Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:42:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it legal to sell bitcoin for cash ?  (Read 26812 times)
leonora galvan

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 02:02:00 PM

I was thinking of selling my bitcoins for cash. Is it perfectly legal to do so ? Amount is close to 3-4K.

Thanks for reading.
hello sir,i think selling bitcoin in cash is legal,if they want to do that then why not we have to respect what is their dessicion if they want to sell there bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Zabrielle

Activity: 294
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 01:03:28 AM

It depends what country you are in. In my country i think there is nothing wrong of selling bitcoin in cash. In fact there are people will pm or send private message if the account is for sell and yes if they want to sell their bitcoin.
crzy

Activity: 2128
Merit: 180

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 01:35:41 AM

yes, ofcourse . You can search in google you will find a lot of website selling and buying bitcoin in cash

Its legal in some places but if you are in a country who prohibited its people to buy cryptocurrency, better to follow on that rules to prevent any consequences. A lot of people are selling their bitcoin personally here in my place, its safe and its easy to do so try to make sure if your country don't regulate that kind of transactions.
godwyn50

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 06:29:17 PM

I was wondering if it is legal to sell bitcoins for cash in person using localbitcoins in WA or OR? I wouldn't be a money transmitter as I would be receiving or giving the cash directly/in person. I did read a story about someone getting in trouble in Illinois. Considering I'm not doing anything illegal like in the case of the man in Illinois, could I get in trouble for simply buying and selling bitcoin in person in WA or OR?
dragon fire

Activity: 151

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 08:29:57 AM

is not that a bitcoin benefit? we can sell it and get cash from bitcoin. so why there is legal or illegal question? yes maybe in some country it is called illegal, whatever the cause, i also do not know it
Herry toer

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 07:18:39 AM

I was thinking of selling my bitcoins for cash. Is it perfectly legal to do so? The amount is close to 3-4K.

Thanks for reading.
I do not think this should be done. Because Bitcoin cannot be used freely. Yes, maybe this is in my country. But I do not know if in your country is allowed or not to sell Bitcoin in cash.
punitjain

Activity: 9

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 12:11:31 PM

no its not legal to sell bitcoin for cash
mann1983

Activity: 60

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 01:18:47 PM

dealing in cash is not a legal thing.
Palmholder

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 09:41:16 AM
Last edit: March 12, 2018, 09:53:38 AM by Palmholder

It depends on country. We have not law which may be implemented to such kind of deal here in north Asia. So I cant say this deal is legal but I cant also call it illigal. Only law we may cling here is taxation, we have to pay taxes from any profit

BTCeminjas

Activity: 322
Merit: 23

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 01:39:53 PM

Like is it legal to sell my phone on ebay and skip paying taxes.. Even if it is forbidden there are backdoors and back channels which we are constantly reading in China for example.
But if you are caught pretty assure that you put in jail just be careful by doing the backdoor transaction you may intrap at that situation and may police may arrest you by unfollowed the rules. If you are in the country that recognizing bitcoin and another crypto you are lucky enough just to have a money then if bitcoin prohibited the don't try double risk is there.
vallentvi4

Activity: 59
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 09:18:13 AM

It depends on the status of Bitcoin in the country of transactions, Average responses here will deal with taxation.
It is true, because fiat money is not anonymous and there is a governing law. Any transaction involving fiat money of a certain amount must pay taxes to the state.
I think this is difficult if we think of BTC's own legality, because if the country does not legalize BTC, it needs a good strategy to make the transaction legal.
zmkriel

Activity: 406
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 03:24:30 AM

I feel so lucky that i live in a country that bitcoin is not an issue in a bad way. Therefore, converting my bitcoin into cash was just so easy for us. It can be cash on hand after converting it into my local currency and claim the amount in a remmittance center or goes directly into my bank through online banking. Though you cannot have it all in just one transaction because there is a limitation of the amount per day.
ipanks

Activity: 1610
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 09:46:56 AM

I think we can use third party service to sell bitcoin for cash and we don't have any problem to do this. I and my friends use another friend which buy and selling bitcoin and he is helping people like us to send the money and I think it is not a problem in our country. besides that, if we don't have a friend that could help us, we could still use localbitcoin which I know is a good site that helps people to sell their bitcoin.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
Requim

Activity: 166
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 12:58:04 PM

I was thinking of selling my bitcoins for cash. Is it perfectly legal to do so ? Amount is close to 3-4K.

Thanks for reading.

It actually depends on the regulation in your country. Some countries already banned cryptocurrency and trading which makes selling them for fiat illegal. If not, you can freely convert your crypto to cash as much as you can. Some countries ban them because they see it as a threat to investors since it is not backed by a legal entity, however, some are supporting it because of it's use and convenience.
SixOfFive

Activity: 630
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 10:05:08 PM

Thanks for reading.

It depends upon that you are from which nation. If you are from that nation where bitcoin is prohibited then it is illegal. If you are from that nation where bitcoin is not prohibited then you can sell it without any problems. We all have to sell our BTC only to those people who are trustworthy because there is a chance of getting fraud with you.
xandra

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 06:04:46 AM
Last edit: March 16, 2018, 01:35:45 PM by xandra

What is the status on the legality of bitcoin and crytpocurrency in your country? In my country, it is perfectly fine to do so. A local exchange wallet allows us bitcoin users to easily have our bitcoins exchanged into our local currency, and we may retrieve this through remittances or have it transferred directly to our bank accounts. I don't see anything wrong with selling your bitcoins for cash, unless the mere possession of bitcoin is considered to be illegal in your country.
Yes,indeed! same with my country I don't see anything wrong if we will sell our bitcoin for cash. We can directly convert also our btc into our own money through an online wallet,we can make transactinons with out any fear of illegality and I am thankful with that.

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
budz0425

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 06:23:35 AM

What is the status on the legality of bitcoin and crytpocurrency in your country? In my country, it is perfectly fine to do so. A local exchange wallet allows us bitcoin users to easily have our bitcoins exchanged into our local currency, and we may retrieve this through remittances or have it transferred directly to our bank accounts. I don't see anything wrong with selling your bitcoins for cash, unless the mere possession of bitcoin is considered to be illegal in your country.
Yed,indeed! same with my country I don't see anything wrong if we will sell our bitcoin for cash. We can directly convert also our btc into our own money through an online wallet,we can make transactinons with out any fear of illegality and I am thankful with that.

Yes it is legal to sell bitcoin for cash here in our country, nothing to worry about it I don't know how it works to some countries especially those who have to pay tax in exchange for it.
budz0425

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 06:25:05 AM

Yed,indeed! same with my country I don't see anything wrong if we will sell our bitcoin for cash. We can directly convert also our btc into our own money through an online wallet,we can make transactinons with out any fear of illegality and I am thankful with that.

Here in our country too there is nothing wrong with it, it is fine to do so, so are less worry, I just don't know exactly how it works to some countries who does have tax to pay for converting bitcoin into cash.
Linggis

Activity: 210

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2018, 04:58:27 AM

I was thinking of selling my bitcoins for cash. Is it perfectly legal to do so? The amount is close to 3-4K.

Thanks for reading.
If in my country this is still not allowed. I do not understand that in your country. Maybe if the status of Bitcoin in your country is legal it must have been allowed by the Government.
Bagaji

Activity: 1330
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 10:25:01 PM

Thanks for reading.
Op it is not illegal to sell your Bitcoin for faith currency at all provided you have a buyer who can afford to buy at the rate that you want to sell. I don't know the country where you lives in but i presume there are crypto currency local exchanger that will make the transaction easy for you.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: