Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:26:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Town: Let's Make the Future Come to us  (Read 54517 times)
bennybong

Activity: 682
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 08:59:42 PM

Make sure that you have at least one big-enough miner as part of your community. This will ensure that there are always plenty of bitcoins in circulation among the dwellers. You know, those transaction fees are really nothing more but a way for the system to self-recycle the bitcoins that were previously seeded into the bitcoin economy.

I'm dreaming of 'the mining house'

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
acs26

May 27, 2013, 09:09:33 PM

I was currently thinking about buying a lot of barebone computer systems, and mining with them after we get the hardware in them, and also the mining hardware. (Thinking about like a 10-20?)

I was also planning to tell Fin that we should mine for AltCoins, also.

(Wow. My Post-count is at 69..  Wink)
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 09:23:30 PM

Nice I really really like this idea. What are the chances of me moving in? I'm from the UK.

Everyone can join FinShaggy in his town by heading here: tor://silkroad.com

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 09:26:32 PM

You're kind of right about the construction workers, but you're wrong about everything else.
Me and Fin are currently looking at 1,000 acres-5,000 acres of land. He just said the minimum amount is 600 acres. We've also thought about community buildings, and other things. We've currently have been talking via P.M about things like that. 2 Million dollars will be going to land. We've also been planning a school together, ect. We haven't been neglecting the ideas of planning on this thread at all. Please take time to read some of the thread, before calling it out. (I wish you take no offense to this. But please read the thread.)
Nope he's wrong about construction workers too. I already mentioned that that would be part of public work (so people with less money can earn food and money), and then anyone with money can hire the other members of the community. And we will be contracting a company to take on any projects that any citizen might want to pay an outside company to come in and do Smiley

i have read it, i have watched the videos and seen his facebook, including his message history back till april.

the uptopian society he envisioned was that no one will be doing menial labour roles where it was mentioned in his videos that robots will do tasks such as cleaning and machine work...

building a house is not what a business man or a coder have in mind, nor is it the role of a doctor or vet who wish to look after the town. so this is why i highlighted it and will say it once again..

out of the 200 utopian residents that are creative minds. and the essential "services" residents such as lawyers, police, judges, teachers, doctors vets, firemen, mechanics, electricians.. where are the construction workers going to live...

like i said you need more then 200 residents to make a functional town.

and acs a utopian town is just that utopia.. if you want something already in the works that already has houses, shops, city halls, etc and all that is left over is to lobby government to free it from the laws that finshaggy thinks can be ignored just by training a few town sherrifs to be ignorant of certain state crimes..

then look at the new hampshire project. finshaggy just want your money for his commune to expand his weed growing farm. all the signs are there, he has slipped up many many times. he does not care about infrastructure or basic essentials.. he prefers to sell you into the idea of just needing to pick out the wall colours of the house you want. and not tell you that he has no clue about permits and utility company planning requests.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
acs26

May 27, 2013, 09:53:31 PM

You're kind of right about the construction workers, but you're wrong about everything else.
Me and Fin are currently looking at 1,000 acres-5,000 acres of land. He just said the minimum amount is 600 acres. We've also thought about community buildings, and other things. We've currently have been talking via P.M about things like that. 2 Million dollars will be going to land. We've also been planning a school together, ect. We haven't been neglecting the ideas of planning on this thread at all. Please take time to read some of the thread, before calling it out. (I wish you take no offense to this. But please read the thread.)
Nope he's wrong about construction workers too. I already mentioned that that would be part of public work (so people with less money can earn food and money), and then anyone with money can hire the other members of the community. And we will be contracting a company to take on any projects that any citizen might want to pay an outside company to come in and do Smiley

i have read it, i have watched the videos and seen his facebook, including his message history back till april.

the uptopian society he envisioned was that no one will be doing menial labour roles where it was mentioned in his videos that robots will do tasks such as cleaning and machine work...

building a house is not what a business man or a coder have in mind, nor is it the role of a doctor or vet who wish to look after the town. so this is why i highlighted it and will say it once again..

out of the 200 utopian residents that are creative minds. and the essential "services" residents such as lawyers, police, judges, teachers, doctors vets, firemen, mechanics, electricians.. where are the construction workers going to live...

like i said you need more then 200 residents to make a functional town.

and acs a utopian town is just that utopia.. if you want something already in the works that already has houses, shops, city halls, etc and all that is left over is to lobby government to free it from the laws that finshaggy thinks can be ignored just by training a few town sherrifs to be ignorant of certain state crimes..

then look at the new hampshire project. finshaggy just want your money for his commune to expand his weed growing farm. all the signs are there, he has slipped up many many times. he does not care about infrastructure or basic essentials.. he prefers to sell you into the idea of just needing to pick out the wall colours of the house you want. and not tell you that he has no clue about permits and utility company planning requests.

I had no idea of what he was talking about inside his videos. I've only seen one or two. Thanks for telling me. I always wondered why he looked kind of high in his videos. I'll still stick around the thread (Probably), and see where is goes. But instead I might actually try and make a town. Thanks franky1 for the heads up. Sorry I doubted you.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 10:03:04 PM

Predition:

If FinShaggy does not instead to move onto is next project after Bitcoin town, which came after Bitcoin church, which came after Bitcoin reality show, which came after Bitcoin restaurant, which came after Devcoin talking animals project while putting together the Bitcoin island project before the Bitcoin space project and the Bitcoin nation on another planet project...FinShaggy will take a weekend trip down to New Mexico and take some pictures of some empty property. He will speak in terms of "we" a lot, even though it is just him and his bong.

He will try and try to get that first person to fork over their $10k, but the suckers that do not see this for what it is do not have the money and those that do have money would never trust someone like FinShaggy with their real estate investment. He will come to the great realization that if you do not have the money you can just give him what you can and work off the rest when you get there. This money will fund his next project which will tie directly into the Bitcoin town, really. More than likely a new strain of Bitcoin weed that the Bitcoin town will grow. Of course, much testing needs to be done first.

I was part of a much more popular project in New Hampshire where we had over 50 people willing to put $10k toward about 10 acres each. We had someone on the ground spending countless weekends checking locations for us, working on all of the legal requirements, formed a corporation, worked with lawyers, his dad did large real estate investments for a living and he was being trained to do the same, having just graduated starting his career. We had narrowed it down to 2 or 3 properties when the call for us to start following through with our pledges, all of the legal paperwork was faxed out to those that were willing to invest, everything was handled transparently, a treasury report was provided, some money was spent on the formation of the corporation and other legal documents that were also viewable by anyone.

Unfortunately, those 50 loud voices demanding various things and talking about their big plans turned out to be all talk. Only 3 of us (including the guy putting in all of the legwork) put up our $10k. After a few months of nobody else putting up anything he posed an option to the two of us for another investment or just return the money. I requested my money back and the other guy opted for the investment. A few hundred bucks was trimmed off for all of the legal stuff that was paid for which I agreed to and we all moved on.

All of this and there were not even grandiose promises of free stuff for everyone. Everyone was free to do what they want and if a few people wanted to come together for other projects it was up to them.

You will find that people online are all talk. And when it comes time to put up the money, they do not have it.

How many people posting in this thread that support this idea even have an extra $10k to invest? $10k that could be used to put a downpayment on an actual house that you could actually live in instead of $10k for an empty lot that you will be living in a tent on (forgetting the whole idea of having a job to buy food, pay for phone, Internet, car insurance, gas, saving up to actually build a home, etc.). Banks do not give out loans for land btw.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
acs26

May 27, 2013, 10:13:59 PM

Thanks. If you guys wouldn't have told me, I would've actually given a stoner 10K.
nimda

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 10:16:39 PM

Still offering that 1:5 Wink
FinShaggy (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 10:38:43 PM

Also, what about starting other 'BitCoin Towns' in other states or regions too? Like one town in a few more states? We could get more people to join them, and we could also get a good taste of what a nation would be like. I could easily by some land in Tennessee. (Really cheap land, but not cheaper than New Mexico. And also has good hunting and farming land.) The idea could also not make the town so overpopulated if we had other towns like it.

I already plan on buying land in Colorado and trying to work to get people elected in McKinney Texas from our town Smiley

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 10:41:18 PM

Predition:

If FinShaggy does not instead to move onto is next project after Bitcoin town, which came after Bitcoin church, which came after Bitcoin reality show, which came after Bitcoin restaurant, which came after Devcoin talking animals project while putting together the Bitcoin island project before the Bitcoin space project and the Bitcoin nation on another planet project...FinShaggy will take a weekend trip down to New Mexico and take some pictures of some empty property. He will speak in terms of "we" a lot, even though it is just him and his bong.

Everything you say is an assumption and everything you say is wrong.

If you REALLY want to know the cognitive process of all of this, it started as an idea to start a philosophical nation, then turned into working to change the government of McKinney Texas, then turned into Bitcoin town, THEN turned into a restaurant, church ect. Because those things are simply NECISSARY.

And I say WE because there is already a group. We have 200 members on Facebook supporting us, and they are from all over the country.

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 10:44:15 PM

I had no idea of what he was talking about inside his videos. I've only seen one or two. Thanks for telling me. I always wondered why he looked kind of high in his videos. I'll still stick around the thread (Probably), and see where is goes. But instead I might actually try and make a town. Thanks franky1 for the heads up. Sorry I doubted you.

LOL.

You're out because I'm a stoner?

Just so everyone knows, this is day two of public discussion on this. If you don't like stoners, that's your deal. This is still happening.

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 10:45:58 PM

And there will be more than 200 residence. As said before, people can sell and rent their land.

I'm glad that 2 guys that aren't even paying attention seem to be able to act like they know so much about what has been said.

acs26

May 27, 2013, 10:56:31 PM

I have never said I was 'out of this' I'm just going to be more cautious of giving you my money. I like the idea of having a BitCoin Town just as much as you do. I'm not 'out' of this at all. I would actually like to get back on the topic of land, too. (By stoner I mean somebody addicted to drugs.) I don't care if you're Dank, I'll still think you're a cool guy. And plus, I want the town just as much as you do.
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 10:57:42 PM

I have never said I was 'out of this' I'm just going to be more cautious of giving you my money.

I never asked for any money. I would have MADE you be cautious.

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 10:58:25 PM

I'm not dank.

Dank believes music and holding hands will change the world.

surebet

Activity: 495
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 10:59:09 PM

And I say WE because there is already a group. We have 200 members on Facebook supporting us, and they are from all over the country.

Oh, awesome, Facebook likes. We all know how Facebook likes change the world.
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 11:00:37 PM

Oh, awesome, Facebook likes. We all know how Facebook likes change the world.

Not likes. Members of an active event. Active meaning they are responding and waiting for projects and jobs.

acs26

May 27, 2013, 11:04:25 PM

Hmm. The way you just handled the argument kind of says you're not a scammer. And that especially not.. Dan-, well, you know what I'm saying. Dank would've came up with "I'm not scamming, it's love, please give me 3K-6K BTC loan.. Blah, blah, blah."

Fin, you have my full trust again. When can we get back to picking out land?
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 11:05:21 PM

Hmm. The way you just handled the argument kind of says you're not a scammer. And that especially not.. Dan-, well, you know what I'm saying. Dank would've came up with "I'm not scamming, it's love, please give me 3K-6K BTC loan.. Blah, blah, blah."

Fin, you have my full trust again. When can we get back to picking out land?
We can talk about land now. I didn't expect to come back to see the trolls had taken over.

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 11:07:03 PM

I was completely up front with my videos the whole time. I even add each new one to the first post.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: