Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:50:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MEC] Megacoin has arrived. Scrypt & Core 0.8.2+ Updates: Chinese Market  (Read 94642 times)
mercSuey

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 09:10:05 PM

I pm'd Komoto to see his CV.  Given he's a doctor, I assume he has one like all doctors.  No reply so far. 

Is there even a website for this coin?  Any projects on the docket?  A dev team working on the basics, like payment processing?

Another day has passed and still nothing.  No reply, no website, no project announcements, no dev team introductions, nothing...

How are we supposed to educate ourselves about the prospects of a coin and its dev team, as well as the legitimacy of their claims?
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ohiwastedmylif

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 09:17:33 PM

We need a website, a new logo, and some more attention.

It seems like a decent coin with good potential but has only a small buzz going on about it.

MΣC | MAvSLa1ZYpk3AsDeqj9njfVkaunJRDu2VZ
http://www.megacoin.co.nz/
A L I E N
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 09:33:37 PM

The dev is what this coin has going for it.  Remember he is the first one to be able to utilize the latest bitcoin client of all the other altcoins, even LTC.  He was also able to fix the cpu issue without breaking a sweat and now the wallet runs smooth with little resource usage.  Who knows what he is capable of.  Aside from that, I'm sure he would welcome any website or other services that people create to provide information and expansion of the coin.

It is his job to keep the coin updated and running smoothly,which he has done.  It is our job as share/coin holders to promote its adoption.
BladeRunner

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

Cheif Oompa Loompa.

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 12:05:57 AM

We need a website, a new logo, and some more attention.

It seems like a decent coin with good potential but has only a small buzz going on about it.

The dev is not looking to make a Pump and dump coin.  Confidence in this coin will grow as services are developed along the way. The statement that there will be no wine before its time should exemplify this coin.
So, any Immediate profiteering should be overlooked for greater profitability down the road.
ohiwastedmylif

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 12:33:39 AM

Can someone post a short highlight of what makes this coin different than the others and why it will succeed?

I think it would help with adoption if the information was easily stated.

BladeRunner

Activity: 205

Cheif Oompa Loompa.

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 12:42:57 AM

From Dr Kimoto:

Well a short summary: Have a coin that isn't backed by a incredibly stale development "team" (LTC) that asks for donations. I've been mirroring BTC every step along the way but using scrypt.  The coin distribution may sound weird, but it was highly calculated as well to provide benefits to all who wish to join and long term potential.  Not have an insane block time and a block re-target calculation that works for most situations (without making people re download their clients weeks later) and survive the initial surges. This is definitely not a pump in dump.  I recoded in a very short time what several people couldn't in over a year.

He is also developing a website for this coin that is going to be quote "kick ass" whatever that means....
Developing the back end tools to easily add payment gateway stuff to your website.
As mentioned before, it uses the most recent Bitcoin code using scrypt. Something that the litecoin "team" has been unable to do.

The coin is basically the only Unique coin to come out since litecoin just under the software tree its using. All the other coins (and there are many) are essentially copy and paste with nothing more added except changes in the coins/re-targets.

The skills of this Dev are certainly par above many of the other coin dev's and we should expect to see some great things.
dubs

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 12:48:40 AM

From Dr Kimoto:

Well a short summary: Have a coin that isn't backed by a incredibly stale development "team" (LTC) that asks for donations. I've been mirroring BTC every step along the way but using scrypt.  The coin distribution may sound weird, but it was highly calculated as well to provide benefits to all who wish to join and long term potential.  Not have an insane block time and a block re-target calculation that works for most situations (without making people re download their clients weeks later) and survive the initial surges. This is definitely not a pump in dump.  I recoded in a very short time what several people couldn't in over a year.

He is also developing a website for this coin that is going to be quote "kick ass" whatever that means....
Developing the back end tools to easily add payment gateway stuff to your website.
As mentioned before, it uses the most recent Bitcoin code using scrypt. Something that the litecoin "team" has been unable to do.

The coin is basically the only Unique coin to come out since litecoin just under the software tree its using. All the other coins (and there are many) are essentially copy and paste with nothing more added except changes in the coins/re-targets.

The skills of this Dev are certainly par above many of the other coin dev's and we should expect to see some great things.

good work getting this up
ohiwastedmylif

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 01:02:26 AM

Nice that is what I wanted to see!

I have high hopes for this coin! Seems like the dev has some real talent that can bring something new to the existing junk coins.

thanks.

gnode

Activity: 492

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 01:08:19 AM

You can't expect to hear from the dr. since it is the weekend in Mt. Gox land. Of course they all work saturdays so maybe.
mercSuey

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 01:09:10 AM

From Dr Kimoto:

So weird you had to relay the message instead of posting it himself.  
ohiwastedmylif

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 01:12:58 AM

You can't expect to hear from the dr. since it is the weekend in Mt. Gox land. Of course they all work saturdays so maybe.

He works at GOX?

dubs

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 01:16:29 AM

He works at GOX?

yes
mercSuey

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 01:18:57 AM

He works at GOX?

yes

Says who?  Baby Jesus?
dubs

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 01:19:48 AM

He works at GOX?

yes

Says who?  Baby Jesus?

the one and only, Dr. Kimoto will let you know also
Hazard
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2013, 01:22:25 AM

From Dr Kimoto:

Yes, the skills of this dev are so high that he didn't even know using the same ports as litecoin would cause issues. Hahah this guy is a clown. Fucking amateur hour.

Megacoin, meet secondary market on cryptsy Cheesy

mercSuey

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 01:23:01 AM

He works at GOX?

yes

Says who?  Baby Jesus?

A CV would suffice.   Some facts to confirm claims for ourselves instead of reading nonsense in a forum.
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 01:43:07 AM

not that i care, but if you wanna get into MEC cheap now is the time. either start mining, or buy on cryptsy. current price is pretty cheap! just a heads up before it blows up.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
gnode

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 01:54:22 AM
Last edit: June 17, 2013, 01:40:37 PM by gnode

He works at GOX?

yes

Says who?  Baby Jesus?

A CV would suffice.   Some facts to confirm claims for ourselves instead of reading nonsense in a forum.

Dr Kimoto Chan is a false name just like yours. He is not using his real name.
mercSuey

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 02:10:19 AM

He works at GOX?

yes

Says who?  Baby Jesus?

Dr Kimoto Chan is a false name just like yours. He is not using his real name. Only coins with bitcoin clients will make it on gox. It seems that the plan is to use a second coin as authentication for fiat transfers, similar to how paypal charges a small amount to your credit card to ascertain validity. MEC is probably that coin. Perhaps with their june engine update.

Alas I'm not releasing a coin.  His username is Kimoto and yet he added Dr. and Chan.  Why?  To add credibility is the obvious answer.  So I'm calling him out on it.  I want to see a CV and the university where he received his doctorate and his thesis adviser.  Things I can confirm for myself with a simple phone call.  The PnD game on these forums isn't a secret.  But to blatantly lie to fool people with regards to credibility is something else and it should be combated.  The same should go for any claim or masked premine/instamine, or profiteering scheme like Solidcoin/Microcash.  Transparency is key.  Or how else can we trust coins and their dev teams?
gnode

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 02:12:28 AM

I think you need to google Kimoto Chan!

Duh!! The joke is on you!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: