Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:36:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where is Mt Gox's office in Tokyo?  (Read 6886 times)
calista (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 06:33:13 AM

what is the physical address? for business travel i will be in tokyo 3 days from now, and i want to stop by their office to sort something out.

anyone know?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SomeoneWeird

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 06:36:22 AM

what is the physical address? for business travel i will be in tokyo 3 days from now, and i want to stop by their office to sort something out.

anyone know?

Whois of MtGox.com:

Code:
owner-organization: Tibanne Co. Ltd.
owner-name: Mark Karpelès
owner-street: Cerulean Tower 15F
owner-city: Shibuya
owner-state: Tokyo
owner-zip: 168-0082
owner-country: JP
owner-phone: +81.345501529
owner-fax:
owner-email:

admin-organization: Tibanne Co. Ltd.
admin-name: Mark Karpelès
admin-street: Cerulean Tower 15F
admin-city: Shibuya
admin-state: Tokyo
admin-zip: 168-0082
admin-country: JP
admin-phone: +81.345501529
admin-fax:
admin-email:

tech-organization: Tibanne Co. Ltd.
tech-name: Mark Karpelès
tech-street: Cerulean Tower 15F
tech-city: Shibuya
tech-state: Tokyo
tech-zip: 168-0082
tech-country: JP
tech-phone: +81.345501529
tech-fax:
tech-email:

billing-organization: Tibanne Co. Ltd.
billing-name: Mark Karpelès
billing-street: Cerulean Tower 15F
billing-city: Shibuya
billing-state: Tokyo
billing-zip: 168-0082
billing-country: JP
billing-phone: +81.345501529
billing-fax:
billing-email:
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 06:38:54 AM

Tibanne Co., Ltd,
〒168-0082
Tōkyō-to, Suginami-ku, Kugayama 5-24-30

Telephone: +81 3-4550-1529
E-mail: contact@tibanne.com

d.james

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Firstbits: 12pqwk

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 06:56:04 AM

Can you deliver him a package for me? and promise not to open it by accident.  Roll Eyes

You can not roll a BitCoin, but you can rollback some. Cheesy
Roll me back: 1NxMkvbYn8o7kKCWPsnWR4FDvH7L9TJqGG
SomeoneWeird

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 07:04:45 AM

Can you deliver him a package for me? and promise not to open it by accident.  Roll Eyes

Is it going to be ticking?
d.james

Activity: 280

Firstbits: 12pqwk

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 07:12:03 AM

No No, nothing ticks, just don't open the lid it's attached to a wire switch.

You can not roll a BitCoin, but you can rollback some. Cheesy
Roll me back: 1NxMkvbYn8o7kKCWPsnWR4FDvH7L9TJqGG
Batouzo

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 10:27:09 AM

anyone know?

1) You guys need to learn using whois, or google, or clicking on About page...

2)  Heh. Are you packing heat? Wink  Roll Eyes
Dunbar

Activity: 22

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 10:48:49 AM

anyone know?

1) You guys need to learn using whois, or google, or clicking on About page...

2)  Heh. Are you packing heat? Wink  Roll Eyes

I would be quite worries about that happening if I was running mt.gox. Basically you have an office with $15M in cash lying around (considering mt.gox controls 500k BTC). Anyone can walk in and force mt.gox to transfer all those BTC's to his wallet and there is absolutely nothing he can do to either get those funds back or try to find out the identity of that thief.
A normal bank doesnt have $15M in cash in their vaults and they are much better secured then 2 nerds in a communal office building.
qwk
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 3411

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 11:00:48 AM

I would be quite worries about that happening if I was running mt.gox. Basically you have an office with $15M in cash lying around (considering mt.gox controls 500k BTC). Anyone can walk in and force mt.gox to transfer all those BTC's to his wallet and there is absolutely nothing he can do to either get those funds back or try to find out the identity of that thief.
A normal bank doesnt have $15M in cash in their vaults and they are much better secured then 2 nerds in a communal office building.

I doubt that a normally prudent person would have the wallet file/s for all of those btc in their office all in one place.

Then again... MtGox... Just look under the doormat  Tongue

Yeah, well, I'm gonna go build my own blockchain. With blackjack and hookers! In fact forget the blockchain.
Epinnoia

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 11:22:45 AM

In all fairness to MtGox, most banks have little more than old/retired people serving as 'armed security', and often don't even have that. 

Granted, they do have vaults.  But how is that different from storing wallet files on encrypted/removable drives?  One takes a combination to open.  The other takes a password.  A criminal could conceivably 'force' a banker to open a safe, just as much as force MtGox to decrypt the wallet file.

My first miner -> ATI 4550 (7.2 Mh/sec): 
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cryptospeculators/
Dunbar

Activity: 22

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 11:33:38 AM

In all fairness to MtGox, most banks have little more than old/retired people serving as 'armed security', and often don't even have that. 

Granted, they do have vaults.  But how is that different from storing wallet files on encrypted/removable drives?  One takes a combination to open.  The other takes a password.  A criminal could conceivably 'force' a banker to open a safe, just as much as force MtGox to decrypt the wallet file.

Vaults have time delay locks and it is very common for people banks to not have access to any cash. I cant even get cash anymore at my local branche, I have to use an ATM.
Philj

Activity: 388

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 11:37:03 AM

just let him get the website back up so I can get my money/BTC out before you visit him. I would hate to see anything happen to the person that has my money before I was able to get it back.
relative

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 11:40:39 AM

I doubt that a normally prudent person would have the wallet file/s for all of those btc in their office all in one place.

apparently they do.
he was asked on IRC to transfer 400kBTC to proove he still has control over it. he did, an hour later.

you think he went to his bank locker to impress some IRC guys?
jerfelix

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 11:54:46 AM

apparently they do.
he was asked on IRC to transfer 400kBTC to proove he still has control over it. he did, an hour later.

I'm no cheerleader for Mt. Gox, but I think it's hilarious that no matter what they do, they can't win.

According to you, he was totally responsive to the request that he prove that he still controls all the Bitcoins, doing a visible transfer within an hour.  And now you act as if that's a bad thing!
Man From The Future

Activity: 371

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 11:55:32 AM

apparently they do.

Yes, it wasn't to impress people. It was to prove he could still ocntrol the funds.

THE ONE STOP SOLUTION FOR THE CRYPTO WORLD
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Facebook   /  Twitter   /  Reddit   /  Medium   /  Youtube   /
      ▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄█████████████████▄
  █████▀▀  ███  ▀▀█████
 ████     █████     ████
████     ███████
███▀    ████ ████
███▄   ████   ████
████  ████▄▄▄▄▄████  ████
 ███████████████████████
  █████▄▄       ▄▄█████
   ▀█████████████████▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀                       ▀█▄
▄▄▄▄ ▄█                           █▄ ▄▄▄▄
█   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   █
▀▀█▀                                 ▀█▀▀
▄▀                                     ▀▄
▄▄▀▄▄▄▄                                 ▄▄▄▄▀▄▄
█       ▀▀▄                           ▄▀▀       █
█          █                         █          █
█▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█
▒▀▄       ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██       ▄▀▒
▒█▀▀▀▀▄▄  █              ▀              █  ▄▄▀▀▀▀█▒
▒█      █ ▀▄                           ▄▀ █      █▒
▒▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀  █▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█  ▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▒
▒▒▒▀▄▄▄▄▄ █                             █ ▄▄▄▄▄▀▒▒▒
 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
goodlord666

Activity: 434

100%

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 11:57:03 AM

anyone know?

They'll definately be glad to have a cup of coffee with you.

relative

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 12:01:28 PM

alright, I take back "impress". the point was: apparently they have the private keys on-site.

c-rock

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

I love the Cloud, and Love Mining, how 2 combine?

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2011, 12:47:10 PM

Grin

Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 01:00:33 PM

alright, I take back "impress". the point was: apparently they have the private keys on-site.

When he made that transfer he had to go through hoops to access the encrypted files, it wasnt located simply on his desktop.

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
kokojie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 01:12:04 PM

The office is a virtual office, he's not actually there

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: