Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:45:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Block Erupter USB Sales [Temporarily Out of Stock]  (Read 93133 times)
agibby5

Activity: 267
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 06:55:26 PM

Does anyone know when these will ship out?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 06:59:45 PM

Does anyone know when these will ship out?

History shows it's reasonable to assume that after you make a payment to the ASICMiner team, you should receive something on your doorstep within 3-5 days.
carnitastaco

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 08:04:52 PM

I feel like a dope for paying 1.99 for several of these. Part of my "value" calculation was the ability to mine for a period of time, then resell the hardware. Now that possibility is gone.

Even your resellers are fearful of ordering another lot for fear they will be undercut again by price cuts and have a lot of unsold inventory.

In hindsight, you should have picked a reasonable price to begin with and stuck with it.  There's no way I will order any more of these for fear of getting fucked again.

you feel like a dope because you WERE a dope.  Not just picking on you specifically, but everyone complaining in this thread.  Not shocking that people dumb enough to buy these at 2 are dumb enough to think they got screwed by a price drop...if you thought that these were a good investment at 2, then they're an even better investment at 1.  If all you can think about is how much you overpaid, then maybe, just maybe, you SHOULDN'T HAVE OVERPAID.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 08:08:33 PM

If all you can think about is how much you overpaid, then maybe, just maybe, you SHOULDN'T HAVE OVERPAID.

... and what does it say about those of us that have disposable Bitcoins, and are thinking of "doubling down" by buying another 50 to add to our farms.

Goddamnit.

*Desk. Applies directly to the forehead*
ma_rine_sa

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 08:16:46 PM

i hope people have done their homework regarding hash/$

people need to calculate total hash you will get from these usb and the price you will paid.

now calculate the total hash for those diy asic chips if you had purchased them.

the issue is hash rate and difficulty, nothing to do with the price. as you can see if 1 diy asic person could get away with that much power what chances are that your usb stick can do anything?

i got into mining during the mania around march and time went by so quickly yesterday seems like my first day mining. yesterdays profit calculation means nothing today.

this is not a few months ago or last year where there was just speculation on asic. i dare anyone to look back on history posts to see what people wrote.

there are now concrete results from bbk and burnin. sample chips have been delivered. there is a diy community so nothing is impossible.

in a few months, which i consider a very short time, diy asic will be delivered in full force.

i predict those with usb stick are going to start smashing their heads against the wall because of what potential hashing power could of had.
Ollie

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 08:22:42 PM

When can we buy these from dealextreme or some other chinese reseller serving the entire world? Cheesy
kendog77

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 08:25:52 PM

I will say that pricing block erupter at 1 BTC for 338 MHz is pretty much the final death blow for GPU mining. Unless one wants to mine alt scrypt coins, there is absolutely no reason to purchase a GPU for mining over block erupters.
roy7

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 09:06:58 PM

3) Which do you prefer:
   3a) ASICMiner sells USB miner for 0.5 BTC.  Customer sells it on ebay for $400.
   3b) ASICMiner sells USB miner for 1.99 BTC.  Customer sells it on ebay for $400.

Ebay prices have dropped quickly after the price cut. Remember not everyone who is ready and willing to buy USB miners has the BTC to do so. Ebay makes an easy way to purchase them with fiat, albeit with a markup.
Trongersoll

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 09:13:43 PM

3) Which do you prefer:
   3b) ASICMiner sells USB miner for 1.99 BTC.  Customer sells it on ebay for $400.

Ebay prices have dropped quickly after the price cut. Remember not everyone who is ready and willing to buy USB miners has the BTC to do so. Ebay makes an easy way to purchase them with fiat, albeit with a markup.

yeah, i'm not willing to bid more than $150 right now. Healthy return for seller, should help ease the pain of getting rid of the last of their inventory after the next price drop.
firefop

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 09:21:39 PM

I feel like a dope for paying 1.99 for several of these. Part of my "value" calculation was the ability to mine for a period of time, then resell the hardware. Now that possibility is gone.

Even your resellers are fearful of ordering another lot for fear they will be undercut again by price cuts and have a lot of unsold inventory.

In hindsight, you should have picked a reasonable price to begin with and stuck with it.  There's no way I will order any more of these for fear of getting fucked again.

you feel like a dope because you WERE a dope.  Not just picking on you specifically, but everyone complaining in this thread.  Not shocking that people dumb enough to buy these at 2 are dumb enough to think they got screwed by a price drop...if you thought that these were a good investment at 2, then they're an even better investment at 1.  If all you can think about is how much you overpaid, then maybe, just maybe, you SHOULDN'T HAVE OVERPAID.

I would encourage everyone who bought any of these to practice dollar cost averaging and buy the same number you already own to make your average unit cost 1.5btc. Then when the price drops to 0.5 in another few months do it again and they've all only cost your 1btc each =P

Seriously tho - the real value of these is in the sub half a bitcoin range. when they first released it was close to 0.4999 btc. By now it should be closer to 0.24999 btc.

So unless you're just replacing your gpu farm with chain to run asic miners on a hashrate basis - avoid these.

Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 09:24:27 PM

I will say that pricing block erupter at 1 BTC for 338 MHz is pretty much the final death blow for GPU mining. Unless one wants to mine alt scrypt coins, there is absolutely no reason to purchase a GPU for mining over block erupters.

Ummm...resale of a GPU will always be better than a novelty item with no use in a month, or two, plus there is gaming, cad work, cgi animation, rendering and all those other things graphics cards do.

These USB dongles aren't worth a 0.5BTC price tag...they are practically no cost to make.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Rant2112

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 09:38:22 PM

3) Which do you prefer:

That's not my point.

All I'm saying is that ASICMiner should sell at the market price so they reap the profit and not resellers.
davidspitzer

Activity: 630

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 09:46:04 PM

I expect swift and decisive attacks for this comment - so feel free if you must but:

These are very interesting and I would actually be inclined to buy a few for the novelty, but given the 50 minimum buy you need to shell out $5000+ usd to buy around 15 gh/s (being generous)

for the same price you could buy 2 BFL singles which are now starting to trickle out into people's hand and shortly in mass.

2 BFL singles would give you about 6 1/3 times the hashing power (100 gh/s compared to about 15 gh/s for 50 usb sticks). I think they are very cool don't get me wrong but economics do not work out. These usb sticks would need to be priced around .15 - .2 bitcoin each to make them competitive with other choices in the marketplace

Even if you do not believe in BFL singles - there is no arguing that the Jalapenos are shipping now - 3 jalapenos cost $822, which would give you the same hashing power as 50 usb sticks.

even looking at just jalapenos, you are paying about $54 per gh/s  or you can pay over 6 times that amount for the same hashing power with the usb sticks

They are very cool tech and I will probably buy a few if I can find them for a reasonable price somewhere but they cannot really compete in the mining market with their current price point
roy7

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 09:48:02 PM

3) Which do you prefer:

That's not my point.

All I'm saying is that ASICMiner should sell at the market price so they reap the profit and not resellers.

Oh certainly, I agree. I'm all for capitalism. Smiley But dealing with the public takes a lot of time and hassle.
nottm28

Activity: 574

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 09:48:27 PM

I expect swift and decisive attacks for this comment - so feel free if you must but:

These are very interesting and I would actually be inclined to buy a few for the novelty, but given the 50 minimum buy you need to shell out $5000+ usd to buy around 15 gh/s (being generous)

for the same price you could buy 2 BFL singles which are now starting to trickle out into people's hand and shortly in mass.

2 BFL singles would give you about 6 1/3 times the hashing power (100 gh/s compared to about 15 gh/s for 50 usb sticks). I think they are very cool don't get me wrong but economics do not work out. These usb sticks would need to be priced around .15 - .2 bitcoin each to make them competitive with other choices in the marketplace

Even if you do not believe in BFL singles - there is no arguing that the Jalapenos are shipping now - 3 jalapenos cost $822, which would give you the same hashing power as 50 usb sticks.

even looking at just jalapenos, you are paying about $54 per gh/s  or you can pay over 6 times that amount for the same hashing power with the usb sticks

They are very cool tech and I will probably buy a few if I can find them for a reasonable price somewhere but they cannot really compete in the mining market with their current price point

+1

donations not accepted
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 09:51:25 PM

IMO a BFL Jalapeno/Single ordered today will have about the same ROI as a Block Erupter bought at 1 BTC.

It's going to be months and months before you ever even get a tracking number from BFL...

You'd get your equipment by December if you're lucky.
oaxaca

Activity: 671

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 10:02:28 PM

These usb sticks would need to be priced around .15 - .2 bitcoin each to make them competitive with other choices in the marketplace

You're comparing apples to next year's crop of apples.  These sticks can be mining now, the other choices available in the marketplace that are available now are...  what exactly?
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2013, 10:13:17 PM

Creepy... as a Asicminer shareholder i wouldnt like to risk 3 shares in value of 9.51BTC for one USB-Miner value 0.99BTC.
I guess it was meant as a bonus for shareholders but the risk involved would keep me away from buying. I mean normal buyers dont risk anything.

You don't 'risk' 3 shares if you buy a stick, you just are not allowed to sell/transfer them because you have some unpaid sticks shipped to you.
The advantage is that you can pay a few weeks later (and have some time to collect the money from the people you resell them to, for example)

Only problem you can get with it is if you don't pay after 2 weeks.. but hey, that's called scamming..
The shares are at friedcat' anyway, so if you don't trust him with 3 shares/stick you shouldn't have shares anyway Tongue (not personal, meant that in general)

First i thought you right but then i saw the sentence again i mean: "If you fail to pay, the shares will be collected back by ASICMINER." That means to me that the shares are gone if you dont pay.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 10:22:04 PM

Lol, I knew there would be loads of "I got scammed at higher price" etc etc posts.

Guys, it is an electronic item--THEY ALL GET CHEAPER! Those who buy first, are ALWAYS paying for some R&D.

"Ima sue Samsung!! When I bought my 32" LCD TV it was $1000. Now they are $250!!!!" "They scammed me!!"

Like seriously, you bought first, you pay more. Just like almost EVERY other product ever made.

The difference is that you extract qualia from owning a larger TV over that time. You don't get any qualia from Block Erupters, you only get bitcoin, and there is no way that the frist sold block erupters made 1.01 bitcoins in the time that this price drop occurred. Someone else mentioned dropping the price by .1 btc every week, but these don't even produce .1 btc/week so this would very quickly show the problems with their pricing.

I am going to warn everyone here, as I have before

Unless this is purely for novelty, do not buy these for profitability until they come close to $60 / GHps. Even that might be too high, but then you'll have a chance at profitability.

Refer to this site for a bigger picture on ASIC miner comparisons.

I'm going to buy them and exchange the BTC for Litecoins, which currently cost waaaay more power to generate in comparison.  So I really don't feel bad.  I will keep them running until they can no longer profit.

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
spoid

Activity: 532

bearded, drunk, fat, naked

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 10:39:34 PM

wait, what? was the OP post just edited today? did the official price just drop by 50%?

with great beard comes great liver. Reputation Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=195803.0
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: