Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:15:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If we can educate our kids at home why do we need to send them at school?  (Read 6781 times)
AnubisStar

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 02:04:08 PM

I love the idea of school and I can't imagine how my life could have been if I had not gone to it. I have been in the same school since I was 5 and now I'm a senior at age of 18! so I have a big conetion with my study house. I don't know... I don't think that all the kids should be home educated because they would miss all the experiences, like friends and amazing teachers who are there to teach so much more than the subject. Yes, I know that school can suck somedays, we all have been there but still I love so much what school can offer you and It would be nice that people could apreciate more this.
Drewmendoza

Activity: 36

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 03:13:47 AM

If we can educate our kids at home why do we need to send them at school?

If socialization is a problem in homeschooling, there are many solutions to that ;-)

i believe that people learn first at home. Because there are some knowledge that school and teacher can provide it. We all now that the school are the one who provide the knowledge that we need to learn.
Nambuwan

Activity: 109
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 04:16:56 AM

The children needs a proper education not just the experiences of the parents.

diegz

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 04:25:59 AM

That's good if you can afford it. Not all the subjects that you learn in school can be taught at home. Each subject is being explained and taught carefully by professionals.

It's not enough to learn just the basics like cooking or whatever that everyone can do, we are in modern time now, we  need to learn things to cope up and to survive. Life isn't like the samurai days where the children are trained by their parents at home.

JohnSnowSand

Activity: 31

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 07:31:55 AM

2 reasons:
1- you should have time to do it yourself
2- you should be knowledgeable in every subject you need to teach them ....
Good luck with that
GlassMaster

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 07:41:27 AM

I would teach my children at home so that they do this when they are comfortable and do not study what they really do not like and do not come in handy in the future. But due to the fact that I spend a great honor of the day at work, I can not teach a child Sad

Rylei

Activity: 132
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2017, 08:11:59 AM

In the future, I can't fully teach my children calculus and advanced mathematics for example even I've finished an engineering course. Of course as a parent, your focus is not only on teaching them; there are other things too.

Well aside from learning different subjects at school, there are different activities for children to engage. There's this fun that a child wouldn't experience when he's home-schooled.
WhiteBeard

Activity: 156
Merit: 102

Bean Cash - More Than a Digital Currency!

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2017, 09:26:33 AM

There are positive and negative points to be made on both sides of this discussion.  There are many reasons or constraints that will affect each family's decision in this regard. 

I do not believe that six years is long enough for a child to be 'protected' from open society without the constant supervision of his/her parents to interpret/explain the things they see and hear.  My estimate is about twice that, 12 years. 

Home schooling may be the answer for some families. Small private schools formed with others of the same beliefs as you, may be the answer for others.  There will be yet other families that cannot afford either of these options, which means they must take an active and interested role in their children's education by interacting with them (the children) every day about what has gone on that day and what they have learned, not only in the class-room, but on the playground as well.

coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1125

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 10:14:04 AM

Who in today's world has the time to sit at home for 6 hours a day teaching his child? Schools were made because there are always people more knowledgeable than you in a subject and there are certainly subjects you're not good at. Schools are supposed to consist of smart teachers, who like their subjects and know how to get children interested in them. Unfortunately this is not always the case, but there are schools that manage to do it.

Lolang

Activity: 35

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 02:08:32 PM

If socialization is a problem in homeschooling, there are many solutions to that ;-)
You can learn in many different ways. There is a knowledge that you can only learn from home and there is a knowledge that you can only learn from school. Teamwork, unity, and experience are just a part of several knowledge that can only be learned from school.
russ26

Activity: 65

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 02:10:23 PM

Because not all the things are learn in our home. So we need to go to school
Jasad
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1002

= jasad =

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 03:30:32 PM

The lessons parents should teach their children at home are modesty, morality and discipline.
There is another reason why children should go to school.
First, children should socialize directly, and at school they can socialize and make new friends.
Second, because children have goals and to reach their goals they have to learn the formal school lessons. Example: being a doctor, a doctor is not a job that can be done by careless people. You also will not want to take your child or you go to an unqualified doctor if you or your child is sick?

Is it less clear?
kkent

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 03:59:53 PM

School allows for a greater likelihood of correctly standardized knowledge. For example, if a parent thinks that 1+1=3 and they teach that to their child, who teaches it to their child, then we end up with 3 generations who are completely convinced of incorrect data. Since most schooling involves multiple teachers interacting with the students over the years, there is a nice safety net for cases when one teacher slipped through the cracks and has no idea what they are doing. This safety net doesn't exist in home-schooling. The issue is that this is the type of situation that a parent would be completely unaware of, because they would be 100% convinced that 1+1=3 and never consider that they are teaching incorrect things to their child.
supine

Activity: 1036
Merit: 109

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 04:17:58 PM

Parents are good teachers, but not all parents are effective teachers. There are things that is best learned at home and school. School can prepare kids for the future, and school can be a good learning grounds for kids. Kids need to enjoy and get to know a lot of people while learning, so that it will not be hard for them to socialize when they grow up.
Keeping Up

Activity: 230
Merit: 22

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2017, 08:34:05 AM

It is not only all about knowledge that children may learn from school. Being at school can teach your children a lot more than that. You have already mentioned about socials skills and you said that there are other way to learn it aside from that but the best way to do it is beibg with their schoolmates at school. Attitudes of your children can all be taught at school, examples are dedication and perseverance can be learned as they encounters daily obstacles in their school life.

GenesisP2P Payment Ecosystem  │ GITHUBPOOLSEXPLORERBLOCK TRACKER☑ No ICO/Auction   
Equihash 192.7 ● ─[ Secure & Private Cryptocurrency ]─ ● ────[ ForumFaucetExchangeAirdrops & Bounties ]──── ● ☑ No pre-mine       
 POW/MNs     │SOLUTION FOR BUSINESSES AND E-COMMERCE│           ANNTWITTERDISCORDREDDIT           │ ☑ Fair Launch     
popcorn1
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 08:51:05 AM

Because if some parents like me for instance teach their children point 1 they will not be able to spell or speak properly and point 2 my child will be
telling everyone to FUCK OFF ..

And the fact they listen better in a class room than at home unless your a real harsh parent which i am not one ..
Like my child to love me not like the way i hated some teachers ..

Much better in a class full of bright children it brings the best out of them..
That's if they want to learn..

No i never i wanted to work on a building site and that's just what i did amongst a few other jobs in my life time..

But good schools with a good ethos is way better than getting taught at home..

Plus helps children mix better with more children around ..
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 08:51:49 AM

It is not only all about knowledge that children may learn from school. Being at school can teach your children a lot more than that. You have already mentioned about socials skills and you said that there are other way to learn it aside from that but the best way to do it is beibg with their schoolmates at school. Attitudes of your children can all be taught at school, examples are dedication and perseverance can be learned as they encounters daily obstacles in their school life.

I agree with you. Yes kids can learn different things and knowledge at home but sending them to school is the best and right thing to do. They can learn new things in school and they can improve their social activities because of their friends. There also some activities that schools can offer that they cannot do n home. Schools also mold their students to become a good role model to other people.
Hipster999

Activity: 173

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 11:10:16 AM

Parents spend most of their time at work and can not manage to fully educate their children. Although in our country, home schooling is practiced when teachers are invited to the house to have the child study at a time convenient for him.

jakezyrus00

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 01:22:49 PM

Going to school is not all about learning subjects, you also build character out of your kids. There they learn failure and how to cope with it. Thats one thing you cant teach at home no matter how good the tutor are.
Yes that is correct, we cannot teach all the things in out children, we just can teach them the right attitude, behavior and how to responsible in socializing with other people. Other than that, school will teach them.
Nikola95

Activity: 231
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 01:25:32 PM

If you think there are many solutions for sotialization at homeschooling, than you should give us examples. I don't think that teaching kids at home can replace schools.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                                         Y I E L D                                         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
EASIEST WAY TO EARN INTEREST IN CRYPTO

▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                Twitter          Telegram          Token                ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: