Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:07:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 104 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you picky with ICOs?  (Read 13413 times)
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 09:15:28 PM

with the amount of icos that there is if you are not demanding you have to be a fortune teller
Not really. It just takes some critical analysis and research. It's not that hard to tell which projects are just bullshit and which aren't. If you can't tell and don't understand the project, don't invest. That way you can't really lose.

I agree with this one, I have invested in a handfull of icos and nowadays you have to be picky where to invest your money in, there are so many projects that it should make you think rational where to invest in, being critical on icos is a good thing as it is that icos need to be regulated, once blockchain and cryptocurrencies are accepted worldwide I think the best projects will succeed and most will fail.
ICOs are the crypto equivalent to venture capital. And most startups that VCs invest in die (about 90%). So it's not a surprise that the vast majority of ICOs will die as well.

Are you currently investing in an icos? There are too many to count, but a large portion are just scams made by "Newbie" or "Brand New" ranks. It takes effort to find a legit & profitable one.
I like Blocklancer a lot. You can actually tell that they're serious and diligent by reading their Whitepaper (which can not be said about the ripoff project Coinlancer that basically just copied the idea and rushed its ICO with nothing to back it up).
Winding Tree and Presearch seem interesting too. But most of my BTC are spread around altcoins that already finished their ICO right now. Other than those three I can't really think of any strong and convincing ICOs, but I'm always on the hunt. There's just too many around to really be able to find all the gems.
AltcoinAuthority

Activity: 616
Merit: 251

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 09:29:11 PM

Are you picky with ICOs?
I also am picky when it comes down to choosing the right ICO to invest in. Some of the ICO's don't do that well once they complete their sale so I have to be careful of scams.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 09:34:01 PM

Are you picky with ICOs?
I also am picky when it comes down to choosing the right ICO to invest in. Some of the ICO's don't do that well once they complete their sale so I have to be careful of scams.
ICOs see their coins fall in price for various reasons... If there are a lot of bonuses or bounties people tend to cash them out, which drops the price significantly right after the ICO.
rainbow169

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 09:51:59 PM

I am now extremely picky with ICO. In the last two ICOs I joined, the coin price once listed on exchange are all lower than the ICO price. Unless you are getting on significant discount through pre-sale etc. It's not really worth taking the risk.
JustinCase42

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 10:05:39 PM

Considering the vast majority of ICOs are either blatant scams or dud projects that result in worthless coins, you should be more than just picky.
Due diligence is not a joke in this industry or any other. This is an extremely speculative industry, and before you throw your hard-earned money at anything you need to make sure that you'll get something from your investment.
Here's a great article that guides you through a pretty good due diligence process: https://www.coindesk.com/moon-bust-questions-ask-evaluating-icos/

Here's a few upcoming ICOs that I'm interested in:
www.filecoin.io
www.MindSports.IO
www.spectre.ai
cryptoking710

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 10:08:13 PM

If you want to make a good investment I suggest you start getting picky my friend. The sharks are out there looking for non picky investors.

BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 09:54:09 AM

I am now extremely picky with ICO. In the last two ICOs I joined, the coin price once listed on exchange are all lower than the ICO price. Unless you are getting on significant discount through pre-sale etc. It's not really worth taking the risk.
Most ICOs go down in price right after the ICO ends. This is partly due to people dumping their bounties and presale bonuses. Makes for a good time to buy extra though if you're in it for the long run.
btcdepo

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:26:43 AM

I am very selective when it comes to joining any ICO to invest my money. as there are a lot of new projects, it became difficult to get good ones. I check project team, vision, road map, investors and then decide.

The FASTEST and MOST SECURE  Token Exchange.
▬▬  ETHERSHIFT  ▬▬  No More Waiting! Main Sale Starts Nov 05, 2018.  ▬▬  ETHERSHIFT  ▬▬
WHITEPAPER | ANN | TELEGRAM | TWITTER | REDDIT | DISCORD
Coenlogan

Activity: 36

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:29:53 AM

Investing in ICO's is just like any other investment. You need to do your research.

These are the qualities i look for before investing into an ICO:-

- Strong team - Both in development team and also the CEO's / marketing (People focus too much on the developers which is important but not everything. no point having a great team to create something, if nobody can advertise it and push the startup in the right direction.)
- Realistic vision - not aiming too high or if they do not reach their target everyone who invested will be disappointed
- Solid whitepaper - Well thought out, shows realistic goals, a strong good vision and a plan of action
- Strong social media presence - A social media that shows they are connected with everyone
- Good customer support - Shows they care, and they have invested time and money into making sure the average investor can ask questions
- Good website - A business who is willing to throw time and effort into a good website are less likely to be a scam
- finite supply - ICO's with no cap can be dangerous and can simply just damage their own coin by releasing more for more investment.
-Market they are getting involved with - Is this a new market? or a dying one? who controls the market?

Finally
- Good concept and catchy name - A good ethos and a name that makes them stand out. Personally i would avoid anything that is something "coin".

If you are looking to spread your cash over a few coins, i would look into pre-sales as you can get more bonuses for your money.

One that caught my eye was Crowdholding, seem to be under the radar but slowly trucking along. I see them all of sudden smashing it.

https://ico.crowdholding.com/

Great overview.

The Ico that I jumped on recently is Assetron Energy - fills every single one of those things.

They are in presale now, coin so cheap and only a limited supply during presale.
https://assetron.energy
Harry1v

Activity: 115

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 12:55:37 PM

Recently participated in a few ico, are a loss of the state, short term, do not intend to participate in the ico it
 Wink Wink Wink

cydrix

Activity: 602
Merit: 129

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 01:00:59 PM

Well yeah it is an obvious reason to make money along the ways so youll have to be picky and pick the right and has potential to grow even further qbout like a half of bitcoin for now bu thay would be impossible . We people have to even be cautious in this kind of business to take  a much larger profit ofcourse there are risk to what will you choose because it is a business after all but your job is to make less risk possible and make countermeasures a piece of advice dont gamble an amount that you cant have or afford to lose it
PPleaseman

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 01:06:56 PM

Yes, you have to be. But it is kind of gambling, i thought i did my research and everything but the last Icos didnt do that well. Maybe ICO time is over and you have to be in the presale (or secret pre-presale Smiley. I would like to see more ICOs without presale like Ripio. We will see

Cheers
mrjoy15

Activity: 840
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 01:41:32 PM

I would say that I am very cautious in investing. every day become more difficult to find a good projects, almost 50% are scam, and you just lose ur money. It's always risky, but sometimes it worth it. I choose tactics - try to invest in projects from my country, where I clearly understand the idea and stages of it implementing.
This is the harsh reality of ICO investment. We should more aattention over ICO projects before investing. Advice is, Don't fall victim of these new hyped up ICO's without doing your own research.
alex_aaa

Activity: 111

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 01:51:06 PM

Strong team is the main bulletpoint of any ICO

If the company has high-skilled team, then its product has a potential to become the next big thing. Because high-skilled people won't spend their time for campaign with no future

http://www.Crypto-Reporter.com - blockchain technology news, reports and ICO reviews

Twitter Facebook
BlockGemini

Activity: 50

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 01:59:16 PM

3 Must Haves:

1. Legit Team
2. Legit Whitepaper (proper research identifying the problem and how it will be solved with Blockchain)
3. Marketing (traditional and crypto)
skullsandbones

Activity: 222

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 02:41:42 PM

You should always investigate before investing in ICO's.

Of course, you should picky since many ICO's are not so good and you may not win a lot.

grbox2001

Activity: 119

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 02:50:10 PM

I think sometimes I feel I'm too picky  Grin Grin Grin there are too many of them now.. we should be careful
sukoyomi

Activity: 948
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 02:58:25 PM

before joining ico, of course i always choose the best ico. because i do not want to bear losses in ico. investment has a big risk, so be careful to choose invest in ico.

BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 03:02:27 PM

before joining ico, of course i always choose the best ico. because i do not want to bear losses in ico. investment has a big risk, so be careful to choose invest in ico.
And how do you choose "the best ICO"? What is "the best ICO" to you? I'm sure everyone here would like to know how to pick good ICOs, but most seem to be dumping right after the sale - even if the projects are generally promising.
Titanos

Activity: 208

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 03:07:27 PM

Anyone should be picky with this huge number of scam ico. First i choose some ico's from websites rating them. Then i do my own search to find better ico.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 104 »
  Print  

Jump to: