Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:49:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MEC] Megacoin has arrived. Scrypt & Core 0.8.2+ Updates: Chinese Market  (Read 94642 times)
mercSuey

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 02:16:36 AM

I think you need to google Kimoto Chan!

Duh!! The joke is on you!

Nah. I know.  Tough to take this coin seriously with no website, project announcements, or dev team.  Actually, the coin and its dev is the joke, smarty.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gnode

Activity: 492

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 02:23:49 AM

I think you need to google Kimoto Chan!

Duh!! The joke is on you!

Nah. I know.  Tough to take this coin seriously with no website, project announcements, or dev team.  Actually, the coin and its dev is the joke, smarty.

It is a very serious coin,

BladeRunner

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

Cheif Oompa Loompa.

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 02:48:37 AM

So weird you had to relay the message instead of posting it himself.  

Its a private message I sent to him 3 weeks ago asking why the hell I would even want to mine it and what plans were in store for the coin. That was the return message.

Its basically the same thing that he said in the chat channel on cryptsy when MEC first got listed there.

I dont know anything about him working at GOX or if he really is a DR. or if this is some secret plan for this coin to be used for transaction fees or something. I just relay what I have been told.
A L I E N
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 04:25:01 AM

Yes, the skills of this dev are so high that he didn't even know using the same ports as litecoin would cause issues. Hahah this guy is a clown. Fucking amateur hour.

Megacoin, meet secondary market on cryptsy Cheesy

Not surprising the scamcoin cloner is out trying to derail an actually innovative coin.  Back to the basement troll..
Bigal

Activity: 204

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 09:26:49 AM

Megacoin pool http://meg.smalltimeminer.com
Proportional Payouts, Full Block Rewards Including Tx Fees, 1% Pool Fee

Now on a new vps! in case you couldn't find it.
I paid out several orphan blocks so check your balances.
I'm also going to distribute some of the pool reward to those who mined yesterday when the connection was crap.

The Small Time Miner Pools   CryptoCoin Ticker   BTC 1EHV2BY8JcvpBqnMqq5BSkbZvFHT7ndpnz    LTC  LaBigaLvm7L8XT5urnwJW5MpoArBAjsk2X
tstang

Activity: 178

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 09:34:32 AM

ethought,

are you the one in charge for megacoin.miningpool.co   ?

I am one of the top 3 network contributor but I cannot see any transaction for my account cos 1 day already.

Can you please check on it?

Thanks.
MobGod

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2013, 09:46:43 AM

Yes, the skills of this dev are so high that he didn't even know using the same ports as litecoin would cause issues. Hahah this guy is a clown. Fucking amateur hour.

Megacoin, meet secondary market on cryptsy Cheesy

Not surprising the scamcoin cloner is out trying to derail an actually innovative coin.  Back to the basement troll..
forgot to ask what is this coin based off ppcoin i need to know this for the explorer

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
tstang

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 09:53:12 AM

Bigal,

is your connection stable again? yesterday was really bad and I was the top contributor. Imagine how much MEC i lost in a day, sight.
MobGod

Activity: 532

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2013, 09:55:54 AM

Bigal,

is your connection stable again? yesterday was really and I was the top contributor. Imagine how much MEC i lost in a day, sight.
why not try my pool it's been running fine

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
tstang

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 09:59:10 AM

For those of you still in doubt who is behind Megacoin, please check the link below.

https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/475-megacoin-information/

It was launch in another forum and your can download the official client from mega.co.nz

Mega.co.nz is the official website for Kimdotcom.

Why would he allow to download the client from his server if not his own currency?

Think about it, if Kimdotcom is using Bitcoin, why don't he use his own Megacoin then if your are him?
tstang

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 10:00:14 AM

Bigal,

is your connection stable again? yesterday was really and I was the top contributor. Imagine how much MEC i lost in a day, sight.
why not try my pool it's been running fine

what is your pool MobGod?
AbiTxGroup

Activity: 447

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 10:39:57 AM

For those of you still in doubt who is behind Megacoin, please check the link below.

https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/475-megacoin-information/

It was launch in another forum and your can download the official client from mega.co.nz

Mega.co.nz is the official website for Kimdotcom.

Why would he allow to download the client from his server if not his own currency?

Think about it, if Kimdotcom is using Bitcoin, why don't he use his own Megacoin then if your are him?
LOL.  Are you serious with the above statement that I bolded?  
Do you even know what the Mega site is used for?  
Here, let me educate you a little. This is from the "About Us" link at mega:
We are a dedicated group of technologists who were given the time, opportunity and Internet access to build an awesome cloud storage service that will help protect your privacy. We have programmed this Internet service from scratch in Auckland, New Zealand. Unlike most of our competitors, we use a state of the art browser based encryption technology where you, not us, control the keys. Our design group includes Kim Dotcom, Mathias Ortmann, Bram van der Kolk, and Finn Batato. Tony Lentino, owner of domain registrar Instra Corporation, is our Principal Visionary. Our CEO, Vikram Kumar, has been Chief Executive of InternetNZ, a non-profit organization promoting the vision of an 'open and uncapturable Internet'. We hope you like it.
That may be a lot of info for you, but to sum it up, it is a "cloud storage" service.  I can upload any coin client I wanted and give the link out to others.  There are no restrictions to currency clients as you seem to point out.

Just cause the client is linked to a mega download, does not mean that Kim Dotcom is the dev for that coin.

(sarcasim=on)

Wow....look at this, here is a link to the DGC client and its at mega, https://mega.co.nz/#!egZU3QCB!foXlUkMfJCqJPxhoioIAT1ljclxiMLh1iogmXdqhj-0 that means that its Kim Dotcom's currency.

OMG!!! here is another one, https://mega.co.nz/#!J1NWzCwB!HCBg_CO4-kgz9mwITuomO0KFI2JhUySnZxYFhz2TMU8 he owns memecoin also.

Not Again, https://mega.co.nz/#!HQQ00IiJ!BvGYWSf8jsEaJ1DA2ZZuFARtuiUPxIRkOQeF68XRnC8 realcoin also?

(sarcasim=off)

Nuff Said.
tstang

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 10:43:42 AM
Last edit: June 15, 2013, 11:03:22 AM by tstang

Maybe you are right to say that. Thanks for the head up!  Grin
DigitalDoom

Activity: 128

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 12:45:45 PM

Registration has been opened again at:

http://megacoin.miningpool.co

What's going on with this pool? My numbers don't make any sense. After mining 8+ hours it's reporting my earnings @ +/- 7 MEC. I'm confused to what that means. Is it coins earned or blocks earned? I don't know...none of the reported numbers make sense at all. If 8+ hours of mining in the top 4 hashrate spot on this pool only earns 7 MEC coins...well, what a waste of my hashing power.

According to the pool stats, I've been mining in pool while the last 34 blocks were discovered by the pool and I found 4 of them myself...yet my earned amount is reported as only 7 MEC. Either this is the number of complete blocks I've earned and will be paid, or it's a huge mistake and the pool is reporting seriously wrong stats and info....not sure which.

Can anyone help make some sense of the stats being displayed/reported by this pool?
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 12:50:43 PM

What's going on with this pool? My numbers don't make any sense. After mining 8+ hours it's reporting my earnings @ +/- 7 MEC. I'm confused to what that means. Is it coins earned or blocks earned? I don't know...none of the reported numbers make sense at all. If 8+ hours of mining in the top 4 hashrate spot on this pool only earns 7 MEC coins...well, what a waste of my hashing power.

According to the pool stats, I've been mining in pool while the last 34 blocks were discovered by the pool and I found 4 of them myself...yet my earned amount is reported as only 7 MEC. Either this is the number of complete blocks I've earned and will be paid, or it's a huge mistake and the pool is reporting seriously wrong stats and info....not sure which.

Can anyone help make some sense of the stats being displayed/reported by this pool?

you have to hope its reporting blocks. logically it would make sense, because block size is variable based on the current block, so it is likely reporting the number of blocks earned instead of the amount of MEC. i'm sure the owner of the pool can clarify this but this is my understanding of how it works.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
gnode

Activity: 492

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 12:59:46 PM
Last edit: June 15, 2013, 01:10:01 PM by gnode

you have to hope its reporting blocks. logically it would make sense, because block size is variable based on the current block, so it is likely reporting the number of blocks earned instead of the amount of MEC. i'm sure the owner of the pool can clarify this but this is my understanding of how it works.

It is not blocks just coins. The problem is that you get paid about 8 hours after you mine a share, confirms are taking a LONG time.
tstang

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 01:31:59 PM

I am having the same problem too. send PM and msg to the Person in Charge. Looks like got some MEC coming in.
dubs

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 01:46:56 PM

do we have any 100% working pools?
MarKusRomanus
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 01:48:57 PM

do we have any 100% working pools?

yes, http://mega.minepool.net/
nesic1

Activity: 636

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 03:08:31 PM

can anyone tell info about what should i change in network.py, to get up p2pool
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: