Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 10:00:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If we can educate our kids at home why do we need to send them at school?  (Read 6780 times)
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 10:19:27 PM

If we can educate our kids at home why do we need to send them at school?

If socialization is a problem in homeschooling, there are many solutions to that ;-)

Do you believe in education system in your country? For me it is disaster in my country. So I don't want to take her/him to school. But I don't have enough time to educate my child. If I earn enough money to create this life I will prefer teaching her/him with myself. After I die, he/she will be crown prince or princess.
It really is a disaster in every country. I'd move to a country in which home schooling is legal before I'd have any kids. Schools just destroy natural curiosity and playfulness, which is going significantly lessen the chances of a happy and fulfilled life.
we must take care of our children, as our parents cared for us, so we must give our children education.
Yes, but not by sending them to schools.
david_019

Activity: 256
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 07:36:33 AM

Avoiding the children of sending them to school is the miss opportunity for them to explore and discover the things which are not available in the house. Maybe there are parents that can provide a personal teacher for their children, but the experience that only the school can provide which can possibly leads them to realize the meaning of life is what the parents voluntarily ignored.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 11:08:24 AM

Avoiding the children of sending them to school is the miss opportunity for them to explore and discover the things which are not available in the house. Maybe there are parents that can provide a personal teacher for their children, but the experience that only the school can provide which can possibly leads them to realize the meaning of life is what the parents voluntarily ignored.
The only opportunity schools provide is the opportunity to lose your curiosity and drive to explore. People who went to school usually don't care about exploring anymore and just want everything "now" and "fast", because the exploration process is not relevant in school.

Don't need a private teacher either, especially not with the internet.
Crypto Tanya

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 11:20:34 AM

If socialization is a problem in homeschooling, there are many solutions to that ;-)

I would love to hear the solutions for socialization considering homeschooling.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 11:24:11 AM

I would love to hear the solutions for socialization considering homeschooling.
Possible ways to foster socializing include getting in contact with other families who homeschool their children, offering your children to go to a sports or similar kind of club that they enjoy, they can go to music school and/or band practice, or they can just socialize through the internet. I'm sure there are countless other ways too.
burong1

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

BIG AIRDROP: t.me/otppaychat

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 11:32:20 AM

We should send our kids to school for them to learn how to communicate to others and for them to enjoy being with others...

RoronoaJorah

Activity: 112

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 02:24:27 PM

Education from school comes from the government, the government has a standard learning, each school has to reach that standard to continue, if they don't, the government will shutdown those schools. The purpose of that is to have a standard knowledge for every people on a country. If you just teach your kids at home, they might lack the needs that the standards require. And if you educate your child at home, the government will not recognize it as proper and formal education that is legal to their country.
mRasika

Activity: 308

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 02:47:01 PM

Unfortunately, many parents do not have the opportunity to educate There children at home because of the work.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 03:16:08 PM

Education from school comes from the government, the government has a standard learning, each school has to reach that standard to continue, if they don't, the government will shutdown those schools. The purpose of that is to have a standard knowledge for every people on a country. If you just teach your kids at home, they might lack the needs that the standards require. And if you educate your child at home, the government will not recognize it as proper and formal education that is legal to their country.
And why should these standards matter? If these standards were important, people wouldn't have any problems with money or health. So clearly something isn't going right in formal education.
miccb

Activity: 57

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 03:34:53 PM

You have a point.
But school is a sort of a step ladder from home to a more challenging environment.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 03:43:04 PM

You have a point.
But school is a sort of a step ladder from home to a more challenging environment.
Not really. School is the opposite of challenging. School has to work for everyone, so it can't be too challenging or parents will complain about their children not being able to clear the challenges presented to them. University isn't really different either and it's getting easier and easier because degrees are now mandatory for jobs, so the difficulty gets tuned down so more people can get a degree.
btc24

Activity: 193

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 01:29:05 PM

Sending our kids to school or having them a home schooling is the parents' consideration. Both of them have the advantage and disadvantage. As the parents you know the best for you kids. You just have to consider which one do you want your kids are capable of. Do you want them to be great at their cognitive level,  affective,  or psychomotoric? You can find more information about it or search on the Internet. Be wise!
Xising

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 02:19:27 PM

There so much you can learn from going to a traditional school compared to learning from home. In our competitive world, students need to be exposed to the reality wherein they will have to deal with several types of characters/personality, and school is the best place for that. They will learn how to challenge themselves to be the best in class and they will also learn to fend for themselves against bad people or bullies. The real world can be tough on students, but if they will learn to cope with hardships, it will be very rewarding for them.
ORiN

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 02:28:22 PM

Kids have to know how to socializate. School is a little society, where a kid gets to know how to communicate with people.
jenni161

Activity: 73

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2017, 05:35:28 PM

The only opportunity schools provide is the opportunity to lose your curiosity and drive to explore. People who went to school usually don't care about exploring anymore and just want everything "now" and "fast", because the exploration process is not relevant in school.

What was your plan then? Let the Internet teach your kids? (I'm sorry but I really don't get what kind of home school you are thinking.)
Alfred V

Activity: 114

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 05:57:17 PM

Because there are many limitations to what you can teach the child in your homes because other even got degrees for the children to have a proper education not just a home education where it is limited.

KitToken                       
                                     ▔  Utility * Organic Growth * Sharing  ▔                                     
▔  Whitepaper  │ TelegramTwitterFacebookYoutubeMedium │  Announce  ▔
Applechild

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 09:31:32 AM

The value of sending our children to school cannot be over-emphasized. We cannot possibly know everything to teach our children. we may teach them morality, respect , kindness, love etc a little bit of alphabets and numbers, but the school will teach them other things about life and most times teachers in such field are employed to handle different field based on their area of specialty. you discover that every teacher transfer a part of his or her knowledge to the child, thereby balancing the equation. If we are the only one to educate them, there will be an in-balance, the child will be limited to how far our brain can give but the child at a tender age will learn association through interaction with other students in a school.
smokeryn1001

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 09:41:47 AM

Cause our kids needs to have social live to
If they not going to school maybe their not gonna have many friend
Get to knoW anyone
GOODNESS

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 10:37:20 AM

We can never educate our kids at home due to the fact that going to school is not about academics only, it also includes Moral character and conduct. The School curriculum have already fashion out the best environment for children to sit in class comfortably and receive teaching under a conducive atmosphere, which will help the kids to learn better. Apart from the pictures on the walls other instructional materials which are available only in the school. What about Library for books to study and also a standard laboratory which can never be found at home, and many others. so we cannot properly educate our kids at home, best for them is to send them to school.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 02:22:06 PM

What was your plan then? Let the Internet teach your kids? (I'm sorry but I really don't get what kind of home school you are thinking.)
I just realized that the long post I've written never showed up on here. So here's a short version.

Just provide an environment where they can do a lot of different things and let them freely move with their interests. Kids are naturally curious and playful and will try anything and everything that comes their way. Only when they get into school they start forming bullshit opinions about what they can or can't do and start associating anything that takes effort as "bad" or unenjoyable. Never tell them directly what to think and just help them think of questions to ask and answer instead. If they get stuck help them find a new approach to a problem that they haven't though of before, but don't tell them any solutions. If they approach life from this perspective they will never have any real problems, since it'll just be challenges to solve rather than problems to avoid (like in school).

Just look at a young child, that keeps spamming "why why why", and then compare them with a child that has entered school. It's pretty obvious that school ruins children's curiosity, creativity and drive for exploration. And then they replace that with social media and other bullshit and get depressed because they never fulfill their potentials and are too scared to follow their passions. School is for creating robots that run programs, which is exactly what school was created for when factories first appeared during the industrial revolution. Thus schools are no longer appropriate for children of today.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: