Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:32:15 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Block Erupter USB Sales [Temporarily Out of Stock]  (Read 93146 times)
turtle83

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Supersonic

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2013, 07:52:29 PM

Anyone else have heat issues with these?  Mine are running at 70 C (temperature taken with an independent thermal diode), is that normal??

I think its normal. Mine run at finger burnin hot... I cant unplug them using bare fingers...

Trongersoll

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 07:53:37 PM

I've burned myself on one. OUCHIE!
tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 09:23:22 PM

I guess that's normal, then.  I put a 120mm fan in from of them and they're mining at about 35C now, so it's a pretty dramatic improvement.

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
bitterdog

Activity: 728
Merit: 503

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 10:43:37 PM

GREAT NEWS! I HAVE RECEIVED A PAYMENT ADDRESS FROM FRIEDCAT AS A RESELLER OF ASICMINER ERUPTER USB MINERS! ORDER WILL BE PLACED WHEN TIMER ENDS! PLEASE GET YOUR ORDERS IN NOW TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT! THANK YOU FOR YOUR ORDERS AND SUPPORT! AVAILABLE HERE https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=250609.msg2661239#msg2661239
Great news! I found my caps lock key!

▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄████████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀███████████████
██████████▄   ▀█████████████
████████████▄   ▀███████████
██████████████▄   ▀█████████
█████████████▀   ▄██████████
███████████▀   ▄████████████
██████████▄  ▄██████████████
███████████████████████████
 ▀████████████████████████▀
    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀

⬢⬢

⬢⬢

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄██████████▀▀▀█▀█▄
██ ▀█████▀     ▀██
██▌   ▀▀▀      ███
███▄           ███
████▀         ████
▀████▄     ▄▄████▀
   ▀▀▄▄▄▄████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  ▐███
██████▀▀  ▄   ████
███▀   ▄█▀   ▐████
████▄▄█▀     █████
▀█████▌ ▄▄▄ ▐████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄███████▀   ▐████▄
████████  ▄███████
██████      ██████
████████  ████████
████████  ████████
▀███████  ███████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄██▀█▀███▄▄
▄███▀▀▀ ▀ ▀▀█████▄
██████ ████▄ █████
██████ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████
██████ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████
██████ ████▀ █████
▀███▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄█████▀
   ▀▀██▄█▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████
n4ru

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 12:07:07 AM

I'm interested in ordering 100 units sometime in the next 2 weeks.

Sent you a PM, curious about order and shipping dates.
SilentSonicBoom

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2013, 12:42:00 AM

GREAT NEWS! I HAVE RECEIVED A PAYMENT ADDRESS FROM FRIEDCAT AS A RESELLER OF ASICMINER ERUPTER USB MINERS! ORDER WILL BE PLACED WHEN TIMER ENDS! PLEASE GET YOUR ORDERS IN NOW TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT! THANK YOU FOR YOUR ORDERS AND SUPPORT! AVAILABLE HERE https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=250609.msg2661239#msg2661239
Great news! I found my caps lock key!
Sorry about that. Got a little excited lol Cheesy

CrazyGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 02:14:19 AM

I've completed my first group purchase at cost to all buyers:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=251865

Friedcat, looking for a payment address so we can get our order in. I'm extending my at cost offer to all buyers for 30 more units, or until friedcat responds with payment information, whichever comes first.

ASICPuppy.net ASIC Mining Hardware and Accessories - Compac F in stock!
atariguy

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 03:53:44 PM

Friedcat, looking for a payment address so we can get our order in. I'm extending my at cost offer to all buyers for 30 more units, or until friedcat responds with payment information, whichever comes first.

So, you're taking orders for stuff you don't have yet and don't yet have a way to order... Sounds like the ASIC tradition!  Cheesy
CrazyGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 04:31:09 PM

So, you're taking orders for stuff you don't have yet and don't yet have a way to order... Sounds like the ASIC tradition!  Cheesy

I've made it clear that I'm not the manufacturer and I'm waiting on a response from friedcat. I will be refunding all purchases in the event I don't receive a prompt response from friedcat once the miners are back in stock.

ASICPuppy.net ASIC Mining Hardware and Accessories - Compac F in stock!
daemondazz

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 11:09:36 PM

So, you haven't seen how any of the group buys work then?

And before you reply, someone buying 50 and then reselling is not running a group-buy, they are reselling.

Computers, Amateur Radio, Electronics, Aviation - 1dazzrAbMqNu6cUwh2dtYckNygG7jKs8S
A_Member

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 08:33:45 PM

Hi Friedcat,

I am in the process of ordering packaging and I just realised that I have no idea of the dimensions of the devices (in whatever packaging you supply).

Can you grab a ruler and tell me?  (In mm)
80mm x 40mm x 18mm per package.

Are those dimentions for the bare block eruptor, or some case that it ships in.  Also, do those dimentions include the colored heatsink with the bitcoin logo, are they just for the bare eruptor, or are those the dimensions when using some other heatsink?

If they aren't the dimensions for the miner with the colored heatsink, could you give me the dimensions for that setup.

Thanks
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 12:04:15 AM

Jeez, these things really make some heat! I'm going out ASAP to grab some small heatsinks and/or better thermal tape. These dont get warm to the touch, they get HOT. removing them or handling them within 5min of unplugging is still enough to singe your fingers

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
Trongersoll

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 03:28:58 PM

Jeez, these things really make some heat! I'm going out ASAP to grab some small heatsinks and/or better thermal tape. These dont get warm to the touch, they get HOT. removing them or handling them within 5min of unplugging is still enough to singe your fingers

An Artic USB fan works fine for cooliing these. you can touch them.
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 04:03:08 PM

i have a hub, fan, and heatsinks on order, but expect at least a week for delivery (I dont want/plan to throw down $20 at a local store for only to BEs!)

for the time, ive put some small chopped up gpu heatsinks on them, but its anything but professional a job. Either way, they draw away the heat and improve surface area a bit

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
Trongersoll

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 04:12:28 PM

i have a hub, fan, and heatsinks on order, but expect at least a week for delivery (I dont want/plan to throw down $20 at a local store for only to BEs!)

for the time, ive put some small chopped up gpu heatsinks on them, but its anything but professional a job. Either way, they draw away the heat and improve surface area a bit

I'm currently running 20 with just fans. I feel heat sinks are overkill.
atariguy

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 06:08:09 PM

Fans are probably overkill as well. I run mine with just the heatsinks that were already attached to them, and they work just fine. I'm just careful if I ever need to handle them.  Wink
arklan
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 06:30:52 PM

Fans are probably overkill as well. I run mine with just the heatsinks that were already attached to them, and they work just fine. I'm just careful if I ever need to handle them.  Wink

yea, no kidding... i'm currently running fifteen without fan using stock heatsink without issue. but man do i not touch them.

i don't post much, but this space for rent.
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 06:58:18 PM

yea, no kidding... i'm currently running fifteen without fan using stock heatsink without issue. but man do i not touch them.
arklan!!!! shame on you!!! give 'em some lovin and put a small, slow and quiet fan on them!!  temps will drop several deca-degrees and they will last longer too Smiley
jago25_98

Activity: 900
Merit: 1000

Crypto Geek

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2013, 07:06:06 PM

Is there somewhere with more info on these sticks just as how to assess if they are heat damaged, how they work, how the serial/usb interface works and so on?

Bitcoiner since the early days. Crypto YouTube Channel: Trading Nomads | Analyst | News Reporter | Bitcoin Hodler | Support Freedom of Speech!
arklan
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 07:28:59 PM

arklan!!!! shame on you!!! give 'em some lovin and put a small, slow and quiet fan on them!!  temps will drop several deca-degrees and they will last longer too Smiley

It's a temporary location their in, usually i do have fans on them. Pair of 120mm case fans.

i don't post much, but this space for rent.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: