Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 12:57:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Town: Let's Make the Future Come to us  (Read 54523 times)
acs26

May 27, 2013, 05:13:31 AM

Name hmm
First one that comes to mind is Satoshi sounds like a nice name
In the centre of town there must be a pizza place that offers bitcoin's with a guy named Laslo
And maybe a block and a chain at city hall for the flag Smiley
Of course two Winklevoss twins could be the city's entertainers
(Got to work on the arts not just the infrastructure )
And heck Maybe even have a slogan
The (______) Place on Earth

SatVille?

Satoshi's are sometimes called SATs, and we are building a town.. So... SatVille?
----
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FinShaggy (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 05:13:44 AM

Name hmm
First one that comes to mind is Satoshi sounds like a nice name
In the centre of town there must be a pizza place that offers bitcoin's with a guy named Laslo
And maybe a block and a chain at city hall for the flag Smiley
Of course two Winklevoss twins could be the city's entertainers
(Got to work on the arts not just the infrastructure )
And heck Maybe even have a slogan
The (______) Place on Earth

The town center will be shop owners.

We will be allowing flag submissions soon, and voting eventually.

We will be working on art for sure, that will be a strong focus

For a slogan, maybe "Et in Arcadia Ego... Bitcoin"

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 05:14:24 AM

Val Kilmner lives in New Mexico, will you be contacting him to join us?

You can if you want, and he can join if he wants. But no, I will not personally.

Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 05:18:56 AM

We will be working on tons of welfare programs, any suggestions are welcome.

Awesome!

So here are a few suggestions:

Computers...everyone should have one no matter how poor. TVs too. The town should have its own channel to push the town philosophy.

Exercise programs in the town square every morning.

Children could play a great role helping out the community, even if just telling on their parents if they do not follow township rules.

We could have a town founder day and celebrate at the non-denominational church with statues and offerings.

Free health care should be a priority. It should be known that if you have any illness or sickness, this town is where you should be to get healed.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
acs26

May 27, 2013, 05:20:25 AM

Wow. I think we forgot about something....

Pets.
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 05:21:39 AM

Town name should be FinShaggyland.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 05:22:24 AM

We will be working on tons of welfare programs, any suggestions are welcome.

Awesome!

So here are a few suggestions:

1. Computers...everyone should have one no matter how poor. TVs too. The town should have its own channel to push the town philosophy.

2. Exercise programs in the town square every morning.

3. Children could play a great role helping out the community, even if just telling on their parents if they do not follow township rules.

4. We could have a town founder day and celebrate at the non-denominational church with statues and offerings.

5. Free health care should be a priority. It should be known that if you have any illness or sickness, this town is where you should be to get healed.

1. Agreed on all counts, except that the TV station should be open to all people to broadcast. With a waiting list, and the ability to build/buy a personal studio.

2. Agreed, programs like Zumba bring people together in many countries

3. No reason to turn families against themselves

4. We will have plenty of local holidays over time

5. Maybe eventually, but we would need a state of the art medical facility first.

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 05:23:50 AM

Pets.

I think any pet should be allowed, that should be in the constitution (no segregation of life). As long as it does not leave your property. And certain pets can come into public, like cats, dogs, horses, etc.

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4485

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 05:24:14 AM

and then moving away from the digging and permit requirements for your phase one. (requiring electric from the grid)

lets talk about water... hmm water from natural sources hey??

new mexico has been designated as a known drought zone... as of february 2013.. so um.. i guess more digging and water pipes connecting a water supply from neighbouring states will be required first of all untill a few winters and autums have passed to fill up the underground micro reservoirs that each eco house has...

the utopian town is a good idea.. but you are envisioning the final design of 25 years without understanding the basic requirements of years 0-24 of building a town.

like i said over 10 posts ago. you have no clue about the infrastructure needed but i bet a dollar that you have already doodled a flag for your cult/commune.

i did hint about pets when mentioning the manditory jobs required in the town such as doctors, nurses, police, vets

and lastly a TV station so thats another building.. so are you going to add another 3 acres to the land requirement or you going to reduce each persons 3 acre per family promise, down to 2 acres to fit in all of these community buildings

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 05:25:05 AM

Why stop at a town and an island. Space is where it is at. You should definitely have a launching site in town to take you up to the space colony.

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 05:25:36 AM

Why stop at a town and an island. Space is where it is at. You should definitely have a launching site in town to take you up to the space colony.

Funny you mention that. I have plans for a space program Smiley
And the creation of a non-territorial nation.

acs26

May 27, 2013, 05:26:48 AM

Pets.

I think any pet should be allowed, that should be in the constitution (no segregation of life). As long as it does not leave your property. And certain pets can come into public, like cats, dogs, horses, etc.

It sounds like we're establishing a country more than a town. We would have to break away from other countries to make a 'town' that has these laws.
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 05:28:32 AM

Pets.

It sounds like we're establishing a country more than a town. We would have to break away from other countries to make a 'town' that has these laws.

Not true. Most states allow for bears, alligators and other animals as pets.

We won't allow animals the state doesn't, because usually there is good reason (endangered, etc).

And no, we are not establishing a nation, just a town. And please explain what law requires us to be a separate nation.

Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 05:32:56 AM

How did I know.

acs26

May 27, 2013, 05:35:38 AM

Pets.

We won't allow animals the state doesn't, because usually there is good reason (endangered, etc).

And no, we are not establishing a nation, just a town. And please explain what law requires us to be a separate nation.

It's just that, we need to actually plan more things (Government, whose going to be Mayor, ect.), and we should do it actually together, and not just on a thread. We should also gather more funds than 2mil, because there's other stuff to do, also. And a town funded by BitCoin would most likely require a lot of land, since there's a lot of people who use BitCoin. (More than 600 acres. Probably 1K-2K acres?) We're trying to make a town in 1-3yrs, when most towns took longer. And it would be worse on us because we're going to be funded on BitCoin.
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 05:39:27 AM

Pets.

It's just that, we need to actually plan more things (Government, whose going to be Mayor, ect.), and we should do it actually together, and not just on a thread. We should also gather more funds than 2mil, because there's other stuff to do, also. And a town funded by BitCoin would most likely require a lot of land, since there's a lot of people who use BitCoin. (More than 600 acres. Probably 1K-2K acres?) We're trying to make a town in 1-3yrs, when most towns took longer. And it would be worse on us because we're going to be funded on BitCoin.

We have already planned that stuff.

1. Mayor is by election
2. 2 mil is just for the land, from there we put our money towards whatever we want. Anyone can propose a fund at that point.
3. I hope to get over 1k acres, 600 is just keeping expectations low.
4. It won't be worse on us, most towns were founded by groups that stopped on the way to California, or had 1 form of indsudtry (ex: a town that is basically just a "mill" town or "mining" town). We will have tons of things coming out of our town, and possibly even tourism in the first year.

adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 05:40:13 AM

acs26

May 27, 2013, 05:48:35 AM

Fin, here's some more land:
http://www.landandfarm.com/property/3300_Acres_in_Torrance_County_New_Mexico-645343/

Good starting things, possibly a ranch?:
http://www.landandfarm.com/property/9400_Acres_in_Chaves_County_New_Mexico-642320/

http://www.landandfarm.com/property/3771_Acres_in_Socorro_County_New_Mexico-502348/

http://www.landandfarm.com/property/2_956_acres_in_Union_County_NM-679108/

http://www.landandfarm.com/search/?StateIDs=41&MinAcreage=500&Sale=True&Lease=True&Auction=True&CurrentPage=2#/search/?StateIDs=41&MinAcreage=500&MaxPrice=2000000&Sale=True&Lease=True&Auction=True
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 05:49:29 AM

Wow. Those are some good plots Smiley

Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 05:59:50 AM

I propose this as the flag.

The big star represents FinShaggy and the four little stars represent the four lucky people that get to be co-founders.

5 votes in all so that one person (hopefully FinShaggy) can be a tie breaker.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: