Jating

Activity: 2912
Merit: 805

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 09:05:10 AM

After bitcoin  price break 6,000$ all will buy more from it
Yes you're right, I also thinking like that.. surely most people will take advantage of the situation when the price break from $6000 that's a time to buy, because indeed surely bitcoin price will still be able to reach $6000 again, even it could be more from $6000.

Bitcoin price is slumping right now. I think for me, this is really a good buying point. I'm expecting that we are going to be stable around $6000 after the fork but most of the investors are dumping and taking home some profit. Not bad, but others should take advantage of this situation to buy more bitcoins. Its really hard to miss this opportunity. No need to go back to altcoins because they have already recovered. People should cash out their bitcoin gold and put it all in bitcoin. I will surely buy in this bitcoin dip around $5600.

airbet 
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
 PLAY NOW 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ask
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 09:16:37 AM

For longer terms no need to worry about newbies and other. For sure in 5 years we will see 10k-20k level in itcoin price.
Yes valotility is huge but no need to worry if you are not using any leverage.
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 09:57:41 AM

OP we're going back to $3000 and then $1000  for sure, lol not only price didn't drop below $5000 but it got to $6000+ in the last 4 days, this is just amazing, for 2 years we could predict the price for 6 months ahead of time, now you couldn't predict where will be the price in 5 minutes.
Be careful, sell now before you lose everything, I beg of you to dump the price, I need to buy a house. $4000 is the low, not $1000.

🖤😏
Hanebel

Activity: 363
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:24:50 AM

So, a couple of points that were not considered
1- ETF: if it gets approved we might easily go to 10k
2- Bearish market: I don't think we know where we are... Countries are legalizing bitcoins as we speak and the only real crash we had was because infrastructure at the time was pathetic (I mined a bit but I lost the coins when the hard drive died, don't think there was even a reliable wallet back then without downloading the full blockchain)
3- Market standard: The current bubble is high for bitcoin standards, but we are a long shot from wall street standards...
4- Financial attention: We might get into trade market. Russia is looking into this and US might get there too... First lobbies are starting to form on a government level for bitcoin support

You might be right though, we might be near the end (specially given the fork), but if I look on tradingview, and all people trying to predict anything with TA, it is a bit of a tragedy. I like to click play and see what people predicted in the past re. to bitcoin and a 50% success ratio is quite an achievement there. I am just trying to say that there seems to be no real way to tell what to do next...

I'll be holding for the moment, if it goes flat to 3k so be it Sad
I hope bc will wake up again in a couple of years if so.

[Edited]
Regarding the fact that shops did not increase since 2013... Please take a look here
https://coinmap.org/#/world/30.90222471/22.14843750/2
Can somebody explain what is ETF? I'm glad to read an optimistic speculation. It's probably true that there is high posibility that price will decrease but I hope price will increase.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:42:12 AM

Can somebody explain what is ETF? I'm glad to read an optimistic speculation. It's probably true that there is high posibility that price will decrease but I hope price will increase.

that is short for Exchange Traded Fund. you can read more about it here: http://www.investopedia.com/terms/e/etf.asp

a lot of the things that he said are open for debate though. for example this ETF that you mention can be a good thing as a positive news for bitcoin and puts it in mind of some potential investors but i don't think it will be the reason for a rise to $10k, specially since it was posted last month and price was $3500-$4300.
one reason for it is because the money for ETF is already in the market and anybody who invests in ETF is not investing in bitcoin but in an ETF!!! so it is not a direct rise.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:56:27 AM

Be careful: just because you've been here since 2013 and experienced a bubble, doesn't mean you're equipped or entitled to predict the top.

yep, even blitz tried to call the top. below $3k i think it was. 
d5000 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3892
Merit: 6095

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 03:15:29 PM

Be careful: just because you've been here since 2013 and experienced a bubble, doesn't mean you're equipped or entitled to predict the top.
I'm at least that "entitled" to predict "the top" than the permabulls that promise you $10K in a couple of days Grin

OP we're going back to $3000 and then $1000  for sure, lol not only price didn't drop below $5000 but it got to $6000+ in the last 4 days, this is just amazing, for 2 years we could predict the price for 6 months ahead of time, now you couldn't predict where will be the price in 5 minutes.

Read the OP again. I've clearly stated that there may be another "bullish leg" in this cycle. That's what we're seeing now. I think it is mostly due to the forks (the 6200 peak occurred just before the Gold fork). Perhaps there will be another rise before Segwit2x. But it's not mandatory that this happens. It is also possible that the price will go down from now on, if people see that they won't profit that much from these forks (BTG and BCC have both prices of less than 10% compared to Bitcoin).

And yeah, we have seen $3000 at some moment. Everybody was bearish that day Grin

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
fulmetal08larz

Activity: 476
Merit: 124

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 03:56:00 PM

In my opinion, most people who are investing in bitcoin currently are new to crptocurrency world and they are riding the bandwagon, but surely, there are also smart investors who have invested lots of money into bitcoin and altcoins. Business minded people will not let their business go down, instead, take the opportunity to buy more bitcoin when the price hits the bottom. Although we may see the price of bitcoin to fluctuate, it is normal in the market. Bitcoin's development will never stop unless technology itself stops. Just hope for the best and believe in the future of bitcoin to be bright.
Hyperme.sh

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 04:11:00 PM
Last edit: October 25, 2017, 04:19:16 PM by Hyperme.sh

After reading a lot of perma-bullish postings in this speculation forum, I only want to issue a little warning. Not as a professional trader, but a guy that has been here since 2013.

Be careful! I think we are near the top of a bubble. Don't invest what you cannot afford to lose.

I thought I was not going to post again in Speculation so soon, but you may be the professional trader:

We have four actual groups:

• smart strategic big money (long-term portfolios)
  • professional short-term traders
  • the day trader who thinks he is limiting his risks
  • program traders who try to arbitrage ticks
  • the average retail investor
  • the fool who rushes in at the last minute

In most real good vertical markets, it is the professional short-term traders who keep trying to sell the new highs. This has been the group that has been bearish ever since 2009. They never saw new highs coming, and they still will try to sell every new high today. They falsely believe that they are “professional” and so they will be right and the average investor is the fool. But the average investor sees the trend for what it is, goes with the trend, while the short-term “professional” keeps trying to beat the market.

It’s very difficult to trade a vertical market. Be careful with getting knocked off the horse too soon.

None of us know what is going to happen.

There is a compelling viewpoint that the momentum and rush into Bitcoin will carry forward a bit longer. Perhaps even with a dip sometime during the 2x and the (sell the) end of the year (and go away) period.

Indeed you will probably end up being correct, but at $6000, $8000, $10000, $15000, or $25000? That is the question.

I do agree, nobody should be rushing in at these prices. Buy dips and/or dollar cost averaging. Don’t be the guy who bought everything in one lump sum at the top:

He explained he had bought the Japanese share market on the very day of the high and now it was crashing. His investment was $50 million. But the intrigue came when he said it was the first time in his life he had purchased any stock. He then had my attention since I was talking to the guy who bought the high.

Those who purchased long-ago should be wary of trying to trade in and out of a vertical market, unless you have some conviction about arbitrage such as you think an altcoin is undervalued.
carlerha

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 07:27:48 PM

In my opinion, most people who are investing in bitcoin currently are new to crptocurrency world and they are riding the bandwagon, but surely, there are also smart investors who have invested lots of money into bitcoin and altcoins. Business minded people will not let their business go down, instead, take the opportunity to buy more bitcoin when the price hits the bottom. Although we may see the price of bitcoin to fluctuate, it is normal in the market. Bitcoin's development will never stop unless technology itself stops. Just hope for the best and believe in the future of bitcoin to be bright.
It is expected that bitcoin price will drop after 25th October, but i think bitcoin has a very stronger support from wise investors, they do not want to let bitcoin down on any cost. We have very good experience from previous day, when bitcoin dropped from 5000$ to 3000$, but at 3000$ bitcoin got a strong support and the price once again start increasing. i am sure that bitcoin price is not going to dump any more, it will now continue increasing and hopefully will reach to 7000$ very soon.
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 07:41:47 PM

Stop dreaming about serious game-changing ETF, it is not gonna happen anytime soon. SEC won't allow it.
They said it many times over and over again, they cannot allow bitcoin to be traded because:
a) it is not regulated like real stock exchanges and commodities, bonds are
b) there is no real protection for investors - as far as I can tell bitcoin price might drop to zero tomorrow
carlfebz2

Activity: 2926
Merit: 727

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 08:06:47 PM

It is expected that bitcoin price will drop after 25th October, but i think bitcoin has a very stronger support from wise investors, they do not want to let bitcoin down on any cost. We have very good experience from previous day, when bitcoin dropped from 5000$ to 3000$, but at 3000$ bitcoin got a strong support and the price once again start increasing. i am sure that bitcoin price is not going to dump any more, it will now continue increasing and hopefully will reach to 7000$ very soon.
We might not still able to see price dip or correction as of now but yet we cant still be sure since we are still yet on 24 hours passed which means anytime soon those price corrections would happen unexpectedly but regarding on its price development theres no really doubt on that but we should not really believe on it too much knowing the properties of bitcoins price it can really drop anytime.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: