Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 05:21:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: is it better to invest in bitcoin or ethereum ?  (Read 17393 times)
saffira

Activity: 700
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 02:50:11 AM

I think it is better to invest in bitcoin. Its price is getting higher. Also, bitcoin is proved to be valuable. Its my opinion since I am just starting to earn ethereum. Both are good investment. It depends on how its value change from time time. What is important is to be wise enough through our investments and be updated on the state of digital currencies I think.
Laergan

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 02:52:36 AM

Bitcoin and Ethereum are both top market cap cryptocurrencies. Bitcoin being the most well known and the priciest should be a major part of your portfolio. As others in this thread have said, don't put all of your eggs in one basket. Ether should have a role in your portfolio, but that percentage should be determined by yourself. Also, don't limit yourself to only BTC and ethereum. Other well known altcoins such as Litecoin should also be considered.
pekingcoepo

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 02:54:05 AM

Bitcoin and ethereum are both good investments specially if your goal is for long term. I highly suggests that you invest on both coins. They both have a promising future. Aside from that, it is much to better to always diversify your portfolio and don't put all of your eggs in just one basket.
I agree with your opinion, because the two coins are just as good for long-term investments, but if you have to choose between two bitcoin or eterium, I would rather invest my money into eterium, as it did for eterium in the future. several years. the price will jump 10-fold.
tobatz23

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 03:04:59 AM

As of now Ethereum is clear catching up to Bitcoin, and with the number of new ICO increasing daily, Ethereum would be a better choice to invest in the short or long term. Provided that new Altcoins does not lose its value which i believe its hard for all 700++ of them to last, evolve and be intergrated in our daily lives for a couple of years.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 04:08:28 AM

Diversification is a must in every investment that you will make and you don't need to choose between those two because they are good coin for long term investment and they have a good vision for its coin. Just divide or put some good percentage of your money in those two and don't go for short term goals of your investment, always aim for long term.
k@suy

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 04:12:57 AM

Bitcoin and Ethereum are both top market cap cryptocurrencies. Bitcoin being the most well known and the priciest should be a major part of your portfolio. As others in this thread have said, don't put all of your eggs in one basket. Ether should have a role in your portfolio, but that percentage should be determined by yourself. Also, don't limit yourself to only BTC and ethereum. Other well known altcoins such as Litecoin should also be considered.

That is right and I keep holding my Ethereum coin as I do believe that it will appreciates soon. They have many projects and i think they are having an upgrade with their system something code named like  Metropolis? Since they are the top coins, I have no worries.
peterthegreat

Activity: 387
Merit: 250

Presale is live!

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 04:25:02 AM

Neither is better than the other. There are strong cases for investing in both.

Ethereum is an amazing concept that is revolutionizing crypto arguably as much or even more as Bitcoin has in the same time period.

See, with ETH any company can launch a token in a matter of minutes. It only takes 20 minutes or so when you know what you are doing.

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
Whitepaper
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ANN Thread

██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██

Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
giveen

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 06:23:24 AM

I would recommend you eth.
First and most important reason would be price buying 1 eth is still way way cheaper than btc and storing is even more easier because of myetherwallet.
Second reason would again be price but in terms of profit. What i mean is current price of eth is $300 and btc $4200+. You can either buy 1 btc or 14 eth if btc becomes $5k which can take time you get $100 profit on other hand if eth become $350 which it had recently reached you wouls get $50 profit per coin and holding 14 eth will give you get $700 profit.
If you want more profit go with eth it will fall but will suddenly increase.
Fundalini

Activity: 644
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 06:23:53 AM

I think it would be best to invest both since your assets are diversified that way. But if the circumstances allow a single answer, it would have to be bitcoin since it is much more established. Ethereum on the other hand has a big potential too but is overshadowed by it's many forks.
ramsdaj28

Activity: 420
Merit: 256

اللعنة

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 06:35:47 AM

for long term purpose, which is better to invest in , Bitcoin or Ethereum ? Lets discuss that ..
For long term purpose, I think it will be better to invest in ethereum. Compared to bitcoin, ethereum is far cheaper (not to mention that ethereum is the second most expensive crptocurrency, next to bitcoin). And speaking of long term investment, it will be better to invest your money on ethereum (which value is rising) for you can buy more ethereums using your money compared to buying it with bitcoin (bitcoin value is about $4,300 today while ethereum has a value of around $300 today).
Gusfall

Activity: 41
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 06:39:01 AM

for long term purpose, which is better to invest in , Bitcoin or Ethereum ? Lets discuss that ..

For me Bitcoin is a first choice. The first and the solid one, still leader in cryptocurrency market. I consider Etherum as second choice like litecoin and dogecoin after bitcoin.
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 06:39:46 AM

Long term, Bitcoin has much stronger fundamentals. Ethereum is highly experimental and very well may not be scalable. Its proposed solutions like sharding and proof-of-stake are, for now, vaporware. Bitcoin's proof-of-work and fee market mechanisms are working beautifully, and the scaling roadmap looks much more promising.

Short term, though, I expect Ethereum to rise more (percentage-wise) than Bitcoin. I think this FUD is subsiding and we're about to have an orgiastic last leg up. And from looking at the base that was built on the ETH/BTC chart, I believe ETH is going to skyrocket, assuming the hard fork later this month goes as planned.

suvo05

Activity: 1162
Merit: 260

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 06:46:24 AM

I will choose bitcoin. For last two years btc value grows so dramatically and its graph is always inclining. Though eth too have good potential to grow more, I have lot more trust in bitcoin than the ethereum. When eth value was 0.14btc/eth(May-June) then people was saying that it could cross btc value but it got back to its original value.

0t3p0t

Activity: 1596
Merit: 357

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2017, 06:55:15 AM

In my own opinion, I will go for both coins the Bitcoin and Ethereum. These two crypto coins shows us the importance of survival in terms of stability and price. These coins also are proven its potential over time. More enthusiasts and  investors are interested in these coins. I do actually invested and hold both coins but in just a small amount due to small capital and because I believe that it gives us better profit in the future. 

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
rakib97

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 07:08:44 AM

btc is best all time cause it price regularly increase but if want hold for long time eth is best. Eth and btc regularly increase . now if you buy eth at a time you see btc and eth price high then you exchange eth to btc. you growth you satoshi. so i tell eth is best long time hold.
Hasbro27

Activity: 378

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 07:29:21 AM

I think bitcoin and etherium are the best for both short and long term investments. my alternative for new coin is deepOnion would be good if made in investment because the price is still cheap. I think in the future deeponion price will be very bangus. that's my prediction
Carlsen

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 07:36:54 AM

I don't think it's an 'either or' question.
Like every other investment it's worth thinking about spreading your resources.
There are many crypto currencies out there.
I think the crypto currencies, at least the bigger ones, are complementing each other.
So investing in different currencies means minimizing the risk.

It's me!!!
lvincent

Activity: 294
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 07:38:06 AM

Both of them are good but no one can say what's gonna happen next, it's like flipping a coin investing in eth and in bitcoin. Eth can goes up and down same as BTC because cryptocurrency are very volatile but i think it's much better to invest in bitcoin so far since bitcoin started it's price goes really high of course it has it's up and down's but look at it now so atleast you have almost 80% assurance that it will continue rising up but if you are low on budget better take ETH just always remember that no one can say what's gonna happen next.

umbara ardian

Activity: 1344
Merit: 259

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 07:44:34 AM

obviously bitcoin ethereum is only for short term. does not match long-term profit. why bitcoin because every year the higher bitcoin value every country definitely needs bitcoin. bitcoin is the main character for all coins of course the bitcoin value will be higher the need for exchange rate on bitcoin is increasingly sought. remember ethereum is just as a support for bitcoin. the main character remains fixed bitcoin so bitcoin is a worth for long term investment.

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Razick
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 07:50:29 AM

Both. Seriously. It does no good to choose one or the other, as both are essential to the growth of crypto right now. If either one failed it would be a major setback for us all.

Which one do I think will be worth more in 5 years? I actually couldn't tell you. There are great arguments in favor of both.

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: