Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:58:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you read ICOs white paper before investing?  (Read 3614 times)
oreits11

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 07:19:54 PM

for attracting investors from bangladesh/near bangladesh with theless on literacy as moderating english notice of message with information,
developer to draws of signs with the symbolics as referring use of contrast with the gesture as
investors to gains withthe understanding to goes as displacing funds of dislodgement.
that sometimes they prefers towatch movies or picture as appealing exchange with the affection as the limit has as with the
wider on range as the contrast on difference as to close of each other as collecting with returns of works as the manage of decision.

Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
noninum

Activity: 505
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 07:31:41 PM

I always read the whitepaper an ICOs, as i am indeed investing more on ICO coin. In addition to profits offered are so great i consider investing in ICO as do the deposit contract. From white paper i can see vision and mission of a coin.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
SpearTackle

Activity: 153

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 01:55:00 AM

Of course, reading their white paper is a secure way to invest in an ICO. Try not reading it, you will not know if that ICO is really worth to invest in and if it is secure to invest in. I know that you are aware of a lot of ICO scam, so reading it is the best way.
chaser15
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1065

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 02:00:55 AM

I see a lot of people that do not bother to read the paper,
I try to do max due deligence before buying any coin.

What about you?

Yes. My money is at risks so better read any sides of the projects.

Although whitepaper and roadmaps always have good goals obviously so that they can attract investors, the whole output of the project is still risky. Investing on ICO's is like gambling your money but with much expected good returns. I have also some things to be consider first before going out my money on any project.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
helars2008

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 02:16:23 AM

Reading cryptocurrencies whitepaper is a must.
Especially when it comes to coins that has ICO's since it will involve some of your hard earned money.
Better spend some time reading and analyzing their whitepaper.  It is better to be busy with right now rather than mumble in the end when it became obvious to you that youve indeed been scammed.  And this is not far from happening right now since there are coins who are created to take advantage of others ignorance.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
pikatju

Activity: 336

https://wallet.merit.me/?invite=Pikachu

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 02:20:07 AM

Of course you will need to read. A good whitepaper is critical to a good product and it shows the effort of the team.
Powerledger has a great whitepaper. I would consider loading up on Powerledger. The ICO is running now and it is super cheap. Check it out here

cleygaux

Activity: 656

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 02:31:21 AM

Yes of course whitepaper is one of the very important document you need to check when you want to invest in an ICO all of the questions that maybe asked by investors are included in a whitepaper roadmaps, plans, proposed solutions, coin specifications etc and one of the important thing Im looking in a whitepaper is the team involved with its real name written just for background checking this is really important.  
Aztek

Activity: 423

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 02:51:09 AM

Reading the Whitepaper is a must. You have to understand what you're investing in and how it's going to make you any money afterwards. However the Whitepaper is not the only important thing. There are many factors at work, the composition and experience of the team, social media campaigns, the desired amount they want to raise, the supply of the token and its utility etc.
If you invest blindly because someone whom you don't know told you so, you're going to have a bad time.
If you are planning to support a specific ICO project or a campaign for altcoin you must consider reading first the whitepaper because it serves as our module information for us to know what is the project all about and how will it going to run the whole project. Hence, we could choose whether to support or not a specific ICO or even be a part of the project. We must learn first before getting to a specific thing in the world of crypto-currency.
NathanJB

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 02:57:37 AM

Those who join ICOs without even reading the whitepaper which is very basic are like people aggressively going into a battle without even knowing who or what or how many their enemies are. The risk is extremely high and the probability of losing is always there close to them.
finaleshot2016
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1007

Degen in the Space

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2017, 04:05:03 AM

What about you?

Yes because i want to know the goal of the project and i want to know if the ICO is legit or not. I want to know the people behind the ICO to make sure if the project will be successful or not.
VegaAISolutions

Activity: 130
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2017, 04:14:41 AM

A good white paper should be no problem for an investor to read, it should convey with elegance and simplicity the core message of the product in a direct way, that wastes neither the time of the writer nor the reader.

The first thing I do when I look at a projects white paper is skim over the writing style to look for the fundamentals of writing, at the end of the day to me what's more important is how well a person can architect a project to scale over time, rather than its immediate potential for a return of investment... To that end nothing is more important then the ability of the developer and his team to present their Concept in the most concise way possible.

if I determined upon my first skim that this is not the case and the white paper is overly complex I'm far less likely to invest, not necessarily because the technology is bad or a scam, and I might even be really impressed by what I read in the white paper... However it tells volumes as to the architectural and organizational skills of the team involved.

ipanks

Activity: 1610
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 04:32:47 AM

of course yes, i read the white paper first before investing because from reading their purpose, it will help us to determine what they want from their project. we can see who is behind the ico and how good their back up in the background, the most important is we can know their details of the project so we can decide to invest with them or not.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 04:36:52 AM

If you are a serious investors and make sure that your invested money will be spent to where it should be, read the white paper, it does not say only what the plan is for the owners but also, it gives you a lot of clues if the project is feasible and worth investing. I heard there are white papers out there that are so badly written that some of the information are just taken out from wikipedia.
prashanta
Copper Member

Activity: 728

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 04:43:59 AM

What about you?

Yes because i want to know the goal of the project and i want to know if the ICO is legit or not. I want to know the people behind the ICO to make sure if the project will be successful or not.
Everyone must should read the white paper if who are interested to buy-sell, holdings, or invest in ICO about in any altcoin, they must read white paper attentively because they should know what's the project goal, project roadmap, Escrow details, Foundation Team & Advisory team details, Total token supply for crawdsale etc..
Dannaey

Activity: 468

Experience the Future of DeFi

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 04:48:54 AM

What about you?

Whitepaper is an informational document issued by the creators of a certain token to promote or highlight the features that they want to offer with their token. It is use to promote and inform the potential investors. So it's very important to understand first the Token and how it works before you invest your money. Because not all ICOs are going to be successful, so better to study it first. Of course you don't want your hard-earned money be put on something and might be gone in just like that. So be cautious.

dewanaga
Copper Member

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 04:50:27 AM

What about you?
yes reading a whitepaper before investing in a project or ico must be important, because it contains some important information, such as the start date of ico,
the team of the project Smiley
AbbyS

Activity: 208
Merit: 104

Excellence is an attitude

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 07:36:28 AM

What about you?

Now anyone and everyone is launching an ICO, no startup experience required .... sad

AltcoinsTalks
⟫⟫ Offers bitcointalk users possibility to teleport their rank  ⟫⟫  Read details <<
Join more bounties on 2 forums

wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 07:46:04 AM

Yes it is pretty much the first thing to read after the announcement. The roadmap is important as well, I read that in second.

Prodigan786

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 09:18:36 AM

Yes I do read white paper completely more than once for understanding better and also do research on company team involved background of company everything then after only I will join invest in Ico.
smith136

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 09:23:51 AM

Yes of course ! you should not engage in business without profile and background checking of people whose behind ICO. White paper serves as a guideline for what a specific ICO for and their contribution to community.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: