Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 05:18:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Viewly ∙ A tokenized video platform  (Read 7347 times)
Nastenasl4stena

Activity: 322
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 09:54:17 PM

Wow, very interesting idea! But if i upload a video to the Viewly - where it will be saved? If it decentralized platform - it must be saved in my device only. Or not?
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
JamesJazz82

Activity: 322

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 10:06:34 PM

The idea is very interesting! Now TV is moving to the second level, and media platforms are gaining more and more attention)) I have not yet seen such an interesting view on this direction. I will be sure to follow the project and its development! I would like to see more information on the forum ...
Good luck, guys! Cool
evilcyclope

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 11:16:53 PM

For me is not very clear the situation with advertising? because now many people make good money on it, both the form and the users) Huh
uservalera

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 11:33:41 PM

yes, if you will realize your idea, it can be a grandiose project of world level.
Your team looks strong and prepared, I think you can do it!
viewly (OP)

Activity: 124
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 06:35:31 AM
Last edit: February 10, 2018, 06:55:06 AM by viewly

That sounds good. But where will all these videos be stored? Will the content be free for viewing, or should I forcibly sacrifice the author to see his work?

Hello Nijeltheboss , thank you for your inquiry.

The developers are in the process of refreshing the Alpha, and  are working on Viewly Demo.

At this point video files are stored on IPFS. All video content will be free to watch but there is one monetization option which content creators could take advantage of in the sense that they could also create private channels for their most loyal fans.
viewly (OP)

Activity: 124
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 06:42:13 AM

Looks like an interesting project! How do you feel about rolling out your own coin, instead of relying on the Ethereum network for token distribution? I certainly won't invest if it's an Ethereum token, because there are way too many of them already, and I don't like Ethereum.

I think if there is your own coin on the blockchain, this can also be used as an incentive payment method for content creators later, so you'll need your own blockchain+coin anyway. Why not distribute those coins in an ICO right away to the ICO investors?

Also please consider switching to Slack or Discord, not everybody has a mobile phone to join the Telegram platform. Slack and Discord also work on mobile, but don't require a phone number.

"Selling pressure", as you are noting it in your whitepaper, certainly won't be a problem if you make a PoS coin with 5% per year, for example. It is an incentive for people to run nodes on the network, which in turn could also be used for CDN functionality etc.

Hello Gandalf86 , thank you for your interest in Viewly.

We will likely be shipping on Ethereum before EOS, however we are very interested in switching to a more scalable solution in the upcoming years.

-----
One question from a community member could apply here also:
"how long will the VIEW token be an ERC-20 ETH token? Will it convert to a coin if y'all decide to build your own chain? What would it be if it is decided to use EOS chain?"

--r:
We have a few mechanisms for switching to EOS. Its a bit trickier when tokens are held by 3rd parties, but still doable.
One potential solution is a proof of burn contract, where users can destroy their ERC-20 tokens and register the EOS address atomically. Then, the tokens are minted to the registered address in 1:1 basis on EOS chain.
-----

The latest information is that:
1. Tokens will be minted into the contributors wallets after the tokensale has concluded up to 7 days after AML check.
2. Tokens will become liquid up to 7 days after the tokensale has finished.
manox.dave

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 09:21:04 AM

yes, if you will realize your idea, it can be a grandiose project of world level.
Do you think it will be able to compete with Youtube in the future? Huh
Mila.Vitra

Activity: 334

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 10:00:18 AM

I think it will not be possible to compete with the YouTube for a long time, because YouTube has been developing for a decade, millions of users, billions of views. Hype, money, advertising - everything is there. Luring flighters to another platform will be problematic. But over time, everything can change when people understand that there is a service without advertising, without garbage, without waiting. Where everyone shares their stories without any problems.
AngelinaShulcz

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 11:16:01 AM

I think it will not be possible to compete with the YouTube for a long time, because YouTube has been developing for a decade, millions of users, billions of views. Hype, money, advertising - everything is there. Luring flighters to another platform will be problematic. But over time, everything can change when people understand that there is a service without advertising, without garbage, without waiting. Where everyone shares their stories without any problems.
I don’t t thinkso, now people willingly support something new, if it is worthy of it. If the developers make a really interesting product - success is assured. Now everyone is filming a video, it's just a hype - to shoot all around. So if Viewly will do it comfortably - then the competition is guaranteed.
sharkman20

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 12:08:42 PM

I do not understand what is decentralization? than it specifically will be different for example from the instagram? there are pictures and videos. Everything is fast and without advertising. Explain.
MaksonJoe

Merit: 1

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 02:09:49 PM

Explain pls, for what will people get money at your platform? For videos, for views? For subscribers?
andiko

Merit: 101

Asura – Self Sustainable eSport ecosystem

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 02:23:04 PM

I do not quite understand why a project needs a token?

RomanBelich

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:18:51 PM

I suppose to raise funds for the development of the project ... Smiley
TomHurst

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:37:08 PM

They wanted to do it - they did it Smiley So the project looks more solid and promising)) But in general it was possible to use something already ready ...
lazoguzzling

Activity: 342

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:48:08 PM

They wanted to do it - they did it Smiley So the project looks more solid and promising)) But in general it was possible to use something already ready ...
The presence of a token in the project confirms the seriousness of the development team. They know what to do and how, and you, just support them. Therefore, a token is needed.
Klennox

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 06:28:38 PM

Join this question! As I can see, there are some representative of project here at the forum? Help us with our questions please!
But project seems very nice! Interesting to see the your site or app.
tiCeR

Activity: 1722
Merit: 750

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 06:33:15 PM

Is this going to be an ICO and what's the timeframe for that? Also from a technical standpoint, will blockchain be able to cope with the massive load that comes with storing and playing videos on a global scale?

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Joseph007

Activity: 289

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 06:44:57 PM

Is this going to be an ICO and what's the timeframe for that? Also from a technical standpoint, will blockchain be able to cope with the massive load that comes with storing and playing videos on a global scale?
I think most of the load will be distributed between the capacities of users' devices, or somehow similarly. As far as I know, this is what is called decentralization.
Josen5000

Activity: 313

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 09:15:13 PM

You will need a fairly complicated software package to run this resource on all modern platforms ... but if this is implemented it can be very relevant.
MarkoViewly

Activity: 36

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 09:28:05 PM

I do not understand what is decentralization? than it specifically will be different for example from the instagram? there are pictures and videos. Everything is fast and without advertising. Explain.

Hello sharkman20! Thank you for the question.

Here's a brief explanation about decentralization, taken from Wikipedia:
Decentralization is the process of distributing or dispersing functions, powers, people or things away from a central location or authority.
Also, we are not aiming to be a social network so we will be completely different from Instagram. Viewly is a decentralized video platform which is powered by the blockchain, focused on its content creators and eliminating one of the biggest problems content creators encounter - demonetization. And yes, the platform will be ad free.

Explain pls, for what will people get money at your platform? For videos, for views? For subscribers?

Hello MaksonJoe, thank you for your question!

On Viewly, creators build their "tribe" of dedicated fans, and receive Patreon like support through frictionless micropayments and subscriptions. Creators can also sign sponsorship deals that are in-line with their fanbase best interests—with the on-chain escrow smart contracts, without middlemen. You can read more about this on our Medium blog here: https://medium.com/view-ly/solving-the-money-problem-viewly-embraces-creator-monetization-on-revolutionary-platform-e0f04fe414f8

Hello andiko, in our case - the VIEW Token will be used on Viewly to support and show love to creators!

Hello tiCeR, thanks for the question.

The seed sale was ongoing in October and the hard cap was reached. There is a presale for strategic contributors that's ongoing at the moment until the 19th February - above 100 ETH. Then on the 20th and on the 21st February there will be a presale for whitelisted contributors - above 5 ETH. The public token sale starts on the 22nd February and it will last until the hard cap has been reached or until the 22nd March.

Videos are not stored on the blockchain, you actually only store the information regarding transactions and that relates to videos (hashes, etc). The technology is advancing.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: