Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:16:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [POW] [MSR] Masari - simple, scalable, and secure cryptocurrency  (Read 85181 times)
Raven89

Activity: 108
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 03:16:27 PM

I started to read about Masari and I can say I like what I see. Let's see if Cryptopia and Uncle Mining will bring a new wave of investors. Good luck, team!

Cryptopia has 3.8million daily volume vs Tradeogre only has 280k. Huge upgrade for Masari.

But also Cryptopia has 1474 listed pairs vs 71 listed pairs on Tradeogre.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
banozica

Activity: 23

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 04:27:31 PM

I started to read about Masari and I can say I like what I see. Let's see if Cryptopia and Uncle Mining will bring a new wave of investors. Good luck, team!

Cryptopia has 3.8million daily volume vs Tradeogre only has 280k. Huge upgrade for Masari.

Correct.

On a similar note, Crex24 has about double the volume of TradeOgre, and MSR makes exactly 0 of the Crex24 volume.

In other words, more often than not, getting on an exchange doesn't magically boost the price.
StevenJeffries

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 04:29:44 PM

i also have interest in the business. i like the updates the team provides it shows the are working behind the scenes with listings, exchanges, website, platform and so on. i also saw some people harp on that the plan is dead; UNTRUE.
to you i say, if you want to get rich fast but a lottery ticket and hope for the best . i will take my chance and hope this project will lift off around beginning 2019
boomboombazookajeff
Copper Member

Activity: 234
Merit: 1

https://twitter.com/bazookajeff

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2018, 05:19:35 PM

Correct.

On a similar note, Crex24 has about double the volume of TradeOgre, and MSR makes exactly 0 of the Crex24 volume.

In other words, more often than not, getting on an exchange doesn't magically boost the price.

This is very true @banozica. It is a welcoming thing, however, to have an exchange that is fairly reputable added to the mix. A lot of new users seem skittish around the idea of using a smaller exchange like Crex24/TradeOgre. I'd imagine there are some interested users who just simply haven't bought any MSR because it's on smaller exchanges only.

The source from which existing things derive their existence is also that to which they return at their destruction.
valgandar

Activity: 104

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 10:18:58 PM

Correct.

I agree. Price increase (organic) comes with many other things, like adoption, trustness and improvements. Possibly there will be a small boost in the price with Cryptopia and even other bigger exchanges listing, but, in my opinion, it's a matter of time to see some organic increase, maybe after the block rewards drops more (in one or more year, when more than half of total supply will be already mined); and when promised things, like uncle mining and blocktree, are successfully researched, implemented and smoothly working (the first one already in testing phase).
banozica

Activity: 23

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 12:16:00 AM

Correct.

This is very true @banozica. It is a welcoming thing, however, to have an exchange that is fairly reputable added to the mix. A lot of new users seem skittish around the idea of using a smaller exchange like Crex24/TradeOgre. I'd imagine there are some interested users who just simply haven't bought any MSR because it's on smaller exchanges only.

I completely agree with you and @valgandar in terms of it [the listing] being a welcoming thing. It's a great opportunity for us to "feel the wind" as they say in my country, and see what will it bring in.

If I were to speculate and estimate, it'd definitely bring *something* of value. For example, as LoDo mentioned once, being listed on cryptopia will open the doors to whattomine.com, which is a massive step forward by itself in regards to exposure. The said exposure will hopefully attract new miners and investors alike.

Luckily we have a pretty serious core team consisting of hard-working individuals, and them bastards are really putting it into gear the last week, especially after Thaer's resignation. Shoutout to bazookajeff, cryptochangements, gnock, and LoDo, you guys are the reason I don't have a single doubt in my mind as to what's going to happen, and what will the future bring. In fact, even if it brings the worst-possible scenario and shoves it up in our face, given how transparent you have been thus far, I can almost guarantee that the community will be duly noted and will probably respect your upcoming decisions.

While we who are in discord (hey, it's me, girugamesh!)usually jest and have a good time, there's also a place for serious discussions. I suppose that the idea behind my response was to discourage moon talk because that usually ends up doing more bad than good. People rush, get burned, and consequently blame the coin. Which is definitely not how it is supposed to unveil for a very simple reason - the coin itself isn't responsible for the movement of the market.

I have heard and read quite a bit of [let's call them] reviews regarding cryptopia, some are okay, and some are borderline horrible experiences. I have traded only once there to dump that simulation of a 60% instamine mobile mining shitcoin, and it went well. So, for what it's worth, I have a good experience with them, although the sample is quite small (1 transaction lol)

I've been with this coin since late Jan/early Feb, and it has been an incredible journey and a blast! We managed to stand out in a couple of occasions (fluf twit, podcast, shoutout in Doug Polk's video) with like minimal coding going on (I'm not bashing developers here whatsoever) which brings me to a thought that we'll do orders of magnitude better now that ya'll slapping that GitHub relentlessly Smiley

In conclusion, I wouldn't expect a massive price jump even though I would definitely appreciate it. But, what I am expecting are new doors that lead to another level in which we gain both popularity and more importantly - credibility. Those two elements coupled with each other are a perfect recipe for success.

boomboombazookajeff
Copper Member

Activity: 234
Merit: 1

https://twitter.com/bazookajeff

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2018, 08:01:22 AM

Correct.

I completely agree with you and @valgandar in terms of it [the listing] being a welcoming thing. It's a great opportunity for us to "feel the wind" as they say in my country, and see what will it bring in.

If I were to speculate and estimate, it'd definitely bring *something* of value. For example, as LoDo mentioned once, being listed on cryptopia will open the doors to whattomine.com, which is a massive step forward by itself in regards to exposure. The said exposure will hopefully attract new miners and investors alike.

Luckily we have a pretty serious core team consisting of hard-working individuals, and them bastards are really putting it into gear the last week, especially after Thaer's resignation. Shoutout to bazookajeff, cryptochangements, gnock, and LoDo, you guys are the reason I don't have a single doubt in my mind as to what's going to happen, and what will the future bring. In fact, even if it brings the worst-possible scenario and shoves it up in our face, given how transparent you have been thus far, I can almost guarantee that the community will be duly noted and will probably respect your upcoming decisions.

While we who are in discord (hey, it's me, girugamesh!)usually jest and have a good time, there's also a place for serious discussions. I suppose that the idea behind my response was to discourage moon talk because that usually ends up doing more bad than good. People rush, get burned, and consequently blame the coin. Which is definitely not how it is supposed to unveil for a very simple reason - the coin itself isn't responsible for the movement of the market.

I have heard and read quite a bit of [let's call them] reviews regarding cryptopia, some are okay, and some are borderline horrible experiences. I have traded only once there to dump that simulation of a 60% instamine mobile mining shitcoin, and it went well. So, for what it's worth, I have a good experience with them, although the sample is quite small (1 transaction lol)

I've been with this coin since late Jan/early Feb, and it has been an incredible journey and a blast! We managed to stand out in a couple of occasions (fluf twit, podcast, shoutout in Doug Polk's video) with like minimal coding going on (I'm not bashing developers here whatsoever) which brings me to a thought that we'll do orders of magnitude better now that ya'll slapping that GitHub relentlessly Smiley

In conclusion, I wouldn't expect a massive price jump even though I would definitely appreciate it. But, what I am expecting are new doors that lead to another level in which we gain both popularity and more importantly - credibility. Those two elements coupled with each other are a perfect recipe for success.

I think if we can manage to get more exposure we can attract new miners which in turn will make our network more stable. In this way, it would be wise to get on whattomine (as Lodo has pointed out) to get more hash added to the network. It is vitally important to have spread out mining pools and I think our current path is aimed at ensuring that we have them. Continuing forward, hopefully our one click miner gets more new people involved and excited for crypto.

The source from which existing things derive their existence is also that to which they return at their destruction.
Carlson_Ac

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 08:17:24 AM

It would be nice to see who some of the possivle competitors are and just make a few comparisons but either way I agree competition can be a good thing.
LoDoCrypto

Activity: 66

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 02:26:18 AM

Correct.

Thanks for the kind words.  There is a lot on tap and its pretty exciting to watch it all develop.  The new GitHub bot in Discord has been putting in about 80 hours a week of work Wink
TacoBond

Activity: 96

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 01:30:20 AM

Another great video review.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2xMYtiN6N30&feature=youtu.be
giotuiin

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 01:50:10 AM

Hi,  Hm, sounds interesting. I'll definitely consider this for my future investment. J
I will probably have some questions later when get to know closer with the whitepaper...
LoDoCrypto

Activity: 66

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 03:12:44 AM

Deposits are now open on Cryptopia.  Trading will start 24 hours from now. 

https://twitter.com/Cryptopia_NZ/status/1039712154394345472

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Home
kumerea

Activity: 15

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 04:36:24 AM

Masari (MSR) is a scalability-focused and privacy-ensured cryptocurrency based on Monero.

One of the first major contributions is a necessary update implementing one of the best known difficulty algorithms in order to mitigate flash mining issues as a new altcoin. MSR will track most changes upstream from Monero, as well as contribute back whenever possible (such as the WHM difficulty algorithm). Future features will include uncle mining (using the DECOR+ protocol) and a pending whitepaper regarding a Blocktree protocol which is aimed at solving on-chain scalability.

Specifications
Most specifications are equivalent to Monero's:
* PoW algorithm: CryptoNight Fast
* Max supply: ~18.5 million (with tail emission)
* Block reward: Smoothly varying recurrence relation starting at around 35 MSR per block, block_reward(block_height) = (2^64 - 1 - total_supply(block_height - 1)) * 2 ^ -19 * 10 ^ -12
* Block time: 120 seconds
* Difficulty: Re-targets at every block
* Genesis block:  Saturday, 2 September 2017 21:20:46 UTC

Exchanges
https://www.southxchange.com/Market/Book/MSR/BTC
https://stocks.exchange/trade/MSR/BTC
https://tradeogre.com/exchange/BTC-MSR
https://altex.exchange/markets&pair=BTC_MSR
https://maplechange.com/markets/msrbtc
https://crex24.com/exchange/MSR-BTC

Market Indicators
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/masari/ (market price tracker)
https://coinlib.io/coin/MSR/Masari (market price tracker)
https://www.cryptunit.com/ (profitability metrics)
https://www.cryptoisme.com/ (profitability metrics)

Funding
* All startup costs (infrastructure costs, exchange listing fees, etc.) has been paid out of personal funds, with no ICO and no crowd funding.
* There is a 4 day gap between the genesis block and this announcement on Bitcointalk, accounting for less than 1% of the total supply mined during that time period (excluding tail emission). All amounts that were mined during this period by the developer (~0.5%) have have been transferred to the donation wallet as a community development fund (i.e. for developer bounties).
* Significant contributions typically get MSR rewarded (i.e. landing page, Telegram bridge, etc.).

Games
Masari Dice - https://www.southxchange.com/Market/Book/MSR/BTC

Research
https://lab.getmonero.org/pubs/MRL-0005.pdf - Ring Confidential Transactions (transactions use RCT by default in Masari)
https://cryptonote.org/whitepaper.pdf - CryptoNote v2.
One of the longer term goals for Masari will require a whitepaper that is yet to be drafted.

Discussion Forums
Slack: invitation disabled, please use Discord
Open invitation link for Discord: https://discord.gg/sMCwMqs
Telegram: https://t.me/masaricurrency
Telegram Announcements channel (deprecated): https://t.me/msrann

Pools
The following pools are promoted ones that donate:
http://www.masaripool.com
https://masari.superpools.net
http://id.masari.network/
https://get.masaricoin.com/
Other pools can be found in these community maintained lists:
https://cryptoisme.com/coin/masari
http://masaripools.org/

Update 2017-09-13:
This coin has some versioning changes that will lead original cryptonote pools to not work unless you use the patched cryptonote-util package.
To set up a pool using node-cryptonote-pool, change your cryptonote-util path in package.json to use the Masari patched version:  
Code:
"cryptonote-util": "git://github.com/masari-project/node-cryptonote-util#msr"
You'll need to set it up such that it pays the miners in the pool either automatically, or manually, both requiring masari-wallet-rpc configured, and ensure your config has a mixin of 12.

Block Explorer
https://www.msrchain.net/

Release Notes
* The fork is based off Monero's latest v0.11.0.0 versioned code, which is set to be the hard fork version for September 2017.
This release cleans up and refactors all legacy Cryptonote implementations that are superseded by Monero's RingCT (for example: splitting amounts and dust outputs related code is removed), therefore Masari only uses RCT transactions.
* All core tests have been re-written to support RingCT code coverage.
* RCT outputs are randomized (sorted by amount in original Monero implementation), as well as tx fee sources.
* The default mixin is set to 12, and in contrast to Monero is static and cannot be changed. This is something that the end user does not need to worry about, is relatively inexpensive in storage and computational costs, and a homogeneous mixin increases anonymity of transactions.
* Fluffy blocks are on by default. This has been in Monero's testnet for quite some time, is mature, and is now optional in the latest release.
* New WHM difficulty algorithm implemented to solve flash mining issues stemming from high hashrate volatility.

Sources
Source - https://github.com/masari-project/masari

Binaries
https://github.com/masari-project/masari/releases/tag/v0.2.4.0

GUI Wallet
This is a port made available for use while we develop our web wallet.

https://github.com/masari-project/masari-wallet-gui/releases/tag/v0.2.4.0

Web Wallet
https://www.masariwallet.com/

Community Projects
Web-based pool miner: http://msr.cpufan.club
Web-based wallet (still in early development): https://masari.network/

Funding
If you'd like to show your support, please donate:

Masari: 5nYWvcvNThsLaMmrsfpRLBRou1RuGtLabUwYH7v6b88bem2J4aUwsoF33FbJuqMDgQjpDRTSpLCZu3d XpqXicE2uSWS4LUP (viewkey: 99e21e00cce073c126e9aed800c9e2e82518534b3924b035a29436ff4f75bc0c)
Monero: 4A57eA3so6bEE8FUcaN1KtMXD3sxjjbvcKD3MF1pUgRi5PNHTpB7sYN2DmJv3EXxtZCWeG88tsVLzdf ZJcmUFm52SbrfJWr (viewkey: c7a7c141581ac4436ba8bfb81dd67234720c565c696ef154a25c7e7314ce4b08)
Bitcoin: 1J1he4qtTuNpCxyEBozkeKfDpoeYxfE3rj

Bitcoin exchange listing fund: 12mZoYDzorgZr44sxv9cD4KzpPFocySL8D
Masari exchange listing fund (subaddress): 9ppu34ocgmeZiv4nS2FyQTFLL5wBFQZkhAfph7wGcnFkc8fkCgTJqxnXuBkaw1v2BrUW7iMwKoQy2HX RXzDkRE76Cz7WXkD
Monero exchange listing fund (subaddress): 84TPXgT4fBQTr4SHLxiLh8gLnvT7y8QAvQRSvk3hnfHdP3mc5ttrNgr51xiAsLw45LHBr7h4Kn62uL8 EQkYoYFVGN6zzfqu

This announcement page is still under development.

Please feel free to download and start mining some Masari!

Best regards,
Thaer

getmasari.org

Anuncio Español / Spanish Announcement
中国公告 / Chinese Announcement
الاعلان العربي / Arabic Announcement

Aiodex’s Referral Program will give you 20% -80% commission from their transaction fee for 7 years. The value will be calculated starting from the date the member you invite sign up. Starting from the first year is 20%, after each year increased to 10% from the first day of next year. For the 300K members who are enjoying the transaction fee refund policy, if they are one of your invited members, you will receive a commission until the system start charging their transaction fees. For example, if the new system start charging from 2020–01–01, you will start receiving commissions and since it is the second year then you will receive 30%.
Sign up now to claim your reward ☞ https://aiodex.com/?ref=5b45a599c7165734d36bb3fc
https://i.imgur.com/aGJudB0.png
organizer1111

Activity: 41

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 07:16:43 AM

Masari is now listed on Cryptopia: https://support.cryptopia.co.nz/csm?id=kb_article&sys_id=6c592bdcdba8634484ed147a3a961945

Great job everyone !
KirchhoferAmop

Activity: 32

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 08:47:00 AM

I believe everything depends on the team, most ideas now ignore the level of their tokens to exchange. That will make the plan more tedious because there is no daily volume and prices are getting lower.
online987659329

Activity: 134
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 09:34:52 AM

Cryptopia ready soon Grin

https://twitter.com/Cryptopia_NZ/status/1039712154394345472
Barkey

Activity: 45

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 11:23:18 AM

Great job Devs on getting Cryptopia
o48o
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1132

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 11:30:29 AM

Great job Devs on getting Cryptopia

It's not in cryptopia, just click the link, also stocks.exchange is giving me 404 not found. This is a new coin to me but it seems it's been around for a while so maybe they got removed?

Edit: uuh, i should really read more carefully. It's just being listed on cryptopia. My bad.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
omega0

Activity: 159
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 11:40:03 AM

another step forward, congratulations!
Amber_Salo

Activity: 36

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 11:51:49 AM

Greetings  Woow. I'm pretty shocked. I'll go to take a bank loan, on bail of an apartment. Great project, thank you. I will become fabulously rich, thanks to you.
Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  

Jump to: