Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:55:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: WEX.nz  (Read 62155 times)
Admired

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 11:22:12 AM

Did anyone notice that in order for Wex to payout the tokens IOU's they need to go through the verification process? Anyone from the US basically won't be able to recover a full 1:1 from Wex essentially correct? I have a large amount of tokens but I don't want a nearly 60% loss on them.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
erk (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 09:04:47 PM

Did anyone notice that in order for Wex to payout the tokens IOU's they need to go through the verification process? Anyone from the US basically won't be able to recover a full 1:1 from Wex essentially correct? I have a large amount of tokens but I don't want a nearly 60% loss on them.

You should take what you can get out in crypto quietly instead of announcing to the world that you are from the US in clear breech of WEX Terms of Use risking account suspension and loss of everything. Just be thankful the staff of WEX don't read this forum.
Admired

Activity: 20

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 04:43:43 PM

You should take what you can get out in crypto quietly instead of announcing to the world that you are from the US in clear breech of WEX Terms of Use risking account suspension and loss of everything. Just be thankful the staff of WEX don't read this forum.

I'm sorry where did I state I reside in the USA? I along with many others are apprehensive about verifying due to the past history with btc-e/wex. I do not want all my documentation for them to have so as a result I might not have the chance to fully recover all my token value if I do not verify. So essentially I am in the same boat as the Americans. Just because I made that statement you implied I was a US citizen, shame you make accusations like that.
mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 06:39:50 PM

I'm sorry where did I state I reside in the USA? I along with many others are apprehensive about verifying due to the past history with btc-e/wex. I do not want all my documentation for them to have so as a result I might not have the chance to fully recover all my token value if I do not verify. So essentially I am in the same boat as the Americans. Just because I made that statement you implied I was a US citizen, shame you make accusations like that.

these are the risks of the new financial economy

high risk hopefully high return

the risk now is transparency, if not you must be a tax evader or criminal (statist control)

verification is the new tool and crypto is the tracker

first your tax, then where you are

the risk at non verification is low volume transactions, dodgy exchanges or running around for privacy or to minimize tax

Grin
dman4u2hold

Activity: 12

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 06:46:10 PM

There is a lot of shady things going on with Usa citizens not being able to get there coins on the exchange. So where are the coins and will they return them.?

It is not shady. They cleared beforehand that they will not give service to US residents.
It is the only way they can remain open.
There is no point to argue that.

They also give a fair option (the 50% withdraw without question before 15th September) without questions.
Any US residents should have accepted it.
I know that it sucks. But, again, they cannot deal with US anymore.

The problem is that they did not let everyone withdraw due to verification issues.

I was never told about any option to withdraw if I lived in the USA by email or otherwise. I was in the process of getting my account unlocked when the Feds seized there servers.  I also never tried or wanted to withdraw in fiat. I have a large number of lite coins and some bitcoin they will not let me get to on there exchange. I was trading long before all this verification stuff arose. All I want ;4them to do is return my coins or at least half. They haven't even offered to do that. For them to keep them would be outright stealing and Shady when they are clearly giving half on everyone else's accounts. I paid for those coins and they have no reason to keep them just because I live in the USA
erk (OP)

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 06:24:58 AM

I was never told about any option to withdraw if I lived in the USA by email or otherwise. I was in the process of getting my account unlocked when the Feds seized there servers.  I also never tried or wanted to withdraw in fiat. I have a large number of lite coins and some bitcoin they will not let me get to on there exchange. I was trading long before all this verification stuff arose. All I want ;4them to do is return my coins or at least half. They haven't even offered to do that. For them to keep them would be outright stealing and Shady when they are clearly giving half on everyone else's accounts. I paid for those coins and they have no reason to keep them just because I live in the USA

WEX didn't have to give anyone a thing that had to do with BTC-e, it's a separate company from BTC-e, think about that before you demand what you think are your rights. In fact, why don't you talk to a lawyer and see what they tell you.

dman4u2hold

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 07:26:56 AM

I am going to try and reply again...my previous response was deleted for some reason I do not know cause it is on topic. Simply put, Wex is paying out a percentage to all members of btc-e.except Usa citizens.s For them not to pay to one group of people because they are from a specific country is discrimination. Plus if I paid for coins, I should get the same percentage of pay on my coins as all other countries. They could simply send my coins to my wallet if they choose not to deal with United States citizens. Nothing hard about that. I paid for my coins just like everyone else.
dianacondor

Activity: 22

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 07:34:08 AM

I am going to try and reply again...my previous response was deleted for some reason I do not know cause it is on topic. Simply put, Wex is paying out a percentage to all members of btc-e.except Usa citizens.s For them not to pay to one group of people because they are from a specific country is discrimination. Plus if I paid for coins, I should get the same percentage of pay on my coins as all other countries. They could simply send my coins to my wallet if they choose not to deal with United States citizens. Nothing hard about that. I paid for my coins just like everyone else.

To be fair, btc-e (renamed now to wex) did not only take the coins of US citizens. Beside the following topics there are also russians complaining about getting dispossessed on this forum.

reddit.com/r/wex/comments/74iam6/wex_verified_now_account_empty/
reddit.com/r/BTCE/comments/758slq/wexnz_account_empty_after_verified/
reddit.com/r/wex/comments/71iq4k/wex_verification/
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2181023.msg22781133#msg22781133
https://twitter.com/langcaiye/status/917199390686593024
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2258925
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2191621.msg22974269#msg22974269
dman4u2hold

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 02:04:32 PM

Your statement just enforces all my previous statements. If Wex was being fair they would allow Usa citizens to get there coins after verification if necessary. I can understand not wanting to work with Usa citizens because of regulations, but to be fair they should allow us to get our percentage of coins back that everyone else got. I paid for those coins with my hard earned money just like a lot of other members.Keeping our coins is not right no matter how you look at it.
htp62

Activity: 6

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 02:12:03 PM

so is it possible wex will release a statement about US verification in the future? or is it set in stone that if you had coins before the shutdown that now you will no longer have access permenently? if so, is it best to try to sell account to non us citizen?  waiting for a solution from wex seems unlikely at this point
dman4u2hold

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 02:22:38 PM

Although that might work, I choose not to participate in illegal or false claims that could make things worse in so many ways. I try to do whats right. I think I will be taking this matter to our government.
mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 04:57:11 AM

Although that might work, I choose not to participate in illegal or false claims that could make things worse in so many ways. I try to do whats right. I think I will be taking this matter to our government.

while your at it ask Donald to return my coins

Grin
dman4u2hold

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 02:33:11 PM

I am already on it bro. I just hope Wex is trying to do the right thing and return what is ours (if they are entitled to). I read in there document that they only got access to the digital records for members of Btc-e. I imagine this means not the coins. If this is true, how are they able to give over 50 percent of the coins back to previous members of btc-e? Where did these coins come from if they only acquired digital information from btc-e. A lot of the USA members of btc-e are upset because we are being treated wrong for no reason. Although we live in the usa, we had nothing to do with what the federal government did with there servers, and we paid for our coins just like everyone else. Peace out.
erk (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 06:42:53 AM

https://wex.nz/news/3

Dear WEX users!

After the news about Segwit2x's proposal for Bitcoin's hard fork, the crypto currency platform WEX.nz declares that it will not support the division of Bitcoin's crypto currency into competing chains - new trading pairs will not appear.
The management of the exchange considers the results of this division to be questionable both for trades and for the crypto-currency system as a whole.
During the hard fork trade on the platform will not be interrupted and will work in the regular mode.

Sincerely, WEX Team

So don't bother cashing out BTC tokens at a loss to take advantage of the Segwit2x fork.
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 07:32:41 AM

https://wex.nz/news/3

Dear WEX users!

After the news about Segwit2x's proposal for Bitcoin's hard fork, the crypto currency platform WEX.nz declares that it will not support the division of Bitcoin's crypto currency into competing chains - new trading pairs will not appear.
The management of the exchange considers the results of this division to be questionable both for trades and for the crypto-currency system as a whole.
During the hard fork trade on the platform will not be interrupted and will work in the regular mode.

Sincerely, WEX Team

So don't bother cashing out BTC tokens at a loss to take advantage of the Segwit2x fork.

Well, I wouldn't say that. Assuming that the token prices do not change, users can exchange for BTC and withdraw all BTC to local wallets. They can then split their BTC from 2X coins after the fork, send their BTC back to WEX, and then regain their token position.

Whether it's worth it to do that is another story. Right now, 2X coin futures are trading at 0.15 BTC. That price could rise considerably if miners and major services follow through with the fork regardless of what happens in the long term. I'd say there's a decent chance that withdrawing BTC/tokens from WEX for the fork is totally worth it.

richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 11:14:49 PM

I'd say there's a decent chance that withdrawing BTC/tokens from WEX for the fork is totally worth it.

It's insanely worth it. If you're leaving your coins there, you'll be kissing your potential 2x coins goodbye for no reason. On top of that, I strongly believe that WEX will end up liquidating these coins elsewhere, which is something basically every user of that exchange should at all times avoid. At the end of the day, the money that comes out of these 2x coins will greatly improve the exchange's (i.e. the operator's) financial position. If people want to start withdrawing their coins from there, it would be worthwhile to do it way before the actual forking date.
erk (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 11:44:28 PM

I'd say there's a decent chance that withdrawing BTC/tokens from WEX for the fork is totally worth it.

It's insanely worth it. If you're leaving your coins there, you'll be kissing your potential 2x coins goodbye for no reason. On top of that, I strongly believe that WEX will end up liquidating these coins elsewhere, which is something basically every user of that exchange should at all times avoid. At the end of the day, the money that comes out of these 2x coins will greatly improve the exchange's (i.e. the operator's) financial position. If people want to start withdrawing their coins from there, it would be worthwhile to do it way before the actual forking date.

Have any exchanges said they will actually support the 2X coins when it forks?
Razick
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 07:57:00 AM

I would withdraw my coins from WEX anyways, no matter the case. They just came back from a serious downtime involving getting shut down by the US government for potential money laundering accusations, and their users (including myself) lots millions. Why on Earth anyone would trust them to store any coins is beyond me. I would not keep coins on WEX longer than a few days, tops.

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
Puff Pastry Hangman

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 08:06:17 AM

I don't understand why anyone with a choice would still be using WEX... if you can, get out while the going's good!
xtimus

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 09:43:40 AM

Aside from the US Government shutdown, I think Wex/BTC-e is a top quality exchange. The security is top notch and prevented hacker from hacking my account. It needs more coins. Their pledge to repay users is also sign of a quality exchange.

I did withdraw all coins except tokens there. Waiting the 1-2 years.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: